Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL at the Oscars !!!!!

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Feb 19, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m switching back and forth between ABC and “E” in case the Queen guys come on. They just showed Adam on ABC.



SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Feb 19, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I almost missed Adam being interviewed by Ryan Seacrest on “E”.





Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Feb 19, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I almost missed Adam being interviewed by Ryan Seacrest on “E”.





What did he say?
I'm watching ABC right now. Maria looks great! Love her and her yellow dress :D

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Feb 19, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam on ABC now!
It was short, talked about how Queen was his family, and his excitement about playing...and the cameo. Honey, Freddie would tempt anyone xD.
Hoping Brian and Roger will have an interview.

Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 7162 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Saint Jiub, can’t remember what you said previously if you have been to a QAL show. My first QAL show was at their opening night at the United Center in 2014 and it was so spectacular.

Wow, watching ABC news and my weather is mild compared to other parts of the country. It might still get worse here overnight.



I briefly considered going to see that show on my birthday in 2014. However, I watched a few Youtube videos of QAL in concert, and did not like Adam's voice, particularly on rockers.

I also saw QPR in 2006, and enjoyed the first half of the concert, but felt the second half of the concert was blah.

So I had already seen Queen+, and I was not interested in spending over $100 for a tribute concert again




Socialism:



There's one for you, nineteen for me

Should five per cent appear too small

Be thankful I don't take it all
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Did Ryan just say all of Queen just then?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wwry and Watc. No coronet thankfully. But no chance of Freddie and John being shown.
ETA... Freddie was just shown with his cape and crown. I'm not crying, you are ;-)

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I freaking loved it!!!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@RyanSeacrest Still remember the day @AdamLambert auditioned for Idol with “Bohemian Rhapsody” and now he’s opening with Queen! Proof that vision boards work #Oscars? ? #ERedCarpet #Glamberts“

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2456988227653159&id=233748106643860&anchor_composer=false

Great comments for this crap

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I freaking loved it!!!


Really??? Worst thing I have seen for ages. This annyoing voice has become even more annoying. They completely erased John from their history. Like Eddie Van Halen did when they had a row with their bass player and removed him online from the album covers. Be prepared to get "the Miracle" with 3 heads only. Maylor are completely shameful. I really hate them nowadays

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For you, Caroline:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpJHpgyn71Q

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I freaking loved it!!!


Really??? Worst thing I have seen for ages. This annyoing voice has become even more annoying. They completely erased John from their history. Like Eddie Van Halen did when they had a row with their bass player and removed him online from the album covers. Be prepared to get "the Miracle" with 3 heads only. Maylor are completely shameful. I really hate them nowadays


Yeah, I did. I was and still am a bit disappointed John wasn't shown, but I'm glad Freddie was shown. No coronet on AL's head helped too ;-). If AL took the piss out of it, that would have been one thing, but he didn't. He did really well. I can't help but hope no the coronet, etc won't be a part of future Q+AL shows, because I never liked that. I'm glad it wasn't a part of things during this performance.
If Freddie wasn't shown, and AL wore the coronet, acted like a fool who knows what my feelings would be then.
Don't hate me ;-). It's okay if you do ;-).

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Oscars were for Freddie and Queen more than it was about Q+AL, don't get me wrong. I shed a few tears knowing Freddie's and Queen's legacy is still strong, despite it not winning Best Picture. I never could have imagined all this last October.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 08:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I freaking loved it!!!


Really??? Worst thing I have seen for ages. This annyoing voice has become even more annoying. They completely erased John from their history. Like Eddie Van Halen did when they had a row with their bass player and removed him online from the album covers. Be prepared to get "the Miracle" with 3 heads only. Maylor are completely shameful. I really hate them nowadays


Yeah, I did. I was and still am a bit disappointed John wasn't shown, but I'm glad Freddie was shown. No coronet on AL's head helped too ;-). If AL took the piss out of it, that would have been one thing, but he didn't. He did really well. I can't help but hope no the coronet, etc won't be a part of future Q+AL shows, because I never liked that. I'm glad it wasn't a part of things during this performance.
If Freddie wasn't shown, and AL wore the coronet, acted like a fool who knows what my feelings would be then.
Don't hate me ;-). It's okay if you do ;-).


He sounded worse than ever before and looked like his usual twat self

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 08:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

The Oscars were for Freddie and Queen more than it was about Q+AL, don't get me wrong. I shed a few tears knowing Freddie's and Queen's legacy is still strong, despite it not winning Best Picture. I never could have imagined all this last October.


Me neither - i never expected Maylor go that far and insulting their supposed friend with this mess of a movie. QAL was one thing and still is bloody awful but the film goes even beyond that. Just proof that May envied Freddie his whole life until now because he was the King of Queen and not him. I think May will get off watching the scene where Freddie is begging him to get back into the band again. When I saw this for the first time I was totally upset. Still am. Shame on May. He completely lost the plot

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

The Oscars were for Freddie and Queen more than it was about Q+AL, don't get me wrong. I shed a few tears knowing Freddie's and Queen's legacy is still strong, despite it not winning Best Picture. I never could have imagined all this last October.


Me neither - i never expected Maylor go that far and insulting their supposed friend with this mess of a movie. QAL was one thing and still is bloody awful but the film goes even beyond that. Just proof that May envied Freddie his whole life until now because he was the King of Queen and not him. I think May will get off watching the scene where Freddie is begging him to get back into the band again. When I saw this for the first time I was totally upset. Still am. Shame on May. He completely lost the plot



Have you not worked out yet you're in a minority with your biased unbending view. You can't give any credit to any of them because you disagree with their choices and constantly say everything is crap, seriously is it not tiring living life so constantly negative?

I personally think the movie could have been done better but it's obviously connected with a lot of people and Queen music has been back in the itunes charts, tons of new fans or people who'd not really been thinking of Queen are back interested again and getting awards whether you think they're deserved or not all helps with Queen's legacy. I think overall Freddie would be proud of the fact his legacy is still so strong 27 years after his death.




rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Wwry and Watc. No coronet thankfully. But no chance of Freddie and John being shown.
ETA... Freddie was just shown with his cape and crown. I'm not crying, you are ;-)


Given the fact no one ever mentions John, neither Adam in the shows and Brian & Roger rarely in interviews and Rami doesn't mention him I'm getting the feeling he has maybe said he doesn't want any publicity at all. He seems to be living almost as a recluse and maybe he feels if they kept him at the forefront of everyone's mind he'd get people constantly coming up trying to talk to him when he does go out. I'ts obvious from that clip that's floating around where some fans were asking for autographs that all he really wanted was to get away, I just think he want's to live a quiet life away from it all.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Wwry and Watc. No coronet thankfully. But no chance of Freddie and John being shown.
ETA... Freddie was just shown with his cape and crown. I'm not crying, you are ;-)


Given the fact no one ever mentions John, neither Adam in the shows and Brian & Roger rarely in interviews and Rami doesn't mention him I'm getting the feeling he has maybe said he doesn't want any publicity at all. He seems to be living almost as a recluse and maybe he feels if they kept him at the forefront of everyone's mind he'd get people constantly coming up trying to talk to him when he does go out. I'ts obvious from that clip that's floating around where some fans were asking for autographs that all he really wanted was to get away, I just think he want's to live a quiet life away from it all.



He was shown when Roger used to sing DOOL...which I felt was a perfect way to do it. I don't expect John to be shown these days, or even a part of any speeches, mind you. Believe me, I respect the guy, and I respect he is private, but I do think it would be nice if he was shown in the way DOOL was done. Not meaning to sound selfish.