Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Lol dont believe anything you read. Still 25000 is also embarrassing even if it was way less. It is a 50000 stadium. What does that tell you????

But you claimed there were 26,000 there for QPR, hardly a big difference and still a long way from 50,000, is that not equally embarrassing then? Keep digging lol!!!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5470 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Okay, so Marc Martel is not a “ladyboy.” He plays the piano. Does anyone know why Brian and Roger have chosen to tour with Adam instead of Marc?

Marc is a Christian and Brian May and Roger Taylor are disciples of the Church of the Horned God. Not the best chemistry.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2195 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly For goodness sake what has religion got to do with playing live music? Freddie was a zoroastrian in his faith and that never affected his relationship with Brian or Roger.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5470 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zoroastrians have magic powers, like Harry Potter or Dr Who. Fred, Brian and Rog were into that big time. Google "Freddie at my hamster" for more details.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

Rockchic The Tours that Paul done with Queen never had so much advertising and hype as Adam is having with Queen.
So basically it is unfair to say Adam sold out faster when in essence Paul Rodgers is a bigger dynamic artist than Adam.

In Europe the Tickets sold equal if Not better. They played Cologne stadium with Paul in front of 26.000. With Lamebird they sold 15.000 tickets in 2015 at the same place. In America it might be different because of Lameturds AI story. In Europe noone cares about him and he still is unknown. They lost a lot of the old school rock fans here. QPR was credible QAL is laughable. And the 2019 tickets sell because of the movie hype not because of their twat singer

Get your facts straight, man. Q+AL sold 27.000 tickets 2016 in Cologne Stadium. I was there and the rain was pouring down hard in a thunderstorm, that lasted from 2 hours before, until one hour after the concert. The main station got struck by lightning that evening. It was terrifying and everyone was soaked to the bones. „Thunderbolt and Lightning - very , very frightening“ had NEVER been so true. The thunder was occasionally louder than the music in that stadium.
So, no casual or last minute attendants that night. Lol. Believe me, THAT was an adventure and a gig, that I‘ll never forget. And I‘ve seen so many...

The 15.000 were 2015 in the sold out LANXESS arena.

You are just delusional. A lot of my friends were therw and the stadium was not even half full.

Why am I delusional? 27.000 people in a stadium, that holds 50.000 is only about half full, you idiot.
And it was about the same with PR.
Only that you will say, that it was halfway full with PR and half empty with AL.

Inspired

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ticket sales are irrelevant because the spirit of Queen has long gone on that stage....
Freddie gave Queen the ambience of something grand, regal and massive so it is not really worth arguing because Adam has none of those things.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is merely your opinion, which is perfectly fine. But others don't feel that way, which is also perfectly fine. Everything can be discussed and there is never only one side. You can't make a blanket statement about an opinion, only irrefutable facts, and that isn't a fact.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Lol dont believe anything you read. Still 25000 is also embarrassing even if it was way less. It is a 50000 stadium. What does that tell you????

But you claimed there were 26,000 there for QPR, hardly a big difference and still a long way from 50,000, is that not equally embarrassing then? Keep digging lol!!!

There were no 25000 there you fucking delusional prick

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Okay, so Marc Martel is not a “ladyboy.” He plays the piano. Does anyone know why Brian and Roger have chosen to tour with Adam instead of Marc?

No the answer is "They have lost the plot and their dignity" - unlike John Deacon. And no JD is NOT the manager of Queen anymore. He just doesnt give a shit.

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Zoroastrians have magic powers, like Harry Potter or Dr Who. Fred, Brian and Rog were into that big time. Google "Freddie at my hamster" for more details.

Haha-pretty easy to wind up those Glamtarts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Haha-pretty easy to wind up those Glamtarts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

Rockchic The Tours that Paul done with Queen never had so much advertising and hype as Adam is having with Queen.
So basically it is unfair to say Adam sold out faster when in essence Paul Rodgers is a bigger dynamic artist than Adam.

In Europe the Tickets sold equal if Not better. They played Cologne stadium with Paul in front of 26.000. With Lamebird they sold 15.000 tickets in 2015 at the same place. In America it might be different because of Lameturds AI story. In Europe noone cares about him and he still is unknown. They lost a lot of the old school rock fans here. QPR was credible QAL is laughable. And the 2019 tickets sell because of the movie hype not because of their twat singer

Get your facts straight, man. Q+AL sold 27.000 tickets 2016 in Cologne Stadium. I was there and the rain was pouring down hard in a thunderstorm, that lasted from 2 hours before, until one hour after the concert. The main station got struck by lightning that evening. It was terrifying and everyone was soaked to the bones. „Thunderbolt and Lightning - very , very frightening“ had NEVER been so true. The thunder was occasionally louder than the music in that stadium.
So, no casual or last minute attendants that night. Lol. Believe me, THAT was an adventure and a gig, that I‘ll never forget. And I‘ve seen so many...

