Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Jan 19, 04:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, 20,000 is small all right! You are a disgusting piece of crap!

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know any of you, so, I can't engage in the personal, back and forth, but, I can say this....

.....The remaining Queen band members should be ashamed of themselves, putting their own selfish want of more money, over the memory of Freddie.

Trotting out Adam Lambert?! As Freddie's replacement?! No one, no matter how hard they try, is good enough to carry water for Freddie, let alone step in and play lead singer for Queen.

The only time I saw Lambert, was when he was on that singing competition show and, I thought then, he sounded like a screeching cat, in heat.... nothing has changed.

It's a slap in the face to Freddie's real fans, to put that no talent, Freddie wanna be, up there in Freddie's place and, anyone who likes what they see/hear, can't possibly be a true fan.

All AL is doing is, cashing in on Freddie's fame, just riding the wave.....HE, AL, didn't start it, FREDDIE did, Adam is just using Freddie to climb the ladder to fame and fortune...... I hope he breaks his neck.

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie, your liking for personal damage to a Human being is inhumane. Your hatred irrational, and your dislike of the band and therefore it's audience is against their collective right to enjoy performing and listening.

There is no argument, you should learn from this.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The music doesn't stop just because the composer passed on. If that were the case, there would be no Mozart, Beethoven, etc, etc, etc. How many times have songs been rerecorded by new artists? It happens all the time and that is the mark of great music, the fact that it lives on when other musicians play it and singers sing it. This is just a ridiculous argument as if Freddie were more important than any of the artists of the past. I don't think he can be placed above the great composers of the past and their works are played every day around the world and I don't remember ever reading anything like this about their music. It would be very sad to have lost this treasure trove of music because the original composer, singer, etc is no longer alive.

As far as Brian and Roger, I doubt that it has anything to do with money. They have more than enough. They play because they are musicians and that is their job and their passion. Why should they give it up? They have said when it isn't fun, they won't do it. At their age it is all about enjoyment and self satisfaction and they love touring with Adam and entertaining their fans. They actually KNEW Freddie and if they don't find it offensive, I don't know why others should. It is their band, their music and their choice as to how they will go about dealing with their music.

I would say that there are millions of fans that just don't agree with you about Adam and his voice. He is becoming a fixture and fans seem to also love him. You are in the very, very tiny minority.

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The people who go to see Queen with Adam Lambert, are going to see.... Adam Lambert, they're HIS fans, not Freddie's or, Queen's.

20,000 people? Sure, I buy that, 20,000 people who probably weren't even born until after Freddie died and, knew nothing about him, or Queen, for that matter, who just wanted to see, ' that guy who won that singing contest on TV.'

I don't begrudge any of you, your thoughts/feelings/opinions and, I would never resort to insults, like some of you.

It's my perogitive, to like, dislike anyone, singers included, as for the band? They've sullied the name, Queen, by putting that person up there, pretending to be Freddie, TRYING, to be Freddie, if not for Freddie, they would have remained 'Smile' playing in low class dives, they owe their fame and fortune to, Freddie Mercury.

As far as I'm concerned, Queen died, the day Freddie died.

Ever hear the expression, ' break a leg' no different than, ' break a neck'....I'm just wishing Adam well, in a different way.

Oh, 20,000 people.... opposed to how many Freddie brought in? We're not talking about the same game, let alone, ballpark.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I understand that you are a Queen guy and that is just fine. However, the number 20,000 is for one concert this summer (my conceert in Boston), not the sum total of all of their concerts, which would be millions. They have sung at over 80 shows and some have been huge, like the first in Kiev where there were 450.000 in the square. If you add all those up, it is in the millions. The number per concert is also going up evidenced by the larger venues in the upcoming tour. They are pretty much sold out and they have added crumby seats on the side, up in the top and even behind the stage (who would want to be there?). They actually have played for millions of fans and then add all the people who have seen them perform on TV like the New Years Eve show (2014 maybe??). It is quite a large number.

