Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 'The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story' Airs April 29 on ABC

forum rss feed
Author

infiniticz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 36 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

17 Year? I guess it's a mistake - 7 years (with AL) would fit better. So sadly no chapter about PR...

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z, what do you want them to say about Montserrat?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bucstateflon .... They will be NO new Queen album with the dreadful Adam Lambert as it was confirmed at the Oscars on sunday.
May & Taylor have confirmed they will NOT be recording with Adam Lambert at all.
Great news for us choosy Queen fans.
Queen should rightfully be only on Cd with Freddie & John.
I think May & Taylor realise how hated Lambert is among us Queen fans.
Still it is excellent news.

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

Bucstateflon .... They will be NO new Queen album with the dreadful Adam Lambert as it was confirmed at the Oscars on sunday.
May & Taylor have confirmed they will NOT be recording with Adam Lambert at all.
Great news for us choosy Queen fans.
Queen should rightfully be only on Cd with Freddie & John.
I think May & Taylor realise how hated Lambert is among us Queen fans.
Still it is excellent news.

You still don't get it? Nothing personal but Queen's tours with Adam Lambert are happening only because the overwhelming fans support....
Also, there definitely will be their live album released soon!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 18:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

I assume they completely erase John and Paul Rodgers.

I think so too. Likely the only mentions of Freddie will be is how AL was inspired by him, Brian will likely say how much Freddie would have loved AL, stuff like that.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

The press release says:

"Freddie Mercury died of AIDS in 1991 and a star-studded tribute concert the following year was thought to be the conclusion of Queen live. “The Show Must Go On” simultaneously follows the ensuing 17 years".

So does this only cover the period up to 2008 ( a year before they even met Lambert?) I'm confused, but I'm guessing this is the usual Queen press release cock up??

Could be nothing but some guy on YT said they were in the studio with Paul just before the Vegas stint, I thought he was wrong at the time but maybe they have filmed some documentary footage with Paul for this.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

snifflese wrote:

I think is is also appropriate, as that is what has happened with Queen. They haven't given up and quit playing even though original members have been lost and newer members have gone on to other things. It just shows you how much tenacity and fight Brian and Roger still have, At their age it is an amazing thing to keep that show going!! It also makes sense to use phrases and words that people have always associated with Queen. That way people recognize the connection more easily, which is what they are aiming for. It makes no sense to use some obscure name that doesn't ring any bells when you are trying to figure out who or what it pertains to.That is just smart marketing.

For a few reasons, I wish they would have used something else. Not trying to be a bitch, or whatever, I wish something else was used. TSMGO is an important song, but not because of what happened after Freddie passed away, but because of the emotional and courageous aspect of the song. Freddie and the band nailed it, at a time Freddie was very ill. That stands out to me more than anything than anything Q+AL has done.
Again, not trying to sound like a bitch.

I totally understand. The history of the song is lost on some. It is my favorite Queen song, not because it is simply an amazing song, but the history behind it. I hate he could never sing it live, but the fact that he could even sing it all, and to sing it so well . . .

Thanks for understanding. Obviously, it's lost on some people who think it was written for what would happen after Freddie passed away.
It's one of my favorite songs ever. A heck of a song, great lyrics and vocals, it's a stunning, powerful message really.
I do think it's a shame and a pretty big one that it is used to promote Q+AL, and it will be heavy on the AL focus, I expect.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven’t heard anything about a live album. Is that true?

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But it only has special meaning for some Queen fans. Most folks probably have no clue it was written by Freddie, the younger ones may not even know it is a Queen song. Most people don't have your specialized knowledge. It is an old term, incorporated by Freddie into a song, but it means carrying on and that is what Brian and Roger are doing. I just don't see the big problem with it. Everything they do seems to be an issue for you as to why they did it, why did they use that term, or that gimmick. Sometimes a thing is what it is and nothing more. I am sure the average fan would think it is quite apropos.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

But it only has special meaning for some Queen fans. Most folks probably have no clue it was written by Freddie, the younger ones may not even know it is a Queen song. Most people don't have your specialized knowledge. It is an old term, incorporated by Freddie into a song, but it means carrying on and that is what Brian and Roger are doing. I just don't see the big problem with it. Everything they do seems to be an issue for you as to why they did it, why did they use that term, or that gimmick. Sometimes a thing is what it is and nothing more. I am sure the average fan would think it is quite apropos.

It's an important song, for sure, it is a shame the history of it is not known by some. It's one of the most important Queen songs, and I'd go as far as to say it's one of the most important songs from the 1990's.
First off, it wasn't written just by Freddie. ;-).
Of course you don't see a problem with it :-/.
I may or not be alone how I feel about it, but yes I wish it wouldn't be used to promote AL or even Q+AL.
I wonder if you knew more about the song, would you feel the same way about it? Genuine question.

