Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Freddie vs Adam on you tube

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Thanks, snifflese, I am not reading you know who’s ridiculous posts. Unlike some Queen fans, I have never left my seat during the Brian and Roger solos. In the recent tour, Brian was literally in outer space both physically and in his spectacular performance! Their solos have nothing to do with Adam but when the 3 of them (4 of them with Neil during UP) are on the B stage down in the audience, their interaction with each other is magical, much like it was with Freddie and Brian when they performed LOML together!



Oh but you do read my posts.
So given the fact some Queen fans leave their seats during Brian's and Roger's solo is another mark you have against Queen fans, because you say you didn't leave your seat Would it make you feel better if they left during the AL solo song xD.
Brian was literally in outer space?? I think you have to look up the definition of litreally. It was good, but nope, he wasn't lit in outer space.
No dear, what Q+AL does is hardly magical like what Queen did with Freddie. Again, you compare things, just to big up Q+AL.

bucsateflon user is on Queenzone.com
bucsateflon
Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, like I said before, Freddie was always the whole show.

.


Do not get ahead of yourself! you wrote this caca, not us.




Fuckers
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie didn't have to hit the high notes in concert. He did it on the recordings and as you say, there could be quite a difference in the key, high notes, etc in a live show. He was very energetic and his illness took a toll at some point. Freddie was amazing, the ultimate front man and he was the face of Queen. I just get annoyed when certain people on here always laugh at Adam and make little digs especially about his high notes as if his singing is all about that. That is part of what Adam does well. Fans watch for the sections where he hits the stratosphere on certain songs. They think he is sick if he doesn't done them. Every performer, singer is different and I wasn't dinging on Freddie, just on a couple of mean poster as usual. Freddie was the energy and excitement in the show and was therefore, the focal point, which those two posters also dispute. I didn't mean it negatively to Freddie, just to the other two posters. Freddie deserves every accolade he gets, but I think QAL is pretty darn good also, if the original isn't available. All these little digs and sarcastic remarks are not necessary ae they are always from the same folks. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said, Change!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:



SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, like I said before, Freddie was always the whole show.

.


Do not get ahead of yourself! you wrote this kaka, not us.



She's already gone ahead. Actually, all she is proving that it seems unlikely she's ever watched a Queen concert. The drum solo and guitar solos are on many Queen DVDs after all. Those DVDs that she's claimed to own. So to say Freddie was the whole show is crap...she just bitter because she thinks AL is better.

bucsateflon user is on Queenzone.com
bucsateflon
Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




Fuckers
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Freddie didn't have to hit the high notes in concert. He did it on the recordings and as you say, there could be quite a difference in the key, high notes, etc in a live show. He was very energetic and his illness took a toll at some point. Freddie was amazing, the ultimate front man and he was the face of Queen. I just get annoyed when certain people on here always laugh at Adam and make little digs especially about his high notes as if his singing is all about that. That is part of what Adam does well. Fans watch for the sections where he hits the stratosphere on certain songs. They think he is sick if he doesn't done them. Every performer, singer is different and I wasn't dinging on Freddie, just on a couple of mean poster as usual. Freddie was the energy and excitement in the show and was therefore, the focal point, which those two posters also dispute. I didn't mean it negatively to Freddie, just to the other two posters. Freddie deserves every accolade he gets, but I think QAL is pretty darn good also, if the original isn't available. All these little digs and sarcastic remarks are not necessary ae they are always from the same folks. I agree wholeheartedly with what you said, Change!


Exactly. Freddie didn't have to hit the high notes, because guess what? He was a well rounded musician. AL isn't one of those. It's almost as if AL at least to tried to overcompensate things in the early days of Q+AL. Believe me, I'm glad he has toned it down a bit, it's easier to listen to and believe me or not, I don't want him to damage his voice.
But high notes are not everything. Some people make it seem because AL can do that during Queen songs that not much else matters.

bucsateflon user is on Queenzone.com
bucsateflon
Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem with you mindless AL fanboys is that you spend time arguing and contradicting with another mindless group of fanboys, the Freddie ones.
You are both wrong, Queen was Greater than the Sum of its Parts.


Fuckers
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

change wrote:

Freddie never hit the high notes all the time but that is because he was very energetic on stage and needed the energy to run about the stage, and gruelling tours took its toll on throat nodules.
He was a very hard working front man.
Freddie did make a Queen show dynamic he was the energy and the excitement of the shows arguably.


Even now, Everytime I watch a Queen show, it still blows me away. I don't think to this day, I've seen a band with so much passion for what they did together, onstage even more so.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bucsateflon wrote:

The problem with you mindless AL fanboys is that you spend time arguing and contradicting with another mindless group of fanboys, the Freddie ones.
You are both wrong, Queen was Greater than the Sum of its Parts.


