Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > What will Q+AL perform at the Oscar's?

forum rss feed
Author

Makka user not visiting Queenzone.com
Makka
Bohemian: 536 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 04:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Makka wrote:

I'd like a medley but I can't see them having much time.


Time still will be tight I dare say even without a host. If Bohemian Rhapsody is performed, I think it will be an edited version.


I guess that choice of song would make sense too. But yeah, edited down.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Makka wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Makka wrote:

I'd like a medley but I can't see them having much time.


Time still will be tight I dare say even without a host. If Bohemian Rhapsody is performed, I think it will be an edited version.


I guess that choice of song would make sense too. But yeah, edited down.


I don't want an edited version. Of Bohemian Rhapsody or any song Brian and Roger decide to do.
I think it will be WWYR after all. Short song, enough time.

people on streets user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1633 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My best guess is that they'll do a medley that includes:

-Bo Rhap
-We Will Rock You
-We Are The Champions


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would rather have a medley of several songs than one complete long song. I hope they do something other than WWRY and WATC, not my favs except at a sporting event, but the most popular, I guess. I am sure some part of BR will be played!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

people on streets wrote:

My best guess is that they'll do a medley that includes:

-Bo Rhap
-We Will Rock You
-We Are The Champions


I don't like it when Bohemian Rhapsody is edited. I wish and hope there is enough time to have the whole thing performed, but I doubt there will be.
:-/

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I would rather have a medley of several songs than one complete long song. I hope they do something other than WWRY and WATC, not my favs except at a sporting event, but the most popular, I guess. I am sure some part of BR will be played!


I like Wwry and Watc, to see it on the Oscar stage would be different.
I hope AL keeps the cornonet at home. There would be no need of him wearing it there, it would be beyond tacky.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 811 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam would never be so tacky as to wear the crown to the Academy Awards.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Feb 19, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

Adam would never be so tacky as to wear the crown to the Academy Awards.


Let's hope you are right. Tell you what, if he doesn't wear it, I'd give him credit for not wearing it ;-).
I hope he's aware that it's not going to be about him or even Q+AL.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it is about QAL also because they are opening the show and people are going to be very interested in their performance. They want to do their best and prove to people they still have what it takes and Adam wants to perform well so that he gains some more notice which will help sell his new music and further his career. Every artist on that show singing a song or performing is hoping for the same thing. So get over it being all about him. I am sure he would never think that, but he has to hope it will be positive for his career and for QAL who probably will be touring a lot more over the next year or two. I just bet that!

People are interested in the history of Queen shown in the Biopic and are certainly curious what they are like as a band almost 30 years later. I love to see old performers on TV and compare them as to how they used to be. I think the audience will realize they haven't lost a step and they will be selling more of their hits than ever and gain lots of new fans. You can only play a DVD so many times, but you can play a song over and over. That is the part where I totally disagree with you. It is not just about the biopic, there are other things important to the band.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Well, it is about QAL also because they are opening the show and people are going to be very interested in their performance. They want to do their best and prove to people they still have what it takes and Adam wants to perform well so that he gains some more notice which will help sell his new music and further his career. Every artist on that show singing a song or performing is hoping for the same thing. So get over it being all about him. I am sure he would never think that, but he has to hope it will be positive for his career and for QAL who probably will be touring a lot more over the next year or two. I just bet that!

People are interested in the history of Queen shown in the Biopic and are certainly curious what they are like as a band almost 30 years later. I love to see old performers on TV and compare them as to how they used to be. I think the audience will realize they haven't lost a step and they will be selling more of their hits than ever and gain lots of new fans. You can only play a DVD so many times, but you can play a song over and over. That is the part where I totally disagree with you. It is not just about the biopic, there are other things important to the band.


