Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam Lambert — Part 2

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would have loved to hear Adam sing "It's Now or Never", one of my fav Elvis songs. I enjoyed Josh Groban very much and I have a lot of his music as he has a great voice. But I would have loved to hear a high tenor sing that one! Of course you are not sure if you liked Adam's cover! Why does that not surprise me, Icy! Most everybody (from tweets and comments online, not just my opinion), loved Adam's version which combined great singing and showmanship. He woke up a sometimes sleepy crowd and most thought Adam was one of the top performers of the night. I still think you have a bias against Adam and you don't even realize it. You are somehow programmed to pretty much dislike anything about him, just because it is him. Not fighting with you, but that is what I always see and it is no different here. There is always something that is not quite right and you just aren't like that with other performers normally. At least you are consistent, which is a good trait!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YAY !!!!!

“@DrBrianMay Yeeeeeay !!!! Time to Rock the Oscars —- watch this space !!! Bri X”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BuCAOvDhdUn/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1ifs1qk3guz7g

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes! Yes! Yes! So awesome!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes! Yes! Yes! So awesome!

Yeah just saw Adam's retweet of the Academy one, wow awesome's the word!!

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! That is so exciting and I am so happy for them. It is about time the rest of the world saw a really good performance for a change! I hope that will lead to other good things for them! They deserve any accolades thrown their way as they rock it hard each and every night!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

YAY !!!!!

“@DrBrianMay Yeeeeeay !!!! Time to Rock the Oscars —- watch this space !!! Bri X”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BuCAOvDhdUn/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1ifs1qk3guz7g>
-----------
I thought AL said in his recent Twitter party that he wasn't attending?

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe they were working on a deal with certain stipulations and it just got resolved. There were mentions of Gaga singing with them and other stuff, so I am sure there were things to be worked out. Until that happened, Adam wasn't attending. But now he is and they all are!! Who ever really knows what goes on behind the scenes? Must have been something they finally got straightened out so that the Academy and Queen were both happy with the outcome. I know that I sure am!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Maybe they were working on a deal with certain stipulations and it just got resolved. There were mentions of Gaga singing with them and other stuff, so I am sure there were things to be worked out. Until that happened, Adam wasn't attending. But now he is and they all are!! Who ever really knows what goes on behind the scenes? Must have been something they finally got straightened out so that the Academy and Queen were both happy with the outcome. I know that I sure am!!!

There wasn't mentions, just gossip about GaGa performing with Brian and Roger.
Surprised about the turn around. Brian was cryptic, AL was sounding certain he wasn't attending.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The buzz is that Sam Smith and Adele are performing with them.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

The buzz is that Sam Smith and Adele are performing with them.

Yay!!! xD ;-)

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, here is an example of your bias, Icy. No Yay's for QAL performing, just Adam said he wasn't going from you, Now Adele and Sam Smith, who have no earthly reason whatsoever to perform with Queen, are mentioned and there is a big YAY!!! Many of you have said Adam has no business having anything to do with the movie and all sorts of other things and he doesn't need to be at the premiere, etc, etc. It isn't Adam's music, his sweat and tears, or his business to be involved with the movie. Now you have 2 singers with no relationship to Queen and suddenly you think that is a great idea, obviously. Why should they be singing with Queen all of a sudden? It would be a cover after all and those are not good to be singing, obviously and they have no relationship to Queen. I am really confused about this? I think it is a terrible idea. They need to go with the guy who has been their lead singer for over 6 years.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

OK, here is an example of your bias, Icy. No Yay's for QAL performing, just Adam said he wasn't going from you, Now Adele and Sam Smith, who have no earthly reason whatsoever to perform with Queen, are mentioned and there is a big YAY!!! Many of you have said Adam has no business having anything to do with the movie and all sorts of other things and he doesn't need to be at the premiere, etc, etc. It isn't Adam's music, his sweat and tears, or his business to be involved with the movie. Now you have 2 singers with no relationship to Queen and suddenly you think that is a great idea, obviously. Why should they be singing with Queen all of a sudden? It would be a cover after all and those are not good to be singing, obviously and they have no relationship to Queen. I am really confused about this? I think it is a terrible idea. They need to go with the guy who has been their lead singer for over 6 years.

