Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Freddie vs Adam on you tube

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

Nope i don't notice many except the ones who done on needlessly about Adam. And i stay out of those unless having an opinion on a matter.

This however was a TOPIC about exactly such a thing. Comparing Freddie and Adam.

Whoever started it, it's in the correct forum and it's legit

It's in the correct forum but designed to cause arguments and you seemed to be saying "why compare if you don't want people calling him, implying it was one of Adam's fans that had started the thread as an opportunity to compare, or at least that's how I read your comment - sorry if I misunderstood what you were getting at.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way everything is NOT the Freddie section. There were three others who sang with him and now there is QAL. Some places are more appropriate for certain comments and obsessive posting. As I said, I don't go into the Queen only sections as I am sure it wouldn't be pleasant nor would I want to. I have at least enough sense to stay out of most areas on Queenzone. People who hate Adam could show the same consideration and if they do have a dissenting opinion, it doesn't have to be so nasty and contentious. Not everyone likes the same thing and I am perfectly fine with that. But most people on here don't respect my view point, which is a big problem.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am not keen on the Barclaycard arena as its right in the middle of Birmingham,we went on a Saturday and the traffic was very bad.I prefer the NEC genting arena as its on the outskirts of Birmingham and has better views and facilites for wheelchair users.My favourite arena is at Leeds the seating and views are amazing.My days of going to concerts is over now as I am waiting for several operations on my knees and ankles.But do you know I still dream of going to Knebworth and enjoying the best day of my life and also Milton Keynes.Those of you who enjoy Queen with Adam I hope you enjoy the concerts as much as I did with Freddie.I didn't mean to stir things up so much,just a bit of fun really.Good night ,god bless ,you bunc of tarts !

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 15 Feb 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey, you are one lucky guy that you were an eyewitness to musical history at Knebworth and Milton Keynes. We are happy Brian and Roger still want to share their iconic music with the world.

Best of luck and Godspeed to you in any future surgeries!

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish you well, too! I know how you feel although I can get around alright, just painfully! I have had two hip replacements in under 2 years and am scheduled for a totally unstable left knee replacement in April. I just had my first of 3 gel injections into the right knee so that I will be able to go through rehab once the left knee is replaced. If it doesn't work, I am screwed! I will say that after just one injection it does feel better so I am hoping. I have terrible bones and they are all going at the same time. It isn't fun when you can't get around. Stairs are awful and we have two sets in our house. I count the number of times I go up and down. I can very well imagine what you are feeling and I hope it all turns out well and you will be able to once again get around under your own power!

You know, everyone likes what they like. You are in England and Freddie was your guy, so it makes sense that you like him the very best. I have always loved Queen but being here in the US and stationed all over with the military, I didn't follow them, other than buy their music. There were no youtubes or TV or anything to involve yourself with the band. So my investment in Freddie and Queen is going to be way less than you, Philip. I saw Adam on Idol when I was down caring for my Dad in another state. I did have a lot of time on my hands and was getting used to the internet and Itunes and lots of new things for me. From the get go something resonated with Adam. I loved his voice (high tenor voices that sing classically are my thing) and he seemed like such a nice intelligent young man who was sweet to his mom and family. He also reminded me of my first crush, Elvis!! I have followed him ever since. I see him once on every tour, both his own and QAL. So I am not a super crazy fan, but I do love his voice and have a soft spot in my heart for him. It may tie in to the time I spent at Dad's while watching him, not really sure why. I think some of his own songs are quite good, some not so much, as he could do a lot more with that voice. Queen's music allows him to really go for it when singing and I love that. I hope his new music will be more natural, no EDM and surplus noise over his vocals and just more Queen like. His voice just speaks to me for whatever reason just like Freddie speaks to you. I have no problem with folks who can't stand Adam. I just hate it when such ugly things are said about him as I think he doesn't deserve it. He seems like a lovely young man who has a hard road to walk sometimes with all the hate thrown his way. I do think he has one of the best voices around nowadays. That is my story!! It is a shame Adam is not a songwriter, because nowadays singers only gain cred when they write their own music. Doesn't seem to matter if their voices are horrendous, which I honestly don't get!

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Philip Storey : You have nothing to apologise for because your views are just that "your views" Many millions of Queen fans already know Adam Lambert is nowhere as brilliant as Freddie Mercury and the very few Lambert fans that clog up Queenzone are in the minority so do not worry about that.
Queenzone members are not stupid we all know Lambert is a total embarrassment and a tool and Queen does not exist anymore the name is merely used to get bums on seats.
Four talented men made up Queen (the whole band) 2 Men cannot be called Queen because that is as false as saying Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are still The Beatles.
If you fall for this hype your pockets will be pretty empty soon.
Nice to know you think Freddie is still amazing and Adam is still panto theatrical trash.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

Philip Storey : You have nothing to apologise for because your views are just that "your views" Many millions of Queen fans already know Adam Lambert is nowhere as brilliant as Freddie Mercury and the very few Lambert fans that clog up Queenzone are in the minority so do not worry about that.
Queenzone members are not stupid we all know Lambert is a total embarrassment and a tool and Queen does not exist anymore the name is merely used to get bums on seats.
Four talented men made up Queen (the whole band) 2 Men cannot be called Queen because that is as false as saying Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr are still The Beatles.
If you fall for this hype your pockets will be pretty empty soon.
Nice to know you think Freddie is still amazing and Adam is still panto theatrical trash.

