Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Adam’s new label and new music

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert did take the world by storm while he was performing on American Idol but the ultra conservative homophobes at Liberty University had a hissy fit over his TV performance on the American Music Awards in 2009 which adversely affected the promotion of his debut album.

Ten years later his career appears to be having a rebirth. He is being noticed by the people who missed him the first time around.



Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah he is been noticed now because he is screwing Queen up big time.
He does not have much self life left and the 15 mins of fame is nearly up!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Naysayers have been proclaiming that for 10 years and he has now earned over 25 million (was a millionaire prior to QAL) and his star seems to be rising this year. Non- celebrities are not singing on the Kennedy Honors Show and he closed it out and sang 2 songs! He was on the Elvis Special this year and he played at the Oscars. He will be a character in a movie with a big featured song later this year and he will be releasing new music. What part of that signals that his 15 minutes of fame are up? You wish, but it isn't going to be happening any time soon! More and more people are rediscovering him. Many tuned out after Idol and particularly that AMA performance. I think he is reconnecting and he will just be going forward from here. He is very popular in some of the different parts of the world like Asia. The UK isn't everything you know. I am sure they have the highest number of die hard Queen fans in GB, so there would obviously be more resistance to him over there. I think this is going to be a great year for Adam!!

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese The UK is the most important country in the world if you want to make it huge.
Musics home is the UK, and Lambert has not made it here in any shape or form.
The UK public find him cheesy just like Liberace and without Queen he is nothing.
Queen started his career and Queen will finish it when they bow out.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese The UK is the most important country in the world if you want to make it huge.
Musics home is the UK, and Lambert has not made it here in any shape or form.
The UK public find him cheesy just like Liberace and without Queen he is nothing.
Queen started his career and Queen will finish it when they bow out.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Naysayers have been proclaiming that for 10 years and he has now earned over 25 million (was a millionaire prior to QAL) and his star seems to be rising this year. Non- celebrities are not singing on the Kennedy Honors Show and he closed it out and sang 2 songs! He was on the Elvis Special this year and he played at the Oscars. He will be a character in a movie with a big featured song later this year and he will be releasing new music. What part of that signals that his 15 minutes of fame are up? You wish, but it isn't going to be happening any time soon! More and more people are rediscovering him. Many tuned out after Idol and particularly that AMA performance. I think he is reconnecting and he will just be going forward from here. He is very popular in some of the different parts of the world like Asia. The UK isn't everything you know. I am sure they have the highest number of die hard Queen fans in GB, so there would obviously be more resistance to him over there. I think this is going to be a great year for Adam!!


You sad lunatic. He is "rediscovered"? He is only known because of his karaoke job in Queen minus. Ohterwise he would have faded into obscurity. NOONE wants to see QAL because of him they want to see Maylor and Freddie on the screen. Some tolerate him most hate him


Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Mar 19, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

Snifflese The UK is the most important country in the world if you want to make it huge.


Which is why every major band in the world needed to successfully break into the US market to make it.

That's why in the 70's and in 1980 Queen played more shows there then any other country. The same as Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd or Genisis or Fleetwood Mac or the Eagles, the US was and still is the biggest ticket selling market and musi sales market in the world

Oasis were huge in the UK but in comparison were a drop in the ocean in The States, where do they rank amongst the greats. . .

You talk crap sometimes



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 00:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obviously you haven't been reading people's tweets. A lot of them had no idea he sang with Queen all these years, nor did they know about Adam's music as they didn't follow him. Singing Believe and on the Oscars has brought him into people's radar again, you sad lunatic, you! Not everyone follows singers. Most people are just pretty oblivious and just listen to the crap on the radio. Many don't even do that. It is hard to sell music nowadays. That is why singers and musicians have to have a brand and diversify. You aren't keeping up with the trends.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony Disagree with your rants again. The Uk remains a haven for world wide music acts and if you do not make it in the UK
then you are a nobody and that was said by Simon Cowell.
Every artist longs for a slice of the cake here in the UK as it is the capital head quarters of the world as far as pop / rock music is concerned.
Oasis are irrelevant because they are crap to start with.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese Keeping up with the trends does not necessarily mean its good! Some of the very best music is from 40 and 50 years ago and legendary.
Adam Lambert will not be remembered in 40 years time as he is not a credible artist.
He is a wanna be who has a plastic fake career singing songs karaoke style.
Any cruise ship singer could do it, even Jane McDonald.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

The Uk remains a haven for world wide music acts and if you do not make it in the UK
then you are a nobody and that was said by Simon Cowell.


Well if Simon said it then it must be true!!! This is the same Simon Cowell who thinks Adam's brilliant right?


Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Simon did not just say it because i heard Brian May say the same thing once in a tv interview.
Cowell likes cheesy acts and he has got a right one there in AL.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Simon did not just say it because i heard Brian May say the same thing once in a tv interview.
Cowell likes cheesy acts and he has got a right one there in AL.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 19, 23:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

Vocal Harmony Disagree with your rants again. The Uk remains a haven for world wide music acts and if you do not make it in the UK
then you are a nobody and that was said by Simon Cowell.
Every artist longs for a slice of the cake here in the UK as it is the capital head quarters of the world as far as pop / rock music is concerned.
Oasis are irrelevant because they are crap to start with.


Cowell has to sell airtime and his product. He says what ever he thinks his audience wants to hear.

If the UK market is so huge why did he or any one else think it was so important to break into the US, why is his US franchise so important.

I don't like Oasis, but in this discussion they are relevant because they represent a band wth huge UK sales but mean nothing in the States and when compared to Zeppilin, Floyd, Queen and others who broke America there sales are pitiful because of a lack of huge US success

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Then Simon Cowell is like May & Taylor, he tells folk what they want to hear to sell the product and that is exactly what Brian did hyping Adam Lambert, and many kids believe
the hype and think if Brian says he is good he must be!
Believe me May & Taylor are crafty and know how to flog anything for money, even a lady boy.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasp. wrote:

Then Simon Cowell is like May & Taylor, he tells folk what they want to hear to sell the product and that is exactly what Brian did hyping Adam Lambert, and many kids believe
the hype and think if Brian says he is good he must be!
Believe me May & Taylor are crafty and know how to flog anything for money, even a lady boy.


Sorry to burst your little bubble but most of us actually have minds of our own and don't need to be told if someone's good or not. If Brian starts raving on about how brilliant Taylor Swift is I'm still not gonna want to listen to her, I don't base my opinion on what someone else thinks is good.



Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Glad to hear that.
Nice to be in total control isnt it ! lol

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have you ever thought that Brian and Roger actually think that Adam is a "Gift from God" like they are always saying? I doubt it has anything to do with money at all. There are just TOO many musicians, singers and producers who rave about his voice for this all to be some phony scam. People who work with voices every day single Adam's voice out to say how amazing it is. Maybe it is you who are wrong. Just because you can't appreciate it, doesn't mean much at all compared to those who are amazed by his voice.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the unbelievers — “Adam Lambert’s Beautiful Voice”

http://soundbath.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/adam-lamberts-beautiful-voice/amp/

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 19, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is not a rock and roller and is more suited to working in musicals as he has that sort of voice.
He cannot do what Freddie used to do.