Oh my gosh. Obviously I was being sarcastic with the yay with my above post, didn't the wink and the xD tell you that Brancelli and I were not being serious about Sam and Adele performing with them?
I think you are looking to fight with me today. I'm surprised that Q+AL seems likely to perform after all, better now?

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Relax, it was just a joke.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I would have loved to hear Adam sing "It's Now or Never", one of my fav Elvis songs. I enjoyed Josh Groban very much and I have a lot of his music as he has a great voice. But I would have loved to hear a high tenor sing that one! Of course you are not sure if you liked Adam's cover! Why does that not surprise me, Icy! Most everybody (from tweets and comments online, not just my opinion), loved Adam's version which combined great singing and showmanship. He woke up a sometimes sleepy crowd and most thought Adam was one of the top performers of the night. I still think you have a bias against Adam and you don't even realize it. You are somehow programmed to pretty much dislike anything about him, just because it is him. Not fighting with you, but that is what I always see and it is no different here. There is always something that is not quite right and you just aren't like that with other performers normally. At least you are consistent, which is a good trait!

Oh dear. Yes, I wasn't sure if I liked it right away.Fact is, I was watching it while having a migraine by the way. I literally had to lower the volume during some of the show, even for Carrie Underwood. I recorded the show, so I will be watching it again. Right now, I still don't know if I liked it, because I've only watched/listened to the whole show once as of now.
Dammed if I do, dammed if I don't.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Relax, it was just a joke.

Obviously it was a joke. You shouldn't even have to explain it.
I got a laugh out of it. ;-)

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No clue what those weird marks mean. They make no sense to me. I didn't think any of it was funny personally. Don't get how mentioning Adele and Sam is a joke/ and or humorous at all. I am obviously not on the same wavelength as you two, but we already know that! If you have to watch something several times to decide if you really like it or not, chances are you don't. Things grow on people, of course, but for something like that, it normally strikes a chord or it doesn't. That show was a really good one, with a lot of strong singers and I wish they had more things like that on TV. I liked it the first time around! The only weak thing was the medley at the end, that was pitiful.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

No clue what those weird marks mean. They make no sense to me. I didn't think any of it was funny personally. Don't get how mentioning Adele and Sam is a joke/ and or humorous at all. I am obviously not on the same wavelength as you two, but we already know that! If you have to watch something several times to decide if you really like it or not, chances are you don't. Things grow on people, of course, but for something like that, it normally strikes a chord or it doesn't. That show was a really good one, with a lot of strong singers and I wish they had more things like that on TV. I liked it the first time around! The only weak thing was the medley at the end, that was pitiful.

Ok, if having a sense of sarcastic humor doesn't mean you, myself and Brancelli aren't on the same wavelength... alrighty then. But leave Brancelli out of it. He was being funny, sarcastic, witty, the fact you didn't get it and needed it pointed out to you that he wasn't being serious is a SMH moment. Even more so that my response to his post has ruffled your feathers.
Good for you if you like things right away. I wasn't in any mood to pass judgement on the performances last night, like I said I had a migraine and those bitches hurt like hell ;-). I will watch it again, hopefully sometime this week. I will let you know if I end up liking it. Or if I don't like it, I will let you know that too ;-).
Fair enough?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is what a xD means...
And the wink " ;-) " should not have to be explained at all.

Attachment: 2019218609054910.png 46 KB
This has been downloaded 2 time(s).

SweetCaroline

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh please! Let them exchange Adam for Sam and Adele! After all, Adam isn’t British! However, Rami isn’t British either! I wonder why they couldn’t find a good British front man for the biopic and the tours? ;-)