Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam Lambert — Part 2

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Adam's life also, although I know you could care less. But there are many people who do realize the importance for him and are rooting for Adam. I am sure Brian and Roger are also rooting for him as I know they would also like him to be successful. They have been nothing but great friends to him and they are also appreciative of what he brings to the table. They are not as dismissive as you are, luckily. This will be a big night in a lot of people's lives. All the other singers of the big songs are hoping to have a breakout evening. I am not sure what is so awful about that.


How is it important for AL? Because without Brian and Roger and the Queen legacy, it's unlikely AL would ever have a chance to perform his solo music on the Oscar stage.
The Oscars is important more for Queen than it for AL. It's not his music, not his biopic simply put. Going by your recent posts here, it's obvious you think AL should even come before Freddie, the biopic, more than anything else. All AL will do is sing some songs/s he has likely sang before. The biopic and the Queen legacy is more important, as it should be.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Every performance at a big event is a huge deal in the life of the performer. Why do you think Gaga gets more and more outrageous at her performances? She is looking for a grand slam that will catapult her career ever higher. Every performer is thinking about that. This is a moment for Adam which doesn't take away from Freddie or the biopic or anything else. But he is a performer also and this is a big moment for him, for Roger and Brian and for all their fans who all want them to be hugely successful in that performance. This is a first for Brian and Roger also and they seem over the moon about it!! Let it be about someone besides Freddie for just a couple minutes. That would be a refreshing change of pace.


GaGa is groundbreaking. AL, not so much.
The biopic is about Freddie, do you seriously not understand that? If Freddie and his legacy once again bothers you, I will say again, Queen boards aren't for you. It would be a refreshing change of pace if some Glamberts were not so easily offended, insulted, and entitled...that's how you are coming across here today/tonight. From the looks of things you want AL to get the glory at the Oscars.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

I’d actually prefer Marc Martel here, especially if they’re gonna sing bo rhap. He deserves it, since they did actually use his voice in the movie.


I noticed earlier today AL started to follow MM.
I don't expect MM to perform though at the Oscars. But if he did...I don't know how I'd feel.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a more skilled singer especially in mix voice, but it’s hard to deny Marc Martel has the voice for queen songs. He does a pretty good Nessun Dorma as well.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, I thought Brian set the record straight that they did not use Marc’s vocals for the movie and that it was all Freddie.



rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They used Marc for the Happy Birthday, Love of My Life and smile Audtion, the rest was Freddie - according to the sound editor guys it was 99% Freddie. I've no doubt they recorded far more of Marc but it likely ended up on the cutting room floor. http://variety.com/2019/artisans/news/queen-freddie-mercury-1203131746-1203131746/


Puzzled why Adam would follow Marc since Marc doesn't follow either Roger, Brian or Queen anymore and they don't follow him.

I personally see no reason he would be singing with them at the Oscars, Adam is their current singer for the last 7 years and IMO they wouldn't appear with Marc instead that would be weird and not make sense he was just a hired soundalike and if it hadn't been him they'd have found someone else.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Adam's life also, although I know you could care less. But there are many people who do realize the importance for him and are rooting for Adam. I am sure Brian and Roger are also rooting for him as I know they would also like him to be successful. They have been nothing but great friends to him and they are also appreciative of what he brings to the table. They are not as dismissive as you are, luckily. This will be a big night in a lot of people's lives. All the other singers of the big songs are hoping to have a breakout evening. I am not sure what is so awful about that.


Despite what some people think Adam gets lots of opportunities away from Queen, the Elvis tribute in the company of big names, the Cher tribute etc, he's far more respected in the industry than some people like to imagine and it's likely the reason he gets no stick from the media about singing with Queen +, they would have eaten him alive if he couldn't cut it but instead they talk about him as an equal and often mention him as a solo artist first before tagging on the "current frontman for Queen" moniker so I wouldn't worry about a few people's perceptions, they aren't shared out in the wider world.




SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic, thanks for posting that variety.com article. I hadn’t seen it before. I can see they were more than worthy of a nomination for sound mixing and I hope they win.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, for you the band and the world is only here to pay homage to Freddie. If you can't even understand why an Oscar performance is a big deal to any singer, regardless of whose music it is, then there is not point in saying anything else. It is totally useless.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, for you the band and the world is only here to pay homage to Freddie. If you can't even understand why an Oscar performance is a big deal to any singer, regardless of whose music it is, then there is not point in saying anything else. It is totally useless.


How do you twist things that I've never even posted? I truly don't think you realise how legendary Freddie and Queen truly were.
It would be nice if Freddie and John was somehow included in whatever Q+AL decides to perform. Do you think that's wrong or something? Or do you want all the attention for AL since you think it's AL's time to shine as you put it?


