Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL at the Oscars !!!!!

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Got a second power outage right after midnight. Made it to 6:00 am wrapped in blankets. There are wires down on a main road near my neighborhood and they have to wait til winds die down to fix. Able to charge my phone and warm up in my car. Power still out at 9:30. Glad it came on for Oscars. They were awesome but wish they could have done 2 more — maybe BoRhap and GaGa.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@ComicJimDavid Good God almighty, @adamlambert proved what we all said was going to happen 10 years ago on Idol. Bravo!“

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 16:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, thanks for posting that. I agree it was too short. Would have loved BoRhap and Radio Gaga.

Just want to say again that Adam LIVE is a different animal than on recordings!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gotta go out in the 8 degree wind chill to charge my phone again. Hope I get rescued if it doesn’t get fixed before night time again!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Gotta go out in the 8 degree wind chill to charge my phone again. Hope I get rescued if it doesn’t get fixed before night time again!

Please be careful and take care of yourself.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

The Oscars were for Freddie and Queen more than it was about Q+AL, don't get me wrong. I shed a few tears knowing Freddie's and Queen's legacy is still strong, despite it not winning Best Picture. I never could have imagined all this last October.

Me neither - i never expected Maylor go that far and insulting their supposed friend with this mess of a movie. QAL was one thing and still is bloody awful but the film goes even beyond that. Just proof that May envied Freddie his whole life until now because he was the King of Queen and not him. I think May will get off watching the scene where Freddie is begging him to get back into the band again. When I saw this for the first time I was totally upset. Still am. Shame on May. He completely lost the plot

Have you not worked out yet you're in a minority with your biased unbending view. You can't give any credit to any of them because you disagree with their choices and constantly say everything is crap, seriously is it not tiring living life so constantly negative?

I personally think the movie could have been done better but it's obviously connected with a lot of people and Queen music has been back in the itunes charts, tons of new fans or people who'd not really been thinking of Queen are back interested again and getting awards whether you think they're deserved or not all helps with Queen's legacy. I think overall Freddie would be proud of the fact his legacy is still so strong 27 years after his death.

The usual "Freddie would blblabla" - sure Queen is popular in the US again but I could not care less. Queen were always among the greatest in Europe. But Maylor had the desire to bring em nback in the US but what price did they pay? Teaming up with a casting muppet and doing an insulting movie with 90% fiction and lies that Joe Public will take for real. you already have those that say "wow Live Aid was great despite him being to terrbily ill" - what a pile of bullcrap. They completely rewrote history. Not in a good way though

SweetCaroline

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They were awesome last night but too short.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The shorter this bullshit the better

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yeah they were and I agree about Adam live, it's so weird how different he sounds, can't quite work out why.

Hope the power is back on for you or you've managed to get somewhere else, it sounds awful. Keep well wrapped up and take care.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Wwry and Watc. No coronet thankfully. But no chance of Freddie and John being shown.
ETA... Freddie was just shown with his cape and crown. I'm not crying, you are ;-)

Given the fact no one ever mentions John, neither Adam in the shows and Brian & Roger rarely in interviews and Rami doesn't mention him I'm getting the feeling he has maybe said he doesn't want any publicity at all. He seems to be living almost as a recluse and maybe he feels if they kept him at the forefront of everyone's mind he'd get people constantly coming up trying to talk to him when he does go out. I'ts obvious from that clip that's floating around where some fans were asking for autographs that all he really wanted was to get away, I just think he want's to live a quiet life away from it all.

He was shown when Roger used to sing DOOL...which I felt was a perfect way to do it. I don't expect John to be shown these days, or even a part of any speeches, mind you. Believe me, I respect the guy, and I respect he is private, but I do think it would be nice if he was shown in the way DOOL was done. Not meaning to sound selfish.

Yeah I loved that, was lucky enough to have them do DOOL at the show I went to. Think they had that on a few of the 2018 one's as well. I think the montage of them works great but I get why they never mention him I really think he must just want it that way especially when his sons were involved in the movie.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They made history — first rock band to open the Oscars:

http://www.mtv.com/news/3114312/queen-oscars-performance/?utm=share_twitter

SweetCaroline

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweetcaroline, please no Sun links. It's a trash tabloid who treated Freddie like shit in his last years.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Rami Malek: "Queen and Adam Lambert are phenomenal together. I've seen them five times!" #Oscars? ? #Oscars2019? ? @adamlambert rominabrannockglambert's ig story”

“DrBrianMay Thanks Adam. The honour was ours. You smashed it ! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BuUPRRpBG3n/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=4gizyfvamcgl

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, icy and rockchic. At my son’s apartment because power might not get fixed until Wednesday. Spent yesterday watching a tree company removing pretty big trees off of two houses across the street. They were out in that bitter cold for over 5 hours. They gave me an estimate for removing a tree in my side yard that has grown way too big. If the wind had been from the east instead of the west, it probably would have come down.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Regarding why Adam sounds different (and I think better) live than on recordings, I just found this article on auto-tuning from last year:

http://pitchfork.com/features/article/how-auto-tune-revolutionized-the-sound-of-popular-music/

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@adamlambert Truly an honor to continue performing alongside these two legends after 7 years. You’ve changed my life! Im honored to help keep your songs exist as live entertainment! I love u Freddie! @DrBrianMay @OfficialRMT @QueenWillRock pic: Richard Harbaugh/A.M.P.A.S.“

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In case you missed it:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XwbCfVEB5EM

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I freaking loved it!!!

Really??? Worst thing I have seen for ages. This annyoing voice has become even more annoying. They completely erased John from their history. Like Eddie Van Halen did when they had a row with their bass player and removed him online from the album covers. Be prepared to get "the Miracle" with 3 heads only. Maylor are completely shameful. I really hate them nowadays

The Van Halen Bass player is Micheal Anthony, you obviously didn't know, if you had you would have named him.

Yes they showed a picture of Freddie. . . They were playing the Oscars. The film is about Freddie, not John. They were playing to a Hollywood elite audience, do you think a picture of John Deacon would mean anything to most of those people.

I really wish I was as much of a dumb ass thick twat as you because then I might have a chance of understanding where your stupid comments actually cone from.

You could do us all favour and fuck off, but I'm sure you'll stick around just to give us even more proof of you unbridled stupidity while thinking you're achieving something.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, icy, you don’t like tweets but I gotta do this:

“drumfanatik316
I had never seen or heard Adam perform with Queen before until now. All I can say is WOW!!! Amazing voice! Not many can hit notes like that with that much power and sustain!!! Great performance!!!”

How many more are out there who haven’t seen or heard?