Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Why is Q+AL more successful than Q+PR?

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Today is Paul Rodgers' 69th birthday. I think he will probably celebrate by beating up some muggers.


Happy birthday to Paul.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 4331 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My guess for the OP comes down to this:

PAUL IS OLD he attracts an older crowd
ADAM is fake flamboyantly gay and attracts both old (housewives/ grandma's) and younger crowd (gay guys/teen girls)

It's a demographic.

2. They have stayed together longer and don't bother writing new material

3. PAUL is a rock God, many songs would've been left off for sake of rock and roll

4. PAUL sings his extra syllables IN BETWEEN THE WORD, while ADAM throws his extra syllables AFTER THE WORDS


i.e.

PAUL:
"we're just waiting for the haa'aameer to Faa-ee-a-ahh-ah-ooh-uh uhhalll alll" (*IMPLIED uhh/yeah)

ADAM:

"I want to ride my bicycle'eeayyahhhaaaYYYYAaaUYYYIIIAALLLLALLLLAAAAALLLLLOOHAAAAIIIiiieeee" *(ADDED "yeah-ey-yeah-eeee-iiii-ii-ay-eyy-ieee-ay-ay-yay!"

Little things. But that's my guess.


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol good one

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems much more like a stupid one!!! The difference is that Adam is entertaining and Paul is dull as dishwater and can't sing the entire catalog the way Freddie would have done it. I don't want to hear something that just doesn't sound like Queen. Adam sings in all the original key signatures, which even Freddie didn't do. They were that way on their albums, but not necessarily at their concerts. Could not believe how Freddie sounded singing Killer Queen in a you tube from a concert, nothing like what I had always heard on the albums. Adam can do that every time. He has some talents as a vocalist that maybe Freddie didn't have. Brian has said as much on several occasions. He is actually a musician with a musicians ear and he has worked for years with both Adam and Freddie. You can't just dismiss what he says like most of you do. He knows a lot more than any of the posters here. Brian is not as bad as some of you would like to think after reading some of your mean comments. Adam has many, many talents, just different from Freddie, but similar enough to make it work. And that is what works, putting your own stamp on the original, but keeping it close enough to the original. That is a tricky line to navigate and Adam does it splendidly.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Seems much more like a stupid one!!! The difference is that Adam is entertaining and Paul is dull as dishwater and can't sing the entire catalog the way Freddie would have done it. I don't want to hear something that just doesn't sound like Queen. Adam sings in all the original key signatures, which even Freddie didn't do. They were that way on their albums, but not necessarily at their concerts. Could not believe how Freddie sounded singing Killer Queen in a you tube from a concert, nothing like what I had always heard on the albums. Adam can do that every time. He has some talents as a vocalist that maybe Freddie didn't have. Brian has said as much on several occasions. He is actually a musician with a musicians ear and he has worked for years with both Adam and Freddie. You can't just dismiss what he says like most of you do. He knows a lot more than any of the posters here. Brian is not as bad as some of you would like to think after reading some of your mean comments. Adam has many, many talents, just different from Freddie, but similar enough to make it work. And that is what works, putting your own stamp on the original, but keeping it close enough to the original. That is a tricky line to navigate and Adam does it splendidly.


Lambert has a thin voice in the higher register. Cats can hit high notes but I wouldn't buy a CD of cat wailing. He sings rock songs like Celine Dion. Fred singing KQ live is closer to the album version than Lambert singing KQ because he wrote the song and performed it on the album. That's a very obvious point that shouldn't need to be made but like sweatcaroline you think Lambert is better at everything than everyone else, including the legendary Freddie Mercury. In fact, of course, Lambert has done nothing comparable to Fred. The movie everyone is talking about right now is called Bohemian Rhapsody and it's about the life of the legendary Freddie Mercury. Think about that. Bohemian Rhapsody & Freddie Mercury vs Two Fux, talent show runner up, Adam Lambert. Legend vs hired hand. Original vs imitator. Moet & Chandon vs Tennents Super. Lobster vs cheeseburger.




