Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is Paul Rodgers still touring or recording new music?

I missed seeing him two summers ago when he appeared at a local outdoor venue.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you repeat yourself one more time, Icy? I am not sure I got all that!! Are we cutting and pasting at this point? Might save you A LOT of time, since you repeat yourself every post.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Is Paul Rodgers still touring or recording new music?

I missed seeing him two summers ago when he appeared at a local outdoor venue.

You missed seeing him live, but you still said he's boring/bland. Hmm.
He has recently released Free Spirit to to mark the 50th anniversary of Free. Wow, I'm going to have to check that out.
50 years, and Paul is true legendary artist, while your guy would be lucky if he lasts five more in the business without Brian and Roger touring.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Next year it will be 10 years for Adam. Longer than the 15 minutes the haters gave him.

Adam is going to be like Tony Bennett. He will still be plodding along into his 80’s long after the overnight flash in the pans are gone!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Next year it will be 10 years for Adam. Longer than the 15 minutes the haters gave him.

Adam is going to be like Tony Bennett. He will still be plodding along into his 80’s long after the overnight flash in the pans are gone!

Do you think he would have lasted ten years without Brian and Roger? I don't think so. I don't think you actually realise what Brian and Roger have done for the guy, cause I doubt he would have lasted without them, playing in the venues that he is Brian and Roger.
AL is going to be like Tony Bennett...are you sure about that? No one can tell the future. But I will say this, it's gonna be tough for AL once Q+AL ends. It's tough for him right now without a record company.
You seriously think he is going to be like Tony Bennett...there you go comparing AL to others sngers again who are like apples and oranges compared again. I can't see AL doing the genres Bennett has done...let alone how long Bennett has been doing it.

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We will never know, will we, but of course, you choose to think that he would be gone and done. I am sure you are secretly hoping he crashes and burns so you can say I told you so. You have a lot of nerve to ever say you like Adam, which you often do. I assume he would have gone to Broadway or done something musical. A voice like that is never going away. There will be lots of opportunities for him. He is singing a song in a movie and doing the voice for a character. Adam will be around a long time. I would bet on it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 02:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously icy are you really that dense? I compared Adam to Tony Bennett for longevity, not for the genres they sing!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

We will never know, will we, but of course, you choose to think that he would be gone and done. I am sure you are secretly hoping he crashes and burns so you can say I told you so. You have a lot of nerve to ever say you like Adam, which you often do. I assume he would have gone to Broadway or done something musical. A voice like that is never going away. There will be lots of opportunities for him. He is singing a song in a movie and doing the voice for a character. Adam will be around a long time. I would bet on it.

Christ, there you go twisting things again. You do that on purpose, obviously.
I've always said it will be hard for AL once touring with Brian and Roger ends. Hell, he's without a record company right now. Do I hope he crashes and burns, hell no, I've never said anything remotely like that.
Thing is, you cannot tell the future. No one can. You really shouldn't gloat or even that AL will be around for a long time, simply because anything can happen. The world suddenly lost Bowie and George Michael so suddenly in recent years after all.
You say I have nerve. You have nerve of not even liking Freddie's name being mentioned on a board that is here because of his and Queen's music. You have nerve coming here to big up AL as if he's a saviour for Brian and Roger.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Seriously icy are you really that dense? I compared Adam to Tony Bennett for longevity, not for the genres they sing!

My God. You are the dense one. AL has a decade, in huge part due to touring with Brian and Roger, Bennett has decades in the business. Your comparsion here makes no sense, come back to me in 50 years... if AL is still in the business.
Adam is going to be here plodding along in his 80s, you say as if you can tell the future. You can't tell the future. It's one thing to hope AL will still be around in his 80s, but you try to make it seem as if it's a fact he will be.

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 02:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do not even try to pretend you like anything about Adam and QAL. It is in every comment and nasty snide remark that you make. He hangs on the coattails of Brian and Roger; he doesn't write music and isn't a musician; he is a pop singer, not a rock singer; he does covers; he talks about Freddie's sexuality; he is wooden, doesn't move well on stage; his banter is cringe worthy as is Killer Queen and the bicycle and the crown; his attire isn't new and cutting edge like Freddie's, his last photo shoot was a copy cat; he over sings. and he might have worn real fur (the horrors of that!!). That is just for starters, so what is it exactly that you like, because it sure doesn't seem like anything to me. Then you are always hoping he doesn't get a chance for some publicity and wanting to know why he should be at a debut or the Kennedy Center or anything of that nature. You are so negative, it isn't even funny!! I can't stand Runner and his ilk, but in some ways, you are worse. You pretend that you like him and then everything out of out mouth is hateful.

