Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Freddie vs Adam on you tube

forum rss feed
Author

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last night I was strugguling to get to sleep so I decided to watch some of Freddie's performances on you tube."sheer heart attack" in paris.Plus "Dragon Attack" and "Somebody to love " from Milton Keynes.The way Freddie took the stage by storm was all over the stage ,pushing Moniters not in use even throwing his half Mic over the the top of poor Rogers head!A fantastic singer and showman at the very top of his game.I then watched two songs with Adam out front.He shuffled around the stage with his red fur coat on ,no stage craft and no effort at all.Hiis voice all over the place ,wiggling his ass for the glamberts.It made me feel very sad to watch this and what Brian and Roger see in him I don't know,oter than he is an American and has got interest in Queen back over the pond. I also noticed at the Bafta's on Sunday.There were quite a few Queen fans waiting for autographs from Brian and Roger.Brian walked up the red carpet with Anita and totally blanked the waiting fans.Roger signed about 4 autographs,They seem to have forgotten the fans gave them all that they have.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is your opinion, which is you are totally entitled to. I have seen them twice live and that is not my impression at all. The audience is electric and everyone is cheering and singing and laughing when Adam's antics are just silly. He does it on purpose for a few of the songs and then he laughs, because he knows it was silly, and the audience laughs with him. Dragon Attack is not one of my favs, check out WWTLF, IWBTLY form the Asian tour or UP, as those are more serious and show his vocal prowess and the audience interaction in IWBTLY. I wish he would sing that one here. He has a different vibe than Freddie on Killer Queen, Dragon Attack, Bicycle and you either like it or you don't. The audience gets a great laugh over the "quirky, silly" part of the show.
He isn't Freddie and that is what Brian and Roger wanted in a frontman and that is what they got.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Adam imitated Freddie running all over the stage, philip storey would complain that he is a copycat and not being original.

Also, he wore that red fur coat 7 years ago and has become more comfortable since.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Brian in my opinion has became very arrogant to the point that he forgets it was us the ardent Queen fans of the last 30 years that made him rich and
he conveniently forgets that.
Adam is a complete joke for Queen although on his own he would do well.
No one fits Queen other that Freddie because Queen was his creation alone.
Freddie had the vision and the determination to make the band work.
I have often done what you have done Philip by watching ten minutes of Freddie then Adam and i immediately see Queen now look ridiculous and lost
and Adam has made Queen look trashy and a total dogs dinner.
What the hell people see in this weird combo i just do not know, the world has gone mad.
Freddie is still the king of Queen.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Last night I was strugguling to get to sleep so I decided to watch some of Freddie's performances on you tube."sheer heart attack" in paris.Plus "Dragon Attack" and "Somebody to love " from Milton Keynes.The way Freddie took the stage by storm was all over the stage ,pushing Moniters not in use even throwing his half Mic over the the top of poor Rogers head!A fantastic singer and showman at the very top of his game.I then watched two songs with Adam out front.He shuffled around the stage with his red fur coat on ,no stage craft and no effort at all.Hiis voice all over the place ,wiggling his ass for the glamberts.It made me feel very sad to watch this and what Brian and Roger see in him I don't know,oter than he is an American and has got interest in Queen back over the pond. I also noticed at the Bafta's on Sunday.There were quite a few Queen fans waiting for autographs from Brian and Roger.Brian walked up the red carpet with Anita and totally blanked the waiting fans.Roger signed about 4 autographs,They seem to have forgotten the fans gave them all that they have.


That show with the red fur jacket was back in 2012, hardly comparable with their later shows.

http://youtu.be/bc-AmpIVJWM?t=46




rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Clarity wrote:

Yes Brian in my opinion has became very arrogant to the point that he forgets it was us the ardent Queen fans of the last 30 years that made him rich and
he conveniently forgets that.
Adam is a complete joke for Queen although on his own he would do well.
No one fits Queen other that Freddie because Queen was his creation alone.
Freddie had the vision and the determination to make the band work.
I have often done what you have done Philip by watching ten minutes of Freddie then Adam and i immediately see Queen now look ridiculous and lost
and Adam has made Queen look trashy and a total dogs dinner.
What the hell people see in this weird combo i just do not know, the world has gone mad.
Freddie is still the king of Queen.


Sorry Gezzer but you're still talking utter bull.



Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:
. . . . I also noticed at the Bafta's on Sunday.There were quite a few Queen fans waiting for autographs from Brian and Roger.Brian walked up the red carpet with Anita and totally blanked the waiting fans.Roger signed about 4 autographs,They seem to have forgotten the fans gave them all that they have.


The fans in Auckland a couple of years ago who Brian signed autographs for and posed for photos with wouldn't agree with you.

Brian is one of the most approachable rock stars and usually always finds time to talk, if he was with Anita on a red carpet with lots of press etc he wouldn't play Mr Rock star and leave her standing there like a spare part.



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

philip storey wrote:
. . . . I also noticed at the Bafta's on Sunday.There were quite a few Queen fans waiting for autographs from Brian and Roger.Brian walked up the red carpet with Anita and totally blanked the waiting fans.Roger signed about 4 autographs,They seem to have forgotten the fans gave them all that they have.


The fans in Auckland a couple of years ago who Brian signed autographs for and posed for photos with wouldn't agree with you.

