Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Jan 19, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese.....I don't share your 'affection' for AL.... that's ok!

As for Queen, I was listening to them waaay back....my daughter even, was a big fan.

I listen to Queen's greatest hits, while walking on the treadmill every morning, gets the ole blood pumping.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember them from the 1970's and I have loved them ever since. I think I bought all their albums and then their CD"s, but without the internet, I didn't know as much about them as guys and as a band. Then too I was newly married and busy with work and family. People here say I am not a fan, because I don't know all the trivia surrounding them, but I have always loved their music and that is all I needed to know. I find it absolutely amazing the many styles of music they incorporated into their music. As a lover of classical music, I love strong male voices and you have to be an awesome singer to manage a Queen song for sure. I love intricate music with guitar solos and crashing cords. I am a great metal lover, so Queen ticks that wicket also. I listen to them often and although everyone laughs, I do like their Greatest Hits as there are just so many of them! Brian has always been my favorite and the songs he has written were also my favorites even though years ago I didn't know which person wrote them. Iron Maiden and Queen are my two favorites, but Queen's music speaks to me the most! I wish there was more info here instead of arguing. I am going to see them in Aug in Boston and I can hardly wait. Can't believe those two old dudes can still bring it and yet, they do, esp Brian. I have no idea how he can do what he does for over two hours every night on tour. I greatly admire them!! I know you are not an Adam fan, but I would love one song that they worked on together just to see if they still have it and I bet they do!! I wish I had a quarter of their energy!

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was the 70's for me, too. Like you, I didn't know too much about the private/trivia side of the band, all I knew was, I loved them! Roger, I think, my favorite, because I really love the sound of drums and, he knocks it outta the ballpark! ...it's forums like this, that have helped a lot, with really getting to 'know' Queen.

I remember my son, probably 12/13 years old, blasting, " Another one Bites the Dust," on his stereo, it was his favorite song...my son is 39 now...lol... I went to the theater to see BR, with my daughter in law, another huge Queen fan, it's amazing, how their music transcends generations.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 03:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just gonna say this to you For Freddie and snifflese...you both were very lucky to have been Queen fans back in the day. I'm jealous...but in a good way.

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're pretty young, huh?

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.. Oh... maybe not...your name, Iron Butterfly.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

You're pretty young, huh?

Oh I wish. xD.
I became a Queen and Freddie fan in 1992, because of Wanyes World and the Freddie Tribute.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Runner.....I stand by what I say about Lambert... always will.

The movie? About what, was I wrong, did we discuss the movie?

You Love it. I hate it??

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm just gonna say this to you For Freddie and snifflese...you both were very lucky to have been Queen fans back in the day. I'm jealous...but in a good way.

How can anyone who hates Freddie call herself a Queen fan is beyond me.
She has neither a clue about Queen nor about Maiden

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 06:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

How can anyone who hates Freddie call herself a Queen fan is beyond me.
She has neither a clue about Queen nor about Maiden

I don't think snifflese hates Freddie. I tell you what, someone else here is filled with envy regarding Freddie. And that one person isn't a fan of Freddie's or Queen's at all...it's pretty .

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There’s another example of icy’s nonsense. How can I or anyone be filled with envy toward Freddie? I love that Adam loves Freddie and wants to honor him by performing his music in an entertaining way to bring it to life for the audience. So when I say I loved Queen music in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s and regret not seeing them live back then because of MY busy life, Icy mocks me. If she is finally treating snifflese with the respect she deserves, that is great. About time.

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner you are just such a curmudgeon. Why you keep saying I hate Freddie, I will never understand. I am not sure how many times I have acknowledged that he is an icon, so charismatic on stage, legendary (first two mentioned again in the last week!!). I just think it is funny that Freddie and Adam were gay men who wore out there costumes to perform (part of the show, love it myself) and were flamboyant. One gets a total pass and the other is some nasty lady boy. I don't understand and I don't think it is fair. As far as goat boy, Freddie had a more pronounced vibrato at times. Vibrato is an important aspect of singing. See Brancell'is post from some time this week. I like to be fair and you are not at all. I can enjoy different singers singing the same song if they are both excellent singers. The stylistics are different and it sounds quite different with Freddie and Adam, but I can appreciate both of them. That should not bother you in the least.

I have been a Queen fan since the 1970's, a Maiden fan since the early 90's as my boys were huge Maiden fans. I went to any number of metal concerts with them and love, love, love metal. Both boys played in metal bands, one a bass player and one drums. My basement was always rocking with band practices so for you to say I am not a metal fan is ridiculous. I appreciate the music. It is my fav kind but I just don't know details. I won't appreciate them anymore knowing a bunch of facts. Why that is a problem for you, I don't know. If a certain band's music speaks to you and resonates with you, that is all you need to be a fan. There will never be another Freddie and his legacy and all he did was amazing. But I have always also been an Adam fan and I just also like QAL. I have room in my heart for multiple bands. It is as simple as that. I m definitely a Queen fan. They are my absolute fav band ever and Maiden runs a close second. And yes, I can appreciate and really like lots of other bands, too. DO NOT TELL ME what I am, as I am quite tired of your nonsense.

