Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 'The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story' Airs April 29 on ABC

forum rss feed
Author

sammyfrankfreddie96 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

https://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennewsfeb19c.html?fbclid=IwAR2qiJwzQOp90oUEphFXscFyc1kTSaawaV57q57ydIdcCnuQtnfdNEk_G88#56

For the Q+AL fans, here's the press release for a new documentary coming in April. Is this the first documentary to focus on the post 1992 Queen years?

Curious how everyone feels about this?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just had to vomit - any more details?

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 22:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sammyfrankfreddie96 wrote:

https://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennewsfeb19c.html?fbclid=IwAR2qiJwzQOp90oUEphFXscFyc1kTSaawaV57q57ydIdcCnuQtnfdNEk_G88#56

For the Q+AL fans, here's the press release for a new documentary coming in April. Is this the first documentary to focus on the post 1992 Queen years?

Just saw Bri posted it on facebook, sounds good but it's on ABC, hopefully a UK network will pick it up as well.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3854 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 19, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do know the documentary will make many people happy, and good for them.
But I do wish The Show Must Go On title wasn't used for this.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4171 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The show must go on is an appropriate title because the live shows are going on as well as the biopic bringing their incredible music to new generations!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1106 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think is is also appropriate, as that is what has happened with Queen. They haven't given up and quit playing even though original members have been lost and newer members have gone on to other things. It just shows you how much tenacity and fight Brian and Roger still have, At their age it is an amazing thing to keep that show going!! It also makes sense to use phrases and words that people have always associated with Queen. That way people recognize the connection more easily, which is what they are aiming for. It makes no sense to use some obscure name that doesn't ring any bells when you are trying to figure out who or what it pertains to.That is just smart marketing.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3854 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I think is is also appropriate, as that is what has happened with Queen. They haven't given up and quit playing even though original members have been lost and newer members have gone on to other things. It just shows you how much tenacity and fight Brian and Roger still have, At their age it is an amazing thing to keep that show going!! It also makes sense to use phrases and words that people have always associated with Queen. That way people recognize the connection more easily, which is what they are aiming for. It makes no sense to use some obscure name that doesn't ring any bells when you are trying to figure out who or what it pertains to.That is just smart marketing.

For a few reasons, I wish they would have used something else. Not trying to be a bitch, or whatever, I wish something else was used. TSMGO is an important song, but not because of what happened after Freddie passed away, but because of the emotional and courageous aspect of the song. Freddie and the band nailed it, at a time Freddie was very ill. That stands out to me more than anything than anything Q+AL has done.
Again, not trying to sound like a bitch.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 03:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe I’m wrong but I take that song as a message from Freddie that the show must go on without him!

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1106 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it could also be looked at as just being part of the phrase broadway and every show for 100's of years has used, "the Show must go on" and that has no reference to Freddie's song. He based his song on that phrase, so for many it has no Queen reference necessarily, they would just think of Broadway and how no matter what, no matter who can't sing, the show must go on. That is just what Roger and Brian have done. You could look at a lot of reasons as to why it is a great name for the documentary. Roger and Brian could be thinking, Hey, Freddie, we aren't letting you down, we are out there keeping the music alive. It isn't a sad thought to most people. They would think of it in a positive way since that is how it is meant.

Unniendo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 05:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just amazing! I hope someone can record the broadcast in full HD.

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Maybe I’m wrong but I take that song as a message from Freddie that the show must go on without him!

According to your delusional mind Freddie told them to continue with a ladyboy on vocals? Just another proof that you have no clue when it comes to Queen.
What did they do after Freddies death? Endless Greatest Hits tours and one cd flop. Could be told in 5 minutes

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

snifflese wrote:

For a few reasons, I wish they would have used something else. Not trying to be a bitch, or whatever, I wish something else was used. TSMGO is an important song, but not because of what happened after Freddie passed away, but because of the emotional and courageous aspect of the song. Freddie and the band nailed it, at a time Freddie was very ill. That stands out to me more than anything than anything Q+AL has done.
Again, not trying to sound like a bitch.

I totally understand. The history of the song is lost on some. It is my favorite Queen song, not because it is simply an amazing song, but the history behind it. I hate he could never sing it live, but the fact that he could even sing it all, and to sing it so well . . .

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3688 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 08:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The press release says:

"Freddie Mercury died of AIDS in 1991 and a star-studded tribute concert the following year was thought to be the conclusion of Queen live. “The Show Must Go On” simultaneously follows the ensuing 17 years".

So does this only cover the period up to 2008 ( a year before they even met Lambert?) I'm confused, but I'm guessing this is the usual Queen press release cock up??

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I assume they completely erase John and Paul Rodgers.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3688 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

I assume they completely erase John and Paul Rodgers.

Will be interesting to see if Rodgers get a mention for sure....the 'blurb' seems to be totalyl AL focussed so far.

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oops, sorry but that RS article is a big nothing.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see what you mean about the press release. I would think there would have to be mention of Paul in that history.

http://brianmay.com/queen/queennews/queennewsfeb19c.html#56

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No no no no ........there is no decent history to support Queen+ AL,
This will be painful viewing.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 4330 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Geez this sounds like a blatantly false narrative.

The band HAD continued into Paul Rodgers and then it ducked beneath its tail to become a traveling side show.

However unfortunate, it's not really a band per se, and the most creative elements that have come from these years are Brian May guitars and the NOTW touring stage. Not the unfortunate theatre lot that don't know the music and the other half that come to shows to film Lamberts shoes.

But presentation is everything i suppose. If it's focused more on Glamberts and Pepsi instead of MPT and restoration work on classic albums, then it'll pretty much BE that false narrative.

I'll probably be fool enough to watch. :-/ maybe it won't be THAT bad.

Expect 1/3 interview, 1/3 intersecting narrative about resurgence with film and Rami all over it, last 1/3 Lambercini.

Prob very little utilized Fred footage. No mention of Montserrat and false narrative of film

Hype to sell those last unsold broker tickets. And good for them i guess!

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"