The people who see the concert are fans of both Queen and Adam and the big majority are Queen fans. You just have to look at social media to see how many people say they are huge Queen fans and never wanted to see anyone but Freddie, but they love this show after having been dragged to a show, or they were just curious. It have seen thousands and thousand of Queen fans changing their minds and writing about it on the internet. I have also spoken to many at the concerts. It is way more than you would think! Adam also has lots of fans, but I do think most are initially Queen fans. You also have to remember how many years it has taken Queen to build up a fan base and QAL is relatively new in comparison. It is, however, off to a great start with lots of new and younger fans!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

The people who go to see Queen with Adam Lambert, are going to see.... Adam Lambert, they're HIS fans, not Freddie's or, Queen's.

20,000 people? Sure, I buy that, 20,000 people who probably weren't even born until after Freddie died and, knew nothing about him, or Queen, for that matter, who just wanted to see, ' that guy who won that singing contest on TV.'

I don't begrudge any of you, your thoughts/feelings/opinions and, I would never resort to insults, like some of you.

It's my perogitive, to like, dislike anyone, singers included, as for the band? They've sullied the name, Queen, by putting that person up there, pretending to be Freddie, TRYING, to be Freddie, if not for Freddie, they would have remained 'Smile' playing in low class dives, they owe their fame and fortune to, Freddie Mercury.

As far as I'm concerned, Queen died, the day Freddie died.

Ever hear the expression, ' break a leg' no different than, ' break a neck'....I'm just wishing Adam well, in a different way.

Oh, 20,000 people.... opposed to how many Freddie brought in? We're not talking about the same game, let alone, ballpark.


Break a leg is very different than I hope he breaks his neck, nice try though.

Plenty long time Queen fans, fans who saw Freddie live as well go to their shows so no they aren't all Adam's fans and they were clearly born long before Freddie died.

Adam's fans got to see "that guy who won (sic) that singing contest on TV on his solo tours one of which was a 10 month world tour before he joined Brian & Roger.

They've played to far larger crowds than 20,000 - Rock in Rio, Isle of Wight etc - not sure what that's supposed to prove.

Adam doesn't pretend to be Freddie in the slightest, he has no interest in being anyone other than himself.

There's no way to know what would have happened to Smile had Freddie not joined them, just as there's no way to know what would have happened to Freddie if he'd stayed playing "low class dives" with the bands he played with prior to joining Brian & Roger, that can only ever be speculation.

If it's not for you fine don't go no problem, quite simple really.



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I understand that you are a Queen guy and that is just fine. However, the number 20,000 is for one concert this summer (my conceert in Boston), not the sum total of all of their concerts, which would be millions. They have sung at over 80 shows and some have been huge, like the first in Kiev where there were 450.000 in the square. If you add all those up, it is in the millions. The number per concert is also going up evidenced by the larger venues in the upcoming tour. They are pretty much sold out and they have added crumby seats on the side, up in the top and even behind the stage (who would want to be there?). They actually have played for millions of fans and then add all the people who have seen them perform on TV like the New Years Eve show (2014 maybe??). It is quite a large number.

The people who see the concert are fans of both Queen and Adam and the big majority are Queen fans. You just have to look at social media to see how many people say they are huge Queen fans and never wanted to see anyone but Freddie, but they love this show after having been dragged to a show, or they were just curious. It have seen thousands and thousand of Queen fans changing their minds and writing about it on the internet. I have also spoken to many at the concerts. It is way more than you would think! Adam also has lots of fans, but I do think most are initially Queen fans. You also have to remember how many years it has taken Queen to build up a fan base and QAL is relatively new in comparison. It is, however, off to a great start with lots of new and younger fans!


ANother moronic post of this asswhipe.
There is not a single posting fromthis loonie that does not try to downgrade Freddie to big up the Goat.
"I understand that you are a Queen guy"????ßßßß Really????? AS if there were two bands with separate catalogues that compete against each other you stupid fuckwhit.
One is the original the other is a sad parody, a cover band of Queen. So yes we are QUEEN GUYs and you are a sad waste of sperm.