You might ask Brian and Roger about being a savior. I believe Brian's term was a "Gift from God". He never expected to be able to play to huge crowds and enjoy touring again and now with Adam it is possible. Roger has said the same thing! You are deluded if you think any other singer could have the outcome Adam has had with Brian and Roger. There is no one with Adam's range and ability to sing the whole catalog competently and with the swagger and charisma to carry it off. And the fact that the other guys love him and love touring with him, as they all just click! Check with Brian and Roger before you call me out on bigging Adam up for being a savior ( a word I have never used).. They have said the same thing just in different words. You hate their success so much that you can't see straight, otherwise you wouldn't carry on as you do .No, I can't tell the future, but I believe the stars are aligned for Adam. You can hope it doesn't, which I am sure you do. No matter what Adam's path is, it has nothing to do with Freddie, so I don't understand why you take all of this so personally and as such an affront to Freddie. He is probably sitting up in heaven wondering what is wrong with you because I don't think Freddie was a hateful man. I bet he and Adam would have enjoyed each other immensely.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Do not even try to pretend you like anything about Adam and QAL. It is in every comment and nasty snide remark that you make. He hangs on the coattails of Brian and Roger; he doesn't write music and isn't a musician; he is a pop singer, not a rock singer; he does covers; he talks about Freddie's sexuality; he is wooden, doesn't move well on stage; his banter is cringe worthy as is Killer Queen and the bicycle and the crown; his attire isn't new and cutting edge like Freddie's, his last photo shoot was a copy cat; he over sings. and he might have worn real fur (the horrors of that!!). That is just for starters, so what is it exactly that you like, because it sure doesn't seem like anything to me. Then you are always hoping he doesn't get a chance for some publicity and wanting to know why he should be at a debut or the Kennedy Center or anything of that nature. You are so negative, it isn't even funny!! I can't stand Runner and his ilk, but in some ways, you are worse. You pretend that you like him and then everything out of out mouth is hateful.

You might ask Brian and Roger about being a savior. I believe Brian's term was a "Gift from God". He never expected to be able to play to huge crowds and enjoy touring again and now with Adam it is possible. Roger has said the same thing! You are deluded if you think any other singer could have the outcome Adam has had with Brian and Roger. There is no one with Adam's range and ability to sing the whole catalog competently and with the swagger and charisma to carry it off. And the fact that the other guys love him and love touring with him, as they all just click! Check with Brian and Roger before you call me out on bigging Adam up for being a savior ( a word I have never used).. They have said the same thing just in different words. You hate their success so much that you can't see straight, otherwise you wouldn't carry on as you do .No, I can't tell the future, but I believe the stars are aligned for Adam. You can hope it doesn't, which I am sure you do. No matter what Adam's path is, it has nothing to do with Freddie, so I don't understand why you take all of this so personally and as such an affront to Freddie. He is probably sitting up in heaven wondering what is wrong with you because I don't think Freddie was a hateful man. I bet he and Adam would have enjoyed each other immensely.

Again, you are twisting things I've not even stated.
Yes, I think he hangs on to their coattails. Is that offensive to you?
I don't think song writing is his strongest point. Is that offensive to you?
I've said nothing about if AL is a real musiain or not. Clearly you are getting me mixed up with someone else.
Actually stop right there, cause you are getting me mixed up with someone else from elsewhere. I haven't said anything in ages about AL being wooden. Go to QOL and take it up with that person over there.
I don't think it was AL's place to talk about Freddie's sexuality. Is that offensive to you.
How long has this been bubbling inside you? Rant and rage on dear. It seems you want everyone to like everything to do with AL. You can't handle the slightest criticism about the guy.
I don't hate AL. I don't even hate Q+AL. I don't think it was or is the only thing keeping Freddie's and Queen's music alive. Quite simply, the music has never died out.
So now you say Freddie would be up in heaven wondering what is wrong with me??? Please don't even try to speak for the guy, especially like this. You are losing your shit today it seems. Your buddy sweetcaroline lost her shit here yesterday saying as if I'm like Hitler and Trump, and she pretty much hates me, and you today trying to speak for Freddie and assuming how he would feel about me and AL. You both are losing your damn minds here.

