Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 05:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The event in Manila was half covers and half Adam’s solo music.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you are missing the point. In your post on page 6, you act as if there is nothing wrong with singing covers. It is fine if Buble does it, but you always sound critical when Adam sings covers and you make a point of bringing it up more often than not. If it is OK to sing covers, as in the case of Buble and others, why is it a problem if Adam sings covers? There are many things that are fine for other artists to do, according to you, but you will then turn around and criticize Adam for doing the same thing. I think that is what Caroline was pointing out and you do that.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, you are missing the point. In your post on page 6, you act as if there is nothing wrong with singing covers. It is fine if Buble does it, but you always sound critical when Adam sings covers and you make a point of bringing it up more often than not. If it is OK to sing covers, as in the case of Buble and others, why is it a problem if Adam sings covers? There are many things that are fine for other artists to do, according to you, but you will then turn around and criticize Adam for doing the same thing. I think that is what Caroline was pointing out and you do that.

Where have I said there was anything wrong singing covers? I never have stated any such thing. For someone like you who has claimed to read my posts for nearly a decade, you sure twist what I post.
Did I say it's a problem if AL sings covers? Nope. But if he keeps going the way he is, that is what he will be known for instead of his solo music.
I can't believe what I have to point out to you and sweetcaroline.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The point is you bash Adam but you think it is perfectly okay for Buble to sing nothing but covers and put out albums with all covers.

So leave Adam alone.

Also there is a video from Spike on Twitter (but no link to copy) praising Adam for his professionalism, creativity and resourcefulness. It is not karaoke to sing Queen music, especially with legendary musicians.

Leave Adam alone, LOL. As if I said anything offensive about the guy at all here. Try to get your head out of his ass, he doesn't need you to defend him.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

After all he is destroying a once might band and making them a laughing stock.

Such a laughing stock they've almost sold out their tour for next year already and had to add more seats and extra shows. They aren't a laughing stock in the slightest and they get great reviews from the media, even I'm surprised they don't get some backlash but they don't seem to except from a few fans but they hardly matter in the scheme of things. Seems you see things that just don't exist.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam in Manila, December 9, 2018 (videos):

http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.com/2018/12/videos-adam-lambert-in-manila.html?m=1

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

After all he is destroying a once might band and making them a laughing stock.

Such a laughing stock they've almost sold out their tour for next year already and had to add more seats and extra shows. They aren't a laughing stock in the slightest and they get great reviews from the media, even I'm surprised they don't get some backlash but they don't seem to except from a few fans but they hardly matter in the scheme of things. Seems you see things that just don't exist.

Wow you are getting sane - so you expect them to get backlash??? Why? Secretly you think they are crap too? You are getting there. In those days of fake news I would not be surpised if they pay big bucks for a favourable reviews. Most non Lanebert freaks laugh about this collaboration. It is the most comical cooperation of once mighty musicians ever. Think about U2 replacing them with this twat. Or the Stones. Rolling STones plus Adam Lambert ???? LMFAO. But with Queen it is supposed to work? Queen had a frontman even more iconic than Bono and Jagger.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Wow you are getting sane - so you expect them to get backlash??? Why? Secretly you think they are crap too? You are getting there. In those days of fake news I would not be surpised if they pay big bucks for a favourable reviews. Most non Lanebert freaks laugh about this collaboration. It is the most comical cooperation of once mighty musicians ever. Think about U2 replacing them with this twat. Or the Stones. Rolling STones plus Adam Lambert ???? LMFAO. But with Queen it is supposed to work? Queen had a frontman even more iconic than Bono and Jagger.

