Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL Tour In Australia 2020

forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3579 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

What are the deep cuts you want to see added? They didn’t play those live with Freddie either.



But they had a more than capable singer back then unlike now

Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 712 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 20:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And Europe hallo????

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5205 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@QueenWillRock IT’S YOUR TURN NEW ZEALAND! Queen + @adamlambert are taking The Rhapsody Tour to you in February 2020 with an all-new stadium concert experience, including their first ever concerts in Wellington & Dunedin and a return to Auckland!
All details at queenonline.com“



The Fonz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fonz
Bohemian: 468 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Apr 19, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen toured New Zealand once back in the Fred days. In the Adam days, this will be their 3rd tour in 7 years.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5205 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Apr 19, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.triplem.com.au/story/metricon-rhapsody-queen-to-play-gold-coast-stadium-spectacular-133963

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5205 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Apr 19, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/Queen/view/187663/

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2581 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Apr 19, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Second show added for Melbourne

http://twitter.com/QueenWillRock/status/1116446049630072840

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2581 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash. wrote:

SweetCaroline When Freddie was with Queen they did play many of the Deep Cut tracks.
"March of the Black Queen" was a favourite back in 1974/1975
If you got your head out of Lamberts arse and educated yourself on proper Queen history you would know that already.


I would love them to do some deep cuts but Brian has said in an interview that there's songs he just doesn't like to play and he refuses to spend all night dreading doing a particular song so aside from Bo Rhap which he says they have to play even though he doesn't like doing it, he chooses songs he's comfortable with.

Also back in 74/75 they were touring to promote Queen ll album, same with Sheer Heart Attack so they'd play those songs off the albums but now they aren't promoting any new material so like a lot of bands they tour with songs that were really popular. Unfortunately there's lots of Queen fans who are only familiar with the hits and haven't delved into the early albums and the less well known songs, kind of kills the energy when half of the people don't know the song. I'd love it at some point when they no longer feel able to tour on a big scale if they did a smaller theater tour just doing deep cuts, probably never happen but it would be awesome if it did.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash. wrote:

When Freddie was with Queen they did play many of the Deep Cut tracks.
"March of the Black Queen" was a favourite back in 1974/1975
If you got your head out of Lamberts arse and educated yourself on proper Queen history you would know that already.


Hi WALT! That's your name now Gerry so get used to it.

By early 1975 they only had 2 hits so almost every live song was a deep cut. That's why they played Big Spender, Jailhouse Rock etc, to give the audience something they would recognise. If you got your head out of your own arse and educated yourself on proper Queen history you would know that already.



"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fair enough, by early 1975 they had 3 hits, which changes nothing -- the overwhelming majority of their live set was still 'deep cuts'. You fucking dimwit.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 6104 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Walter wrote:

My name was never Gerry


Your name is whatever I say it is, bitch.




"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 3176 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 17:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flash. wrote:

My name was Gerry but Walt sounds good too. Actually you can call me Walter Gumby !


Nice one that has a certain ring to it.


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Flash. wrote:

SweetCaroline When Freddie was with Queen they did play many of the Deep Cut tracks.
"March of the Black Queen" was a favourite back in 1974/1975
If you got your head out of Lamberts arse and educated yourself on proper Queen history you would know that already.


I would love them to do some deep cuts but Brian has said in an interview that there's songs he just doesn't like to play and he refuses to spend all night dreading doing a particular song so aside from Bo Rhap which he says they have to play even though he doesn't like doing it, he chooses songs he's comfortable with.

Also back in 74/75 they were touring to promote Queen ll album, same with Sheer Heart Attack so they'd play those songs off the albums but now they aren't promoting any new material so like a lot of bands they tour with songs that were really popular. Unfortunately there's lots of Queen fans who are only familiar with the hits and haven't delved into the early albums and the less well known songs, kind of kills the energy when half of the people don't know the song. I'd love it at some point when they no longer feel able to tour on a big scale if they did a smaller theater tour just doing deep cuts, probably never happen but it would be awesome if it did.


