Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam Lambert — Part 2

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh please! Let them exchange Adam for Sam and Adele! After all, Adam isn’t British! However, Rami isn’t British either! I wonder why they couldn’t find a good British front man for the biopic and the tours? ;-)



Holy crap. That's two Glamberts who didn't get the joke, good grief. LOL.
Let Brian and Roger perform with Sam and or Adele and then we will see your butthurt then LOL. You were jealous enough when Nate and GaGa sang with them for crying out loud. You thought it took away from AL and his time.
I don't know why you continue to harp on about Sam being British by the way. Another thing you hold against him, I suppose. One of many things you have against the guy, because it boils down to that Sam is more popular than AL. Sam and Adele do not need to perform with Brian and Roger to make their marks, because Sam and Adele already have made their marks without riding on coattails.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

OK, here is an example of your bias, Icy. No Yay's for QAL performing, just Adam said he wasn't going from you, Now Adele and Sam Smith, who have no earthly reason whatsoever to perform with Queen, are mentioned and there is a big YAY!!! Many of you have said Adam has no business having anything to do with the movie and all sorts of other things and he doesn't need to be at the premiere, etc, etc. It isn't Adam's music, his sweat and tears, or his business to be involved with the movie. Now you have 2 singers with no relationship to Queen and suddenly you think that is a great idea, obviously. Why should they be singing with Queen all of a sudden? It would be a cover after all and those are not good to be singing, obviously and they have no relationship to Queen. I am really confused about this? I think it is a terrible idea. They need to go with the guy who has been their lead singer for over 6 years.


You sad cunt would not get any humor if it was stuffed down your throat you stupid bitch

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, look who just crawled out from under his bridge! Hee! Hee!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh, look who just crawled out from under his bridge! Hee! Hee!



Look at who didn't get a jokey post! Haha.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the difference is that you guys are perfectly fine with no Adam at the Oscars or not ever playing with Queen. I know that applies to you, Icy, and the creeps on here. Brancelli appreciates Adam's voice, but not so much singing Queen, is the impression I get. You all think the joke is hilarious. For those of us who really like Adam and QAL, there isn't much funny about it. It is sarcastic at our expense and Adam's. You and Brancelli and the others are all in lockstep with this one, Icy. We will see who has the last laugh. And anybody who can once again mention people (Adam) riding on coat tail's has little respect for that person. I just think that is a totally unwarranted thing to always say. I doubt it is an easy thing to sing with a band like Queen and it is doubly so to have to put up with the nastiness that comes from Queen's fans. It sounds as if the job could be very onerous at times, both for Brian and Roger and even more so for Adam.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I think the difference is that you guys are perfectly fine with no Adam at the Oscars or not ever playing with Queen. I know that applies to you, Icy, and the creeps on here. Brancelli appreciates Adam's voice, but not so much singing Queen, is the impression I get. You all think the joke is hilarious. For those of us who really like Adam and QAL, there isn't much funny about it. It is sarcastic at our expense and Adam's. You and Brancelli and the others are all in lockstep with this one, Icy. We will see who has the last laugh. And anybody who can once again mention people (Adam) riding on coat tail's has little respect for that person. I just think that is a totally unwarranted thing to always say. I doubt it is an easy thing to sing with a band like Queen and it is doubly so to have to put up with the nastiness that comes from Queen's fans. It sounds as if the job could be very onerous at times, both for Brian and Roger and even more so for Adam.


I never even mentioned anything today about AL appearing at the Oscar's, except that not long ago he said he wasn't attending...after he was asked via Twitter. So, yes, it's a surprise he will be attending and apparently performing. I guess you missed it where I had said I think it would be unlikely for Brian and Roger to perform, since there was no original music written for the film? Hands up, I was wrong. I wasn't expecting a performance.