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everything you write on here is about how wonderful Freddie is and how he always should get more acclaim, more notice, more mentions in the show, etc, etc. Then sometimes you add in John. In all of that there is never really much mention of Roger and Brian. And, of course, Adam is a nobody who definitely shouldn't even be mentioned. You say, "Why would this performance be important to them as the biopic is about Freddie { what exactly are Brian and Roger, are they not also a big part?- (you did state yesterday again that the biopic is about Freddie for the umpteenth time), and it is just a cover Adam will sing so basically who cares?"} I bet Roger and Brian care a damn lot about their performance, maybe as much or more as the film winning the Oscar! They are performers, consummate musicians that get one of the biggest platforms there is. If you don't think that gets their juices flowing, you have another think coming. Adam is a huge part as to whether or not that will be successful. It could be a huge help for his future success. They are in the here and now, not in the great beyond, so this whole Oscar performance is extremely important to the 3 main members of QAL. They have gone forward with their lives and will be looking to the future. Roger and Brian want to be successful in this endeavor as much as Adam. It is a matter of pride to them and they want to show the world what they still have as musicians, that Queen is still pertinent to 2019. At this point I doubt Freddie is uppermost in their minds. They just want to give a killer performance that will set twitter blazing.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Everything you write on here is about how wonderful Freddie is and how he always should get more acclaim, more notice, more mentions in the show, etc, etc. Then sometimes you add in John. In all of that there is never really much mention of Roger and Brian. And, of course, Adam is a nobody who definitely shouldn't even be mentioned. You say, "Why would this performance be important to them as the biopic is about Freddie { what exactly are Brian and Roger, are they not also a big part?- (you did state yesterday again that the biopic is about Freddie for the umpteenth time), and it is just a cover Adam will sing so basically who cares?"} I bet Roger and Brian care a damn lot about their performance, maybe as much or more as the film winning the Oscar! They are performers, consummate musicians that get one of the biggest platforms there is. If you don't think that gets their juices flowing, you have another think coming. Adam is a huge part as to whether or not that will be successful. It could be a huge help for his future success. They are in the here and now, not in the great beyond, so this whole Oscar performance is extremely important to the 3 main members of QAL. They have gone forward with their lives and will be looking to the future. Roger and Brian want to be successful in this endeavor as much as Adam. It is a matter of pride to them and they want to show the world what they still have as musicians, that Queen is still pertinent to 2019. At this point I doubt Freddie is uppermost in their minds. They just want to give a killer performance that will set twitter blazing.


Oh I see. It clearly bothers you that I think Freddie and John should be shown more. You must be worried it might take away from AL or something. All you are proving, is that you are bitter to the legacy of Freddie and that AL is the most important person for you. It might help AL and his future success? The biopic and the Oscars are not about AL. Not even about Q+AL.
So Q+AL want to give a performance just to get Twitter blazing? That's all that matters is it? No, I don't think that way for a second. Get the Glamberts chatting about his hair, what he will be wearing, instead of what should be about Freddie and Queen.
You make it obvious that you feel AL is more important than the Queen legacy and Freddie's legacy. Hate to break it to you, AL isn't that important this time around. No matter if the biopic wins what it's nominated for, people will be speaking about Freddie and Queen.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will be shocked if the opening of the Oscars is anything more than an outstanding performance of Bohemian Rhapsody where they will be able to show the opera portion with all four original members and because the biopic is about Freddie, they will have the image of Freddie at the end singing “any way the wind blows.” That is enough to bring the house down with a standing ovation I would imagine!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I will be shocked if the opening of the Oscars is anything more than an outstanding performance of Bohemian Rhapsody where they will be able to show the opera portion with all four original members and because the biopic is about Freddie, they will have the image of Freddie at the end singing “any way the wind blows.” That is enough to bring the house down with a standing ovation I would imagine!


So you would just have Freddie's vocals for that one line? How very generous of you *sarcasm*.
Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the best known Queen songs, if not the best known.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are so filled with malice, Icy, that it is not even funny. You can not, will not appreciate anything that is not Feddie centric and since he has not been with us for close to 30 years, that means you don't give a crap about anything since that point. Hate to break it to you, but that performance is really important to Brian and Roger and Adam and that is basically all I care about at this point. This has nothing to do with Queen's or Freddies's legacy. This has to do with QAL and how they appear to the rest of the world. After a phenomenal performance people will also be talking about QAL and thinking of seeing them in the future at a concert and buying Queen's and Adam's music. You know most people in the viewing audience in the US will never have seen Freddie in concert. What they will remember is this performance because it may well be the only one they will ever see. People only remember what they see on TV and they don't go for the backstory or any of that any more. So, If Brian and Roger and Adam do a super job, that will be the take away for the general viewing audience, not what Freddie's legacy is. The majority of the American viewing audience could care less.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 20:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You are so filled with malice, Icy, that it is not even funny. You can not, will not appreciate anything that is not Feddie centric and since he has not been with us for close to 30 years, that means you don't give a crap about anything since that point. Hate to break it to you, but that performance is really important to Brian and Roger and Adam and that is basically all I care about at this point. This has nothing to do with Queen's or Freddies's legacy. This has to do with QAL and how they appear to the rest of the world. After a phenomenal performance people will also be talking about QAL and thinking of seeing them in the future at a concert and buying Queen's and Adam's music. You know most people in the viewing audience in the US will never have seen Freddie in concert. What they will remember is this performance because it may well be the only one they will ever see. People only remember what they see on TV and they don't go for the backstory or any of that any more. So, If Brian and Roger and Adam do a super job, that will be the take away for the general viewing audience, not what Freddie's legacy is. The majority of the American viewing audience could care less.


