Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Freddie vs Adam on you tube

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NPOWER wrote:

Sorry but your post is not justified, the reason Lammies voice never blows out is because he is not a grafter on stage like Freddie was and he is not as energetic.
He does little as possible as i have been watching some of his performances.
Queen are nowhere as near as powerful now like they were in the 80s with Freddie.
Sure Lamberk may be professional and dedicated but that does not make him right for Queen.
He seems glued to Queen and will not fly away and get on with his own failing solo career so you saying he is just a guest is very unjustified because a guest would not hang around all these years with a band!



No the reason his voice doesn't blow out is he's a trained singer who knows how to use his voice without damaging it, that's why his singing appears so effortless even though it's anything but.

He's a guest who was asked to sing with them, without him they wouldn't be able to tour so how would that be fair if he just dumped them and said "well thanks it's been great but I've better things to do now so see ya"? He is getting on with his own career alongside the collaboration, have you missed all the things he's been involved in and still is, the fact he's releasing a new album that he's spent around 18 months recording between touring in the next few months, the fact he'll likely be promoting and touring said album which is likely why they haven't announced any other shows than the Aug/Sept one's, he sees no reason it has to be an either or situation if he can do both.

As to how he is on stage, he's nothing like Freddie and doesn't run around but people at the shows and the media all call him a showman, you may not see it but plenty do, there's more than one way to perform, not everyone can be a Freddie, Dave Grohl or Axl Rose, some people have a quieter energy and rely more on other ways of connecting.


Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Feb 19, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but Adam is not a showman, people use that word too easily these days. i would rate Adam as a theatrical singer but that is it.
I cannot see past that and i cannot find anything amazing about him.
i have tried to like him but he irritates me to the point of turning off the tv or hi fi. He is only equal to Tony Hadley as the singing voices are very similar.
I think his new album with flop again, because he has no direction or image he is a mish mash of what he feels like doing on the day.
This album will be make or break for him as he has to impress the new record label! Don't hold your breath.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was never the whole of the show ,Roger would have his Drum solo and Brian had and still does his fifteen minute Guitar solo.Some fans went for a hot dog when the solo's were done,but I found them interesting and it obviously gave Freddie time to recover for the second part of the show.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was never the whole of the show ,Roger would have his Drum solo and Brian had and still does his fifteen minute Guitar solo.Some fans went for a hot dog when the solo's were done,but I found them interesting and it obviously gave Freddie time to recover for the second part of the show.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was never the whole of the show ,Roger would have his Drum solo and Brian had and still does his fifteen minute Guitar solo.Some fans went for a hot dog when the solo's were done,but I found them interesting and it obviously gave Freddie time to recover for the second part of the show.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was never the whole of the show ,Roger would have his Drum solo and Brian had and still does his fifteen minute Guitar solo.Some fans went for a hot dog when the solo's were done,but I found them interesting and it obviously gave Freddie time to recover for the second part of the show.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was never the whole of the show ,Roger would have his Drum solo and Brian had and still does his fifteen minute Guitar solo.Some fans went for a hot dog when the solo's were done,but I found them interesting and it obviously gave Freddie time to recover for the second part of the show.

philip storey user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 634 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry for that a glitch in the system.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 17:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last night my son was here and I played Adam’s “Blue Suede Shoes” from the Elvis Special last Sunday. He had missed seeing it. He again compared Adam to a Lamborghini for his smooth, seamless performance and he still thinks Freddie is like a revved up Corvette!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Last night my son was here and I played Adam’s “Blue Suede Shoes” from the Elvis Special last Sunday. He had missed seeing it. He again compared Adam to a Lamborghini for his smooth, seamless performance and he still thinks Freddie is like a revved up Corvette!



It's pretty bad but yet funny as hell when one has to repeat what a son said about AL to try to big him up. How many times have you posted that your son thinks AL is a Lamborghini and Freddie is like a Corvette? You might as well get him to post on Queen boards.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

philip storey wrote:

Freddie was never the whole of the show ,Roger would have his Drum solo and Brian had and still does his fifteen minute Guitar solo.Some fans went for a hot dog when the solo's were done,but I found them interesting and it obviously gave Freddie time to recover for the second part of the show.


Sweetcaroline is no Queen fan, so I doubt she knows about Brian's and Roger's solos. She said it herself, she thinks Freddie was the whole show which isn't true.
I really liked the solos back in the day. I liked it better then and with Q+PR better than I do in recent years that's for sure **ducks**

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course You do, but don't have to duck as you are entitled to that opinion. I am sure it was so much better with QPR, but if it was a solo, doesn't make much sense to me as a solo is a solo. When Brian sits on the stage with QAL he is interacting by himself with the audience and I just can't imagine how it would be any different from previously (except Adam didn't sing with them then and even when he is off stage, I guess the show is tainted for you).

You are really mean to Caroline for no good reason. I am sure she knows about the solos. Brian and Roger each sing solos during the QAL show. Sounds like she has seen enough old videos that she knows what they did back in the day. Since you two are huge Freddie fans, you probably never noticed how much about Freddie the old shows were. He was the show and all eyes were on him, partly because he is just charismatic, but also because he didn't interact much with the other three. For people who take an interest in the other members on the stage, it is quite noticeable. You guys only had eyes for Freddie and obviously don't revere the others like you do Freddie, so you are pretty blind to that. People see what they want to see but for me Freddie was always the focal point of attention.

