Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 'The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story' Airs April 29 on ABC

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 May 19, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don’t care what others think or believe. I share my enthusiasm about something that is special and magical. If it were Freddie instead of Adam that I was seeing in 2014, 2017 and 2019, I would probably be jumping up and down about him.

If there are negative tweets about the documentary they haven’t come up on my feed.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I don’t care what others think or believe. I share my enthusiasm about something that is special and magical. If it were Freddie instead of Adam that I was seeing in 2014, 2017 and 2019, I would probably be jumping up and down about him.

If there are negative tweets about the documentary they haven’t come up on my feed.

You do "care". Your modus operandi through the years has been to go on the attack if people don't feel the way you do about AL. And you ( still! ) spam away about him, take your tweets that you copied and pasted here here one after the other. You let it it slip that you post them because you hope that will change people's minds. Freddie sent AL, AL replaced Freddie what are we all supposed to do about that? that? Ap No thanks.
I don't believe you would probably be jumping up and down if it were Freddie instead of AL. Your shock about some of what Freddie wore, your thoughtless remarks about him...years no probably about it. You wouldn't be.
I get some of your excitement, but I think you post some things without thinking. I'm sure you will go back on QOL on May 25th and do your usual. You wasted no time after your previous ban. What will it be this time? I just wonder if you will have the guts to blame me for your bans over there like you've done here every time you were under a ban.
I wish you the best, I really do. I wish you took time to reflect, but no, your are too busy doing the same old things.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 05:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SC would not get it if she swallowed a shit sandwhich. Which is what QAL is: A disrespectful non creative nostalgia shitfest. Tasteless boring and destroying a once mighty force. Sold on Freddie s back.

What was said about QPR as I surely wont watch this crap can anyone tell?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 01 May 19, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look what I just found:

httpp://www.pscp.tv/w/b5ktXjF4blFyWFdKWXh5all8MU93eFdrZ3BYcWV4UXKCF8o_6pgGrqRmJ7zfvWzi0Qj3GEX54vAQqarjhzre?t=26s

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

SC would not get it if she swallowed a shit sandwhich. Which is what QAL is: A disrespectful non creative nostalgia shitfest. Tasteless boring and destroying a once mighty force. Sold on Freddie s back.

What was said about QPR as I surely wont watch this crap can anyone tell?

You do know that's just your opinion and out in the real world people love them, most people don't think like you and if you could be bothered to watch it you'd see you are completely wrong, but whatever, it's not like they're short of fans who love them.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4402 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unbelievable that it's been almost 10 years since they first performed with Adam Lambert. Who remembers the 1999-2005 years when we would cling onto a short appearance at Pavarotti and Friends, a Brian May guest appearance on Roger's Wolverhampton show etc. I'm not a big fan of the collaboration with Lambert, but can you think of any other band whose most famous member passed away that long ago, went defunct for almost 15 years and then returned in such a big way? Props to Brian and Roger for a job well done.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts

Posted: 01 May 19, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^^ this.
Although it does seem to be beyond some people's memory to think back to those days. It also goes far beyond their capacity to not be a fan but be happy that the band are able to enjoy the success they have now.

Posted: 01 May 19, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is not even a "Band" anymore. It is the Maylor vanity projekt especially made for bigging up May's ego and a few stand ins

SweetCaroline

Posted: 01 May 19, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice .....

“I'll be honest, I've NEVER heard @adamlambert front for @QueenWillRock until tonight's #Queen documentary on ABC because I never wanted to hear anyone but Freddie sing those songs but @DrBrianMay & @OfficialRMT chose VERY wisely!”

Posted: 02 May 19, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Nice .....

“I'll be honest, I've NEVER heard @adamlambert front for @QueenWillRock until tonight's #Queen documentary on ABC because I never wanted to hear anyone but Freddie sing those songs but @DrBrianMay & @OfficialRMT chose VERY wisely!”

One of your mental homes Friends posting or one of your multiple accounts?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 May 19, 05:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nobody I know. Just came up on my twitter feed. It is gratifying to see people who are seeing Adam for the first time responding so positively to him.

As I’ve been saying for 10 years, to see him, especially live, is to love him! Period!

Posted: 02 May 19, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When i see him i am about to throw up and cover my ears as soon as I can

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 May 19, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another interesting tweet:

“Just an FYI re SMGO telecast. i've worked on many Music Documentary Specials which have aired on major networks and they usually don't do fantastic in ratings especially against recurring hit series. That said 5.61 million is a huge number for a music documentary - HUGE.”

Posted: 02 May 19, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Masses are asses sometimes. In QAL's case most certainly

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For all the haters out there: Listen to Roger. He tells it, how he and many fans feel. If you don’t like it: fine. But don‘t come. The same rule should apply for this section of the forum.
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7kfz1B9NF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10qf3685lwr3n

rsmh96 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 5 posts

Posted: 02 May 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"We're not trying to recreate our dear Freddie. So if people do think that, I have no patience with them, please don't come, but if you just want to enjoy our music done really well, please do come. Comparisons with Freddie are wasting time. You just have to cope with it, because people are so fucking unimaginative. I mean, you know, Fred's dead. And he's not gonna be there. So if you come to see us, you're not gonna see him!"
- Roger Taylor

I think a lot of people on Queenzone need to think about this long and hard, no matter if you like Adam Lambert or not. It's fucking hard to stand in for Freddie Mercury. And he certainly ain't no Freddie. But of course he isn't. *Nobody* can match Freddie Mercury. But there's nobody else Queen could possibly collaborate with excluding Marc Martel (and Marc would only be the best choice if Adam left really, because Adam's name alone sells tickets to younger, non-queen audiences - gotta think about the money!)
They have to continue touring. They've lasted this long, why not continue it?

Posted: 02 May 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

For all the haters out there: Listen to Roger. He tells it, how he and many fans feel. If you don’t like it: fine. But don‘t come. The same rule should apply for this section of the forum.
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bw7kfz1B9NF/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=10qf3685lwr3n

He comes across as if he wants to apologize what they do. And he is fucking arrogant when it comes to tribute bands - Cruise ship? That is where his current pop crooner is ending soon.
He is drumming for a tribute band right now. Twat