Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

The thing is, SweetCaroline, Freddie's fans don't need Lambert singing those songs, to keep Freddie's memory alive, we'll always remember him....the way he was, singing his own songs....no one else, comes close to doing them justice.

Keeping Freddie's memory alive, has nothing to do with the reason Lambert is doing this, far as I'm concerned, it's about Lambert himself and, furthering his own career.

I actually don’t agree with that. At least not completely. It might look like that to fans, who’ve never seen a complete show (online or live).

When you’re there, you will see pretty soon, that these concerts celebrate Queen. That‘s what I meant, when I said a few days ago, that Lambert is a good man. He gives a speech, in which he honors Freddie especially and I have to admit, puts himself down. He gives Brian and Roger every room and credit a frontman can.
That’s what I like about him: He’s humble, but at the same time a showman. A rare combination and I have to say absolutely fitting for that collaboration.

I never get the impression, that the show is about Lambert. That’s what us old fans like about that it.
And Mr. Lambert himself? He sure gets recognition from it. But that’s very much earned. It’s a tough job -probably the toughest that there is in the music business.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with that completely, Sea Lion. I have never gotten the impression that Adam is a boaster or tries to make himself out to be something that he is not. That is why I disagree with Icy sometimes, esp about the cameo after the awards. I am sure that was the management doing that. Adam doesn't ever call himself Queen's frontman or say they should record music together or anything of that nature. He still calls himself a guest. Having followed him for 10 years he comes across as a balanced, nice human being. I have never seen anyone who has worked with him or met him say that he is anything but. In fact they will post how, I guess unexpectedly, nice he was. He still has the same friends he has had since high school and his relationship with his family is so warm. That tells me a lot about him as a human being. I think he thanks his lucky stars that he has such a wonderful gig and appreciates Brian and Roger and for the opportunity.He often mentions how different his life would have been had he not auditioned with Bohemian Rhapsody. You can dislike his voice and how he uses it, but I don't think it is fair to say nasty things about him as a person.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! Iron Butterfly is right about you! You've already wished Adam a happy birthday, now, you've done it again.....why?

Don't answer that... rhetorical question.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion/snifflese...even though AL can and has put his foot in it at times, I do think he's a good man.
For example, the biopic. I wish he had nothing to do with with any of that. And yes, it did come across as tacky that IMO he promoted himself as having the cameo in it after it won the two Golden Globes. That's just me and my own POV, and of course I may be the only one who thinks that way. The biopic didn't and doesn't need him to promote it, it's already making history. It's already the biggest thing for Queen since MIH.
Now, I don't know if was AL's or his teams idea for him to post about his cameo when it was posted. And again, I do think AL is a good man... who can put his foot in it at times. Something we all do.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

OMG! Iron Butterfly is right about you! You've already wished Adam a happy birthday, now, you've done it again.....why?

Don't answer that... rhetorical question.

There is likely more of that came from too, I bet.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

The thing is, SweetCaroline, Freddie's fans don't need Lambert singing those songs, to keep Freddie's memory alive, we'll always remember him....the way he was, singing his own songs....no one else, comes close to doing them justice.

Keeping Freddie's memory alive, has nothing to do with the reason Lambert is doing this, far as I'm concerned, it's about Lambert himself and, furthering his own career.

I do agree Freddie's fans do not need AL to sing those songs. Not as if Freddie's or Queen's music hasn't been selling, being played, has music and DVD releases since Freddie passed away.
I'm going to say this. AL needs Brian, Roger and the Queen legacy more than Brian, Roger, and the Queen legacy needs AL.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie: She stepped on it. That’s why I posted it again. She just did it again because it appears to be her cockeyed mission in life. Try to keep up—she’s pretty quick. Never misses an opportunity to diss me and to diss Adam!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

ForFreddie: She stepped on it. That’s why I posted it again. She just did it again because it appears to be her cockeyed mission in life. Try to keep up—she’s pretty quick. Never misses an opportunity to diss me and to diss Adam!

I stepped on what?
You posted it again because?
There is never any need of you to post the same thing twice. It's ALs birthday, once should be enough to state it. What do you want the Queen fans to do on his birthday...
Happy birthday AL! Hope he has a good one!
Better now?

@ForFreddie...This is how she starts little digs here and there about others keeping up, and her woe is me. I'm not sure if you read what she had to say to me last night, but I hope she never fully turns on you the way she has with me. Since you are a Freddie fan, and you aren't shy in your views about AL, you might face her wrath. But I hope you never do.