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Would you quit with the names! You have some pathological problem that youconstantly m call people all sorts of nasty stuff for no good reason. Obviously your English is severely compromised if you think I am denigrating Freddie. I also wouldn't use "bigging up' as that is an Icy phrase which I have never seen anywhere else. People might look at you funny, but you probably never leave your cave, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem for you.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

The music doesn't stop just because the composer passed on. If that were the case, there would be no Mozart, Beethoven, etc, etc, etc. How many times have songs been rerecorded by new artists? It happens all the time and that is the mark of great music, the fact that it lives on when other musicians play it and singers sing it. This is just a ridiculous argument as if Freddie were more important than any of the artists of the past. I don't think he can be placed above the great composers of the past and their works are played every day around the world and I don't remember ever reading anything like this about their music. It would be very sad to have lost this treasure trove of music because the original composer, singer, etc is no longer alive.

As far as Brian and Roger, I doubt that it has anything to do with money. They have more than enough. They play because they are musicians and that is their job and their passion. Why should they give it up? They have said when it isn't fun, they won't do it. At their age it is all about enjoyment and self satisfaction and they love touring with Adam and entertaining their fans. They actually KNEW Freddie and if they don't find it offensive, I don't know why others should. It is their band, their music and their choice as to how they will go about dealing with their music.

I would say that there are millions of fans that just don't agree with you about Adam and his voice. He is becoming a fixture and fans seem to also love him. You are in the very, very tiny minority.


The next posting from this cunt trying to downgrade Freddie.How delusional can anyone get to compare a rock musician to a classical music composer whose music is a few hundred years old and surely gets "re-recorded" (as far as I am concerned there were no recording gadgets while Mozart was still alive you foolish wankhead).
Get the fuck out as I said. Queen fans hate you assprick. You're constantly insulting Freddie while you big prick Lameturd up. Get off the board you sick fuck. SC at least does not try to downplay Freddie's role in QUeen you asshole do. And you are NO QUEEN GUY (as you said in the other thread) you farthole. YOu are an utter disgrace.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Would you quit with the names! You have some pathological problem that youconstantly m call people all sorts of nasty stuff for no good reason. Obviously your English is severely compromised if you think I am denigrating Freddie. I also wouldn't use "bigging up' as that is an Icy phrase which I have never seen anywhere else. People might look at you funny, but you probably never leave your cave, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem for you.


I only call YOU names as you fucking deserve it you dickhead

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's all a matter of taste/opinion, I guess, no big deal, if you like Adam Lambert and, don't care if he's not Freddie and, never will be, go see him singing with Queen, if you prefer to remember Queen the way it was, with Freddie, stay home...... simple.

As an aside, this is a Queen forum, I don't think anyone, knows anyone, personally, so, why all the hostility and, name calling? Can't there be discussion, like normal adults?

Annonimity gives some people a feeling of power, I guess.



ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Regarding the band, Smile, and whether or not they would have made it big, without Freddie?

The answer is a resounding, NO....not to the degree in which Freddie took Queen, anyway.

Because, you see, Freddie was the key component, no Freddie, no band called, Queen.

Had Freddie not demanded a chance to play with Smile, had he not changed the name to Queen, had he not written chart topping hit songs...we wouldn't be having this conversation, because, Queen would not exist.

Freddie was the driving force behind Queen, it was he, who is responsible for their status, their fame....so, yeah, it's in bad taste, in my opinion, to put ANYONE up on stage, where Freddie used to be, in an attempt to keep the name Queen, out there, they seem a little ungrateful to the man who's genius, put them in the spotlight to begin with.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Regarding the band, Smile, and whether or not they would have made it big, without Freddie?

The answer is a resounding, NO....not to the degree in which Freddie took Queen, anyway.