I'm filled with malice you say? You, who hates there mere mention of Freddie, a bit hypocritical of you to call me out don't you think.
For you everything and anything must be about AL. How selfish and entitled you are coming across. The Oscars you said are AL's time to shine, sure let's just forget about Freddie, Queen, the biopic to make it all about Lambert, shall we? Get over yourself.
You don't get to say how a viewing audience would feel. I guess you have your hopes and fantasies set on AL being what people will remember and be talking about. Like I always thought, it's AL that matters the most for you. If not for Freddie and Queen, he would be very unlikely to perform at the Oscars at all. I think deep down you know that. Turn your rage on me once again because you didn't get a joke yesterday, and you want AL to get attention because he will perform at the Oscars. Do you have a thought about hoping the biopic and or Rami wins, or the biopic itself? Apparently you dont, same goes for Freddie and Queen. You can't be bothered.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You just twist everything around, Icy. I love Queen and greatly appreciate Freddie's talent. I am sure there will be a lot of accolades for the biopic which they deserve. Freddie will be highlighted in the performance just like they always do. The band always references him in a tasteful way. I sincerely hope Rami wins, he deserves it. But I think the performance is also important to the members of QAL and you refuse to see that point. It is you being selfish, entitled and hypocritical, all the things you are calling me. Nobody is forgetting Freddie, least of all me, but there is another side to the evening. That is also important and yes, it is important to Adam. How that detracts from the wonder that is Freddie, I don't know. There is plenty to go around for everybody, but you can't see that. Every little thing that is not about Freddie is upsetting to you. I find that really sad. I am done discussing thissince you just will not see any other side but your own. To me all of it is important.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Freddie and John are in the opera section of Bo Rhap that everyone loves. I think it wiil be enough unless Ken Erlich decides to have Freddie’s ghost dance across the stage!!!!!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You just twist everything around, Icy. I love Queen and greatly appreciate Freddie's talent. I am sure there will be a lot of accolades for the biopic which they deserve. Freddie will be highlighted in the performance just like they always do. The band always references him in a tasteful way. I sincerely hope Rami wins, he deserves it. But I think the performance is also important to the members of QAL and you refuse to see that point. It is you being selfish, entitled and hypocritical, all the things you are calling me. Nobody is forgetting Freddie, least of all me, but there is another side to the evening. That is also important and yes, it is important to Adam. How that detracts from the wonder that is Freddie, I don't know. There is plenty to go around for everybody, but you can't see that. Every little thing that is not about Freddie is upsetting to you. I find that really sad. I am done discussing thissince you just will not see any other side but your own. To me all of it is important.


If you say you love Queen and great appreciate Freddie's talent. You make it seem so bad that I'd like a little more of Freddie and John being shown at the Oscars, because it's their music and history too. Way more of their history and music than AL's.
Are you sure Freddie will be highlighted? I'm not, because at this point I don't know what Brian and Roger will decide to perform and how given the time limits.
The Oscars are more important for Queen than it is for AL, that's a fact. It's not AL's history, not his music,not his life up there.
I hope Rami wins too. The biopic might not win, but either way I am happily surprised how things have gone this far regarding nthe biopic. It honestly did better than I ever thought it would. I'm sure if Rami wins, he will give another heartfelt speech.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Both Freddie and John are in the opera section of Bo Rhap that everyone loves. I think it wiil be enough unless Ken Erlich decides to have Freddie’s ghost dance across the stage!!!!!



Of course you think that will be 'enough'. Because you are hardly a Queen or Freddie fan in the first place, and you want all the attention for AL, it's obvious. The selfishness some here are showing and on a Queen board no less, staggering.
Freddie's ghost dancing across the stage. Once again, you like to gloat Freddie's no longer here in the worst way possible. Freddie never even danced around the stage during Queen shows. Goes to show once again, you know next to nothing about the guy.