Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 'The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story' Airs April 29 on ABC

forum rss feed
Author

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 19, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie is worth so much more than this clown.

Attachment: 2019361941398100.jpg 61 KB
This has been downloaded 14 time(s).


SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 19, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam’s not a clown. He is a gorgeous man.

http://lilybop.smugmug.com/Queenbert-2018/QAL-MZ-OZ-2018/Perth-Mar-6/i-kpPGnQZ



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 19, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Somehow I don't think they have lost millions of Queen fans. I think they have gained many millions of new fans who are thrilled to see them each tour. You know, at one point Freddie was a nobody who they took on. He wasn't the great Freddie the first day. He evolved into the star that he later became. Adam had evolved in his singing and his stage persona over the last 6 years. If you read reviews (other than Queen boards, where they are predisposed not to like QAL), there are thousands and thousands of positive reviews. Many are from old Queen fans who say they were not on board with this, but after seeing them, love the show. Should Caroline start posting all the reviews from former die hard Queen fans?? It is hard to evaluate from seeing it online. The pics aren't the best and somehow Adam's voice sounds way different in the venue than recorded. Since he has such a wide range it is hard to record due to the compression (I think) which changes depending on the octaves, so where it might sound wonderful for part, it isn't quite right when he goes up in stratosphere. He really doesn't have a thin voice. It rings throughout whatever venue he sings in. I am not just saying that, it really is true. That is why Adam fiddles with his ear phones a lot because he knows the sound isn't right. He puts on a dynamite show along with Brian and Roger and the other guys and I would bet 95% or more of the fans in the audience are very satisfied. You hardly ever read a review from someone who was ACTUALLY AT THE SHOW who said that it sucked. Even the critics are pretty much effusive nowadays with the show. Mel B and die hard Queen fans who haven't been to a show aren't much to base your negative opinion on.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 19, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IOW, go to a show or STFU !!!!! LOLOLOL





Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 19, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Brancelli, if you see this, can I message you? Hoping you will see this. It's absolutely understandable if you say no.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 19, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

IOW, go to a show or STFU !!!!! LOLOLOL





http://goo.gl/images/DgFASa


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Somehow I don't think they have lost millions of Queen fans. I think they have gained many millions of new fans who are thrilled to see them each tour. You know, at one point Freddie was a nobody who they took on. He wasn't the great Freddie the first day. He evolved into the star that he later became. Adam had evolved in his singing and his stage persona over the last 6 years. If you read reviews (other than Queen boards, where they are predisposed not to like QAL), there are thousands and thousands of positive reviews. Many are from old Queen fans who say they were not on board with this, but after seeing them, love the show. Should Caroline start posting all the reviews from former die hard Queen fans?? It is hard to evaluate from seeing it online. The pics aren't the best and somehow Adam's voice sounds way different in the venue than recorded. Since he has such a wide range it is hard to record due to the compression (I think) which changes depending on the octaves, so where it might sound wonderful for part, it isn't quite right when he goes up in stratosphere. He really doesn't have a thin voice. It rings throughout whatever venue he sings in. I am not just saying that, it really is true. That is why Adam fiddles with his ear phones a lot because he knows the sound isn't right. He puts on a dynamite show along with Brian and Roger and the other guys and I would bet 95% or more of the fans in the audience are very satisfied. You hardly ever read a review from someone who was ACTUALLY AT THE SHOW who said that it sucked. Even the critics are pretty much effusive nowadays with the show. Mel B and die hard Queen fans who haven't been to a show aren't much to base your negative opinion on.


Again you delusional moron do everything to put Freddie Down while bigging the talentfree ladyboy up. Yeah Freddie was a nobody but I got news for you: Lamebird still is a nobody even after the QAL hype. Noone is going to a QAL Show because of him except a few freaks like the 3 of you on here. His new song has flopped again. And you obviously spoke to the "millions of die hard Queen fans" who are Lamebird addicts now i guess???
Noone gives a shit about him. If you read the FB comments on sites like Classic Rock Blabbermouth etc after the Oscars they got flack from almost anyone. Mostly for Lambert turning Queen songs into lame cabaret Versions as his girl voice has no power and grit at all. And yeah right he Sounds thin on recordings because of the recording equipment. Lol. How delusional can you get???

