Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

....then there are those who are real queen fans and hate this cabaret act. The better option than seeing those two clowns embarrassing themselves

Your opinion doesn’t matter. Sorry.

In the whole scheme, there are very few people, who feel like you. I know „real“ Queen fans. I live with two, I met others, I talked for hours to them. And you know what: All these Queen fans are very different in their views. But none was as thickheaded and ignorant as you. You are a Queen fan, who acts like a toddler, who doesn’t get enough attention, while he’s throwing a tantrum. So he cries louder and louder on every thread.
Thankfully most Queen fans are sensible music enthusiasts.

I actually feel pity for you. A grown up man feels the need to post all that negativity, often insulting, post after post on this thread (and others). You must be obsessed with your view of the topic and that so many fans simply don‘t share it. You will never be able to turn back the clock.

You should be old enough to understand and accept, that other people have different opinions. I‘m happy about QAL. And nothing you post here will change that. I will from now on go back to ignore your comments. Good night. And sorry , that I‘m happy! :D

Ken8 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm old enough to have seen the original Queen live a couple of times and before I go on I want to make one thing perfectly clear, Paul Rodgers is a rock legend. However, having said that, Adam Lambert is a much better fit. Rodgers was not the best fit for the band and a lot of his vocals had to be tuned down and the album they put out was a disaster. Lambert's voice and personality suits Queen much better

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why Brian and Roger really want to carry on touring,it can't possibly be for the money they are both absolutely minted.i went to see Queen with AL at Birmingham ,the arena is a pig to get to in the middle of Birmingham.I was embarrsed by what I saw,quite frankly it was awfull.I bought Queen 1 when I was 10 years old and fell in love with the band.I went with a friend who thought it was great ,it made things worse.Brian and Roger have made a real balls up of things since the passing of Freddie.The reason QPR folded was tension between Paul and Brian.

labijou user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 1 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably because of AL's on-stage personality which has more energetic-queer vibe compares to PR's, it suites Queen's songs more

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

I don't know why Brian and Roger really want to carry on touring,it can't possibly be for the money they are both absolutely minted.i went to see Queen with AL at Birmingham ,the arena is a pig to get to in the middle of Birmingham.I was embarrsed by what I saw,quite frankly it was awfull.I bought Queen 1 when I was 10 years old and fell in love with the band.I went with a friend who thought it was great ,it made things worse.Brian and Roger have made a real balls up of things since the passing of Freddie.The reason QPR folded was tension between Paul and Brian.

You're right they don't need the money but they love playing live and are having fun and the majority of the audience are as well. Sorry it wasn't for you but lots are loving it and it's bringing new fans so I'd hardly call it a balls up.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

I'm sure they love to tour. I don't doubt that for a second.
Now, why the tour with AL, for years some people have labelled AL as the next Mercury, Bowie etc. I remember reading such things even on AL's Idol days. I didn't think of AL as that back then, nor do I think it now, just for the record.
AL had a following from Idol, which the show was a pretty big deal in the States for at least a few years.
I think AL was more easily moldable than someone like PR who was been in the music business for years.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think how long you have been in business or how old you are necessarily means you are more moldable. Adam is pretty stubborn from all I have read and some of his gaffes have come from the fact that he doesn't allow people to dictate to him It might have been better in hindsight had he listened, but that is water under the bridge. He has walked away from record labels because he was not going to do what they wanted. He also wasn't a kid when he started touringwith Queen in 2014. He was already 32 and been in the music business in many different ways since he was 18. I think he is a person who know what he wants, doesn't compromise, but is pleasant and easy to get along with, although you would think it wasn't true, since he has his own opinions. But apparently he disagrees in a cordial way and doesn't burn any bridges.

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 21:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I don't think how long you have been in business or how old you are necessarily means you are more moldable. Adam is pretty stubborn from all I have read and some of his gaffes have come from the fact that he doesn't allow people to dictate to him It might have been better in hindsight had he listened, but that is water under the bridge. He has walked away from record labels because he was not going to do what they wanted. He also wasn't a kid when he started touringwith Queen in 2014. He was already 32 and been in the music business in many different ways since he was 18. I think he is a person who know what he wants, doesn't compromise, but is pleasant and easy to get along with, although you would think it wasn't true, since he has his own opinions. But apparently he disagrees in a cordial way and doesn't burn any bridges.

