Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New Article regarding Mary Austin

forum rss feed
Author

vin221 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Link:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6582999/The-40m-Freddie-Mercury-prize-Superstars-ex-fiancee-set-huge-windfall.html

Invisible Woman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Invisible Woman
Bohemian: 483 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same story as always, she inherited a great fortune, Freddie said about her this, Freddie said that, "love of my life" etc... Boring.
If something is repeated a thousand times doesn't mean that it's all true.

eYe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 397 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Btw... wasn't Barbara Valentin very important for him too? AFAIK she wasn't allowed to go to the funeral, and was not mentiond in the movie at all. What is the story behind that?

jim. user not visiting Queenzone.com
jim.
Royalty: 1960 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie did find Barbara more fun than drab Mary, but i truly believe it was Jim Hutton that lighted the fire for Freddie, he brought so much joy and love
to Freddie's heart and Freddie even began calling Jim his "husband" so i am sure hairy Mary was envious of that!

Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 639 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was shocked by her photo's, doesnt like at all like 17 years a go...

scottmax user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

She’s looking a bit ropey!!

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 754 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wouldn't you after all that time? Lol!

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 819 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yay, new photo of Mary Austin!

jim. user not visiting Queenzone.com
jim.
Royalty: 1960 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That photo of Mary is shocking, what an old hag sh has turned into and you would have thought somebody who had Freddie's millions would have kept themselves presentable and young looking.
You get what you reap.

Holly2003 user is on Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5339 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EMI2565 wrote:

That photo of Mary is shocking, what an old hag sh has turned into and you would have thought somebody who had Freddie's millions would have kept themselves presentable and young looking.
You get what you reap.

I'm sure she gives a fuck what you think.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Thistle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3914 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, getting ripped in to someone else over how they look in a shit photo is a bit daft. How she looks, how she spends her money etc is nowt to do with any of us. There's fandom and there's voyeurism.

Invisible Woman

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This photo is not shocking to me, she is 68 years old.
It's shocking to me that she still earns enormous money on Freddie's name and account. And I wondering how someone can judging Jim for the book in which describing how much Freddie and he loved each other. How anyone can calls him gold digger?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1577 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EMI2565 wrote:

You get what you reap.

How do you look at 67 you miserable sod. Why badmouthing Mary? BEcause Maylor hate her for interiting Freddies rights to the songs?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1577 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invisible Woman wrote:

This photo is not shocking to me, she is 68 years old.
It's shocking to me that she still earns enormous money on Freddie's name and account. And I wondering how someone can judging Jim for the book in which describing how much Freddie and he loved each other. How anyone can calls him gold digger?

She interited the money and the rights to the songs? What should she have done??? She is right about JIm. The book was awful and indiscrete. She is the only one (apart John) who stood loyal to Freddie and did not write a book or shit like that. The biggest golddiggers are Maylor though. Exploiting Freddie and insulting him at the same time. That's where you should be shocked

FunLovinCriminal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 150 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ladies, Gentleman and EMI2565: This "article" did appear in The Daily Mail! What do you expect and why are you debating it as if it had featured some serious information? I, for one, am not at all sure that the "new" photo featured in this crap-story actually really shows Mary Austin.If so, who cares? To even assume that people owning millions have to "keep themselves presentable and young looking“ is pathetic. by the way, the "article" got one "fact" wrong. The 25 percent share of Freddie's future earnings, that belonged to his parents, didn't fell to Mary Austin when they passed away, but to Freddie's sister (and to her handsome son, hopefully). Financially they're all well off, Mary Austin can look like King King or Baby Doll if she wants to and we are debating the same old bullshit presented to us by the Red Tops over and over again. This can be heaven for everyone, right?

Invisible Woman

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

She interited the money and the rights to the songs? What should she have done??? She is right about JIm. The book was awful and indiscrete. She is the only one (apart John) who stood loyal to Freddie and did not write a book or shit like that. The biggest golddiggers are Maylor though. Exploiting Freddie and insulting him at the same time. That's where you should be shocked

Why is Jim's book insulting? Or awful? He had the right to tell their story, that was his life too.
Many people believe in fairy tales about Mary and Freddie, like those shown in the movie. If this book doesn't exist would be easier for persons who created stories like this to twisting the facts, so I'm glad that this book exists.

About Brian and Roger, do I agree or disagree with all what they do, it doesn't matter. They are members of the band and they have a part in making Queen's music and it's logical to make money from it.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3476 posts

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 23:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thistle wrote:

Yeah, getting ripped in to someone else over how they look in a shit photo is a bit daft. How she looks, how she spends her money etc is nowt to do with any of us. There's fandom and there's voyeurism.

I agree. I'm not even going to click on the link. Daily Fail sucks.

Invisible Woman

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Invisible Woman

Posted: 12 Jan 19, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@runner 70

And if they jealous of Mary, did they would make a movie like this?

k-m user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 622 posts

Posted: 13 Jan 19, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That new photo... Ouch!!! One of these things you wish you had actually NOT seen in your life.