Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 'The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story' Airs April 29 on ABC

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’d love to have an official DVD of those fantastic Vegas residency gigs!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More and more FB comments are popping up from pple who absolutely hate Lamebird. Seems ppl finally see the light. EVen on the Official Queen site there are loads of negative reviews of the Oscar appearance. And if you look further on sites like CLassicrock oder blabbermouth where non biased pple are posting you see about 95% negative remarks, which are spot on of course. Maylor are the laughing stock of classic rock sadly

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

More and more FB comments are popping up from pple who absolutely hate Lamebird. Seems ppl finally see the light. EVen on the Official Queen site there are loads of negative reviews of the Oscar appearance. And if you look further on sites like CLassicrock oder blabbermouth where non biased pple are posting you see about 95% negative remarks, which are spot on of course. Maylor are the laughing stock of classic rock sadly

You're making yourself a laughing stock keep flogging that same dead horse, out of the millions who watched the Oscars you're gonna get more comments, when people stop going to their shows I'll start to care, until then......

Incidentally I personally don't think that Oscars performance, give they had less than 4 mins and sang two songs that don't really show off anything of what they can do isn't a good representation and anyone who bases their opinion of them on that small clip is daft. If that was the first time I saw them and I liked Queen music I'd check them out properly on YT before making up my mind, guess it shows the small minded idiots that troll FB.

Posted: 27 Feb 19, 23:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah right - those who hate the tool are "idiots" - Glamtarts doing their best-insulting those with taste.

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

yeah right - those who hate the tool are "idiots" - Glamtarts doing their best-insulting those with taste.

It's not just about hating Adam they really think Bri & Roger should be touring with Marc, the guy who spends his entire time copying Freddie, putting endless copies of his songs on YT and uses the title of the song first so people see them when they search the original. There's already plenty comments asking him to record more and more Queen songs because "he has a better voice than Freddie" and they prefer his versions!!!! There's no chance Adam will be doing that, you should be glad they didn't choose Marc or his fans would be taking over everywhere claiming how much better Queen are now with Marc. There's even fans who think he plays piano better than Freddie and Brian would be scared to have him because he'd outshine him on guitar!!!

Fkn delusional assholes, so I for one am glad Bri & Roger had the sense not to pick a Freddie clone.

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Circle of Eidolon has read the above post. Wise words from Rockchic. With regard to Marc Martel the last lines say everything.

Martel has made his mark by sounding like Freddie, copying an artist and not being uniquely creative. That to some people carries more merit than being a creative singer and developing a unique style.

Had Brian and Roger toured with Martel how do you think they would feel having what would eventually appear to them as a shallow copy of the person they once shared the stage with

There is no argument in this, it is as it is. The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cirlce of Eidolon Copying is something Lambert does in bucket loads.
At the Bafta awards he came on stage with a flag cape and done exactly what Freddie used to do by facing Rogers drums and showing off the flag cape.
Not to mention the crown he wore and moving next to Brian like Freddie used to do.
Lambert has nothing to offer the rock fans out there, he is a fake and would be sweet fa if Brian and Roger were not on stage with him and if there was no Queen music provided.
Your argument has lost.

Inspired

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic You are talking shite.
Marc Martel a better guitarist than Brian May, get real. And no one is a better singer than Freddie Mercury not even your fag boy Adam.

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

Marc Martel a better guitarist than Brian May, get real. And no one is a better singer than Freddie Mercury not even your fag boy Adam.

Gerry strikes again - do you even read posts properly at all?

IT'S NOT ME SAYING MARC'S BETTER HIS FANS ARE, they are on every video of Queen + and Marc's copy video's saying he's Freddie reincarnated, he sings better than Freddie could live, they prefer his versions etc. And these fans are asking him to do one take versions of songs like March of The Black Queen and other less mainstream songs so presumably they are Queen fans and not just his own fans. They say things like don't die again, don't get aids etc - they are seriously delusional.