ForFreddie

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since I don't have a horse in this race, I did some looking around, myself, it's not too smart to take one person's word for anything, which I admit, I was doing so, I've actually been reading up on Adam Lambert.

Ok, he is a nice guy, a good guy, doesn't forget where he came from, loyal to his friends.

I actually might like him, should I ever meet him.

That being said, I still can't watch him on stage with Queen ... except for the clips I did watch.... there's something about that, that doesn't sit right with me, as ridiculous as some might find that.

It was always Queen, with Freddie Mercury, every song I listened to, every time I was in the car, rocking out, getting odd looks from fellow motorists.... I can't accept anything else.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Since I don't have a horse in this race, I did some looking around, myself, it's not too smart to take one person's word for anything, which I admit, I was doing so, I've actually been reading up on Adam Lambert.

Ok, he is a nice guy, a good guy, doesn't forget where he came from, loyal to his friends.

I actually might like him, should I ever meet him.

That being said, I still can't watch him on stage with Queen ... except for the clips I did watch.... there's something about that, that doesn't sit right with me, as ridiculous as some might find that.

It was always Queen, with Freddie Mercury, every song I listened to, every time I was in the car, rocking out, getting odd looks from fellow motorists.... I can't accept anything else.

I understand where you are coming from. Even though I became a Freddie/Queen fan, to me Queen was and will always be Freddie, John, Brian and Roger. it took me ages to get used to Paul Rodgers singing Queen songs. And it still gives me a jolt at times to hear AL sing Queen songs, for many reasons.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

he is an ass no nice guy. Arrogant fake twat with a powerless gal's voice and a ladyboy on drugs look

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 22:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We only see, what we want to see...

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 29 Jan 19, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where's Circle of Eidolon when you need him!!!

ForFreddie

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course, I don't know Adam personally, just going by the things out there, written about him. Yes, I know people can and, do lie.

I really wish he'd stop touring with the remaining members of Queen, though....that will never be ok with me.

Those old Queen dudes, should just retire.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Of course, I don't know Adam personally, just going by the things out there, written about him. Yes, I know people can and, do lie.

I really wish he'd stop touring with the remaining members of Queen, though....that will never be ok with me.

I can understand some fans not being able to accept another singer or want to see them without Freddie but I never get why anyone would think they should retire. Any musician will tell you it's not a job it's a passion and it's addictive especially the adrenaline rush from being on stage so for most of them it's not a choice but a need and nothing to do with money etc. They were relatively young when Freddie died so through no fault of anyone's they suddenly found themselves with their career as it was cut short. It took a long while before they toured again and it's really obvious they are loving being out there again so even if I wasn't personally interested in the collaboration I'd still be happy for them - just my take on it.

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

he is an ass no nice guy. Arrogant fake twat with a powerless gal's voice and a ladyboy on drugs look

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The circle of Eidolon has read and understands that the poster has no knowledge of the subjects of which he writes.

He has learned nothing but taught us all that he is at best a shallow vessel.

runner_70 you have cast yourself adrift in a deep stormy ocean of hate with no compass, no chart and no knowledge of where you are.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken but fears that you will be incapable of understand what we have said.

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

I can understand some fans not being able to accept another singer or want to see them without Freddie but I never get why anyone would think they should retire. Any musician will tell you it's not a job it's a passion and it's addictive especially the adrenaline rush from being on stage so for most of them it's not a choice but a need and nothing to do with money etc. They were relatively young when Freddie died so through no fault of anyone's they suddenly found themselves with their career as it was cut short. It took a long while before they toured again and it's really obvious they are loving being out there again so even if I wasn't personally interested in the collaboration I'd still be happy for them - just my take on it.

The Circle of Eidolon believes this post explains where Queen are and shows an understanding of how artists in their position feel and are driven to continue in someway.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://soundbath.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/adam-lambert-sings-nessun-dorma/#comment-65628

This is for Brancelli and Rockchic - this author is a singer and music teacher and has written a lot of very interesting articles about Adam's voice. I am fascinated about singer's voices (not just Adam!), so I always read them. She talks about the manner in which he sings Nessen Dorma and how different it was to her ears. She brings up the weakness in the 2nd phrase (line) due to his lower register. It is actually in the comment area and is in answer to a question. (you mentioned that Brancelli) I thought her remarks about commercial opera singing was really interesting. You might enjoy this as she knows his voice well and is quite an expert hersel on the voice.