Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Freddie vs Adam on you tube

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, not trying to be mean or a jerk, but I don't get how someone is still so affected by an event that happened to someone they never knew that many years ago? If that were a friend, I would say, time to get over it and move on. The music lives on, people love it and QAL is a new manifestation of Queen. Living in the past is never a good thing. Doesn't mean you can't love Freddie, but feeling his music should never be played by anyone ever again seems a little much.
YMMV!

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sniflese You seem to have trouble in answering my questions because you know i talk the truth.
No new Lambert fans on here for at least the last year so that must say something of his popularity on Queenzone alone.
You say we should not live in the past but that is entirely how Adam makes his living from the past from Queens music.
He is not clever enough to write his own material and have massive success with it like Freddie did.
Adam is a cheap Z-lister in the music industry and behind all those freaky clothes is a guy who is basically nothing without Queen music to give him that massive boost.
Your still not justified to look down your nose at us Queen fans because Queen made Adam who he is.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Most people are not going to put up with jerks or nastiness. What is the point if posters have to endure being called vile names and seeing how someone they enjoy as an artist is always vilified. Queen has moved on from the original and is now QAL. They have made the band into something different from what it once was (you people always say it is not the same!) He most definitely doesn't write music, but a lot of people don't. He is a tremendous singer, that is his instrument and strength. That is enough for me. He has plenty of things going on and would have found more, if he hadn't been working with Queen. He will always have a great career even without Queen. There are plenty of things that don't involve touring with Queen. He doesn't wear freaky clothes, just some costumes for the show. Freddie's were actually freakier. Adam is always on the list of the top red carpet looks. He is extremely fashion forward. I can look down my nose at anyone who is rude. Has nothing to do with Queen.

Inspired

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sniflese So at last were getting down to the truth that you think Freddie wore freaky clothes?
You also think Adam would also be offered greater things had he not been approached by Brian May, well you are deranged thinking that.
Adam had not been on the world stages had it not been for Queen and it is Queen that has promoted him for the past ten years without that Adam would be working 9 to 5 somewhere quite boring.
We know you give Freddie very little regard and you think Adam is better well that is your belief but millions upon millions will tell you different lady.

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some of Freddie's fashions in concerts were out there. I have no problem with that, freaky wild clothes are part of a show!! But you people always bring up Adam's costumes and his are not quite as extreme. It seems to be your problem, not mine. Have no clue what Freddie regularly wore, but Adam's are very fashion forward. He always dresses pretty nicely when I see photographs of him. Concert clothes are not normal attire!!

Adam doesn't need to be on world stages. I didn't say that he would have been offered GREATER things than singing with Queen. I doubt anything will top that. I said great things will come his way, meaning nice, good.

Adam would have a career w/o Queen. He toured and earned millions before he hooked up with Queen. He has been on a TV show, doing a movie this year and could sing anywhere in the world. Might not be Queen level, but he would be working and singing. I still think he will wind up with a Broadway show, maybe written for him, since he apparently has had offers. Nope, he wouldn't be working a 9-5 job. Spending as much time with Queen means he puts a lot of things on the back burner, doesn't mean they aren't there. I totally disagree on this one!

I think Freddie was amazing and there will never be another like him. He has had a profound influence on music. But he doesn't fit into the soft spot in my heart, that is where Adam resides. I just love his voice, no matter what he sings. I love him singing with Queen, doesn't mean I can't also love the original.
Millions and millions and millions have seen QAL and almost everyone loves it. You can love two different sides of the coin. I am not one of those all or nothing people.

None of what you are saying about me has any truth to it. See, just assuming things and getting them all wrong!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freaky clothes like these?

http://www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/561401909770786058/

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, not trying to be mean or a jerk, but I don't get how someone is still so affected by an event that happened to someone they never knew that many years ago? If that were a friend, I would say, time to get over it and move on. The music lives on, people love it and QAL is a new manifestation of Queen. Living in the past is never a good thing. Doesn't mean you can't love Freddie, but feeling his music should never be played by anyone ever again seems a little much.
YMMV!

I wasn't a Freddie fan or a Queen fan before Freddie passed away. That doesn't mean I can't miss what he gave to the world. His talent, creativity and courage means allot to me. You think that's affects me, yes it does but not in the way you think.
No, Q+AL isn't a new manifestation of Queen. Nothing ever could be that way for me. Queen was and always will be Freddie, Brian Roger and John for me.
I have never said Freddie's or Queen's music should never be played again by the way.

Iron Butterfly

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 16 Feb 19, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

There are not many people who have the tenacity to put up with you jerks! Lat time I will reply to you!

Which jerks?

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

Rockchic No guys on here who like Adam so once again your comment is unjustified.

You're wrong, but hey you know best.

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switched, runner, the usual suspects!! I do have a question tho, Icy. If you don't have a problem with others singing Queen, why does Adam bother you so much? It sure seems like you don't like him doing that, so I assumed that applied to others. Although you didn't mind Nate, Gaga, GM singing one offs. Is it just Adam or who would be OK to sing as a plus one in the very same way they are touring now?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s only Adam that bothers these guys because he is so good and has performed with them more than anyone else since Freddie!

Adam has never performed with them completely topless, in short short short white shorts or in a geometric onesie jumpsuit with ballet slippers.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 01:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

It’s only Adam that bothers these guys because he is so good and has performed with them more than anyone else since Freddie!