Good thing, since Freddie didn't always hit those notes live!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:

In the seventies people went to see Queen rock live, not Freddie hitting A4s


As if those A4s were everything. It wasn't. Take Rainbow for example, Freddie and the guys had quality then.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie never hit the high notes all the time but that is because he was very energetic on stage and needed the energy to run about the stage, and gruelling tours took its toll on throat nodules.
He was a very hard working front man.
Freddie did make a Queen show dynamic he was the energy and the excitement of the shows arguably.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, snifflese, I am not reading you know who’s ridiculous posts. Unlike some Queen fans, I have never left my seat during the Brian and Roger solos. In the recent tour, Brian was literally in outer space both physically and in his spectacular performance! Their solos have nothing to do with Adam but when the 3 of them (4 of them with Neil during UP) are on the B stage down in the audience, their interaction with each other is magical, much like it was with Freddie and Brian when they performed LOML together!



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Of course You do, but don't have to duck as you are entitled to that opinion. I am sure it was so much better with QPR, but if it was a solo, doesn't make much sense to me as a solo is a solo. When Brian sits on the stage with QAL he is interacting by himself with the audience and I just can't imagine how it would be any different from previously (except Adam didn't sing with them then and even when he is off stage, I guess the show is tainted for you).

You are really mean to Caroline for no good reason. I am sure she knows about the solos. Brian and Roger each sing solos during the QAL show. Sounds like she has seen enough old videos that she knows what they did back in the day. Since you two are huge Freddie fans, you probably never noticed how much about Freddie the old shows were. He was the show and all eyes were on him, partly because he is just charismatic, but also because he didn't interact much with the other three. For people who take an interest in the other members on the stage, it is quite noticeable. You guys only had eyes for Freddie and obviously don't revere the others like you do Freddie, so you are pretty blind to that. People see what they want to see but for me Freddie was always the focal point of attention.

Good thing, since Freddie didn't always hit those notes live!!


Q+PR was more rock than Q+AL was and at this point I dare say Q+AL ever could be. I do feel the solos worked better for Q+PR than it does for Q+AL. I'm truly not having a go, but I do feel it's somewhat out of place in Q+AL shows, especially without DOOL.
Sweetcaroline has also been mean to me, but that's okay for you cause no matter what she has done and will do, not only are you on her side, you will take her side. The last couple of days you are mad/upset with me, because you didn't get what was obviously a moment and my reply to it was a joke. You thought a joke wasn't fair to AL and his fans. Boo hoo.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Thanks, snifflese, I am not reading you know who’s ridiculous posts. Unlike some Queen fans, I have never left my seat during the Brian and Roger solos. In the recent tour, Brian was literally in outer space both physically and in his spectacular performance! Their solos have nothing to do with Adam but when the 3 of them (4 of them with Neil during UP) are on the B stage down in the audience, their interaction with each other is magical, much like it was with Freddie and Brian when they performed LOML together!



Oh but you do read my posts.
So given the fact some Queen fans leave their seats during Brian's and Roger's solo is another mark you have against Queen fans, because you say you didn't leave your seat Would it make you feel better if they left during the AL solo song xD.
Brian was literally in outer space?? I think you have to look up the definition of litreally. It was good, but nope, he wasn't lit in outer space.
No dear, what Q+AL does is hardly magical like what Queen did with Freddie. Again, you compare things, just to big up Q+AL.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie didn't have to hit the high notes in concert. He did it on the recordings and as you say, there could be quite a difference in the key, high notes, etc in a live show. He was very energetic and his illness took a toll at some point. Freddie was amazing, the ultimate front man and he was the face of Queen. I just get annoyed when certain people on here always laugh at Adam and make little digs especially about his high notes as if his singing is all about that. That is part of what Adam does well. Fans watch for the sections where he hits the stratosphere on certain songs. They think he is sick if he doesn't done them. Every performer, singer is different and I wasn't dinging on Freddie, just on a couple of mean poster as usual. Freddie was the energy and excitement in the show and was therefore, the focal point, which those two posters also dispute. I didn't mean it negatively to Freddie, just to the other two posters. Freddie deserves every accolade he gets, but I think QAL is pretty darn good also, if the original isn't available. All these little digs and sarcastic remarks are not necessary ae they are always from the same folks. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said, Change!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:



SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, like I said before, Freddie was always the whole show.

.


Do not get ahead of yourself! you wrote this kaka, not us.



She's already gone ahead. Actually, all she is proving that it seems unlikely she's ever watched a Queen concert. The drum solo and guitar solos are on many Queen DVDs after all. Those DVDs that she's claimed to own. So to say Freddie was the whole show is crap...she just bitter because she thinks AL is better.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Freddie didn't have to hit the high notes in concert. He did it on the recordings and as you say, there could be quite a difference in the key, high notes, etc in a live show. He was very energetic and his illness took a toll at some point. Freddie was amazing, the ultimate front man and he was the face of Queen. I just get annoyed when certain people on here always laugh at Adam and make little digs especially about his high notes as if his singing is all about that. That is part of what Adam does well. Fans watch for the sections where he hits the stratosphere on certain songs. They think he is sick if he doesn't done them. Every performer, singer is different and I wasn't dinging on Freddie, just on a couple of mean poster as usual. Freddie was the energy and excitement in the show and was therefore, the focal point, which those two posters also dispute. I didn't mean it negatively to Freddie, just to the other two posters. Freddie deserves every accolade he gets, but I think QAL is pretty darn good also, if the original isn't available. All these little digs and sarcastic remarks are not necessary ae they are always from the same folks. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said, Change!


Exactly. Freddie didn't have to hit the high notes, because guess what? He was a well rounded musician. AL isn't one of those. It's almost as if AL at least to tried to overcompensate things in the early days of Q+AL. Believe me, I'm glad he has toned it down a bit, it's easier to listen to and believe me or not, I don't want him to damage his voice.
But high notes are not everything. Some people make it seem because AL can do that during Queen songs that not much else matters.