Finally a fitting name for you since you've "switched" names about 10 times in the last month.

The rest of your post aside from the part about "your views are just your views and no need to apologize" is the same BS as usual.

Miracle.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic I will change my name as often as you wipe your arse so belt up.
Adam is not everything like you think he is so you stop all your bullshit on here,
its day in and day out get a life.
Your on an official Queen site not a cheesy Adam site.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

Adam is not everything like you think he is so you stop all your bullshit on here,

But I'm on the QAL part of that Queen site and I think Bri & Roger's opinion of Adam takes precedence over yours.

Change your name as often as you like, I didn't say you shouldn't just remarked how fitting the latest one is. Does puzzle me why someone would want to keep changing usernames though but hey ho like you say it's up to you.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

You're on here so why shouldn't anyone else be here too.

As for "your on an official Queen site". No we're not it has no affiliation with Queen or their record company. It's not an official site, if that's what your looking for go to Queen on line but don't expect the freedom of views there that you have here.

Official site or not this is the Queen+AL section. The clue is AL so that is the subject posted here. It's quite simple if you don't like Queen + AL don't bother visiting this section, don't keep drawing comparisons because that just gets people talking about something you don't like.

You made your views clear some years back we know what you think you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

You keep saying people are entitled to their opinions, that's true we all are but if those opinions don't match your own it doesn't make them less valid

Miracle.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 14:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH Sorry but that reply is trash. This web site was purely created for lovers of Queen Freddie Brian Roger & John.
Adam Lambert fans gatecrashed the site because an AL section of the web site never existed before and have no right to nest here on this web site.
Men rule this Queenzone site and you 3 to 4 silly woman need to move on like gypsies who are not welcome - GO......

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

VH Sorry but that reply is trash. This web site was purely created for lovers of Queen Freddie Brian Roger & John.
Adam Lambert fans gatecrashed the site because an AL section of the web site never existed before and have no right to nest here on this web site.
Men rule this Queenzone site and you 3 to 4 silly woman need to move on like gypsies who are not welcome - GO......

Haha don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you with all your posturing and still it gets you nowhere. For the forseeable Adam is with Queen (or what's left of them) so the section is here to stay and so are we and as VH pointed out if you don't like QAL don't bother reading or posting here, it's quite simple really. Oh and your men rule comment - what about all the guys who like QAL?

Miracle.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 15:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic No guys on here who like Adam so once again your comment is unjustified.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are a very small, tiny, miniscule minority, so we will just ignore and sweep you under the rug. I guess we should just never reply and that would be no fun for you and then maybe you would get the heck of out Dodge Good riddance! You give men a bad name and I don't think you can be included in that category. Real men aren't internet wussies who write crap on the internet. I am sure you are a little pip squeak in real life The only ones you take on are the women who are doing a great job of corralling you. Let's ignore the losers and see how that works out!

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If Freddie were still alive and Brian and Roger chose to tour with Adam instead, I could understand the angst and hatred. Since he is not alive for over 27 years, it is dumb and ridiculous!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

If Freddie were still alive and Brian and Roger chose to tour with Adam instead, I could understand the angst and hatred. Since he is not alive for over 27 years, it is dumb and ridiculous!

So because Freddie is no longer here, that makes everything ok?
I dont think you realize what a shock and sadness it was for Queen fans when Freddie passed away. I've talked to many Queen fans through the years who couldn't believe he passed away for a while.
27 years without Freddie being here, and I can be assured his legacy is still living on. His life, his music, and his courage is still pretty inspirational. I don't think you even realize that since you think AL is the best thing for Queen in the years since Freddie passed away.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

I am not keen on the Barclaycard arena as its right in the middle of Birmingham,we went on a Saturday and the traffic was very bad.I prefer the NEC genting arena as its on the outskirts of Birmingham and has better views and facilites for wheelchair users.My favourite arena is at Leeds the seating and views are amazing.My days of going to concerts is over now as I am waiting for several operations on my knees and ankles.But do you know I still dream of going to Knebworth and enjoying the best day of my life and also Milton Keynes.Those of you who enjoy Queen with Adam I hope you enjoy the concerts as much as I did with Freddie.I didn't mean to stir things up so much,just a bit of fun really.Good night ,god bless ,you bunc of tarts !

Just to say, I know you weren't trying to stir the pot.
I hope your operations and your recovery will go well for you, take care.

Miracle.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SNIFLESE The pip squeak and the wuss been Adam Lambert because he can not survive and make a decent career without Queen . You are such a sad woman idolising this nobody when there is better and bigger musical entertainers around.
You and the other three losers on the AL thread have attracted no more AL supporters in the last six months on Queenzone, because he has none. Many Queenzone people come on here for Queen the original band not the garbage that is Queen+ freak.
Lets sweep you and all your loony AL worshippers under the carpet eh?

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are not many people who have the tenacity to put up with you jerks! Lat time I will reply to you!

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, not trying to be mean or a jerk, but I don't get how someone is still so affected by an event that happened to someone they never knew that many years ago? If that were a friend, I would say, time to get over it and move on. The music lives on, people love it and QAL is a new manifestation of Queen. Living in the past is never a good thing. Doesn't mean you can't love Freddie, but feeling his music should never be played by anyone ever again seems a little much.
YMMV!