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner, get back under your bridge!

http://www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/50384089554705248/

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 07:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Feel Something has NOT flopped!

http://www.billboard.com/charts/digital-song-sales

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has to be said Lambert is horse shit, he has got a razor thin sharp thin voice and it has no style about it.
"Runner" is correct Lambert has had a lot of bad reviews on social media, one girl says " He cant even sing on key" then another says " no one better than Freddie" at last the public realise he is a gimmick, and gimmicks do not last forever as people get bored with them. Lambert is not creative in any shape or form, he just sings Queen songs for a living, how sad is that!
He is like the cheesy Jane Mcdonald over here who sings artists songs for a living, nothing special in that.
Behind all the glitter and eyeliner is a very unstable insecure homosexual man who knows he is an alien to Queen fans hence all his depression, anxiety, panic attacks, its only because he knows he is ripping fans off.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1750 posts
add to buddy list send PM

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1750 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

Has to be said Lambert is horse shit, he has got a razor thin sharp thin voice and it has no style about it.
"Runner" is correct Lambert has had a lot of bad reviews on social media, one girl says " He cant even sing on key" then another says " no one better than Freddie" at last the public realise he is a gimmick, and gimmicks do not last forever as people get bored with them. Lambert is not creative in any shape or form, he just sings Queen songs for a living, how sad is that!
He is like the cheesy Jane Mcdonald over here who sings artists songs for a living, nothing special in that.
Behind all the glitter and eyeliner is a very unstable insecure homosexual man who knows he is an alien to Queen fans hence all his depression, anxiety, panic attacks, its only because he knows he is ripping fans off.


Lots of people say no one better than Freddie, I wouldn't expect anything different and Adam's the first to say the same, he doesn't compare himself with him or expect anyone else to. You're wrong about not being creative and just because he likes to play with Queen doesn't mean he's giving up his own career, he's done plenty things solo and will be releasing new solo music soon as well. You should be glad he does that, if he were the type of person you think he'd be churning out Queen covers on his Youtube channel and he'd be doing well out of them judging by how many people ask him to cover Queen songs. He doesn't rip anyone off, no one is being fooled and there's enough vids on Youtube that anyone considering seeing them live and paying for tickets can check them out first, hell there's probably more live vids of QAL and Adam solo than other bands due to Adam's fans recording everything he ever does.

No idea where you get the idea he has anxiety or panic attacks, he's never mentioned either of those things and depression can happen to anyone when things are out of your control or even for no outside reason. He went through a bit of a bad patch due to some personal stuff same as a lot of people, lets not make it into some major thing that it wasn't.



SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is pitch perfect and has NEVER sung off key in his life! Stop the lying about him.

He has traveled from one end of the globe to the other and with very little rehearsal (and sleep) pulled off some pretty fantastic live performances. The Kennedy Center, Elvis Special and Oscars are recent examples.

A few years ago when he flew from a solo performance in Dubai to do a David Bowie tribute at the Clive Davis pre-Grammy event is another.

Any depression he has suffered is from 10 years of dealing with assholes like YOU!



SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 12:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert has been off key loads of times so stop denying that.
Further more lots of Queen fans on social media have been saying they prefer George Michael any day over Adam Lambert to work with Queen.
I for one agree, George is a better vocalist by miles than Lambert.

Attachment: 201937468126390.jpg 46 KB
This has been downloaded 2 time(s).


Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

Lambert has been off key loads of times so stop denying that.
Further more lots of Queen fans on social media have been saying they prefer George Michael any day over Adam Lambert to work with Queen.
I for one agree, George is a better vocalist by miles than Lambert.


Please don't hesitate to post links to all the recordings you've witnessed where Lambert is off key

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gold wrote:

Behind all the glitter and eyeliner is a very unstable insecure homosexual man who knows he is an alien to Queen fans hence all his depression, anxiety, panic attacks, its only because he knows he is ripping fans off.


Why do you feel a need to justify your shallow arguments by bringing Lamberts sexuality into the topic.