Yep that pretty much sums up what I see of him, he's good at being assertive without being aggressive and although he's respectful I really couldn't see him being any kind of pushover. He's frequently said they've been collaborative with him from the start and have given him a lot of freedom.

No idea what went wrong with the collab with Paul, maybe their personalities just didn't gel long term and they all just found it hard to spend so much time together on the road.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Energetic-queer vibe? I have no idea what that is!

Did Freddie have that?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Did Freddie have that?

Let's just say Freddie was Freddie ;-).

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

Did Freddie have that?

Let's just say Freddie was Freddie ;-).

...while Lamebird is a Karaoke twat

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Great posting. Maylor simply lost the plot...

Anton3283 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 131 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Re: moldable etc., all we've been hearing here is that Lambert's albums aren't good because of all the compromises he has to make to suit his record company. But now that's wrong and in fact he isn't "moldable" but is instead a single-minded artiste who is willing to defend his art at the expense of his career. So which one is it ? ;)

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Re: moldable etc., all we've been hearing here is that Lambert's albums aren't good because of all the compromises he has to make to suit his record company. But now that's wrong and in fact he isn't "moldable" but is instead a single-minded artiste who is willing to defend his art at the expense of his career. So which one is it ? ;)

There's a difference between being moldable in the way it was implied and knowing that you have to work with the record label to a degree if you want to get music released. That said he dug his heels in on various points with his first label and ended up walking away when they tried insisting on him doing a new wave covers album so I'd say that's pretty single minded considering he didn't have a new label lined up. It would be idiotic to never make any compromises in business but there's a line when it becomes a step too far and you have to be willing to put your foot down or you end up being walked over, there's no way that would happen.

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

There's a difference between being moldable in the way it was implied and knowing that you have to work with the record label to a degree if you want to get music released. That said he dug his heels in on various points with his first label and ended up walking away when they tried insisting on him doing a new wave covers album so I'd say that's pretty single minded considering he didn't have a new label lined up. It would be idiotic to never make any compromises in business but there's a line when it becomes a step too far and you have to be willing to put your foot down or you end up being walked over, there's no way that would happen.

Delusional Glamtarts believe that Lamebird left on his behalf - truth is he was dropped due to flop records.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As far as the American tours go, it must be gratifying for Brian and Roger that they are actually playing to crowds equal to( and actually exceeding) the size of the ones at their commercial zenith in 1980.

For how far they fell here in popularity during the 1980's to early 1990's this resurgence is quote remarkable. Most bands from Queen's era need to do double headliner bills(sometimes triple) to sell the amount of tickets QAL are here in the States.

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Delusional Glamtarts believe that Lamebird left on his behalf - truth is he was dropped due to flop records.

Nope he's talked about leaving RCA in interviews openly which he wouldn't have done if he were lying, too much risk involved in being called out about it. The fact is they wanted a new wave covers album, he thought about it and offered a compromise of a 80's rock/glam rock cover album or even a 90's cover album even though it wasn't what he really wanted but they were adamant it was new wave or nothing so he said thanks but I'm not feeling it and walked away, no drama, no aggro and he left on good terms. Don't see what's so hard to accept about that fact.

Posted: 14 Dec 18, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

As far as the American tours go, it must be gratifying for Brian and Roger that they are actually playing to crowds equal to( and actually exceeding) the size of the ones at their commercial zenith in 1980.

For how far they fell here in popularity during the 1980's to early 1990's this resurgence is quote remarkable. Most bands from Queen's era need to do double headliner bills(sometimes triple) to sell the amount of tickets QAL are here in the States.

Agreed, lots of legacy bands are teaming up with a couple of other acts to do tours.

Posted: 15 Dec 18, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Nope he's talked about leaving RCA in interviews openly which he wouldn't have done if he were lying, too much risk involved in being called out about it. The fact is they wanted a new wave covers album, he thought about it and offered a compromise of a 80's rock/glam rock cover album or even a 90's cover album even though it wasn't what he really wanted but they were adamant it was new wave or nothing so he said thanks but I'm not feeling it and walked away, no drama, no aggro and he left on good terms. Don't see what's so hard to accept about that fact.

You see something - Lamebird ist all about COVERS. Covers here covers there - he is sooooooo creative and an ICON that he is doing COVERS! And of course he said it was his wish to leave. Do you expect him to say "yes they dropped me"? Thats why he is desperately trying to do QAL as long as he posibly can as it is his last career grasp. Then it is back to cruise ships and gay clubs