Q+AL is nominated for any awards. So, no the Oscars aren't about Q+AL.
I'm interested in what they will perform...and how. But I'm tuning in for Brian, Roger, the biopic and many more people. Sure, I bet the Glamberts are interested in the clothes AL will be wearing etc more than anything else.
Fact is these days it's because of Queen's music, and the biopic that is helping make people into Queen fans. Both go hand in hand. The music is more popular these days than it has been in years...and that's without Q+AL shows. Queen and the biopic doesn't need AL, but you bet AL needs that to promote him.
Don't tell me what is so important for the band after you are so horrified that I'd like to see Freddie and John being shown at the Oscars or Q+AL concerts. What is important for you is that Q+AL will get Twitter buzz after they perform, you have admitted to that much. Doesn't the hard work of the many people behind the biopic, the actors, and that it's keeping Freddie's and Queen's legacy alive matter anything at all to you? Doesn't seem like it. You are looking at things from a Glambert side, I'm looking at it from a Queen side. But you don't have to have a pop at me for hoping Freddie and John will somehow be included.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 03:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As I said before, I am convinced the Oscars show will begin with Spike playing the famous beginning notes of Bohemian Rhapsody, then Adam will appear singing “Mama, just killed a man ..,..” Then Brian and Roger will appear playing their parts. Then the opera portion with the 4 original members singing will be projected. Then Adam will sing again and go up a ramp where he will salute the image of Freddie who will sing the last line, like they have done in their recent shows, followed by a standing ovation! I will be very surprised if they also do WWRY/WATC.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

As I said before, I am convinced the Oscars show will begin with Spike playing the famous beginning notes of Bohemian Rhapsody, then Adam will appear singing “Mama, just killed a man ..,..” Then Brian and Roger will appear playing their parts. Then the opera portion with the 4 original members singing will be projected. Then Adam will sing again and go up a ramp where he will salute the image of Freddie who will sing the last line, like they have done in their recent shows, followed by a standing ovation! I will be very surprised if they also do WWRY/WATC.



Keep in mind about the time limits. I really question if there will be enough time to do a full Bohemian Rhapsody. I hope so, because I'd hate to see it edited.
Freddie deserves more than just to sing the last line however. I'd be pleased if he sang the last few lines, with no duet. Let's not be selfish here.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess I have to repeat myself. If Brian and Roger decide to perform their current version of “Bohemian Rhapsody,” it will cover all of the bases. In the operatic section of the BoRhap music video they will project, both Freddie and John are prominently visible and then at the end if they project Freddie singing the last line, it will be a fitting and beautiful tribute to the man who wrote the song and is the center of the biopic. To have the projected image of Freddie singing more than that last line would defeat the idea of a live performance and would lose the emotional punch at the end of the song!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


"Q+AL is nominated for any awards. So, no the Oscars aren't about Q+AL.
I'm interested in what they will perform...and how. But I'm tuning in for Brian, Roger, the biopic and many more people. Sure, I bet the Glamberts are interested in the clothes AL will be wearing etc more than anything else.
Fact is these days it's because of Queen's music, and the biopic that is helping make people into Queen fans. Both go hand in hand. The music is more popular these days than it has been in years...and that's without Q+AL shows. Queen and the biopic doesn't need AL, but you bet AL needs that to promote him.
Don't tell me what is so important for the band after you are so horrified that I'd like to see Freddie and John being shown at the Oscars or Q+AL concerts. What is important for you is that Q+AL will get Twitter buzz after they perform, you have admitted to that much. Doesn't the hard work of the many people behind the biopic, the actors, and that it's keeping Freddie's and Queen's legacy alive matter anything at all to you? Doesn't seem like it. You are looking at things from a Glambert side, I'm looking at it from a Queen side. But you don't have to have a pop at me for hoping Freddie and John will somehow be included."