Why is the joke Brancelli and my reply to it getting to you this much? It's hardly remotely offensive. You seem to be insulted, and I don't even think AL would be insulted by the post Brancelli made or my reply to it. I think once again, you are looking to fight over the least little thing. Brancelli meant no harm for God's sake. And you couldn't tell his post and my reply to it was sarcastic, so boom you go off again. You are making a big deal out of nothing once again.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To each his own, but I don't see it that way. There are way too many digs here at Adam and QAL. You guys are laughing at and not with. You have mentioned about Adam not appearing at anything to do with the movie since it wasn't his place. He always has nothing to do with anything Queen related, since he just hangs on their coat tails and he has absolutely nothing to do with their success since Queen has always been successful. And on and on it goes. I can read between the lines. I know you had absolutely no desire for them to have a chance at being at the Oscars. It is veiled in everything you say. I think this will be a big deal for QAL and it will get them tons of promotion and more people interested in the Queen story and hopefully, for Adam, too. He has new music to put out and this promotion can only help him. He has worked really hard all these years and I would love to see him more successful and more well known. This is a great start for the band and for him personally. I hope it will be a wonderful night for them.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 02:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It wasn't my intention to offend. Everyone knows how much Caroline likes Adele and Sam Smith, and it was just too easy not to resist the opportunity.

I do like Adam, and I think he is a great singer. Even though I don't necessarily think his voice fits with Queen, I'm happy for him for the opportunity and wish him nothing but the best. I hope he performs well at the Oscars and don't wish him any ill will whatsoever.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

To each his own, but I don't see it that way. There are way too many digs here at Adam and QAL. You guys are laughing at and not with. You have mentioned about Adam not appearing at anything to do with the movie since it wasn't his place. He always has nothing to do with anything Queen related, since he just hangs on their coat tails and he has absolutely nothing to do with their success since Queen has always been successful. And on and on it goes. I can read between the lines. I know you had absolutely no desire for them to have a chance at being at the Oscars. It is veiled in everything you say. I think this will be a big deal for QAL and it will get them tons of promotion and more people interested in the Queen story and hopefully, for Adam, too. He has new music to put out and this promotion can only help him. He has worked really hard all these years and I would love to see him more successful and more well known. This is a great start for the band and for him personally. I hope it will be a wonderful night for them.


You are taking the joke way too seriously. Because of what some other people have to say about AL, you have your feathers ruffled about an innocent, harmless joke. You didn't get the joke, so you are upset at brance and I. Of all the thingsfor anyone to become insulted by. Come on, snifflese, you are better than this.
Yes, I have mentioned that...a while ago, but not today. It seems you hold on to grudges somewhat. Since you want to go there, alrighty then...
Of course you think this will be a big deal for Q+AL and AL too. Why not guess what they will perform in the thread I started? Or make your own thread. No doubt that Q+AL performing is a big deal. It will be a bigger deal if the biopic wins what it's nominated for, good luck to it all. If the biopic wins everything it's up for, that will be a bigger deal than Q+AL performing, IMO.
As for the Oscars promoting AL and his solo music/caree, well his own music will have to do that for him instead of his fans hoping and putting ntheir hopes that the biopic success will somehow help AL and his career ( and you wonder why I say AL is riding on coattails ). The biopic isn't about AL at all. It's about Freddie and Queen and what they did together, not about AL or even Q+AL.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 02:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

It wasn't my intention to offend. Everyone knows how much Caroline likes Adele and Sam Smith, and it was just too easy not to resist the opportunity.

I do like Adam, and I think he is a great singer. Even though I don't necessarily think his voice fits with Queen, I'm happy for him for the opportunity and wish him nothing but the best. I hope he performs well at the Oscars and don't wish him any ill will whatsoever.


I'm so sorry you are getting crap. Put it this way, if you said Bon Jovi ( who I intensely dislike, no offense to any of those fans here ) were to join Brian and Roger at the Oscars, I would have laughed at that as well.
Again, I'm sorry, because you don't deserve any crap.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, did you see that pre Super Bowl concert where Taylor Hawkins sang “Under Pressure” with Dave Grohl? At the end he said that Queen songs are hard to sing, That’s why we are so complimentary to Adam because he makes it look so effortless.

I’ve been reading that he is vacationing in Mexico and not rehearsing. Oh boy, if they open the Oscars with Bohemian Rhapsody, which I am assuming they will do, he better not get those lyrics out of order. I hope they are able to flash Freddie’s image at the end.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 04:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Brancelli, did you see that pre Super Bowl concert where Taylor Hawkins sang “Under Pressure” with Dave Grohl? At the end he said that Queen songs are hard to sing, That’s why we are so complimentary to Adam because he makes it look so effortless.

I’ve been reading that he is vacationing in Mexico and not rehearsing. Oh boy, if they open the Oscars with Bohemian Rhapsody, which I am assuming they will do, he better not get those lyrics out of order. I hope they are able to flash Freddie’s image at the end.


