Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

If there is so much criticism on one side, there is certainly some criticism for the other side. Nobody makes perfect fashion choices, some are just bombs. But to say they are copying someone is silly, since everyone is copying someone else. Clothes are clothes for the most part. But I do find the onesies to beat them all as far as "out there" for a guy! Kind of on the Lady Gaga level as a great many of her outfits have been beyond ridiculous.

I can see why some people think AL is copyng at least some of the time. Take his recent shoot with the long hair, nothing new there at all. Pretty much a 60s and 70s look.
Maybe I'm used to having seen Freddie with the 'onesies' but I don't think that is very out there. I like how Freddie mixed music and fashion, he really had an eye for it, I think.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG, Icy, STFU already! Freddie had zero fashion sense compared to Adam!

Conversation over and out!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Fucking retarded idiot

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Of course you would say Freddie had zero fashion sense, compared to your almighty AL. No surprise there.
Just so you know, Freddie had plenty of fashion sense yes even with the fact you are so horrified by it. I take it you are judging Freddie by some of his 70s era costumes, like the onesies that you don't like and nothing else that Freddie wore. Pearl clutching and an added lash out moment from sweetcaroline again.
Why should I STFU? You come here always trying to make AL more important/better than even Freddie. See what I mean about you constantly bigging up and promoting AL? You really can't help it with your stupid comparsions. Freddie was and always will be more original than AL, in music, fashion, plenty of things, sorry to break it you. Once again, you prove you have your head up AL's ass.
You can STFU. Actually, you should STFU.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lamebird always stays an irrelevant sad twat

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 00:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually think in general Adam's choice of attire is really spot on. There are only a few really awful things, like a poncho comes to mind. He is often on the best dressed lists for events and he cleans up really nice. His outfits for the concerts are themed and kind of flow throughout the course of the concert and he pairs with Brian often. What new and innovative idea would you have for a photo shoot, Icy? Sure it has been done before, what hasn't been? I know Freddie is the best, the most original and never did anything anyone else did. Every idea was new and innovative. Give me a break! Some of the stuff definitely wan't fashionable, but YMMV. Really who cares? It should be about the music. Who cares what they wore?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 01:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I actually think in general Adam's choice of attire is really spot on. There are only a few really awful things, like a poncho comes to mind. He is often on the best dressed lists for events and he cleans up really nice. His outfits for the concerts are themed and kind of flow throughout the course of the concert and he pairs with Brian often. What new and innovative idea would you have for a photo shoot, Icy? Sure it has been done before, what hasn't been? I know Freddie is the best, the most original and never did anything anyone else did. Every idea was new and innovative. Give me a break! Some of the stuff definitely wan't fashionable, but YMMV. Really who cares? It should be about the music. Who cares what they wore?

Obviously at least one person here 'cares' enough to say Freddie had zero fashion sense compared to AL. Mind boggling anyone would say that since AL has said himself how influenced he is by Freddie.
You are right. It should be about the music. Hell, when I watch Freddie what he wore is the last thing that crosses my mind. Or anyone else for that matter.
Freddie was Freddie, and I admit some of his fashion choices and statements weren't so good. Again, I don't like at all the leather look he had n the late 70s. But he matured in his later years, take the Magic Tour with the jeans and more 'relaxed' look. After that, Freddie wore suits at times, example Barcelona.
People evolve. Freddie sure did. He made and left his mark in many ways, I don't think sweetcaroline realises it.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Freddie did evolve and he set the standard that others aspire to, that is for sure! I do think while Adam doesn't want to be a Freddie clone, he is certainly cognizant of what Freddie did and how he did it. I remember him saying how often he listened to certain songs, to get the feel of it, to see if he could figure out what Freddie meant and then to translate it to his own style, but always remembering the original intent. He doesn't want to step on any toes and be respectful. I honestly believe that. I think he tries to do a really good job that represents Queen and Freddie well and is always respectful to their legacy. As far as leather goes, I didn't really like that one leather crazy outfit with spikes and a cup, if you know what I mean! That one was a little cringe worthy with Adam. It was definitely out there!! I just chuckled to myself!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 02:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Yes, Freddie did evolve and he set the standard that others aspire to, that is for sure! I do think while Adam doesn't want to be a Freddie clone, he is certainly cognizant of what Freddie did and how he did it. I remember him saying how often he listened to certain songs, to get the feel of it, to see if he could figure out what Freddie meant and then to translate it to his own style, but always remembering the original intent. He doesn't want to step on any toes and be respectful. I honestly believe that. I think he tries to do a really good job that represents Queen and Freddie well and is always respectful to their legacy. As far as leather goes, I didn't really like that one leather crazy outfit with spikes and a cup, if you know what I mean! That one was a little cringe worthy with Adam. It was definitely out there!! I just chuckled to myself!!