And where have I ever said Adam is better than Freddie? You won't find it because I haven't, I'm a Queen fan first and foremost but I do love being able to see them live and I do think Adam is great, but better than Freddie - no. As for better guitarists, there are some amazing guitarists out there and some are probably technically better than Brian, he'll even say that himself, but I love his unique style so for me he is my favourite and Martel couldn't even hope to come a tiny bit close.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock singers never face their drummers or sing back to back with their guitarists! I would say Adam involves the other guys a lot more than Freddie ever did. Get a life if that is all the criticism you can come up with.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock singers never face their drummers or sing back to back with their guitarists! I would say Adam involves the other guys a lot more than Freddie ever did. Get a life if that is all the criticism you can come up with.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

You're in such a rush to criticise you don't even understand what your criticising.

In all honesty it's you that is talking shite.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 19, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

Cirlce of Eidolon Copying is something Lambert does in bucket loads.
At the Bafta awards he came on stage with a flag cape and done exactly what Freddie used to do by facing Rogers drums and showing off the flag cape.
Not to mention the crown he wore and moving next to Brian like Freddie used to do.
Lambert has nothing to offer the rock fans out there, he is a fake and would be sweet fa if Brian and Roger were not on stage with him and if there was no Queen music provided.
Your argument has lost.

You've missed the point, I think the circle of eidolon was talking sense here ( he usually does) Martel is great at sounding like Freddie, so what. Freddie sounded like Freddie and sounded better than Martel.

Lambert, like him or not, sounds like Lambert. That will always carry more weight artistically then sounding like Someone else.

If I was to paint a copy of the mona Lisa it wouldn't make me Leonardo da Vinci. However if I panted my own painting I would be more creditable then someone who copies.

I doubt you'll understand a word of that

Inspired

Posted: 01 Mar 19, 15:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH i get that and that is why Lambert is unsuitable for Queen because he is not Freddie and those songs need Freddie's vocals.
I think the way in which he sings Queen music is plastic cheesy and not enjoyable for me at all.
Yes we know he sings the Queen back catalogue but his voice is sharp and thin with no tone and style to it, typically a plain Jane sort of singer!

SweetCaroline

Inspired

Posted: 02 Mar 19, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline You seem pretty adamant is promoting AL and you should be his P.A. !

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Mar 19, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold, so are you mellowing out a bit after watching their showstopping performance on the Oscars?

Last night I watched the whole Queen Hungarian Rhapsody concert on AXS TV even though I have the DVD and have watched it before. I saw some things I had missed before, like Freddie crawling on the floor which Adam was criticized for in his performance of GDML. Freddie was really a non-stop lightning bolt of energy on stage which is probably why Adam was called a stiff giraffe by comparison. Actually, giraffes are quite graceful in their movements and not stiff. But Freddie was a mover, up and down those steps and ramps! Amazing how he could belt out those songs simultaneously without being out of breath.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Mar 19, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another thing: Why does QAL get so much grief for playing the hits and not the back catalogue when the original band did exactly the same thing in the ‘80’s?

Posted: 03 Mar 19, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Gold, so are you mellowing out a bit after watching their showstopping performance on the Oscars?

Last night I watched the whole Queen Hungarian Rhapsody concert on AXS TV even though I have the DVD and have watched it before. I saw some things I had missed before, like Freddie crawling on the floor which Adam was criticized for in his performance of GDML. Freddie was really a non-stop lightning bolt of energy on stage which is probably why Adam was called a stiff giraffe by comparison. Actually, giraffes are quite graceful in their movements and not stiff. But Freddie was a mover, up and down those steps and ramps! Amazing how he could belt out those songs simultaneously without being out of breath.

Finally you get it that Lamebird is called Lamebird for a reason

Inspired

Posted: 04 Mar 19, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline: No i am not mellowing because i feel Lambert is covered in a smokescreen of Queen music and the kids of today cannot see how trash he is without the Queen music.
As i have pointed out before his own material is bland depressing and flat and the new album will be in the bargain bin soon.
No Queen music = no career for Adam.