Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam Lambert — Part 2

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 19, 22:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correction: “Magical Voice” not “Magic Voice”

Comparing the birth charts of Adam, Celine and Whitney



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Correction: “Magical Voice” not “Magic Voice”

Comparing the birth charts of Adam, Celine and Whitney


Eh?
Comparing birth charts now? Why?

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because someone is into astrology and wanted to write an article about it. You can't look at birth charts and see how the predictions have turned out until a person is further on in life. You can predict at birth, but not be validated with your prediction until you can assess how a person's life has turned out.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Because someone is into astrology and wanted to write an article about it. You can't look at birth charts and see how the predictions have turned out until a person is further on in life. You can predict at birth, but not be validated with your prediction until you can assess how a person's life has turned out.


Who is into astrology? Sweetcaroline? There was no link to any article about it.
Personally, I think astrology is a bunch of hogwash.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I posted the link previously but here it is again;

“Adam Lambert Magical Voice”

http://m.imgur.com/a/mQ6RxkW

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I posted the link previously but here it is again;

“Adam Lambert Magical Voice”

http://m.imgur.com/a/mQ6RxkW>

I missed it the first time, apologies for that. But it's from 2015, and I still think it's hogwash about astrology.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just posted on Twitter — Adam Lambert, New Year’s Eve, 2013:

http://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6tTMYPmDBkKddeZ3VI5EI4GZ0t8DjEEU

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 19, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He looks so much younger there!! WoW!! I had forgotten about Naked Love. That was one of my favorites even though it wasn't a ballad with lots of high notes that I am normally a fan of! My daughter-in-law had heard his CD and that was her pick for the best song that could do well for him. It was catchy and I loved the lyrics, but I guess it wasn't something a gay guy could sing from snippets I had read, just like Underneath. Had any boy band or other person sung Naked Love, I do think it could have been a big hit Adam just missed out on the "anything a gay guy sings is now OK"' period of time. I also thought Fever could have been a huge hit, but Adam wouldn't sing it with "She". So, Icy, I do think his career has been affected by homophobia, even though you always say it isn't true. With Adam I feel it has been the case. He also is more of an in your face kind of gay man so that he can't get away with things like a milk toast Sam Smith can, although Sam is starting to "feel" it and coming out with interesting statements about his sexuality. That is the other part of the equation that hurt Adam. I forget how many of Adam's songs I really did like. He was ahead of the train with the Trespassing album and songs like Shady that others like Bruno Mars and Nile Rogers came out with in the same style after that. Avici never released his song with Adam as a song that went to Billboard and it was one of the best. I loved Lay Me Down. Adam's career has had a lot of near misses, so I hope this time around he hits it right on target. He deserves it after all these years of working so hard. I really hope his new song on the Play Mobil movie will be popular. Can't wait to hear that one. I know that If I had been choosing Adam's songs, I would not have picked any of them and I really dislike WDYWFM.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

He looks so much younger there!! WoW!! I had forgotten about Naked Love. That was one of my favorites even though it wasn't a ballad with lots of high notes that I am normally a fan of! My daughter-in-law had heard his CD and that was her pick for the best song that could do well for him. It was catchy and I loved the lyrics, but I guess it wasn't something a gay guy could sing from snippets I had read, just like Underneath. Had any boy band or other person sung Naked Love, I do think it could have been a big hit Adam just missed out on the "anything a gay guy sings is now OK"' period of time. I also thought Fever could have been a huge hit, but Adam wouldn't sing it with "She". So, Icy, I do think his career has been affected by homophobia, even though you always say it isn't true. With Adam I feel it has been the case. He also is more of an in your face kind of gay man so that he can't get away with things like a milk toast Sam Smith can, although Sam is starting to "feel" it and coming out with interesting statements about his sexuality. That is the other part of the equation that hurt Adam. I forget how many of Adam's songs I really did like. He was ahead of the train with the Trespassing album and songs like Shady that others like Bruno Mars and Nile Rogers came out with in the same style after that. Avici never released his song with Adam as a song that went to Billboard and it was one of the best. I loved Lay Me Down. Adam's career has had a lot of near misses, so I hope this time around he hits it right on target. He deserves it after all these years of working so hard. I really hope his new song on the Play Mobil movie will be popular. Can't wait to hear that one. I know that If I had been choosing Adam's songs, I would not have picked any of them and I really dislike WDYWFM.


I will never believe that homophobia has hurt AL in the ways it has been claimed by some of his fans. All of the excuses that some have of his fans have gave has actually hurt him more than helped him, IMO. That's as plain and as simple as I can put it.
Not meaning to argue with you, busy couple of weeks, my dad took a turn for the worse, so I've barely been here. Actually just got back from visiting him in the hospital.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry about your Dad, icy. Take care!

Sorry but just think if Adam were straight what a whole different life he would have had. I don’t think he would have needed American Idol to get noticed. Like Paula said, he should have been snatched up way before 2009.

But ........ on the other hand, he might have been like Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise, married and divorced several times!

I just played my recording of the Oscars opening again and it really is outstanding!

