Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Freddie never had rhe " look I am the gayest guy in town" attitude. He wasa musician. Lamebert is a karaoke twat

In the 80's he dropped the more camp look but back in the 70's Freddie had his share of gay looking clothes and mannerisms, need I remind you of the red sequinned playsuit he wore in Tokyo, not to mention all the leotards etc.

Still no denying that he was a musician and Lamebird is a tool trying to shove his gayness into everyones throat. One of the many things that are annoying about this wanker

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1731 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

On stage you hardly see Neil as he is standing in the shadwos. So how you know? Anyone with sense hates tools like Lamebird. But a good paycheque changes mids sometimes

There's plenty of vids showing Adam being silly with Neil on stage and there's parts where Adam's doing or saying things and Neil is laughing. They all have great chemistry together and despite your opinion Adam is extremely likeable so there's no reason Neil would hate him.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

SpaceGrey wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Anton3283 wrote:

He is a gay here is answer

Why would him being gay make them more successful?

Because Freddie was gay and in Queen will be only gay singers because

Not really seeing why the singer would need to be gay but the fact Adam is camp, flamboyant and theatrical may make people think he's closer in persona to Freddie than Paul was.

PR and AL made their marks in Q+ in different ways.
I like how Q+PR was more rock. Straight up classic rock concerts.
Q+AL is more theatrical. I can't see PR crawling around the floor, wearing a coronet for example.
Both have their pros and cons.
At the end of the day, I prefer Q+PR.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I can’t find a link for it but I was just playing a video in a tweet showing a TV station interview with Neil Fairclough, bass player for QAL. He was describing how Adam works in rehearsals while learning something new, maybe holding back 50%. And how then he gives 100% in every performance and how their jaws drop open in awe with what he does on that stage! Final word from Neil: “he’s a good lad!”

Big up AL alert!!! Not a day goes by.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@NoaDomenech We always lsiten to Brian and Roger praising Adam but here's Neil talking about him #neilfairclough #qal #queen #adamlambert #queenberts #glamberts”

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Q+AL is more theatrical. I can't see PR crawling around the floor, wearing a coronet for example.

I agree they're very different, I like Paul with Free and Bad Company, I don't listen to loads of their stuff but I like some and his voice suits that style of music I just wasn't keen on it for a lot of the Queen stuff.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I agree they're very different, I like Paul with Free and Bad Company, I don't listen to loads of their stuff but I like some and his voice suits that style of music I just wasn't keen on it for a lot of the Queen stuff.

Can you change your name to "westend Lamberace chick" then as every ROCK fan prefers PR. Lamebird is a dance parrott pretending to be a Rocker and coming across as an absolutely manufactured unbelievable twat

Iron Butterfly

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I hear you. It took me a while to get used to hearing and watching him sing Queen songs.
At the end of the day, I'm glad Q+PR happened. I'm just sorry it ended the way it did.

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 142 posts

rockchic65 wrote:

SpaceGrey wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Anton3283 wrote:

He is a gay here is answer

Why would him being gay make them more successful?

Because Freddie was gay and in Queen will be only gay singers because

Not really seeing why the singer would need to be gay but the fact Adam is camp, flamboyant and theatrical may make people think he's closer in persona to Freddie than Paul was.

Where do you see theatricality in what they do with Lambert? Theatricality ended when Freddie died. Now this is only posturing.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Big up AL alert .....”

And not a day goes by that nasty icy doesn’t love to tear him down!

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“Big up AL alert .....”

And not a day goes by that nasty icy doesn’t love to tear him down!

He deserves everything. Annoying twat destroying legendary songs. What do you expect ???

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:

Where do you see theatricality in what they do with Lambert? Theatricality ended when Freddie died. Now this is only posturing.

That might be your opinion, I see them differently.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Can you change your name to "westend Lamberace chick" then as every ROCK fan prefers PR. Lamebird is a dance parrott pretending to be a Rocker and coming across as an absolutely manufactured unbelievable twat

Not every rock fan, like I've previously said you have a very biased opinion and live in a bubble where you don't see the reality.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I hear you. It took me a while to get used to hearing and watching him sing Queen songs.
At the end of the day, I'm glad Q+PR happened. I'm just sorry it ended the way it did.

It was a believable cooperation of three legends. Not every song worked but it was believable. QAL is just laughable and totally manufactured. Seeing desperate ex legends way past their prime teaming up with manufactured TV Casting muppets is just sad and desperate.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Not every rock fan, like I've previously said you have a very biased opinion and live in a bubble where you don't see the reality.

The reality is that Lamberace is an annoying twat and no musician. Live with it. Just becuase you have a crush on him does not change this

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't really know what happened at the end, Brian & Roger just always say it was great but it came to a natural conclusion but I suspect there was more to it although I doubt we'll ever get the true story.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

SpaceGrey wrote:

That might be your opinion, I see them differently.

Take off your Lamberace glasses. QAL is utterly ridiculous. Almost a (bad) parody of Queen with a goat on vocals

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't really know what happened at the end, Brian & Roger just always say it was great but it came to a natural conclusion but I suspect there was more to it although I doubt we'll ever get the true story.

Cosmos Rocks flopped. It was not a bad record but not Queen. Thats why they went down the nostalgia route and wont record with Lamberace (thank God!)

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

The reality is that Lamberace is an annoying twat and no musician. Live with it. Just becuase you have a crush on him does not change this

Nope nothing to do with it, I don't have a crush on him and like I've said before there's plenty "rockers" go to these shows and love what they do.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't know either, but something must have happened because it seemed to end pretty quick. I was expecting another tour to happen.