Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Jan 19, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Would you quit with the names! You have some pathological problem that youconstantly m call people all sorts of nasty stuff for no good reason. Obviously your English is severely compromised if you think I am denigrating Freddie. I also wouldn't use "bigging up' as that is an Icy phrase which I have never seen anywhere else. People might look at you funny, but you probably never leave your cave, so I guess that wouldn't be much of a problem for you.

I only call YOU names as you fucking deserve it you dickhead

Since you're so quick to claim the band are wrong to tour with a different singer, and since you're so quick to sling insults try this little morsel of historical accuracy.

AC/DC . Bon Scot died in February 1980. By July of the same year, not only had they replaced him, but they had recorded and released a new album. At least Queen didn't do that, and they have shin more respect for Freddie and themselves than you show people in here.

You're an immature child, who tries to act like you are the last word in what people are allowed to think or say. The truth is your so full of shit it's pouring out of your fucking mouth and ears son.

Listen dickhead: Maiden and ACDC continued with their music and started a whole new era and made different stuff than with Bon Scott. Back in Black was their biggest album. What have Maylor done?? And Brian surely aint no casting asshole with no talent and doing endless Greatest Hits tours with the same set. And I never seen Brian trying to mock Bon

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am sure if Brian and Roger recorded new music with Adam the die hards would have a nervous breakdown. I am sure they would be even more unhappy than they are now. I doubt that would make QAL more credible to you. You would just have one more thing to criticize. Personally, I think they should at least record a few new songs just to see what they could come up with. I would love to hear something new from them. Maybe they haven't lost the touch. I always loved Brian's music the most of the four and I bet he and Roger could still write something new and wonderful! I hope it happens even if it is only one or two songs.

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They should Record Two Fux with the tool. A real modern day Classic. Nooone wants to new Songsby QAL as the audience is the Tasteless Greatest Hits crowd plus Lameturd grannies. This pairing is laughable enough

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1731 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

This pairing is laughable enough

The most laughable thing is how you go from thread to thread to call Adam constantly despite saying you hate the guy. Most people ignore things they hate and concentrate on what they do love. There''s plenty Queen threads on the board (the band you claim to love and who you say doesn't exist since 1991) but you choose to spend the majority of your time in the QAL part where the band no longer exists according to you!!!

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

is a QUEEN board so QAL has to vanish here. We dont have other cov band section here why QAL then???They re a bad cover act

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

is a QUEEN board so QAL has to vanish here. We dont have other cov band section here why QAL then???They re a bad cover act

Well the QAL section seems to have been here since they started touring together and will likely be here until they stop so my point again is why not concentrate on all the rest of the forum where it's exclusively Queen.

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian May, is thinking about retiring, if he does, the rest probably will, too.

If that happens, I wonder which legendary rock band Lambert will attach himself to, next.

ForFreddie

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QAL, will be in Phoenix a little later in the year, I could make the 3 hour drive to see them......but, there's a chance hell will freeze over first.

If it was Freddie, I'd go in an instant...... I wouldn't drive across the street to see Lambert.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Brian May, is thinking about retiring, if he does, the rest probably will, too.

If that happens, I wonder which legendary rock band Lambert will attach himself to, next.

Where have you heard that? If you mean that article that's been floating around neither Brian nor Roger said anything about retiring but the media used the headline as clickbait.

Adam will carry on as a solo artist with a backing band and doing other projects like he always has away from the QAL gig. He loves doing the Queen thing because it fits how he likes to perform but he was never really interested in being part of a band initially and I doubt that's changed.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I doubt you would even get tickets as everything is pretty much sold out! Thousands of people are flocking to the shows and you few people here really don't matter in the big scheme of things.
You have your old videos and vinyls and Cd's to enjoy. Everyone should be happy at the end of the day.l I just don't understand what there is to complain about. You either like it or you don't, end of story,
Last I saw was Brian plotting about what he is going to do next with Adam. People were trying to figure out what that meant, so retirement is not in the picture yet, as long as they are healthy. And when they are ready to retire, Adam will have many opportunities to keep on performing. As Brancelli said, he would be great on Broadway!! Adam is quite wealthy and can forge his own path. You people seem to be the only ones obsessing about what he does later on. Icy, it will be something wonderful, although I know from your remarks that you hope he will just fade away. Doubt that is happening. You don't have to front a rock band to be happy and make good money. Adam's fans are not worrying, co you guys can take that one of the list!

