Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“@NoaDomenech We always lsiten to Brian and Roger praising Adam but here's Neil talking about him #neilfairclough #qal #queen #adamlambert #queenberts #glamberts”

Another copy and paste tweet!!!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I don't know either, but something must have happened because it seemed to end pretty quick. I was expecting another tour to happen.

I heard a rumor they had Jeff Scott Soto on standby during their last tour but no idea if it's true or not. Would suggest things had got strained if it is true.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“Big up AL alert .....”

And not a day goes by that nasty icy doesn’t love to tear him down!

When have I tore him down recently? Are you trying to protect the guy you think is a second son for you? Granny Glambert to AL's rescue!!! Or so you think the guy needs rescuing from opinions.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still waiting to hear which QAL shows the trolls in this forum have been to.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SpaceGrey wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

SpaceGrey wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Anton3283 wrote:

He is a gay here is answer

Why would him being gay make them more successful?

Because Freddie was gay and in Queen will be only gay singers because

Not really seeing why the singer would need to be gay but the fact Adam is camp, flamboyant and theatrical may make people think he's closer in persona to Freddie than Paul was.

Where do you see theatricality in what they do with Lambert? Theatricality ended when Freddie died. Now this is only posturing.

Here's how I see it. There are different ways of being theatrical. Freddie was original in my books, AL comes across as a cheap copy of itat times.
Q+PR didn't have to rely on gimmicks. Q+AL seems to rely on it Killier Queen, the bike, coronet etc.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Still waiting to hear which QAL shows the trolls in this forum have been to.

Why don't you try to bribe others here like you did with me with tickets? You bribed tickets because you were tired of my views never having seen it live...and I'm sure there would have been countless strings attached to it, namely if I would have posted glowing things about Q+AL, and especially AL.You didn't do it from the goodness of your heart, an olive branch, it was hardly geunie, nothing like that it was because you were 'tired' of my views. You would have expected me to gush over everything and change my views if I saw it live. It was a bribe, and I knew that as soon as you posted it on QOL. I am glad I turned your bribe down for many reasons, and I wouldn't trust you with my personal information anyways.
You are always going on about 'trolls' and who doesn't go to shows for you as usual. Before every tour, like clockwork.
Funny how you rant about the artists you have never seen live, isn't it?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She promised you tickets if you rave about the annoying tool???

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Royalty: 1310 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

SpaceGrey wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Anton3283 wrote:

He is a gay here is answer

Why would him being gay make them more successful?

Because Freddie was gay and in Queen will be only gay singers because

Not really seeing why the singer would need to be gay but the fact Adam is camp, flamboyant and theatrical may make people think he's closer in persona to Freddie than Paul was.

—————

Well most singers that are way camp , flamboyant and theatrical happen to be gay. For certain it’s more accepted to be What you are. Look at all these gender movements nowadays. It’s Just the way it is and it seems to work with Queen to deliver the songs to an audience with Adam.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

She was tired of me never having seen the show in person, so basically that's the reason she wanted me to take her up on her 'offer' rather bribe. I'm sure if I took her up on it, she would have wanted me to have loved every little thing about it.
Here is what she posted in the screen grab...and I can assure you there would have been countless strings attached if I went.
She wants and needs glowing stuff to be said, posted and especially for AL. Clear to anyone who has read her posts on QOL and QZ.
I don't like to be beholden to anyone, especially when the meaning behind it wasn't genuine.

Attachment: 2018121245340830.png 155 KB
This has been downloaded 6 time(s).

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

Well most singers that are way camp , flamboyant and theatrical happen to be gay. For certain it’s more accepted to be What you are. Look at all these gender movements nowadays. It’s Just the way it is and it seems to work with Queen to deliver the songs to an audience with Adam.

I agree it works, they're having great success and most people seem to love the theatrical way they do the show.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

She was tired of me never having seen the show in person, so basically that's the reason she wanted me to take her up on her 'offer' rather bribe. I'm sure if I took her up on it, she would have wanted me to have loved every little thing about it.
Here is what she posted in the screen grab...and I can assure you there would have been countless strings attached if I went.
She wants and needs glowing stuff to be said, posted and especially for AL. Clear to anyone who has read her posts on QOL and QZ.
I don't like to be beholden to anyone, especially when the meaning behind it wasn't genuine.

Seems she made a (lame) joke but I would not rule out because of her mental state that she really meant it

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see I wrote that on my deceased husband’s birthday so I was being particularly generous that day. But that would have been a grave mistake because I really know nothing about you and it is best to keep it that way.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Seems she made a (lame) joke but I would niot rule aout because of her mental state that she really meant it

I've known for years how she feels about me. So, she wasn't genuine in her "offer" at all.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I see I wrote that on my deceased husband’s birthday so I was being particularly generous that day. But that would have been a grave mistake because I really know nothing about you and it is best to keep it that way.

Wanna pay me for raving about AL? 1 Million plus extras and I am in. Until then I only say what I feel about this lame cabaret tranny

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

How were you being generous when you specifically said you were "tired" of me never having seen the show. You mentioned nothing about it being your late husband's birthday over there.
You're right though. You know next to nothing about me, but still you manage call me an asshole like you did just yesterday, compare me to Trump,..very odd how your mind works.
Here me out for a second. I'm not sure if you already have tickets for the upcoming tour. If you, or if you will, I genuinely hope you enjoy it.
People who don't go to Q+AL aren't trolls, haters, negative, whatever you can think of to throw around.

SpaceGrey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

phew

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People who avoid QAL have eyes ears and taste

Dim user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 226 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul Rodgers was very limited for Queen catalog, the set list for queen songs was not justice but for Rodgers catalog Brian and Roger were perfect. Bad company and Feel like Makin love were great,. Paul could never dream such great renditions. Overall a boring compo, while with Adam the show is by far better. I think Queen lost momentum in 2005 - 2008, there was a big buzz around them during 2002-2004. Moreover the anthologies were postponed for 2009 during that period of time. It was in Queen news in 2006

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9413 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because Adam is a better fit for Queen and Rodgers clearly wasn't.

We love you Mandy!
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4685 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

I'd agree pretty much with all of that. I also think the fact they had to mix quite a bit of Paul's music in the shows since there were various Queen songs his voice either wouldn't suit or he didn't have the range for probably made it too different from a Queen show for some unless they happened to be a Free/Bad Company fan as well. He has a great voice but it's more bluesy rock.

Paul originally wanted to do full shows with only Queen music in it. It was Brian and Roger's idea to include some of his.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."