You are just delusional. A lot of my friends were therw and the stadium was not even half full.

Why am I delusional? 27.000 people in a stadium, that holds 50.000 is only about half full, you idiot.
Only that you will say, that it was halfway full with PR and half empty with AL.

QAL playe din front of 1/4 full stadium. With Freddie they played in fron of 50.000. What does that tell you you scumbag

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

QAL playe din front of 1/4 full stadium. With Freddie they played in fron of 50.000. What does that tell you you scumbag

That you’re still an ignorant asshole. Here is a news article from that show. I know, you can read it. Apparently it were officially 25.000 fans, not 27.000 as I remember. But still about as much as Q+PR.
http://www.koeln.de/koeln/was_ist_los/konzerte/queen-und-adam-lambert-und-die-extravaganz-im-koelner-stadion_1004909.html

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

Ticket sales are irrelevant because the spirit of Queen has long gone on that stage....
Freddie gave Queen the ambience of something grand, regal and massive so it is not really worth arguing because Adam has none of those things.

To make that kind of statement you really need to have experienced what you're talking about and actually stand or sit in an arena.

The ticket sales argument goes both ways, plenty of people have used Queen's ticket sales or concert attendance numbers to illustrate their success or their position in popular musical history.

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

BJOU wrote:

To make that kind of statement you really need to have experienced what you're talking about and actually stand or sit in an arena.

The ticket sales argument goes both ways, plenty of people have used Queen's ticket sales or concert attendance numbers to illustrate their success or their position in popular musical history.

People went to Queen shows because they saw a driving musical force with new ideas and an iconic frontman not to see a sad nostalgia act,. As they label this as "Queen plus....(insert "karaoke twat") they just sell tickets because of the name. Noone would buy a single tickjet if they labelled this "May Taylor & a twat" which would be the fitting name.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Why don't you tweet Brian to ask him?

Inspired

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH I am right, Adam does not have any magical presence or charisma like Freddie had to command an audience,
it takes a very special gifted person to make a audience go wild and Freddie had that magic in bucket loads.
Adam is just your run of the mill singer who just sings tribute songs and according to all them glambert's us Queen fans have to be eternally grateful
because he is keeping Queen music alive. Believe the hype but Freddie is more than capable to keep his own legacy alive, and he does not need anyone to
rely on.

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

VH I am right, Adam does not have any magical presence or charisma like Freddie had to command an audience,
it takes a very special gifted person to make a audience go wild and Freddie had that magic in bucket loads.
Adam is just your run of the mill singer who just sings tribute songs and according to all them glambert's us Queen fans have to be eternally grateful
because he is keeping Queen music alive. Believe the hype but Freddie is more than capable to keep his own legacy alive, and he does not need anyone to
rely on.

That is subjective, he may not have charisma or presence to you but he clearly does to his fans and the Queen + audiences seem to think so as well. There isn't just one person who can command an audience or have charisma, to an extent most frontmen have that or they would never get people going to see them but they're all different. Elvis, Prince, Michael Jackson, George Michael, all had stage presence and charisma but all very different from each other and none of them similar to Freddie but their stage presence worked for their audience. Adam is far from run of the mill and obviously when he's with Bri & Roger he sings Queen music but when he does his solo shows they are mostly his own music, how is that doing tribute songs?

Inspired

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic Adam seems like he has a full time job with Queen now and his solo career is dwindling away.
Freddie is the greatest front man ever and that is official.
Elvis, Jackson, and the likes cannot match Mercury's magnificence and magic on a stage. Lambert can not be called a showman because i have never heard of such a thing for a guy like that who is singing karaoke Queen songs for a living.

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

Rockchic Adam seems like he has a full time job with Queen now and his solo career is dwindling away.
Freddie is the greatest front man ever and that is official.
Elvis, Jackson, and the likes cannot match Mercury's magnificence and magic on a stage. Lambert can not be called a showman because i have never heard of such a thing for a guy like that who is singing karaoke Queen songs for a living.

Why are you even comparing them, Adam isn't a Freddie replacement, it's not like they kicked Freddie out of the band for Adam but they want to carry on playing and audiences still want to see them and they found someone who it clearly works with. Being a showman has nothing to do with what you're singing it's about being able to connect with an audience and draw them in, put on a show and entertain, all things Adam can do no matter who's music he's singing.

As to his solo career, how many bands/solo artists wait three/four years between albums, I'll tell you, lots. He released his last album in 2015, promoted it, toured and also toured with Bri & Roger and managed to fit in judging X Factor Australia, one doesn't interfere with the other he likes to be busy so he does both. He's also interested in doing other things besides music and he's managed to be involved in lots of other things so his career away from the Queen + thing is going fine.