I agree Queen was better together than they were apart. I know Freddie wasn't the be all and end for Queen. Partly why I'd like to see John in a montage during the Oscars for example...but I'm shot down by a Glambert for thinking that too ;-).

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You Bucsateflon, are exactly right. It was all four individuals, not just Freddie which is what so many here think. There never would have been a Queen w/o all four of them. I do agree to that.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You Bucsateflon, are exactly right. It was all four individuals, not just Freddie which is what so many here think. There never would have been a Queen w/o all four of them. I do agree to that.

Freddie was the driving force, one has to admit to that. Without Freddie there would not have been Queen. Without the other three members Queen would not have been Queen as well.
Queen were Queen because of the four members. I find it odd you are saying what you are here since you give me crap about wanting Freddie and John being shown at the Oscars or in Q+AL shows. Hmm.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, it is no longer Queen as all of you are always saying. The group is QAL and it is different. I think Freddie should somehow be highlighted at the Oscars just like he always has been in every concert, which is different from most bands who lose or cut members. Freddie is brought up several times during any QAL show and most bands would prefer not to do that. But QAL does keep Freddie's memory alive. I think maybe Adam has toured long enough that things like cutting Freddie singing the end of BR is warranted and that is what they did last tour, but they still showcase him somewhere. However, I am not on board with John. He has chosen to disassociate himself from all of it. That is his choice to do. He could still be part of things if he wished, he apparently does not, so I do not see why he should have any role in this. He could show up at the Oscars if he wanted.

The crap you received from me was that you can't see why this performance should at all highlight or be important to Adam, Brian or Roger as it was all about Freddie and the biopic which is about him. There was no need to get too excited about them doing another cover. That is where the issue lies. The evening to me is two part, honor the band and Freddie in the biopic and then be equally excited about QAL's performance and hope that it is a huge success.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 07:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, it’s interesting that icy is critical of the biopic but then goes on about it attracting more new fans than the live QAL shows. Yes, it has been very successful around the world but so has the QAL collaboration.

To me, whether it is the movie or the shows with Brian and Roger or Queen Extravaganza or any other Queen tribute band, it is about the incredible music and THAT is what is so attractive to music lovers everywhere. Why say one is better than the other? I’ve seen the movie, been to QE live and QAL live and have appreciated and enjoyed them all.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

snifflese, it’s interesting that icy is critical of the biopic but then goes on about it attracting more new fans than the live QAL shows. Yes, it has been very successful around the world but so has the QAL collaboration.

To me, whether it is the movie or the shows with Brian and Roger or Queen Extravaganza or any other Queen tribute band, it is about the incredible music and THAT is what is so attractive to music lovers everywhere. Why say one is better than the other? I’ve seen the movie, been to QE live and QAL live and have appreciated and enjoyed them all.



Thought you weren't reading my posts? Haha. Obviously, you do read them.
It's a fact the biopic has helped Queen get new fans, even with the wrong timelines etc in the film. You must be blind if you can't tell Queen has new fans lately because of the biopic.
Can't help yourself to say Q+AL has been just as successful can you? Man, it must burn you that it's Queen's legacy and the biopic that is getting Queen new fans these days, huh.
You say you have seen all that, but other than Q+AL, you can't even give much thought of your own about the Freddie and Queen legacy and music without somehow bringing AL into it. Not even then.
You know what is attractive to Queen fans? Talent. Talent wins out dear. Queen had talent and AL is nowhere near that, nor is he likely to ever be close to it. No wonder why he is pretty much stuck singing cover songs these last couple of years.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, it is no longer Queen as all of you are always saying. The group is QAL and it is different. I think Freddie should somehow be highlighted at the Oscars just like he always has been in every concert, which is different from most bands who lose or cut members. Freddie is brought up several times during any QAL show and most bands would prefer not to do that. But QAL does keep Freddie's memory alive. I think maybe Adam has toured long enough that things like cutting Freddie singing the end of BR is warranted and that is what they did last tour, but they still showcase him somewhere. However, I am not on board with John. He has chosen to disassociate himself from all of it. That is his choice to do. He could still be part of things if he wished, he apparently does not, so I do not see why he should have any role in this. He could show up at the Oscars if he wanted.

The crap you received from me was that you can't see why this performance should at all highlight or be important to Adam, Brian or Roger as it was all about Freddie and the biopic which is about him. There was no need to get too excited about them doing another cover. That is where the issue lies. The evening to me is two part, honor the band and Freddie in the biopic and then be equally excited about QAL's performance and hope that it is a huge success.