Icy, you are impossible! You may think whatever you choose. I think you are so besotted with Freddie, you can't see straight. He is your guy, fine. As far as clothes, that is ridiculous. Not really worrying about the attire, although I am sure they will look appropriate, they always do. I also disagree that it is only the music and the biopic making Queen's music more popular. Playing close to 200 shows around the world with lots of publicity added quite a few fans to the mix. I can't believe you really think that, but that is your Queen world view of things. They have gained tons of fans after playing to millions around the world. Sure, the biopic has added many more, but you can't totally disregard QAL's touring. That is just plain wrong. Of course, I appreciate the work of many in the film, but there is a crap load of work involved for all the world tours QAL done and you sure disregard that. They are 100's of people involved with creating the show, the props, the lighting, the roadies, the sound people, etc, etc. Think about all the salaries that were earned by the folks working with the tour. The tour is keeping the legacy alive ALSO. And no, keeping Freddie's and Queen's legacy alive is not at the top of my list. You are just consumed with this idea. Wow! I have lots of other things I deem a lot more important. The biopic and QAL touring and Brian's tweeting and his work in scientific areas and his books are keeping Queen's legacy out there. I attend their concerts and that is good enough for me. I just hate how everything about QAL is pushed to the back burner and is totally minimized by you. You have had lots of shady remarks about Adam the last few days and that is the issue. You don't like him. I think it is because he gets so much praise and is reminiscent of Freddie in a lot ways and you can't abide that. Otherwise there is no reason for all the hate you throw at him and don't you even tell me that you like "Save Me", because you say far too many insidious things about him. I just don't want to hear it. I see what you write and hear your tone every day and it shows pure animus on your part. You have a totally different opinion that I do. Just have to leave it at that.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, you are learning like I did how pointless it is to respond to icy. Like Trump, she thinks she knows everything and must get the last word. I can’t figure either of them out but they are exhausting and maddening in their refusal to believe anything but what is stuck in their own stubborn and closed heads!

Did you see the news I just posted about Adam?



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep, it is useless. Like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Everyone has their own views, I guess. I like to think I am a little more flexible and realize times change and we have to move on, all the while treasuring the past. You can do both at the same time.

I just read a tweet from someone in Australia who says the new song is a haunting ballad with little falsetto, mostly head and chest voice. She loves it!! Not all the fans have been complimentary of the Adam songs in the past, just because he sang it. So, I hope hers is a measured opinion. It is being released in each country when it is midnite their time. We should be getting a sampling of it way before midnite tonight. Someone will be posting. I just hope it is a good one. We will see!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:


"Q+AL is nominated for any awards. So, no the Oscars aren't about Q+AL.
I'm interested in what they will perform...and how. But I'm tuning in for Brian, Roger, the biopic and many more people. Sure, I bet the Glamberts are interested in the clothes AL will be wearing etc more than anything else.
Fact is these days it's because of Queen's music, and the biopic that is helping make people into Queen fans. Both go hand in hand. The music is more popular these days than it has been in years...and that's without Q+AL shows. Queen and the biopic doesn't need AL, but you bet AL needs that to promote him.
Don't tell me what is so important for the band after you are so horrified that I'd like to see Freddie and John being shown at the Oscars or Q+AL concerts. What is important for you is that Q+AL will get Twitter buzz after they perform, you have admitted to that much. Doesn't the hard work of the many people behind the biopic, the actors, and that it's keeping Freddie's and Queen's legacy alive matter anything at all to you? Doesn't seem like it. You are looking at things from a Glambert side, I'm looking at it from a Queen side. But you don't have to have a pop at me for hoping Freddie and John will somehow be included."