Adam has never performed with them completely topless, in short short short white shorts or in a geometric onesie jumpsuit with ballet slippers.

Oh dear. AL has been topless, in fact that recent pic you linked to at the gym looks as if he was wearing no top. But because he didn't perform topless and Freddie did, that is what bothers you, plus the onesie jump suit with ballet slippers somehow bothers you? But why? Why do you hold that against Freddie? Is that you are hoping to make AL seem the better person and performer because he didn't wear short shorts, onesies, ballet slippers onstage?
Thing is, I'm pretty sure if AL did wear short shorts, went bare chested during concerts, you would likely love it. Cause you love what AL wears and you gripe about what Freddie wore.
Come on, sweetcaroline. You are looking silly and a hypocrite right now.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Switched, runner, the usual suspects!! I do have a question tho, Icy. If you don't have a problem with others singing Queen, why does Adam bother you so much? It sure seems like you don't like him doing that, so I assumed that applied to others. Although you didn't mind Nate, Gaga, GM singing one offs. Is it just Adam or who would be OK to sing as a plus one in the very same way they are touring now?

I'm not sure if being bothered is the right way to put it, but if you really want to know how I feel about some things here you go ( sorry for repeating myself but you asked ;-) )
As I've stated before, I think Q+AL shows could be much better if they dug deeper in the catalogue, the gimmicks were not so tacky, and more of Freddie and John were shown.
If I saw Jon Bon Jovi or Bon Jovi cover Queen, I wouldn't like that at all to be blunt. I was shocked when Brian and Roger performed with them in 1994 playing Bon Jovi songs. Brian and Roger playing with Bon Jovi was awful I thought. Hated it then, hate it now. I also hate the Pepsi advert Brian and Roger did with Beyonce, Pink and Britney from a few years back. I think they sold out by doing that. And I actually like some of Beyonce's, Pinks and Britney's music...but that advert was awful. I hate that Brian and Roger performied with Bon Jovi and the Pepsi advert more than you think I hate AL ;-).
Again, I don't hate AL. I'm no Glambert by any means, but I don't hate the guy either. Let's not go down that route again, please.

Inspired

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sadly you Glambert's can not see that if you strip away Brian and Roger plus the high tech lighting and all the wonderful Queen music what is Adam left with to showcase himself?
Answer sweet f.a !
He becomes a nobody because he has not got an original brilliant back catalogue of music to perform of his own as he can only steel other artists songs to make him look good.
So think again when Mr/Mrs Lambert performs on stage as it is all fancy gimmicks to make him look better than he really is.
Freddie performed at "Live Aid" no lighting gimmicks , nothing to make him look good and he still stole the show performing to the planet, and that is why he is known as "The greatest showman ever"

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

Sadly you Glambert's can not see that if you strip away Brian and Roger plus the high tech lighting and all the wonderful Queen music what is Adam left with to showcase himself?
Answer sweet f.a ! . . . . .

. . . Freddie performed at "Live Aid" no lighting gimmicks , nothing to make him look good and he still stole the show performing to the planet, and that is why he is known as "The greatest showman ever"

Actually there was a lot of lighting at Live Aid ,mused through out the show.

But anyway at Live Aid, take away the lights,nthe PA the band's backline, Brian, Roger and John and the songs what would Freddie be left with. . . . That's right sweet FA

It doesn't matter who's singing the same rules apply.

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam sang recently at a live personal event. He sang an operatic aria with no no backing, no gimmicks, nothing and it was beyond sublime. He sang "Believe" at the Kennedy Center Honors TV show with little musical backing and he was front and center with just his voice. Twitter went wild. Adam's talent is his voice, so he doesn't need gimmicks. However, a QAL production is an event, a crazy over the top spectacular event. It has all the bells and whistles because that is how they perform. He, however, doesn't need it to sound wonderful. Take it up with Brian and Roger if you don't care for all the pomp and circumstance!! I have heard Adam sing with little of that many times in youtubes, etc, and he always sounds wonderful.

Just because someone doesn't write the music does not mean they cannot perform beautifully. Covers are done millions of times around the world every month and some are performed better than the original artist. There is no stealing. That is an absolutely ridiculous idea. Singers incorporate other people's music into their own all the time. It doesn't make them any less worthy as a singer or performer. I would personally prefer anyone to sing a Taylor Swift song other than her. Just writing a song doesn't mean you sing it well. If Freddie isn't here, the music goes on with someone else singing. Brian and Roger have made their choice and millions of happy fans have let them know that they are thrilled with Adam and QAL. If it doesn't work for you, so be it, but you are in the minority.

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I am not going down that route. I am just curious. You didn't exactly answer the question. Would you prefer that Brian and Roger not tour with anyone, Adam included, or is there someone you think should be touring with them? If you feel there should be no tour with anyone, not a problem, but was wondering if any singer would meet the mark for you.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven’t listened to it yet but there has been PR this past week about Kelly Clarkson’s beautiful performance of “Shallow,” the Oscar nominated song. Is it okay for her to cover such a recent song and then wrong for Adam to cover Queen songs from the ‘70’s?

Inspired

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony : You are talking utter crap again.
There was very little lighting at Live Aid and Freddie stole the show.
Even if the other three were not there Mercury would still be massive because he was the band the spirit and the brains in Queen.
Lambert remains a false and fake artist if you strip him of all what is around him and he wont be able to dig himself out of the rut he will soon be in when Queen call it a day and it wont be long now.