Having done that you then make up mental health issues and then use that to criticise him.

You're a class act Gerry!

Meanwhile in the real world broad minded genuin Queen fans have bought loads of tickets as have Lambert fans and sold out the US tour. Seems you and your social media crowd you keep quoting have it somewhat wrong.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony Adam has had mental health issues so wise up before spouting your useless gob off.
I know you are glambert and i feel so sorry that you accept this weak diluted down version of Queen.
Many on here detest "Mays" new Queen band but we will not accept it not like you idiots.

Attachment: 201937773155047.jpg 55 KB
This has been downloaded 3 time(s).


runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is pitch perfect and has NEVER sung off key in his life! Stop the lying about him.

He has traveled from one end of the globe to the other and with very little rehearsal (and sleep) pulled off some pretty fantastic live performances. The Kennedy Center, Elvis Special and Oscars are recent examples.

A few years ago when he flew from a solo performance in Dubai to do a David Bowie tribute at the Clive Davis pre-Grammy event is another.

Any depression he has suffered is from 10 years of dealing with assholes like YOU!



Shut up you namecalling mentally sick cunt who is obsessed by the wacko ladyboy

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 19, 18:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Runner, learn to read and comprehend English before you start your rant. I don't think I said anything about converting millions of die hard Queens anywhere in my post. I think I said QAL has gained millions of new fans (of any persuasion) after doing close to 200 shows. Their music with Adam is advertised all over online, in the mags, on billboards, on TV, so I imagine QAL has garnered many newly interested fans and some who maybe hadn't tuned in to to Queen or Adam for a while. I think I said I have read MANY (not millions) of posts from die hards who have been pleasantly surprised by their concert. As far as smearing Freddie by saying he was also once a nobody and evolved into the star he became. Not sure how that is bigging up Adam ( I would quit using that phrase as Icy is the only person who has ever said that and it is odd at best). Freddie started from scratch and had to train his naturally baritone voice to do all the things he wound up being able to do. It didn't start on Day one, you know? You are most definitely looking to pick a fight.

You obviously are looking at the very biased places with "delusional morons" like youself who can't abide anyone but Freddie. There are many other less biased sites where reviews are quite different. I guess it must be those millions who have already bought all the tickets for the next tour (since there are NONE LEFT!!!!). Otherwise Sweet Caroline, Icy, and I must be racking up frequent flyer miles attending each and every one of those concerts, since you think no one else is attending. What a douche bag you are!! Just for your info, people recording at live events don't get great sound. I am not talking about professional recordings in a studio. Those are stellar, but his live voice beats even that and you can only hear it, if your butt is in the concert hall. You have no clue!

As far as you, Mr Gold, everybody has negative reviews somewhere. It all depends on where you are looking for them. If you go to a site heavily populated by die hard Queen fans, that is what you will find (but not always - I have read many who are surprised they like QAL so much, even in those places). Go to Ticketmaster reviews where unbiased people who ACTUALLY ATTENDED leave reviews and you will see there are hardly any negative ones. The remark about Adam being off key is the funniest thing I have ever read about him. Anyone who follows him knows he is one of the best technical singers in the world. I have listened to so many you tubes and been to his concerts and there is one instance at the AMA's where he was totally off and one note in Mad World on Idol, that he corrected as he held it out. That is pretty much it and I don't have a tin ear like the girl who left that remark. Adam is not auto tuned and he sings live always and he still sings in tune, on key, which you can't say about 75% of the singers today. If it weren't for auto tune or lip synching a lot of them would never have gotten popular. Taylor Swift come to mind? You can say a lot of things about Adam, but off key is definitely not one of them. Just curious, you did know that Freddie was a homosexual also, right? And that he was more than likely plagued by anxiety and depression due to the appalling attitudes towards gay people back then? People deal with stuff and there are probably more depressed, anxious people than there have ever been. It is just part of the human condition and artistic people seem to get a bigger dose than others. Throw in the homosexual angle and it is an issue that is tough to deal with, even now. I feel for any person who has issues to deal with and I don't mock them for it. I imagine you and Runner have quite a few issues yourselves based on some of your cruder statements.