Icy, you are impossible! You may think whatever you choose. I think you are so besotted with Freddie, you can't see straight. He is your guy, fine. As far as clothes, that is ridiculous. Not really worrying about the attire, although I am sure they will look appropriate, they always do. I also disagree that it is only the music and the biopic making Queen's music more popular. Playing close to 200 shows around the world with lots of publicity added quite a few fans to the mix. I can't believe you really think that, but that is your Queen world view of things. They have gained tons of fans after playing to millions around the world. Sure, the biopic has added many more, but you can't totally disregard QAL's touring. That is just plain wrong. Of course, I appreciate the work of many in the film, but there is a crap load of work involved for all the world tours QAL done and you sure disregard that. They are 100's of people involved with creating the show, the props, the lighting, the roadies, the sound people, etc, etc. Think about all the salaries that were earned by the folks working with the tour. The tour is keeping the legacy alive ALSO. And no, keeping Freddie's and Queen's legacy alive is not at the top of my list. You are just consumed with this idea. Wow! I have lots of other things I deem a lot more important. The biopic and QAL touring and Brian's tweeting and his work in scientific areas and his books are keeping Queen's legacy out there. I attend their concerts and that is good enough for me. I just hate how everything about QAL is pushed to the back burner and is totally minimized by you. You have had lots of shady remarks about Adam the last few days and that is the issue. You don't like him. I think it is because he gets so much praise and is reminiscent of Freddie in a lot ways and you can't abide that. Otherwise there is no reason for all the hate you throw at him and don't you even tell me that you like "Save Me", because you say far too many insidious things about him. I just don't want to hear it. I see what you write and hear your tone every day and it shows pure animus on your part. You have a totally different opinion that I do. Just have to leave it at that.


Nope, I'm not impossible. Nor am I besotted with Freddie.
Who was it that was so butthurt the other day because you didn't get the a joke that you thought wasn't fair to AL and the Glamberts...as if that was in any way offensive. But hey, that sure made you go off again.
I've read some of a thread on Adam the other day after Q+AL was announced to be performing at the Oscars. Oh my, the publicity could help AL. What will wear be wearing. Oh his hair. Stupid crap like that, fact is I don't lie. Twist and turn things on me all you want to make me look bad speaking of shady comments.
I think some Glamberts are upset, namely you and sweetcaroline because it's the biopic that is drawing people in to Queen's music. Since last October, Queen's music has been streamed what seems to be more than ever. And that's not because of Q+AL.
Why do you think AL is so like Freddie? Sorry, one of those things isn't like the other. About time you realise it.
You were looking to be offended and insulted by the least little thing such as a joke Sam and Adele will be singing with Brian and Roger, so you could blab about how important you think AL is.
Do you forget your comments about Freddie and John? Or is it okay for you to slate them while bigging up AL on Queen boards.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At some point Adam fans get tired of the constant derision and just throwing shade at both Adam and QAL. That is all you people do. Whenever you get a chance to make a sarcastic remark or laugh at Glamberts, you go full force. It just gets a little old. You are more subtle than some of the folks, but you do the same thing. Just tired of it, Icy.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

At some point Adam fans get tired of the constant derision and just throwing shade at both Adam and QAL. That is all you people do. Whenever you get a chance to make a sarcastic remark or laugh at Glamberts, you go full force. It just gets a little old. You are more subtle than some of the folks, but you do the same thing. Just tired of it, Icy.


You are absolutely full of crap. You whine about AL never getting credit from Queen fans, and then you turn around and say you don't want John to be shown at the Oscars, because he has retired and walked away as you put it. How whiny, entitled, hypocritical, and selfish you come across here.
If you can't take a joke, sarcasm, that's your problem. By the sounds of it, you can't tell the difference between a joke and what isn't. You have often added fuel to things, let's not forget that while you try to be so innocent and say you are tired of it. The level of butthurt you and sweetcaroline have is through the rafters. You can't even answer what I asked you what makes you think AL is so remmincesent of Freddie. Instead you go off again. Let's not forget, you have made many bitchy statements about Freddie ..he was scary looking according to you. Thing is, if anyone dared say that about AL, you'd be very upset to say the least.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 19, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

soxtalon wrote:

From everything that has been said - there is no host, the first award is expected about 7 minutes into the telecast. That leaves just enough time for Bohemian Rhapsody in it's (mostly) entirety


Thanks. I'm counting you now ;-).