Honestly, I'm not even sure if during the performance that Freddie and John will be shown. Two main reasons, one time limit, and if recent tours are anything to go by, there is less of Freddie and John being included than before.
If Bohemian Rhapsody ends up being the song to be be performed, Freddie deserves more than just one line to sing. It would not hurt for Freddie vocals to be more prominent. Give Freddie's vocals the last few lines, he deserves to be heard as well as seen.
Okay...here we go. Don't forget for a minute that if not for John as well that AL wouldn't be where he is. Just because someone has retired from public life does not mean that person should not be seen or heard from again. IMO, John also deserves some respect. You realise that you have contradicted yourself and your statements. You feel because Freddie has passed away that Queen's music should still be played live. But because John has retired and is no longer in the music business you don't think he should be shown at the Oscars...that's a pretty big contradiction right there. And a pretty messy one at that. What if AL retires one day, do you think he should not be seen or heard from again? You say Queen were all four members, and that I will never disagree with you about that ( there is that at least ;-) ) but because a member has retired you don't think he should be shown at all at the Oscars. John is a very private man, even so he deserves respect. Shame that you aren't going to give him any respect. Freddie has passed away, John has retired, but want to know how I see the way you think. Because Brian and Roger are touring with AL, those are the two members of Queen that matter the most for you, because they hype, big up, promote AL. Freddie and John can't, so no wonder why you gripe about them when it's all said and done. It's crazy, you bleat on about Queen fans not giving Brian, Roger and AL credit, but you can't even respect John and Freddie.
I have come across many fanbases in my years on the internet. In some cases, I've never encountered such entitlement and greed that some Glamberts have shown and on Queen boards no less. That's how you are coming across here. I doubt you truly know or care how important John was as a member of Queen. Regarding the Oscars you hope by Q+AL performing that it will get some Twitter buzz and it will somehow help AL. Well, at least that's out there how you truly feel now.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back at you because everything you write can also be put on you, someone who is so myopic that only Freddie and maybe John are important to her. Read all your posts across the years and I bet Brian and Roger were mentioned in less that 5% of them and that is only because you were replying to someone's post. You can't seem to get Freddie out of your vision of Queen for even a minute. Not my problem. I can appreciate the old and the new. I believe in being flexible and seeing both sides of the coin. If you can't, fine, but don't criticize others for your issues.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

change wrote:

Freddie never hit the high notes all the time but that is because he was very energetic on stage and needed the energy to run about the stage, and gruelling tours took its toll on throat nodules.
He was a very hard working front man.
Freddie did make a Queen show dynamic he was the energy and the excitement of the shows arguably.


On some tours Freddie was very consistent hitting notes and not cutting phrases short. On other tours his voice wasn't as good as we ll know it could be.

I don't think you can put Freddie's different vocal performance down to running/moving around on stage, after all Roger at the time put huge effort into his playing and still hit the notes required regularly. Speak to any rock drummer and they'll tell you the performance effort over a two hour show is a killer

Freddie's up and down vocal performance was down to life style and over exertion/bad technique.

If your going to compare Lambert or even Paul Rodgers for that matter, both are more consistent and look after them selves and the voices better than Freddie

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Back at you because everything you write can also be put on you, someone who is so myopic that only Freddie and maybe John are important to her. Read all your posts across the years and I bet Brian and Roger were mentioned in less that 5% of them and that is only because you were replying to someone's post. You can't seem to get Freddie out of your vision of Queen for even a minute. Not my problem. I can appreciate the old and the new. I believe in being flexible and seeing both sides of the coin. If you can't, fine, but don't criticize others for your issues.


Seriously, do shut up or stop twisting I've not even said. You have claimed to have read my posts for nearly a decade, go find one where I have stated Freddie and John are the only ones who matter. I never have.
You sure sound like you appreciate Queen, given the fact you don't think John should be shown at all. You ate so full of contradicting statements.
All you see and hear is AL. That's more obvious in your posts lately. You want him to get a Twitter buzz. You can't even be bothered to discuss Queen at all. Yep, some fan you are *sarcasm*.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2190 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony : So you think Lambert and Paul Rodgers look after themselves better than Freddie did, well Lambert is only young so that does not count and Paul Rodgers was not a tornado on stage like Freddie plus furthermore Freddie is highly regarded than both Lambert and Rodgers put together, he is not considered the greatest male vocalist ever for nothing!
You are wrong again.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you don't don't discuss Queen either. You reply negatively to every Glambert post and call people out. Show me where you have ever said anything that was interesting about them. Oh, and you ask people what they think. Your posts are truly enlightening for sure! You are one of those people who can't see the forest for the trees. That is about all I can say at this point.