"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is your opinion. If you saw him live, his voice is not thin. It is like an operatic tenor and he has can fill the arena with sound and it doesn't sound thin or weak. It is resonant and fills the venue, no matter how large. You and Icy and runner can all have quite the love fest with your Freddie obsession! There are things that Adam can do with his voice that Freddie couldn't and vice versa. Freddie wasn't musically perfect, no matter what you think. No one is ever. I am not talking about Adam's music, which isn't near the standard of Queen's music. That is why I prefer Adam singing Queen. But his vocals, his singing ability has nothing to do with his own music. I am talking Vocals, not writing not anything else, just pure vocals.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

That is your opinion. If you saw him live, his voice is not thin. It is like an operatic tenor and he has can fill the arena with sound and it doesn't sound thin or weak. It is resonant and fills the venue, no matter how large. You and Icy and runner can all have quite the love fest with your Freddie obsession! There are things that Adam can do with his voice that Freddie couldn't and vice versa. Freddie wasn't musically perfect, no matter what you think. No one is ever. I am not talking about Adam's music, which isn't near the standard of Queen's music. That is why I prefer Adam singing Queen. But his vocals, his singing ability has nothing to do with his own music. I am talking Vocals, not writing not anything else, just pure vocals.


You're not "talking vocals" you're lashing out at Fred to try to get your own back on someone who attacked Lambert. Like a child.

Knock off the "you're Fred obsessed" bullshit would you? You know fuck all about me because you only spend time in the Lambert forum. You have a tiny mind and a narrow view of everything. You think Paul Rodgers is boring because you watch reality tv shows and don't know any better.



"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are deluded. This is what happens when someone tries to discuss something rationally. I am trying to get back at someone who attacked Lambert? Give me a break, that is the stupidest rationale I have ever heard and that fits right into what I originally said about the Freddie obsessed individuals on here who can't admit that there might be something not perfect about Freddie and that no one else can ever sing Queen music's well, but him. I listen to a lot of opera and classical and I know when a voice is excellent, so don't tell me anything and if I don't like PR, that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I prefer a different kind of voice and it has nothing to do with reality shows. Nobody but you people here care about where an artist is discovered. I don't give a rat's patootie and I don't think most rationale people care, either. Most of the reality people never take off, or are long gone and here is Adam still swinging after 10 years. So, don't get on your high horse with me, Mister. Sorry I hurt your ittty bitty sensibilities, you are obviously the child!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You suck the life out of rational discussion because you're an obsessed crackpot.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me thinks this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Queen fans on here are not capable , for the most part, of a rational discussion, as they feel Freddie was and is perfect and no one else is ever going to rise to his hallowed status. Not everyone else is that obsessed and rigid. Some of us can enjoy other singers. If you can't, no problem, until you start denigrating other singers, in particular Adam, just because they are not Freddie. Adam is too good and too similar in many ways to Freddie and that is the part you don't like. You don't care if PR covers Queen, because no way does he measure up. You don't like the accolades that QAL gets and think it detracts from Freddie, which is ridiculous, because Queen is not QAL.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Truth is you don't want rational, interesting conversation otherwise you would have added some to the forum by now, Everything you say is boring and unoriginal. Everything you and sweetcaroline do is designed to drown out even mild, constructive criticism of Lambert. We can't even talk about neutral things like setlists without you getting your knickers in a twist.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Seems much more like a stupid one!!! The difference is that Adam is entertaining and Paul is dull as dishwater and can't sing the entire catalog the way Freddie would have done it. I don't want to hear something that just doesn't sound like Queen. Adam sings in all the original key signatures, which even Freddie didn't do. They were that way on their albums, but not necessarily at their concerts. Could not believe how Freddie sounded singing Killer Queen in a you tube from a concert, nothing like what I had always heard on the albums. Adam can do that every time. He has some talents as a vocalist that maybe Freddie didn't have. Brian has said as much on several occasions. He is actually a musician with a musicians ear and he has worked for years with both Adam and Freddie. You can't just dismiss what he says like most of you do. He knows a lot more than any of the posters here. Brian is not as bad as some of you would like to think after reading some of your mean comments. Adam has many, many talents, just different from Freddie, but similar enough to make it work. And that is what works, putting your own stamp on the original, but keeping it close enough to the original. That is a tricky line to navigate and Adam does it splendidly.