Judging from how Queen were treated by the media in the past and even about the movie I would have expected more aggro from them regarding their collaboration, the media loves to stir things up usually but in this case it didn't happen. I don't think they're in the least bit crap and yeah Freddie was iconic and there's no replacing him but that's the point, Adam never tries to replace him and that's probably why it works and why he doesn't get bad reviews for it.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 12:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The lhama is the new singer so he replaces the old singer. He does not play flute does he? He can say he doesnt want to be compared to Freddie but then he should not copy him with things like the crown or the Live Killers leather outfit. It makes him look like a cheap copycat clown

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

The lhama is the new singer so he replaces the old singer. He does not play flute does he? He can say he doesnt want to be compared to Freddie but then he should not copy him with things like the crown or the Live Killers leather outfit. It makes him look like a cheap copycat clown

Adam wears leather most of the time and always has, not copying anyone it's just a look he likes the same as a lot of people. You may think he's a replacement but he and the band don't view it that way, that's why they make a point of calling it +, a collaboration between them. He's there to sing Queen music with them so people can see them live nothing more and he doesn't copy Freddie in either voice or persona, anyone seeing the show knows that.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.slimfitjackets.com/image/cache/data/new2018/queen-and-adam-lambert-concert-2018-studded-black-jacket-1000x1059.jpg
http://andrejkoymasky.com/liv/fam/biom4/mercur01/merc1.jpg

Any fool can see that he is a lousy copycat. I wont post a link to the disgusting crwon thing. Just had lunch so I'd have to vomit

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That pic of Freddie makes him look like a copycat of biker Marlon Brando. I’ve never seen Adam wearing a cap like that or his bare chest hanging out under a leather jacket.

He has worn leather in most of his solo performances, not just for Queen music.

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The wild ones:

Marlon, Elvis and James Dean

http://www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/715157615797429743/

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is kind of hard at this point to have clothes that someone hasn't worn before. There is only so much you can switch up with what meat dresses, stupid wig things covering faces, trapezes you sing from, baring most of your body. I am not sure there is anything that would be totally new. Tons of people wear leather performing and it is esp. prevalent with rock groups. I have seen Dickinson, Priest, and other current singers performing in leather. Freddie's leather doesn't look much like Adam's and Adam has had so many different leather ensembles. Every one is different, but I am glad Adam has not shown up in sparkling onesies, leotards and ballet slippers. IMO that would be a little much!!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One year ago in Birmingham:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Azw7BQ0dlYU&feature=youtu.be

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It is kind of hard at this point to have clothes that someone hasn't worn before. There is only so much you can switch up with what meat dresses, stupid wig things covering faces, trapezes you sing from, baring most of your body. I am not sure there is anything that would be totally new. Tons of people wear leather performing and it is esp. prevalent with rock groups. I have seen Dickinson, Priest, and other current singers performing in leather. Freddie's leather doesn't look much like Adam's and Adam has had so many different leather ensembles. Every one is different, but I am glad Adam has not shown up in sparkling onesies, leotards and ballet slippers. IMO that would be a little much!!

Why does the onesies, leotards and ballet slippers bother you and sweetcaroline so much? That would be a little much...really?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because of all the demeaning comments that Adam is a tranny and a ladyman!

Why do you need to ask those questions like you did at QOL to get people banned? It should be obvious why we talk about the onesies, short shorts, etc.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If there is so much criticism on one side, there is certainly some criticism for the other side. Nobody makes perfect fashion choices, some are just bombs. But to say they are copying someone is silly, since everyone is copying someone else. Clothes are clothes for the most part. But I do find the onesies to beat them all as far as "out there" for a guy! Kind of on the Lady Gaga level as a great many of her outfits have been beyond ridiculous.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Because of all the demeaning comments that Adam is a tranny and a ladyman!

Why do you need to ask those questions like you did at QOL to get people banned? It should be obvious why we talk about the onesies, short shorts, etc.

Do you really think being so shocked by what Freddie wore, helps you prove that AL is 'demeaned'? Or is it just tit for tat? Either way, you make it seem like you are shocked by what Freddie wore, that you can't figure out why he wore it. Different era, different stage pesona than AL if you need it pointed out.
A valid question I asked since you and snifflese go on about it so much. But there you go on about bans again because I asked a question. Good grief.