His vacation in Mexico has to do with what exactly? Is his taking time off newsworthy for Glamberts once again?
I hope Freddie and John will be shown somehow during Q+AL performance no matter what Q+AL performs at the Oscars. Because they were...and still remain such an important part of Queen and that history after all. IMO, Freddie deserves more than just a 'flash' at the end. Hopefully Freddie's vocals will be used at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody, with no 'duet' with him and AL at the end if BR will be performed.


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not counting on the biopic to do anything for Adam. As you always say, Adam has zero to do with the success of the movie. However, the biopic has given Adam a chance to perform at the Oscars. How he performs and whether it will be a successful performance is all on him. Often one performance is all it takes to make or break a career. Adam creating that moment and being successful at the Oscars has nothing to do with the biopic anymore, It was simply the vehicle to get him to that point with the other guys and now it is up to Adam to kill it! It is a huge honor for Brian, Roger and Adam. It will be a bigger deal if the movie wins the Oscar, but performing at the Oscars has to be every band or singer's secret wish. Lots of folks get an opportunity, but stumble. It is up to Adam to bring it for a performance that nobody forgets and that will have nothing to do with the biopic or coat tails. It will be his moment (independent of the biopic) and Brian and Roger's moment. What has gone on in the past or the biopic has zero to do with that moment. It is on the band to bring and make it something people don't soon forget. I figure Brian and Roger and Adam will definitely be able to create an amazing moment in Oscar history! I think they will sing a short medley of 2-3 songs including parts of BR.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I am not counting on the biopic to do anything for Adam. As you always say, Adam has zero to do with the success of the movie. However, the biopic has given Adam a chance to perform at the Oscars. How he performs and whether it will be a successful performance is all on him. Often one performance is all it takes to make or break a career. Adam creating that moment and being successful at the Oscars has nothing to do with the biopic anymore, It was simply the vehicle to get him to that point with the other guys and now it is up to Adam to kill it! It is a huge honor for Brian, Roger and Adam. It will be a bigger deal if the movie wins the Oscar, but performing at the Oscars has to be every band or singer's secret wish. Lots of folks get an opportunity, but stumble. It is up to Adam to bring it for a performance that nobody forgets and that will have nothing to do with the biopic or coat tails. It will be his moment (independent of the biopic) and Brian and Roger's moment. What has gone on in the past or the biopic has zero to do with that moment. It is on the band to bring and make it something people don't soon forget. I figure Brian and Roger and Adam will definitely be able to create an amazing moment in Oscar history! I think they will sing a short medley of 2-3 songs including parts of BR.


If you say that you aren't counting on the biopic to do anything for AL. Brian and Roger are giving AL a chance to sng at the Oscars that he would not have likely had otherwise, however.
Brian and Roger at the Oscars will be way more important than AL singing what is likely to be another cover/s of Queen song/s that he has likely done before. Win or lose, Brian and Roger and Freddie and John is what is very important this year Oscars, not AL, sorry. Like heck it is AL's moment and like heck it is up to AL who I doubt will or has much input as to what Brian and Roger decide to perform at the Oscars. I imagine as usual, time will be tight, even without a host. I'd rather one complete song than a medley after thinking about it more. I also imagine it could be hard to pick one song. Bohemian Rhapsody is the most likely choice for it.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is like Sisyphus here, destined to push a rock up the mountainside. He's on the wrong side of the slope. Unfortunately, no matter how great (or strong) he is, he will be compared to Freddie. He has the potential to fall short in the eyes of the public even if he sings it better. It's gonna be hard for him to have "a moment". But at the same time, he gets to open the Oscars with a couple remaining members of Queen, so in that respect he's been thrust into a great spotlight, one of envy for many. Good luck, Adam.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 05:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, why don't we just forget about Adam and just have Freddie sing from the Great Beyond? I think that is probably the only thing that would ever make you happy. Then we could do a Hologram of John, who doesn't care enough to join in, but he should also be remembered!! I can see why having Freddie take some part in BR is entirely appropriate to this because of the biopic. But other bands who have different singers, musicians, etc, when folks have died or been replaced, don't have constant reminders of the missing band mates. At some point enough is enough is they are moving into future concerts. I will concede the point here, but it gets a little stale at some point. QAL always remembers Freddie, but it seems it is never enough for you.