Brian is one of the most approachable rock stars and usually always finds time to talk, if he was with Anita on a red carpet with lots of press etc he wouldn't play Mr Rock star and leave her standing there like a spare part.



Yeah exactly. A group of Adam's fans were at the shows in Vegas and sat in the lobby of the hotel when Brian was walking through, he went over and sat down and talked with them for around 20mins, took photo's with them and answered lots of questions, they were thrilled and said he was so down to earth and sweet. I've read plenty comments from people who've met him in various places who all say he's really approachable but like anyone there must be times where he's just not able to stop and sign things etc for whatever reason.


SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 21:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Clarity, go to a QAL show when it comes near you — guaranteed to blow your mind!



philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have seen QAL show and when AL got on his little bike I felt embarrassed he looked pathetic,his vocal range is awful,he has not one bit of stage presence.He is overweight which could be the reason that he does not move around the stage.When Freddie came of stage sweat was dripping from him,he had given every last drop of energy.Most of you AL fans have no idea of the history of the band and what they were in their prime,go on AL's sites as you can thenkiss his ass at your pleasure.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously you couldn't have been at a show or you would know that Adam has a tremendous range. You must have seen someone else singing, not Adam. In fact Brian May has said that Adam's actual live singing range is more than Freddie's, as Freddie could sing some of those notes in the studio, but could not do it singing live. I just saw that remark in an interview with Brian the other day. You can hop over to the Freddie threads and do all the ass kissing that you like there. It is not needed here on the QAL thread. All of us know and greatly appreciate Freddie, but your remarks are unwarranted on this section of Queenzone.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

I have seen QAL show and when AL got on his little bike I felt embarrassed he looked pathetic,his vocal range is awful,he has not one bit of stage presence.He is overweight which could be the reason that he does not move around the stage.When Freddie came of stage sweat was dripping from him,he had given every last drop of energy.Most of you AL fans have no idea of the history of the band and what they were in their prime,go on AL's sites as you can thenkiss his ass at your pleasure.


Adam has the range to sing in the original key and if you were embarrassed by him that's your issue, most people find it funny. Adam sweats on stage and he's not the least bit fat - maybe if you're comparing him to Freddie who was extremely slim especially in the 70's but not by any normal standards. And FYI I'm a Queen fan since 74 and only know of Adam through his collab with them.



SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 22:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’ve never seen Freddie live, only on DVDs. He moved non-stop, so much so that he was the whole show and pretty much upstaged the other 3 band members.

That was fine back then but Adam has too much admiration and respect for the legends he is performing with now to try to be the whole show.

Too fat? Hmmm, I don’t think he would fit in those tight leather pants if he is fat. He has a big frame, broad shoulders, long legs and moves pretty good for being over 6 feet!



Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline still alive? shit....

Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 652 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline still alive? shit....

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 23:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last night in Vegas, 2018 — I Want It All .....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=EBtEk_22vjA

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Feb 19, 23:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How's Adam's Opera range,song writing ability as for Brian saying Adams hits all the high notes better than Freddie if he said that I find that an awfull remark by Dr May.Freddie is a ledgnd who will never be forgotton.Mr Lambert soon as Queen call it a day he will fade away.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His opera range is way better than Freddie. Check out the Nessun Dorma video from a short while ago on here. His is a true trained tenor and he studied opera. Freddie's technique just was nowhere near as good. Brian is only speaking the truth, so there should be no problem with that. Go listen to Adam's version of Love Kills and compare it to Freddie. There is no comparison, although many may prefer Freddie's more raw, rock version. Adam's is more a ballad and he kills the high notes and it is tremendous. Freddie sings in a staccato fashion with a lot of vibrato, cutting off the notes and he sounds raw and shouty when singing the high notes. Adam hits the high notes beautifully and holds them out so that they soar. They are two entirely different kinds of singers and it is just a matter of what sound do you prefer. But to say that Adam can't sing and has no range is absolutely ridiculous. He will always have a career later on as a voice like that is just going to be singing. He is extremely well respected among people that value a voice. I imagine there will be more and more opportunities for him and he may well be on Broadway where you really have to bring it night in, night out. As long as he can have the fabulous experience of singing with Brian and Roger, singing the best musical catalog ever, to adoring crowds every night, why not? You would have to be a fool not to sing as part of QAL. There is probably almost nothing better than that gig. The three of them love performing together, so that is just the cherry on top!!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://twitter.com/QueenWillRock?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fadamtopia.com%2Fthread%2F5017%2F14-19-happy-valentines-day%3Fpage%3D5

These things never work for me, but this is where to find the interview with Brian. It is down the page on the Queen Will Rock site and it is a pic of Brian and it says Mandela somewhere on that one.

He talks about Adam's voice and Freddie. I wasn't making it up!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’ve never seen Freddie live, only on DVDs. He moved non-stop, so much so that he was the whole show and pretty much upstaged the other 3 band members.

That was fine back then but Adam has too much admiration and respect for the legends he is performing with now to try to be the whole show.

Too fat? Hmmm, I don’t think he would fit in those tight leather pants if he is fat. He has a big frame, broad shoulders, long legs and moves pretty good for being over 6 feet!



Are you implying that Freddie had no respect for Brian, Roger and John?
Because he had respect for them, and vice versa.
You are in such a rush to big up AL, but there is no way Freddie was the whole show back then. Four of the guys made Queen what they were.