forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

No, I am not going down that route. I am just curious. You didn't exactly answer the question. Would you prefer that Brian and Roger not tour with anyone, Adam included, or is there someone you think should be touring with them? If you feel there should be no tour with anyone, not a problem, but was wondering if any singer would meet the mark for you.

Such as the Freddie Tribute which I think was beautifully done for the most part. But that didn't get press as those artists as the new singer for Queen, filling Freddie's shoes the way AL has had. Even AL says he is a guest, but I know many Glamberts think AL is the new singer for Queen and has replaced Freddie. I don't think that way at all. I never thought PR replaced Freddie either by the way.

Queen anthologies have been dangled for Queen fans for years now. I'd love it if Brian and Roger put the time and effort into getting that out there instead of touring with AL to be honest.
Both Brian and Roger have had things to say about reality type shows. I do find it hypocritical that they have toured with AL after that. I'm an INXS fan as well, I was shocked when the band members went on TV looking for a new singer. And some of us know how that worked out.
I do think there are many better singers than AL out there. George Michael was rumored to tour with Brian and Roger, but at that time I felt it was too soon after Freddie ndied. Then Brian and Roger worked on their solo music, and MIH. Which I would have been happy if that ended Brian's and Roger's career. Q+PR happened I never would have expected that, and despite a few qualms I had about that, it was pretty good I thought. That ended and a few years later Q+AL started to tour. Brian and Roger have hyped AL up to the extreme to say the least. Honestly, some things didn't sit well for me from the get go, and it likely never will. I do hope the next tour will be more about the music and less about the gimmicks, and I'd love it if Freddie and John were shown more. Queen were four people to me, and sorry, not sorry, I don't include AL in that.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, like I said before, Freddie was always the whole show.

I’m glad Adam has toned it down a bit and hopefully will live longer that way.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mostly understand how you feel. I just think the criticism about the reality show doesn't make any sense for me. Adam had worked in the singing and entertainment world for almost around 9 years prior to going on Idol. He wasn't some unformed lump of clay and he blossomed on the show. One can have an opinion and change their minds. Adam was that good that Brian and Roger realized you can find a gem in a talent show such as AI. I don't understand people who never change their minds. I change my mind often based on new data that I receive. There are always things a person needs to reevaluate and in my mind, that is a very positive thing. My kids would have had a tough time growing up if I didn't grow with the times and change my mind occasionally! One of my favorite things to say is, "Never say never, It will come back to bite you in the butt!"

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, like I said before, Freddie was always the whole show.

I’m glad Adam has toned it down a bit and hopefully will live longer that way.

You seem bitter about Freddie for some reasons. What he wore, that he was the whole show...dunno why that causes you so much bitterness. Maybe it gets to you that people still respect and admire the guy. His and Queen's legacy is in no danger of disappearing any time soon.
By the way, things can happen at anytime to anyone. We both know that. Freddie toned things down in his last years, but he died of an awful illness. Even reading about how sick he was before he passed away, is heartbreaking.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 17 Feb 19, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I mostly understand how you feel. I just think the criticism about the reality show doesn't make any sense for me. Adam had worked in the singing and entertainment world for almost around 9 years prior to going on Idol. He wasn't some unformed lump of clay and he blossomed on the show. One can have an opinion and change their minds. Adam was that good that Brian and Roger realized you can find a gem in a talent show such as AI. I don't understand people who never change their minds. I change my mind often based on new data that I receive. There are always things a person needs to reevaluate and in my mind, that is a very positive thing. My kids would have had a tough time growing up if I didn't grow with the times and change my mind occasionally! One of my favorite things to say is, "Never say never, It will come back to bite you in the butt!"

Thanks for mostly understanding how I feel. I learned that AL worked before Idol, but idol was his big break. And I will always feel no one has done more for him than the Queen legacy.
I've changed my mind about some things even regarding Queen music. I once loved the song One Year Of Love, but I can't tolerate it these days. Just an example as my mind can change even about Queen ;-).
I truly never would have expected Brian and Roger to ever become involved with Idol, especially after what they had to say about things about things like Idol. Plus after PR, I never expected them to ever tour again. So it was a shock in many ways when Q+AL started to tour. I never expected it to last this long to be honest. So I have to eat my hat on that score.
I like quite a bit of Brian's and Roger's solo music. I'm glad they never completely abandoned that. I do wish they could work on the the Queen music that may be left in the vaults, it's what I hope for the most. I love Rainbow, I love how raw and promising the guys were at that time. I don't know if any Glamberts here have seen it, but I would recommend it. Queen were a truly amazing band in many ways.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian & Roger are the two biggest hypocrites in Queen.
They cursed all talent shows like American Idol and Xfactor and so did Elton John, next minute they appear on those shows,
and pick up an contestant Adam Lambert.
Roger said he hated touring so got four guys Called "The Queen Experience" to tour for him as Queen.
Now today Taylor never says he hates touring anymore.
Brian recorded with druggy rap idiot Dappy, and recorded a single with "FIVE" boy band and has made ads with Britney, Pink Beyonce,
May has made some drastic terrible mistakes since Freddie died, and his biggest mistake to date is letting Adam Lambert destroy Queen.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch wrote:

They cursed all talent shows like American Idol and Xfactor and so did Elton John, next minute they appear on those shows,
Roger said he hated touring so got four guys Called "The Queen Experience" to tour for him as Queen.
Brian recorded with druggy rap idiot Dappy, and recorded a single with "FIVE" boy band and has made ads with Britney, Pink Beyonce,
May has made some drastic terrible mistakes since Freddie died, and his biggest mistake to date is letting Adam Lambert destroy Queen.