I don't know how many concerts you have listened to lately, but if the lead singer doesn't bring it and sings like crap, the performance will be a dud no matter how brilliant the musicians and back up vocals are. Of course Brian and Roger make all the decisions but I am sure Adam has input after all this time and it will be how well Adam sings that will determine how the performance is judged. For me you can leave John totally out of it. He has the choice to attend if he wishes. This is Adam's moment to shine regardless of what you think. That performance will sink or swim depending on his singing and showmanship. The biopic won't help a bit, if Adam doesn't shine in that performance but I know he will! QAL is amazing and many more folks here in the US will realize that after this performance. I am sure it will be one of the big moment's in Roger's and Brian's life, not just singing another Queen cover for them. You are amazingly dismissive sometimes. You know, everything isn't always about Freddie at this point either. There is a lot more to Queen than just Freddie, although that is not the case for you. This is an important moment in

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam's life also, although I know you could care less. But there are many people who do realize the importance for him and are rooting for Adam. I am sure Brian and Roger are also rooting for him as I know they would also like him to be successful. They have been nothing but great friends to him and they are also appreciative of what he brings to the table. They are not as dismissive as you are, luckily. This will be a big night in a lot of people's lives. All the other singers of the big songs are hoping to have a breakout evening. I am not sure what is so awful about that.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, why don't we just forget about Adam and just have Freddie sing from the Great Beyond? I think that is probably the only thing that would ever make you happy. Then we could do a Hologram of John, who doesn't care enough to join in, but he should also be remembered!! I can see why having Freddie take some part in BR is entirely appropriate to this because of the biopic. But other bands who have different singers, musicians, etc, when folks have died or been replaced, don't have constant reminders of the missing band mates. At some point enough is enough is they are moving into future concerts. I will concede the point here, but it gets a little stale at some point. QAL always remembers Freddie, but it seems it is never enough for you.

I don't know how many concerts you have listened to lately, but if the lead singer doesn't bring it and sings like crap, the performance will be a dud no matter how brilliant the musicians and back up vocals are. Of course Brian and Roger make all the decisions but I am sure Adam has input after all this time and it will be how well Adam sings that will determine how the performance is judged. For me you can leave John totally out of it. He has the choice to attend if he wishes. This is Adam's moment to shine regardless of what you think. That performance will sink or swim depending on his singing and showmanship. The biopic won't help a bit, if Adam doesn't shine in that performance but I know he will! QAL is amazing and many more folks here in the US will realize that after this performance. I am sure it will be one of the big moment's in Roger's and Brian's life, not just singing another Queen cover for them. You are amazingly dismissive sometimes. You know, everything isn't always about Freddie at this point either. There is a lot more to Queen than just Freddie, although that is not the case for you. This is an important moment in


For someone who has claimed to have read my posts for years, you sure get things wrong enough times. Freddie singing from the great beyond...really now? It would be nice if his vocals was included in what Brian and Roger decide to perform. Even having his vocals at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody if that song was picked to play at the Oscars would be a nice touch. Since Freddie wrote the song and it's the title of the biopic, you know. Sheesh, I can't believe what I have to explain to you today/, tonight.
I don't like holograms by the way. I've said more than once I think it's tacky. But a little montage wouldn't hurt, well except for the AL fans who might think takes away from AL.
No, the Oscars aren't AL's time to shine. It's not even his music that he will be singing. The biopic is about Freddie nand Queen, the focus should be about that and not AL.
You know AL will shine do you? Let's wait to what he does and how it's pulled off. And most importantly let's not forget that it's Freddie's and Queen's history and music that matters most of all . Freddie deserves to be recongised, but that doesn't mean I think he is the only one who matters in Queen.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’d actually prefer Marc Martel here, especially if they’re gonna sing bo rhap. He deserves it, since they did actually use his voice in the movie.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Every performance at a big event is a huge deal in the life of the performer. Why do you think Gaga gets more and more outrageous at her performances? She is looking for a grand slam that will catapult her career ever higher. Every performer is thinking about that. This is a moment for Adam which doesn't take away from Freddie or the biopic or anything else. But he is a performer also and this is a big moment for him, for Roger and Brian and for all their fans who all want them to be hugely successful in that performance. This is a first for Brian and Roger also and they seem over the moon about it!! Let it be about someone besides Freddie for just a couple minutes. That would be a refreshing change of pace.