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, it makes no difference to me at all who wrote it. If all four wrote it, then I see less of a problem using it. Honestly, Icy, the majority of people around here have no clue half of the songs that are are Queen's songs. None of my friends could pick out a Queen song other than the very basic ones and I was in schools with teenagers for quite a while and it is only us old timers who know all that much about Queen and apparently, as you well know, I know very little. So most folks know hardly anything at all based on my experiences. It isn't a problem for any of those folks and that would be the vast majority here in the US. I think it is the perfect choice myself, both relating to a band going on in spite of everything that happened to Freddie and plowing forward in the traditional sense. I guess things don't affect me nearly as much as they seem to affect you. I think I am a little more pragmatic, although I do cry easily over things, but this one doesn't get my wheels spinning. It isn't just because of Adam either. I applaud groups who can find new members and just carry on and that applies to every aspect of life, not just a band. We can't all sit and wallow in sadness and take everything so personally and this isn't a family member or a friend, so I just don't get the personal angle at all. For me the name is just about perfect. I think it is the Adam angle that has your wheels spinning as usual.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gee, I wonder what my “dear friend” and confirmed Adam hater at QOL, Mr. JLP, thinks about THIS:

http://www.queenonline.com/news/press-release-the-show-must-go-on-the-queen-adam-lambert-story

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

No, it makes no difference to me at all who wrote it. If all four wrote it, then I see less of a problem using it. Honestly, Icy, the majority of people around here have no clue half of the songs that are are Queen's songs. None of my friends could pick out a Queen song other than the very basic ones and I was in schools with teenagers for quite a while and it is only us old timers who know all that much about Queen and apparently, as you well know, I know very little. So most folks know hardly anything at all based on my experiences. It isn't a problem for any of those folks and that would be the vast majority here in the US. I think it is the perfect choice myself, both relating to a band going on in spite of everything that happened to Freddie and plowing forward in the traditional sense. I guess things don't affect me nearly as much as they seem to affect you. I think I am a little more pragmatic, although I do cry easily over things, but this one doesn't get my wheels spinning. It isn't just because of Adam either. I applaud groups who can find new members and just carry on and that applies to every aspect of life, not just a band. We can't all sit and wallow in sadness and take everything so personally and this isn't a family member or a friend, so I just don't get the personal angle at all. For me the name is just about perfect. I think it is the Adam angle that has your wheels spinning as usual.

It's am important for dozens of reasons, not just because of who wrote it. Heck, I don't think you truly understand why the song is so important.
Even my niece and nephew can pick out a few Queen songs, they are less than years old. Right now, Queen is extremely popular, and that's in huge part because of the biopic. I do think it's a shame Brian and Roger want to promote AL and Q+AL instead of working on Queen music that may be left in the vaults.
You don't have to have a go at me because you think this is affecting me. I'm going my POVs about using the title, and what I feel could be the documentary angle. I'm a Queen fan first and foremost, doesn't mean I can't state how I feel about this as well. I haven't been offensive, in my views at all here. Don't know why you are trying to get personal with me again.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Gee, I wonder what my “dear friend” and confirmed Adam hater at QOL, Mr. JLP, thinks about THIS:

http://www.queenonline.com/news/press-release-the-show-must-go-on-the-queen-adam-lambert-story

Why would you want to know what he thinks?

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, I am not having a go at you, honestly, but you find offense with everything that QAL does. That sons shouldn't be sung by Adam if it was a certain Freddie song or from a Certain album and the list is endless. Your relatives know Queen because they are learning it from you. The average kid in America doesn't have a clue for the most part unless they have parents who love Queen. That is the honest truth from all the kids I have seen in my time (and it is a lot). Yea, Queen is popular now, but it is still overwhelmingly older Queen fans and Adam fans. There is a huge universe out there that is not at all familiar with Queen. For me I would like to see more of what Queen is doing now as QAL. The vaults are great, but they don't mean to me what they do to you. I want a QAL DVD and I would love to hear a song or two written by QAL. I guess I live for the now and you live for the past, both different acceptable POV's.

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You don't have to spend much time on that one, Caroline. He probably doesn't think much about it at all and would prefer not to ever have to think about it. Things change and we can't all stay stuck in the past. He is welcome to his opinion, but he is rather a curmudgeon to any Adam fans and I don't find that appropriate as the mod in the QAL part of the forum as one can't be fair when they are that biased. The less he appears in the postings, the better.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Thanks for understanding. Obviously, it's lost on some people who think it was written for what would happen after Freddie passed away.
It's one of my favorite songs ever. A heck of a song, great lyrics and vocals, it's a stunning, powerful message really.
I do think it's a shame and a pretty big one that it is used to promote Q+AL, and it will be heavy on the AL focus, I expect.

Glamtarts dont get Queen so dont expect them to get the meaning of the song. Just another shameful action by Maylor. QAL/The movie----what comes next???

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 19, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

But it only has special meaning for some Queen fans. Most folks probably have no clue it was written by Freddie,

It was mainly written by Brian you stupid fuckwhit