Do you even believe your own crap you sad dickhead? YOu come on a Queen board and spill hate about their iconic frontman and what do you expect??? It is even laughable to name Lameturd and Freddie in one sentence. Adam could do things that Freddie could not? And that would be what you sad nutter??? And WTF should I believe anything Brian says?? He wants to sell his bullshit Queen vision. He says Lameturd is a "gift from god" as he says they did not tour before Live Aid - both utter crap and first signs of beginning alzheimer or Brian trying to justify his sad actions he did for the last 20 years. Why you stupid fuck do you think that he is selling ANYTHING and EVERYTHING with "Freddie would have loved it/him"???? Surely not because he thinks that Lamebert is on par with Freddie. Just to justify this mess. WHhiich other rockband of QUeen's status has ever collaborated with such a no talent karaoke talent show hack and keep trying to sell him as if he was credible in any form?? Name me One!!! You wont find any. It is completely laughable and cringeworthy. If they called this crap "May Taylor & Lameturd" they would play small theaters - so they label it as "QUEEN Plus or minus" and big it up with "Freddie would have loved it" . Absolutely shocking, dreadful and respectless. They spit on Freddie's grave.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is too good and too similar in many ways to Freddie and that is the part you don't like.


Similar to Freddie? Ha cannot sing, cannot play an instrument cannot write a song to save his life and is a sad copy cat. What exactly is similar? One is a music icon who will be known in a few hundred years - who will talk about this lame talent show hack in 5 years time. NO One. So shut your drivel up and just go away you insane nutter

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Me thinks this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Queen fans on here are not capable , for the most part, of a rational discussion, as they feel Freddie was and is perfect and no one else is ever going to rise to his hallowed status. Not everyone else is that obsessed and rigid. Some of us can enjoy other singers. If you can't, no problem, until you start denigrating other singers, in particular Adam, just because they are not Freddie. Adam is too good and too similar in many ways to Freddie and that is the part you don't like. You don't care if PR covers Queen, because no way does he measure up. You don't like the accolades that QAL gets and think it detracts from Freddie, which is ridiculous, because Queen is not QAL.


Have you even tried to post outside of the sub forum? Doubt it...oh wait you can't be bothered to discuss Freddie, and you don't want him mentioned at all, because you want everything to be about AL.
Have you noticed what sweetcaroline has to say about every other artist who is not Lambert? Even for her to day Freddie had zero fashion sense compared to AL?
Amazing the bitterness you and sweetcaroline have not only about Queen/Freddie but even Queen fans here. Not as if you both have ever discussed the band or even Freddie very much at all.
The way you both act when you can't get what you want is no better than a preschooler throwing a tantrum.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just shut runner. You are an absolute abomination on this board as you spew verbal crap that no one but your buddies wants to read. You wish you could be as successful as Adam and since you are such a defender of Queen, I can't believe the crap you write about Brian. You are a two bit fan at best, a homophobe, a pot stirrer and a complete idiot. Therefore your opinions don't count and you are a filthy mouthed, dirty old man! No Adam fans are denigrating Freddie which is what you always start screaming about. But, he is not perfect either and rational people can discuss that.