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only one losing any sh..t is you and unfortunately it is constantly. As far as losing one's mind, I believe it is also you, because you truly don't see how your actions are perceived by everyone else on this board other than the totally nasty group. I have never met anyone quite as obtuse as you. Someone who says the same thing over and over and is upset about everything, even when it is has nothing to do with her beloved Freddie. You need to get a grip and learn how to play nicely with others. Somehow you missed that part of growing up. You can never answer kindly, it is always an attack, particularly on certain people. You say everyone else is ranting. I think most of it stems from you. This is how you always are since years ago when I first started reading the forums. You never change unfortunately.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amen!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 04:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

The only one losing any sh..t is you and unfortunately it is constantly. As far as losing one's mind, I believe it is also you, because you truly don't see how your actions are perceived by everyone else on this board other than the totally nasty group. I have never met anyone quite as obtuse as you. Someone who says the same thing over and over and is upset about everything, even when it is has nothing to do with her beloved Freddie. You need to get a grip and learn how to play nicely with others. Somehow you missed that part of growing up. You can never answer kindly, it is always an attack, particularly on certain people. You say everyone else is ranting. I think most of it stems from you. This is how you always are since years ago when I first started reading the forums. You never change unfortunately.

You lose when you try to turn the tables on me, when your own posts are right there.
You haven't "met" me. You hardly even know me and what you do know is mostly my views on Q+AL.
Who came here around this time a year ago wanting me banned because your friend was banned? Who has this major ax to grind about me and anyone else that you don't like? Holly is a good example of someone you have your sights lately because you don't like what Holly posts. You go for anyone who doesn't post the way you want and need.
I can answer kindly, but it depends on how I'm treated. Would you want it to be stated as if you are like Trump, Hitler and that someone pretty much hates you? I doubt it. You don't even like me saying AL rides on Brian's and Rogers coattails.
You have read my posts for 9 years as you claim, if true you had your mind obviously was made up even before interacting with me which is how you jump to your conclusions.
Once again you are losing your shit it's obvious. You will never change because you have so much bitterness built up about me, same goes for your buddy sweetcaroline.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Amen!

Of course. LMAO.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can we cut it short and day that Lameturd is a sad Karaoke parrott who would sell Burgera if there were not twi ex Legends who lost The plot?

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

All your comments above seem to be you projecting your own flaws onto someone else. Your first post on Queenzone was a demand that she be banned. How many years later and you're still saying the same crap over and over. And the same old crap about Adam Camembert too, although after claiming originally to be a Queen fan you're now more bold in saying you're only here to talk about the soft cheesy one.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because I have read her mean posts on QOL and here for years and she always vilifies people, esp Caroline, who for some reason just gets her goat. Well, too bad, Caroline is allowed to post her things her just like Icy does. At the very least Caroline is not mean like Icy and she should be allowed to post what she would like in a thread for QAL. After so many years it just rubs me the wrong way about Icy. If Caroline was banned from QOL, where they also always fight, I am sure it had to do with Icy and they both should have been banned. It was my honest assessment of the situation. I was just pointing it out since everything devolves into fights here, too. Get Icy to stop criticizing and going on her copy and paste rants where she throws the same ridiculous accusations at Caroline over and over and over and maybe we would have some peace around her. Aren't you the clever one with the cheese! Kids are funnier than that. Your behavior is really sad for an adult. Making fun of people is never cool, just shows how dumb your criticisms are.

I have always been a Queen fan since they came out in the 1970's. I have bought their albums all that time and love them. But I do not worship at the altar of Freddie. Brian was and is my favorite and Freddie as a front man was always too in my face. His style didn't appeal to me all that much and he never sounded like the recorded music. I preferred to listen to the music. To each his own!! I am entitled to my opinion. I love heavy metal, rock, so it is not the music. I have seen ACDC, Judas Priest, Sabbath, and others and Iron Maiden is right up their with Queen for me. I prefer higher voices and as I said, Freddie is really great, but not my personal fav. I would take Dickenson with his voice over Freddie any day. Every fan has a different favorite. I have seen Maiden numerous times and love them. For me it is more about the voice and I prefer who I prefer.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I recall mentioning a number 1970s Queen tracks to you and you had never heard of them. Why do you lie?

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have never had a conversation with you about any music and truthfully, having the albums that I bought in the 1970s doesn't mean that I remember individual songs. I couldn't tell you all the songs from Iron Maiden, but I recognize most of them when I hear them. I had other things in my life going on and didn't have time to remember every single song a band puts out. There is no reason for me to lie. That is another thing everyone hear throws out. If you are not an Uberfan, there are way too many to remember and I haven't memorized things that are not right up there at the top of my list like my profession, my family, etc. There are plenty of things I have forgotten at my age, but memorizing songs from albums was something I doubt I ever committed to memory at any point. It wasn't that important. I like their music, I bouight their albums and that was the end of it. I have read thousands and thousands of books in my life, but half of them I couldn't recall. Same difference!