They cursed talent shows since there was very little actual talent on them but they aren't too stupid to change their mind if they actually find someone who should never have needed to be on the show in the first place.
Maybe Roger loves touring now because they have a lot of fun and a lot of the time Sarina goes with him as do some of his kids so it's probably not as lonely as it maybe was in the past. People do change their minds about things sometimes, it's called being open minded and open to change, you should try it sometime.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Switch wrote:

They cursed talent shows since there was very little actual talent on them but they aren't too stupid to change their mind if they actually find someone who should never have needed to be on the show in the first place.
Maybe Roger loves touring now because they have a lot of fun and a lot of the time Sarina goes with him as do some of his kids so it's probably not as lonely as it maybe was in the past. People do change their minds about things sometimes, it's called being open minded and open to change, you should try it sometime.

They changed their minds about Idol type shows before AL ever hit the Idol stage. Brian and Roger appeared on Canadian Idol in 2007, seemed to enjoy themselves actually. So it wasn't AL that changed their minds about those type of shows. But I do think it's at least slightly hypocritical that they had much to say about those type of shows, then appeared on it, then found someone to tour with that was found on the show.
Speak of touring, I kind of have concerns about Brian touring at times. I just hope he never becomes depressed again to the degree he was in the past. I hope he is enjoying a bit of break right now, though I'm sure he is busy with other things.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Icy

Just curious...what turned you sour on One Year of Love and why did you absolutely love it before.

Personally, it's always been one of my all-time LEAST favorite Queen songs. I think it would have been a much better song if Freddie had taken a more subtle approach like he did on In Only Seven Days.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"So it wasn't AL that changed their minds about those shows." How do you always find a way to subtly diss Adam? I find it amazing how you do that!!

Miracle.

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is very easy to diss Adam i do it in a second when i see him on tv because the tv set gets turned off,

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Switch, you will have to turn off your TV next Sunday because it has just been announced that they are playing at the Oscars:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BuCAOvDhdUn/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=1ifs1qk3guz7g

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

"So it wasn't AL that changed their minds about those shows." How do you always find a way to subtly diss Adam? I find it amazing how you do that!!

How on earth are you taking that as a diss about AL? Obviously it wasn't him that changed Brian's and Roger's mind about those type of shows, that's a fact. They both appeared on it a couple of years before on Canadian Idol before they appeared on American Idol. The fact you think that is a diss about AL...I don't know why you feel that way about it. It wasn't and isn't meant as a diss at all.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA wrote:

@Icy

Just curious...what turned you sour on One Year of Love and why did you absolutely love it before.

Personally, it's always been one of my all-time LEAST favorite Queen songs. I think it would have been a much better song if Freddie had taken a more subtle approach like he did on In Only Seven Days.

Simply put, there are so many better Queen songs as I found out as time went on.
I guess my tastes changed. But honestly, it's the least powerful vocal I have ever heard Freddie sing, and the production and lyrics are just so... cheesey if you will. So typically 80s power ballad, and if Queen was ever typical, they were with OYOL. Less is more, and would have been better in this case, IMO.

Miracle.

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is so so true !

Attachment: 201921886323836.jpg 72 KB
This has been downloaded 6 time(s).

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 18 Feb 19, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very true.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 519 posts

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes...but Roger and Brian performing together is the closest thing there is on earth to Queen...unless John decides to come out of retirement.

We take what we can get with the little time there is left.

Miracle.

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimejiveUsa Sure we all love Brian & Roger playing the music,
but to do it with somebody who was barely known and a novice working with a band as massive as Queen is a no no.
I still feel offended that after the massive hugely mega talented Freddie it all deflates like a punctured bicycle tyre with Adam Lambert.
Still the answer to the this thread : Freddie vs Adam the answer is Freddie is a billion times more clever and talented than Adam can even dream about. May & Taylor just used Lambert to be current and get the limelight again, quite a clever publicity stunt.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NPOWER wrote:

PrimejiveUsa Sure we all love Brian & Roger playing the music,
but to do it with somebody who was barely known and a novice working with a band as massive as Queen is a no no.
I still feel offended that after the massive hugely mega talented Freddie it all deflates like a punctured bicycle tyre with Adam Lambert.
Still the answer to the this thread : Freddie vs Adam the answer is Freddie is a billion times more clever and talented than Adam can even dream about. May & Taylor just used Lambert to be current and get the limelight again, quite a clever publicity stunt.

That "novice" was working in the industry from age 18, touring in theater productions and one seriously shitty job which 90% of people would have walked away from but he stuck it out because he's professional and has great work ethic, he did a 10 month 3/4 night in a row with one night off in between tour solo before teaming up with them and since then has managed to tour consistently both with them and solo for years without blowing out his voice so I'd say novice is not a word you can attribute to him. Brian has commented more than once that he's completely professional and dedicated to what he does and he's far from the only one.

We get he's not for you but that doesn't mean he's not talented or that he doesn't work hard. Give it a rest and do something you do like, it's the same tired old argument and it holds no more water now than it ever has.

Miracle.

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but your post is not justified, the reason Lammies voice never blows out is because he is not a grafter on stage like Freddie was and he is not as energetic.
He does little as possible as i have been watching some of his performances.
Queen are nowhere as near as powerful now like they were in the 80s with Freddie.
Sure Lamberk may be professional and dedicated but that does not make him right for Queen.
He seems glued to Queen and will not fly away and get on with his own failing solo career so you saying he is just a guest is very unjustified because a guest would not hang around all these years with a band!