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey For Freddie! We have similar interests! I also have a son who will be 39 in February. He is the one who was the bass player and a really good singer. He was the one who played by ear and the other son, who played the drums, did the 7 years of musical training for piano, so he played by the music sheets!! He couldn't play be ear and the other one had a harder time reading sheet music. Funny how that works!!

The guitar player son went with me to both QAL concerts and was quite opposed, but he took poor old Mom. At the end of the day, he came over to the "dark" side and had to admit that the show was great and he was surprised how well Adam fit with the band. He, just like me, saw great strides between the 2014 and 2016 concerts. I am really hoping for an even better one this year. It is like anything else, normally the longer you do it, the better it becomes.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

There’s another example of icy’s nonsense. How can I or anyone be filled with envy toward Freddie? I love that Adam loves Freddie and wants to honor him by performing his music in an entertaining way to bring it to life for the audience. So when I say I loved Queen music in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s and regret not seeing them live back then because of MY busy life, Icy mocks me. If she is finally treating snifflese with the respect she deserves, that is great. About time.

You are jealous of everyone who is more popular than AL. Freddie and Queen after all this time is more popular than AL right now. And always was and always will be.
You post in the Queen section lately and you still can't bother to discuss him and or Queen. You have no thought of your own to even share about such a legendary career and such legendary music that Freddie and Queen made.
You aren't a Queen and or Freddie fan at all. That's obvious.
You love that AL loves Freddie..all the while AL is making money off Freddie's and Queen's legacy and singing their music. That's what you love most of all, you can't even say you like the music that Freddie and Queen made together.

You keep in mind your vile posts you have made to and about me for some time now, since you want to talk about respect. Respect is earned.. Yes, snifflese and I have spatted, but that's pretty much only spats. You on the other hand...your posts to me last night spoke volumes how you feel towards me. You don't deserve any of my respect at all.

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing is, SweetCaroline, Freddie's fans don't need Lambert singing those songs, to keep Freddie's memory alive, we'll always remember him....the way he was, singing his own songs....no one else, comes close to doing them justice.

Keeping Freddie's memory alive, has nothing to do with the reason Lambert is doing this, far as I'm concerned, it's about Lambert himself and, furthering his own career.

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese....my son was never very musical...I remember him liking Metallica as a teenager. I visited him last month, got in his vehicle to go somewhere and, he's got a Jimi Hendrix CD in the player.

My daughter, was the musical one, played clarinet in her highschool band and, she played keyboards, I'd hear her in her room, playing Journey songs.

I never had bands practicing in my garage but, the kid across the street, did, he played drums and sang lead, there were 2-3 other guys involved also, I don't think they ever went any farther than just being a garage band.

I would have loved to play drums, they've always been my favorite sound in rock bands, my grandson....good gosh, how old AM I?......plays drums, he's quite good, he was in his highschool's marching band....plus he had a set in his room...one of the guys he took lessons from, once played with Grand Funk.... briefly, I'm told, but, hey.....

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

The thing is, SweetCaroline, Freddie's fans don't need Lambert singing those songs, to keep Freddie's memory alive, we'll always remember him....the way he was, singing his own songs....no one else, comes close to doing them justice.

Keeping Freddie's memory alive, has nothing to do with the reason Lambert is doing this, far as I'm concerned, it's about Lambert himself and, furthering his own career.

I actually don’t agree with that. At least not completely. It might look like that to fans, who’ve never seen a complete show (online or live).

When you’re there, you will see pretty soon, that these concerts celebrate Queen. That‘s what I meant, when I said a few days ago, that Lambert is a good man. He gives a speech, in which he honors Freddie especially and I have to admit, puts himself down. He gives Brian and Roger every room and credit a frontman can.
That’s what I like about him: He’s humble, but at the same time a showman. A rare combination and I have to say absolutely fitting for that collaboration.

I never get the impression, that the show is about Lambert. That’s what us old fans like about that it.
And Mr. Lambert himself? He sure gets recognition from it. But that’s very much earned. It’s a tough job -probably the toughest that there is in the music business.

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with that completely, Sea Lion. I have never gotten the impression that Adam is a boaster or tries to make himself out to be something that he is not. That is why I disagree with Icy sometimes, esp about the cameo after the awards. I am sure that was the management doing that. Adam doesn't ever call himself Queen's frontman or say they should record music together or anything of that nature. He still calls himself a guest. Having followed him for 10 years he comes across as a balanced, nice human being. I have never seen anyone who has worked with him or met him say that he is anything but. In fact they will post how, I guess unexpectedly, nice he was. He still has the same friends he has had since high school and his relationship with his family is so warm. That tells me a lot about him as a human being. I think he thanks his lucky stars that he has such a wonderful gig and appreciates Brian and Roger and for the opportunity.He often mentions how different his life would have been had he not auditioned with Bohemian Rhapsody. You can dislike his voice and how he uses it, but I don't think it is fair to say nasty things about him as a person.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! Iron Butterfly is right about you! You've already wished Adam a happy birthday, now, you've done it again.....why?

Don't answer that... rhetorical question.