Because, you see, Freddie was the key component, no Freddie, no band called, Queen.

Had Freddie not demanded a chance to play with Smile, had he not changed the name to Queen, had he not written chart topping hit songs...we wouldn't be having this conversation, because, Queen would not exist.

Freddie was the driving force behind Queen, it was he, who is responsible for their status, their fame....so, yeah, it's in bad taste, in my opinion, to put ANYONE up on stage, where Freddie used to be, in an attempt to keep the name Queen, out there, they seem a little ungrateful to the man who's genius, put them in the spotlight to begin with.


I agree the band Smile as they were probably wouldn't have made it big and there's no doubt Freddie with his larger than life stage persona and his brilliant musicianship was a huge part of their success but as a Queen fan rather than just a Freddie fan IMO you can't discount what the others all brought to the table. Queen wouldn't have their distinctive sound if not for Brian's guitar and they all contributed great songs to their catalogue and the likelihood is if they hadn't had the push and pull in the studio, arguing about various aspects of each song they wouldn't have been as great as they were, their solo efforts were never as great as their collective ones. As to the name Queen, Freddie came up with it but the band "Queen" wasn't owned by Freddie, they were four equals, even Freddie said that.

I really don't see the bad taste part, Freddie died over 27 years ago, it's not like they pushed him out of the band to replace him, why should two guys who are passionate about what they spent years creating with Freddie have to stop and not perform their music anymore due to events beyond their control? It makes no sense to me that there are hundreds of cover bands and Freddie impersonators out their playing Queen music every night but two of the founding members of the band shouldn't be playing their own music live for the fans who still love to see them.



ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My point being, it was Freddie who came up with the name Queen, in that regard, there never would have been a band called Queen, if not for him.

The remaining band members, do, in fact, owe what success they now enjoy, to Freddie.... like I've said, no Freddie Mercury, no Queen.

The other, Adam Lambert stuff, is all a matter of perspective.

Queen, isn't Queen, without Freddie, they still call themselves Queen, they still perform as Queen, but, without Freddie, they are just another rock band.

It's because of Freddie, that Brian got to showcase his guitar playing, they owe their success, entirely to that day, when a young man with an overbite, a dream and a desire to sing, wrangled a chance to play with Smile.....and, the rest, as they say, is history.

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Jan 19, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Would you quit with the names! You have some pathological problem that youconstantly m call people all sorts of nasty stuff for no good reason. Obviously your English is severely compromised if you think I am denigrating Freddie. I also wouldn't use "bigging up' as that is an Icy phrase which I have never seen anywhere else. People might look at you funny, but you probably never leave your cave, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem for you.


I only call YOU names as you fucking deserve it you dickhead


The Circle of Eidolon would suggest that you look at yourself in relation to the name calling and abuse. What you say in many ways defines who you are.

Learn from this and think hard.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 19, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger talks about next tour and huge statue of Freddie in his garden:

http://metalheadzone.com/queen-member-gives-major-update-on-possible-retirement/

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts
add to buddy list send PM

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 19, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert SUCKS!

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 19, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Would you quit with the names! You have some pathological problem that youconstantly m call people all sorts of nasty stuff for no good reason. Obviously your English is severely compromised if you think I am denigrating Freddie. I also wouldn't use "bigging up' as that is an Icy phrase which I have never seen anywhere else. People might look at you funny, but you probably never leave your cave, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem for you.


I only call YOU names as you fucking deserve it you dickhead


Since you're so quick to claim the band are wrong to tour with a different singer, and since you're so quick to sling insults try this little morsel of historical accuracy.

AC/DC . Bon Scot died in February 1980. By July of the same year, not only had they replaced him, but they had recorded and released a new album. At least Queen didn't do that, and they have shin more respect for Freddie and themselves than you show people in here.

You're an immature child, who tries to act like you are the last word in what people are allowed to think or say. The truth is your so full of shit it's pouring out of your fucking mouth and ears son.