Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 'The Show Must Go On: The Queen + Adam Lambert Story' Airs April 29 on ABC

forum rss feed
Author

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Seeing the annoying goat lying on the couch singing KQ makes this article completely contradictional as noone with a sane mind would find this in any way any good

Lots of people loved that part of the show me included, it's meant to be funny but I guess you have to have a sense of humor to enjoy it, luckily plenty of fans do.

Yeah you're right. The other thing is that he's still moaning about something they did 4 and 5 years ago.

I wonder what this narrow minded fool made of the IWTBF and Geart Pretender videos

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Riding around the stage on a tricycle is just damn right embarrassing for any decent Queen fan to stomach.
Lambert has turned Queen into a spinal tap performance, and how on earth can anyone who is a serious rock fan accept that?
Glad i never wasted money on any post Freddie tour.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some don't have the capacity or breadth of view to see or understand humour

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is Freddie prancing around in onesies and tighty whiteys or dressed in drag as a housewife in their video any different? OMG, how shocking is that??? Mind you, I have NO problem with any of it as it was for entertainment and just fun. But that is what Adam does on the trike and the couch. People ( at the concert - cause I have been to both tours!! )
WAIT for this section of the show and absolutely LOVE IT!!! There are plenty of old Queen fans, let me tell you. It is but one section of an entire concert. The Show tells a story divided into musical sections with emphasis on certain things and this part is the tongue in cheek, more whimsical, fun part of the show. Take your disgust elsewhere, since Freddie in some of his shows and videos did just about the same thing. Either they are both awful or neither one is. You just have to find something different to moan about. Earth to Wasp, maybe this is not a serious rock show and I don't know if it ever was, but it definitely is a bit more theatrical nowadays and it is TREMENDOUS. The Key here is "SERIOUS ROCK FANS NEED NOT APPLY" if they are going to be offended by pure fun!! Plenty of other things to spend your money on that would suit you better apparently.

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is Freddie prancing around in onesies and tighty whiteys or dressed in drag as a housewife in their video any different? OMG, how shocking is that??? Mind you, I have NO problem with any of it as it was for entertainment and just fun. But that is what Adam does on the trike and the couch. People ( at the concert - cause I have been to both tours!! )
WAIT for this section of the show and absolutely LOVE IT!!! There are plenty of old Queen fans, let me tell you. It is but one section of an entire concert. The Show tells a story divided into musical sections with emphasis on certain things and this part is the tongue in cheek, more whimsical, fun part of the show. Take your disgust elsewhere, since Freddie in some of his shows and videos did just about the same thing. Either they are both awful or neither one is. You just have to find something different to moan about. Earth to Wasp, maybe this is not a serious rock show and I don't know if it ever was, but it definitely is a bit more theatrical nowadays and it is TREMENDOUS. The Key here is "SERIOUS ROCK FANS NEED NOT APPLY" if they are going to be offended by pure fun!! Plenty of other things to spend your money on that would suit you better apparently.

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You'd be surprised to see how many "serious' rock/metal fans were actually at their gigs. I had a nice chit chat with a couple of a frequent Download goers at my OH's Xmas do. They saw Queen with AL ( both are not Queen fans but metal fans) at the O2 London last summer. They were both raving about the band and how they respect Lambert for honouring Freddie and for his mind blowing vocals.
What really worries me now after watching the USA tickets crazy prices situation, if we would be able to get our tickets at the fan club presale as usual next time around??? My guess.... they are planning the UK stadium tour, not arenas - to celebrate their 50th anniversary.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys think the ladies in this forum are OTT but look at this tweet from a guy:

“@Erick1_ Adam Lambert is the best male vocalist of all time.“

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to have a DVD of the full concert of the Vegas residency at the Park Theater last September.

Opening:
http://youtu.be/AfbkFkH4Z4E

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 19, 23:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

You guys think the ladies in this forum are OTT but look at this tweet from a guy:

“@Erick1_ Adam Lambert is the best male vocalist of all time.“

Based on?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Freddie's humour had more class and was original and he just was not a gimmick (also you think otherwise) but a worldclass musician. Lameturds "humor" comes across as forced, totally acted and he is not even a musician but a karaoke twat. See the difference?

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Freddie's humour had more class and was original and he just was not a gimmick (also you think otherwise) but a worldclass musician. Lameturds "humor" comes across as forced, totally acted and he is not even a musician but a karaoke twat. See the difference?

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are just full of it. Don't know how humor can have more class necessarily. Who knows what Freddie might have said or done in this day and age when there are no holds barred. Can't compare the Aids scare era with now. Adam is not a musician, he is a world class vocalist!! What makes a musician so special? They are a dime a dozen (not saying Freddie was, as he was extraordinary). Being a world class vocalist is just as accomplished as a really great musician. What I see is a mean spirited little toad who is never going to get it and the biggest problem is that he hasn't really experienced it, so I could care less what his opinion is, as it is totally not valid.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m glad I was able to record the QAL opening at the Oscars. When I can’t stand anything else on TV, I play that recording. The YouTube doesn’t include the cool way the camera panned from the Hollywood sign to the Dolby Theater and then inside to the stage all the while the WWRY drum beat was playing!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I missed the Aretha tribute tonight. Don’t know if it was televised and if anyone performed this song:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jVynJyTTs8

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 07:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese I excuse your bad taste, you are American i get it.
Queen + AL now is not a rock show it is a childish pantomime and Queen can not be taken seriously now that berk is fronting the band.
Horses for courses, but Freddie was and still is the very best Queen singer they will have ever had and Lambert the worst.

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You are just full of it. Don't know how humor can have more class necessarily. Who knows what Freddie might have said or done in this day and age when there are no holds barred. Can't compare the Aids scare era with now. Adam is not a musician, he is a world class vocalist!! What makes a musician so special? They are a dime a dozen (not saying Freddie was, as he was extraordinary). Being a world class vocalist is just as accomplished as a really great musician. What I see is a mean spirited little toad who is never going to get it and the biggest problem is that he hasn't really experienced it, so I could care less what his opinion is, as it is totally not valid.

What does Aids have to do with Lamejerks lame humor. You would not know "class" if someone threw it at you. QAL is not humorous it is just sad. The most laughable manufactured collaboration in Rock history. And I did not experience Britney or Bieber as well to know it is crap. And WTF is there "to get"????? The goat is an abomination-only tasteless freaks rave about him. End of STory.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Mar 19, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s not the end of the story. The show is still going on whether YOU like it or not! Again, YOU wanted the story to die with Freddie but it didn’t. It is not being rewritten. It is being carried on! Shame on those who can’t accept that it is being honored, not destroyed!