ForFreddie

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Royalty, it was an actual interview with Brian May, where he said he was kicking around the idea of retiring.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Royalty, it was an actual interview with Brian May, where he said he was kicking around the idea of retiring.

Do you have a link to it, was it recent? I must have missed that one.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

Not recent. That was some years ago. Lately he always stated, that he will play until he drops.

Roger said about it in his last interview, which was released this week:

Q“ What does Queen mean to you?

Roger Taylor: The band is now Brian May and myself, and we have become closer in a way. We realized this is our life and this is our destiny and I think we enjoy it. We have this wonderful singer, Adam Lambert, who is a joy to work with and it's a beautiful combination. He is much younger than we are but it works. He is very intelligent and has the most beautiful voice. We realize now that this is what we do and we enjoy doing it while we still can. I don’t know how much longer but right now we really enjoy playing and I look forward to our next tour, whenever it may be.“

from: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhknewsline/backstories/rogertaylor/
Brian‘s interview from this site: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhknewsline/backstories/brianmay/index.html

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

Not recent. That was some years ago. Lately he always stated, that he will play until he drops.

Roger said about it in his last interview, which was released this week:

Q“ What does Queen mean to you?

Roger Taylor: The band is now Brian May and myself, and we have become closer in a way. We realized this is our life and this is our destiny and I think we enjoy it. We have this wonderful singer, Adam Lambert, who is a joy to work with and it's a beautiful combination. He is much younger than we are but it works. He is very intelligent and has the most beautiful voice. We realize now that this is what we do and we enjoy doing it while we still can. I don’t know how much longer but right now we really enjoy playing and I look forward to our next tour, whenever it may be.“

from: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhknewsline/backstories/rogertaylor/
Brian‘s interview from this site: http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/nhknewsline/backstories/brianmay/index.html>

Thanks, yeah I saw those earlier this week but I wasn't sure if Brian had done any others. I googled but couldn't see any others. Really hope they don't retire any time soon I really want to see them again.

ForFreddie

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It must have been an old interview I saw...I hate it when news headlines pop up on my screen, I assume they're recent.

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love it when no one replies to a post that refutes what the anti-QAL faction were saying and Heavens, we certainly don't want to hear Roger praising Adam! (he must be going senile, I guess, right??). If it doesn't work for their agenda, they ignore. But they spend a whole day on a silly broken mic. However, it was big of the fellow to admit he probably wasn't right. That was nice.

ForFreddie

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some people need to learn how to be gracious winners.

I have no problem, whatsoever, admitting my mistakes, why must it be taken as a chance to say, " uh huh, just had to bad-mouth Adam," my comments were explained and, the matter was dropped, why keep beating a dead horse? Christ, just get on with your lives, don't you all have better things to do?

ForFreddie

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I admitted to jumping the gun, that what I was looking at, wasn't what I thought it was.

Some of you were understanding, while some wanted to continue arguing the matter.

Whatever....

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you think it was me criticizing you, I wasn't. I think it was great that someone said they were perhaps mistaken. I wasn't speaking negatively about you at all. Others on here just totally ignore whatever doesn't work for them. Not you!! If everyone could do that, it might be pleasant on here! I like to post but not when Runner calls me the filthy stuff that he does. That just takes the fun out of everything and why discuss, if it isn't enjoyable. I can have great discussions in IRL with others and lots of times they think differently than me, but it never becomes an argument. It is interesting to hear other opinions, but this place is tough.

ForFreddie

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese..... sorry if I came off like that, I do realize you weren't putting me down..... some people, though....

Hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, I'm a big enough person to admit it!

No worries...