I know he usually is respectful. I say usually because I don't think is his place to speak about Freddie's sexuality. I wish he didn't do that.
The coronet...I will never like that I'm afraid.
Oh!! You reminded of that pic!! I don't think anyone could look good wearing that. A what was he thinking moment. Crap LOL.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is kind of hard to ignore a journalist, reporter or whoever they are when they badger you for a statement. I believe he referenced what he heard from Brian and Roger. I din't really find that he said a whole lot or anything that would have been taken amiss. It was a pretty bland statement, especially when Adam is pretty forthright about his sexuality. People today are a little more forthright than previous generations and I think he answered based on what he was told. I think it would have looked weird had he said no comment. It was one or two comments around the time of the biopic being a big point of discussion, right? And whether or not Freddie's sexuality was depicted the way it should have been in the movie? I might be mistaken, but I thought it was then. Personally, I find it refreshing that Brian and Roger didn't want to make a spectacle of the sexual business and the partying, etc. It seems that is all the critics wanted to talk about and the movie was critiqued terribly by those people. Apparently the general public didn't need details, since it has done so well. Critics are terrible people, always looking for the scandalous, that most of us can just do without. Good for Brian and Roger sticking to their vision! Often if the critics like it, I don't and you see that so often when you compare the critical review to the general public's.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It is kind of hard to ignore a journalist, reporter or whoever they are when they badger you for a statement. I believe he referenced what he heard from Brian and Roger. I din't really find that he said a whole lot or anything that would have been taken amiss. It was a pretty bland statement, especially when Adam is pretty forthright about his sexuality. People today are a little more forthright than previous generations and I think he answered based on what he was told. I think it would have looked weird had he said no comment. It was one or two comments around the time of the biopic being a big point of discussion, right? And whether or not Freddie's sexuality was depicted the way it should have been in the movie? I might be mistaken, but I thought it was then. Personally, I find it refreshing that Brian and Roger didn't want to make a spectacle of the sexual business and the partying, etc. It seems that is all the critics wanted to talk about and the movie was critiqued terribly by those people. Apparently the general public didn't need details, since it has done so well. Critics are terrible people, always looking for the scandalous, that most of us can just do without. Good for Brian and Roger sticking to their vision! Often if the critics like it, I don't and you see that so often when you compare the critical review to the general public's.

Got called away without logging out again.
Thing is, AL has stated that he didn't know how in or out of the closet Freddie was. Then soon after that he said Freddie was bisexual. Like why even bring it up at all, AL could have chosen not to answer questions like that.
I absolutely understand why AL would speak about his own sexuality. More power to him, and I mean that genuinely. I still don't think it was his place to speak about Freddie's.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 04:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I can say is it is hard to evade questions when you are being interviewed. I am sure he would never have brought it up on his own and I assume he was repeating what he heard from the guys.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He soon will shut his crap mouth when ppl only adress him about which fries they want

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

All I can say is it is hard to evade questions when you are being interviewed. I am sure he would never have brought it up on his own and I assume he was repeating what he heard from the guys.

No one was forcing him to answer.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nowadays no one evades questions anymore other than in court, it seems. I truly haven't seen a celebrity say that they won't answer something. It would have looked weirder if he hadn't answered. He wasn't revealing any state secrets and most people don't care at this point. Not sure why it bothers you so much. People may never really know what his true sexual nature was and can only guess. Personally, I could care less what someone's orientation is, whatever makes them happy.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
MisterCosmicc
Bohemian: 723 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline is a SourCunt

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Nowadays no one evades questions anymore other than in court, it seems. I truly haven't seen a celebrity say that they won't answer something. It would have looked weirder if he hadn't answered. He wasn't revealing any state secrets and most people don't care at this point. Not sure why it bothers you so much. People may never really know what his true sexual nature was and can only guess. Personally, I could care less what someone's orientation is, whatever makes them happy.

Yes, people avoid questions. And celebrities refuse to answer questions more than you think.
I've said more than once recently, that labels don't matter when it comes to Freddie, he was who he was.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

SweetCaroline is a SourCunt

Bloody ridiculous she is I think. First that AL is more original than Sinatra and Como, and now that Freddie had zero fashion sense compared to AL.
What next to big up AL?

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Today is Paul Rodgers' 69th birthday. I think he will probably celebrate by beating up some muggers.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 22:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Today is Paul Rodgers' 69th birthday. I think he will probably celebrate by beating up some muggers.

YUp back in those days the "Plus" in Queen had some worth.