Our cousins in Pennsylvania finally watched the Bohemian Rhapsody movie today thru Amazon and are on Facebook raving about it.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am not sure how fans believing something hurts the artist. Most people are not reading blogs and forums and wouldn't have a clue about any of this. You have to be pretty hard core to know these things and it is only discussed in places like here or Adamtopia. I firmly believe if Adam had been straight his career would have be entirely different and it started with that disastrous AMA performance where the initial homophobia raised. It only continued from there. Not everything has been due to that, some of it was just wrong timing or wrong choices, but homophobia played a good part in the problems in the beginning, even prior to the AMA's. It was apparent in his outing on the show by Bill O'Reilly and the questions he had to endure about it. He lost lots and lots of fans after they realized he was gay. It was a shame, but even 10 years ago viewpoints on homosexuality were not nearly as progressive as now and Idol had a rather conservative audience. If he had done that AMA performance today, most people would not bat an eye, but he got cancelled on a show the following week and pretty much was not on mainstream TV for a long time. This is the first year he has had any big performances like the Kennedy, Elvis and Oscar shows. Adam himself has said that he thought his career was gone after the AMA's and that was due to homophobia, so I don't know how you can think there were no such issues for him along the way. Freddie wasn't the only one with gay issues, although his problems were much more severe due to the time period.

So sorry to hear about your dad. I have wondered if things were problematic since you haven't been posting. I am sending out lots of good thoughts for both you and your dad and will add him to my prayers! Take care of him and yourself!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I am not sure how fans believing something hurts the artist. Most people are not reading blogs and forums and wouldn't have a clue about any of this. You have to be pretty hard core to know these things and it is only discussed in places like here or Adamtopia. I firmly believe if Adam had been straight his career would have be entirely different and it started with that disastrous AMA performance where the initial homophobia raised. It only continued from there. Not everything has been due to that, some of it was just wrong timing or wrong choices, but homophobia played a good part in the problems in the beginning, even prior to the AMA's. It was apparent in his outing on the show by Bill O'Reilly and the questions he had to endure about it. He lost lots and lots of fans after they realized he was gay. It was a shame, but even 10 years ago viewpoints on homosexuality were not nearly as progressive as now and Idol had a rather conservative audience. If he had done that AMA performance today, most people would not bat an eye, but he got cancelled on a show the following week and pretty much was not on mainstream TV for a long time. This is the first year he has had any big performances like the Kennedy, Elvis and Oscar shows. Adam himself has said that he thought his career was gone after the AMA's and that was due to homophobia, so I don't know how you can think there were no such issues for him along the way. Freddie wasn't the only one with gay issues, although his problems were much more severe due to the time period.

So sorry to hear about your dad. I have wondered if things were problematic since you haven't been posting. I am sending out lots of good thoughts for both you and your dad and will add him to my prayers! Take care of him and yourself!!


It can hurt an artist. I've read everything from homophobia to payola that some believe hurt AL's career, a poster here has come up with many excuses, so many excuses, it's unreal at this point.
As for the AMA same sex kiss that AL did, who knows what would have happened if AL didn't do the same sex kiss. It was done spur of the moment for shock value...what was done, is done. And I honestly think he has moved on from that now.
As for him getting major appearances, sure, but with those three events, it was to sing cover songs and not his own music.
Other male gay artists have had crap ( to put it mlidly ) thrown at them too, Freddie, Elton John, George Michael are three men who truly had it worse than AL ever did frankly. The tabloids hounded Freddie when he was very ill and even on his death bed. Tabloids spread rumors about Elton John which could have ended his career, he was right to sue about it. Horrific and heartbreaking to think about even now what Freddie and Elton John went through. And I will always feel that way about it.
Thanks genuinely for your well wishes for my dad. It's sad... actually fkn depressing and fkn scary as hell going through this. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I'm going to give him your well wishes tomorrow when I go visit him, every little bit helps <3. I hope you are doing well these days.
I got to try to sleep because I'm in desperate need of sleep.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 811 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 811 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly, It wasn't the same-sex kiss that did Adam in. It was when he pushed the head of the male dancer into his crotch. Most watching thought Tommy (the guy Adam kissed) was a girl anyway.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

Iron Butterfly, It wasn't the same-sex kiss that did Adam in. It was when he pushed the head of the male dancer into his crotch. Most watching thought Tommy (the guy Adam kissed) was a girl anyway.


I recall the kiss getting more attention than the crotch...erm thing.
Really most thought Tommy was a girl? Say what? First I'm hearing about that.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never saw this before:

http://youtu.be/RLuQFw66658

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Mar 19, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“#TBT #ThrowbackThursday #TOH #TheOriginalHigh #AdamLambert God, how I love this LIVE performance of this song! Totally slays that high note, love the swagger & that beautiful smile at the end... TOH should have been a single, imo. It’s so, so good!”

http://youtu.be/Y-niIupAOxk

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 19, 04:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Updated stats .....

http://sway.office.com/BW5AfJlIDYXnGKgR?ref=Twitter

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 19, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember this day well .....

“@Belle I made this in celebration of TEN amazing yrs since i first set eyes on this incredible talented guy. March 22 2009 #Idol #Ringoffire #Uk Without him I wouldn't have travelled so far or made so many friends. Thank you Adam @adamlambert“

Ring Of Fire was the first Adam performance that knocked my socks off!