And Holly, you are not nearly as high brow and intellectual as you obviously think you are, quite full of yourself for no reason that I have yet to see.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They are just overplaying that they might have realized that Lameass is just living on Freddie's laurels and he always will. He is a cover artist. All about lameturd is fake, he covers, copiies. And on top of it he sounds like a goat and looks like an Asian overweight ladyboy who has had his best years behind him

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Just shut runner. You are an absolute abomination on this board as you spew verbal crap that no one but your buddies wants to read. You wish you could be as successful as Adam and since you are such a defender of Queen, I can't believe the crap you write about Brian. You are a two bit fan at best, a homophobe, a pot stirrer and a complete idiot. Therefore your opinions don't count and you are a filthy mouthed, dirty old man! No Adam fans are denigrating Freddie which is what you always start screaming about. But, he is not perfect either and rational people can discuss that.
.


I do not pretend to be a singer or a rock musician so your comparisons are as lame as you are. Lameturd is trying to come across as a rocker but he is failing miserably. He is fake thru and thru. He is a dance wannabe, a plastic pooper with no musical talent. Most people laugh about him as he is a sad utter twat. Brian was always my least fave member and he surely has lost the plot since he found Lameturd

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, I haven't, Icy because all of you people are just as nasty as you can be for the most part. You brook no other opinions and start with the name calling if anyone doesn't bow down to Freddie. This is a QAL THREAD, so Freddie may not be the main focus, nor should he be. Every other thread on this forum is for Queen and Freddie. Leave the people here alone unless you can post in a reasonable, grown up manner and not be offended if someone says they don't think Freddie can do everything Adam can with his voice. Technically he is hands down better, as he is a trained singer and not a baritone learning to sing on his own in the higher ranges. Each of them sounds better in certain songs, depending on the range of the song. It also depends on whether a person prefers tenors or the lower ranges. YMMV. But it is all open to discussion. You guys will not let people discuss even when it is not a comparison to Freddie. You jump right in with name calling and juvenile, ugly behavior.

SO, why would I want to go a Queen thread where you rip apart anyone trying to do anything buy pay homage to Freddie? You have got to be kidding me. It is too bad that this QAL thread is always hijacked by you people who won't allow a discussion of Adam and Queen. Anything said is just bigging up, which is the stupidest remark ever! Last place I would ever go is to another part of the forum. I have no desire to discuss Freddie and Queen with you guys, as there is no discussion, you just attack.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Nope, I haven't, Icy because all of you people are just as nasty as you can be for the most part. You brook no other opinions and start with the name calling if anyone doesn't bow down to Freddie. This is a QAL THREAD, so Freddie may not be the main focus, nor should he be. Every other thread on this forum is for Queen and Freddie. Leave the people here alone unless you can post in a reasonable, grown up manner and not be offended if someone says they don't think Freddie can do everything Adam can with his voice. Technically he is hands down better, as he is a trained singer and not a baritone learning to sing on his own in the higher ranges. Each of them sounds better in certain songs, depending on the range of the song. It also depends on whether a person prefers tenors or the lower ranges. YMMV. But it is all open to discussion. You guys will not let people discuss even when it is not a comparison to Freddie. You jump right in with name calling and juvenile, ugly behavior.

SO, why would I want to go a Queen thread where you rip apart anyone trying to do anything buy pay homage to Freddie? You have got to be kidding me. It is too bad that this QAL thread is always hijacked by you people who won't allow a discussion of Adam and Queen. Anything said is just bigging up, which is the stupidest remark ever! Last place I would ever go is to another part of the forum. I have no desire to discuss Freddie and Queen with you guys, as there is no discussion, you just attack.


You just proved that you are judging a whole board on what, the posts on one or two people. That's not smart, it makes you look petty to be honest.
Freddie will be discussed, even in here. Look at you bigging AL up in your post here.
No, you don't want to discuss Freddie and Queen at all, because you don't care about that side of it it. It's all Lambert or nothing for you.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perfect example of what I just said, thanks, Icy, for proving my case! You people are just too much!!