Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Why not? I didn't think anyone else might be interested. That would be great. See what you think. I learned some new things and it was one of the more interesting articles I have read about his voice. It is a good read!

Thanks. I will post my thoughts when I can. Things are a bit rough tonight, so maybe tomorrow I will post my thoughts.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 02:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, it is, Caroline! Thanks! I cut and pasted the one that I was reading and have no clue why it doesn't work, but yours sure does. I enjoyed that article a lot. I never thought about whether or not opera has become less popular in the last so many years. I guess it makes a lot of sense given the type of music most people seem to enjoy. It is very different from years ago.That was an interesting take on the future of opera.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

https://soundbath.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/adam-lambert-sings-nessun-dorma/#comment-65628

This is for Brancelli and Rockchic - this author is a singer and music teacher and has written a lot of very interesting articles about Adam's voice. I am fascinated about singer's voices (not just Adam!), so I always read them. She talks about the manner in which he sings Nessen Dorma and how different it was to her ears. She brings up the weakness in the 2nd phrase (line) due to his lower register. It is actually in the comment area and is in answer to a question. (you mentioned that Brancelli) I thought her remarks about commercial opera singing was really interesting. You might enjoy this as she knows his voice well and is quite an expert hersel on the voice.

Thank you, snifflese. I, too, am fascinated by singers voices. Yes, that was a very good analysis. I like how she explains the differences, i.e. belting the higher notes.

I think she is a bit too optimistic to think opera might transform into a more commercial trend like how Adam sang it. If that happened, I believe people would tend to say that it wasn't actually opera. However, I do enjoy how Adam sings this. To me, it was a gentler version, while still very skillful. This "commercial opera" -- not pop or rock -- is where he can truly showcase his voice. The best example of course is "Come to Me, Bend to Me" (classical, but not opera), as I know you have heard.

Again, thank you for the informative link, as I do enjoy reading a thoughtful vocal analysis.

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 05:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I apologize in advance for posting this, as I know it's been posted before, but this is an excellent example of Adam's control over his voice. No crazy high notes either, so perhaps maybe Icy may even enjoy it. It is the aforementioned "Come to Me, Bend to Me" from Brigadoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYyqzUr6jU

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Since I don't have a horse in this race, I did some looking around, myself, it's not too smart to take one person's word for anything, which I admit, I was doing so, I've actually been reading up on Adam Lambert.

Ok, he is a nice guy, a good guy, doesn't forget where he came from, loyal to his friends.

I actually might like him, should I ever meet him.

That being said, I still can't watch him on stage with Queen ... except for the clips I did watch.... there's something about that, that doesn't sit right with me, as ridiculous as some might find that.

It was always Queen, with Freddie Mercury, every song I listened to, every time I was in the car, rocking out, getting odd looks from fellow motorists.... I can't accept anything else.

A perfectly reasonable and respectable response.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam’s “Come To Me, Bend To Me” is a favorite from when I first discovered him. I also loved “Is Anybody Listening” so much I bought the whole Ten Commandments DVD with him as Joshua and Val Kilmer as Moses.

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with you Brancelli. CTMBTM is one of the most beautiful songs Adam has sung. I could never understand why someone who can sing like that would want to do EDM!! It is such a waste, like a Ferrari wanting to be a Ford, why? That is the thing that has frustrated me about Adam since the beginning. In that song he has such a beautifully pure tone and his breath control is amazing. I have hope that he might one day sing something like that again. Perhaps on Broadway? I know many folks pooh pooh Broadway singers, but they have to have remarkably good voices and very durable voices, way better vocally than the average pop star. I would love to hear him in Phantom, something with a slightly operatic flair. I always enjoyed him singing Seven Seas of Rhye with Queen, as that song has the same operatic flair. Since some of Queen's music is like that, I really enjoy Adam singing Queen much more than his own music! Bad fan, I know!!!

The opera remarks were interesting. I don't know how watered down opera would fare, but things always change and when something is no longer popular, it is changed. Hopefully, that will never happen, but nowadays, you never know. Here is hoping to Adam doing more "commercial" opera or simply something like CTMBTM or even songs like Believe. I would be happy with any of the above and Queen's music, of course!!

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 14:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get it, FF! When you really like a certain thing, that is what you like and nothing else quite measures up to it. Nothing wrong with that and I certainly understand. Some singers ring your bell and speak to you and others don't. For me Adam speaks to me. I get chills or goosebumps sometimes when I listen and so the music speaks to me! Every once in a while I hear someone on the TV and the same thing happens, so for me, the music is resonating with me and that is the beauty of music. You can't help what you like.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, that article you posted mentions how singers like Adam have a need to open up and sing out to the full extent of their ability. I think that is exactly what Queen music enables Adam to do. It is so powerful that the vocalist can let loose and not hold back. That’s what I enjoy about him at the live shows more than listening to a recording of his solo music.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

I apologize in advance for posting this, as I know it's been posted before, but this is an excellent example of Adam's control over his voice. No crazy high notes either, so perhaps maybe Icy may even enjoy it. It is the aforementioned "Come to Me, Bend to Me" from Brigadoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYyqzUr6jU>

He is neither a ferrari nor a ford but a powerless twat with a girls voice lacking power and depth

SweetCaroline

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner, give us the link to your website as a professional vocal coach so we can see how you stack up next to the others who have been giving us their excellent analyses of Adam and his amazing God given vocal instrument.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Double post

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

https://soundbath.wordpress.com/2019/01/29/adam-lambert-sings-nessun-dorma/#comment-65628

This is for Brancelli and Rockchic - this author is a singer and music teacher and has written a lot of very interesting articles about Adam's voice. I am fascinated about singer's voices (not just Adam!), so I always read them. She talks about the manner in which he sings Nessen Dorma and how different it was to her ears. She brings up the weakness in the 2nd phrase (line) due to his lower register. It is actually in the comment area and is in answer to a question. (you mentioned that Brancelli) I thought her remarks about commercial opera singing was really interesting. You might enjoy this as she knows his voice well and is quite an expert hersel on the voice.

Cheers for the link snifflease, I've read quite a few of Angelina's articles before and it's interesting to hear her take on Adam's voice.

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

He is neither a ferrari nor a ford but a powerless twat with a girls voice lacking power and depth

I'm sure you're very familiar with the concepts of powerless and lacking in depth since you are the very epitome of them.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My son says Adam is a Lamborghini !!!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

My son says Adam is a Lamborghini !!!

Is he in the same mental state as you?

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 30 Jan 19, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

I'm sure you're very familiar with the concepts of powerless and lacking in depth since you are the very epitome of them.

The Circle of Eidolon has read and applauds your accurate description, and humour.

We however fear that your post will be lost on the subject as we feel sure it will fly high over his head out of reach of his limited ability to comprehend anything subjective.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@The Circle of Eidolon

Why do you think runner 70 is "powerless".

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

@The Circle of Eidolon

Why do you think runner 70 is "powerless".

Powerless because despite his insults no one has run away

Despite his condemnation of those who do not agree with him, they have stood fast

As often as he puts down the musicians in the band they continue to play, and play what they wish to play.

Audience's buy tickets, he's attempts on here and elsewhere to belittle them has obviously failed, as has he.

He is powerless in all that he posts, his thoughts are as deep as coffee spilled in saucer, and if he wasn't as foolishly offensive as he appears to be, most of what he says is laughable

These are the answers to your question

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYyqzUr6jU>

Oh, ok.

Thanks.