Quick post, question. Why is it that Brian doesn't like to perform Bohemian Rhapsody? Did he explain why?

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2581 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Flash. wrote:

SweetCaroline When Freddie was with Queen they did play many of the Deep Cut tracks.
"March of the Black Queen" was a favourite back in 1974/1975
If you got your head out of Lamberts arse and educated yourself on proper Queen history you would know that already.


I would love them to do some deep cuts but Brian has said in an interview that there's songs he just doesn't like to play and he refuses to spend all night dreading doing a particular song so aside from Bo Rhap which he says they have to play even though he doesn't like doing it, he chooses songs he's comfortable with.

Also back in 74/75 they were touring to promote Queen ll album, same with Sheer Heart Attack so they'd play those songs off the albums but now they aren't promoting any new material so like a lot of bands they tour with songs that were really popular. Unfortunately there's lots of Queen fans who are only familiar with the hits and haven't delved into the early albums and the less well known songs, kind of kills the energy when half of the people don't know the song. I'd love it at some point when they no longer feel able to tour on a big scale if they did a smaller theater tour just doing deep cuts, probably never happen but it would be awesome if it did.


Quick post, question. Why is it that Brian doesn't like to perform Bohemian Rhapsody? Did he explain why?


He talked about it in this interview, I've cued it to the part - http://youtu.be/O6TSYGKoZ-w?t=430



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 19, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Flash. wrote:

SweetCaroline When Freddie was with Queen they did play many of the Deep Cut tracks.
"March of the Black Queen" was a favourite back in 1974/1975
If you got your head out of Lamberts arse and educated yourself on proper Queen history you would know that already.


I would love them to do some deep cuts but Brian has said in an interview that there's songs he just doesn't like to play and he refuses to spend all night dreading doing a particular song so aside from Bo Rhap which he says they have to play even though he doesn't like doing it, he chooses songs he's comfortable with.

Also back in 74/75 they were touring to promote Queen ll album, same with Sheer Heart Attack so they'd play those songs off the albums but now they aren't promoting any new material so like a lot of bands they tour with songs that were really popular. Unfortunately there's lots of Queen fans who are only familiar with the hits and haven't delved into the early albums and the less well known songs, kind of kills the energy when half of the people don't know the song. I'd love it at some point when they no longer feel able to tour on a big scale if they did a smaller theater tour just doing deep cuts, probably never happen but it would be awesome if it did.


Quick post, question. Why is it that Brian doesn't like to perform Bohemian Rhapsody? Did he explain why?


He talked about it in this interview, I've cued it to the part - http://youtu.be/O6TSYGKoZ-w?t=430





SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5205 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Apr 19, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam did a great job with It’s Late and Spread Your Wings but I think it might have been Brian or Roger who decided to cut them half way through the tour.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 5542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 02:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam did a great job with It’s Late and Spread Your Wings but I think it might have been Brian or Roger who decided to cut them half way through the tour.



Those two songs were very good I thought. Shame it didn't last.
AL said on Twitter the songs were dropped because "we felt like it".

Agnostic1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Agnostic1
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 11 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adams Lambert is meant to a professional singer a top performer with top vocals..
He to top professionals that have trained him vocals/singing..
He still sounds crap puts a crown on thinks he is someone else even if he says he is not trying to be.
Queen + if you could even call it plus is not Queen..
They play the hits mainly even doing this guy Adam squeals.

People have said on this thread about them not
playing some the earlier stuff (glad they don't in my opinion I think Adam Lambert cant do the hits never mind the earlier stuff)
Brian and Roger are getting no younger so they will have slowed down wouldn't be able to play at the same tempo like it or not so would say it's a slower tempo now.

You have this guy Adam I don't think he could do some the earlier stuff he would sound even worse than he does in the hits and that be a nightmare lol..

Now if Brian could play the older more obscure ones why does he not put the some in the live shows now?! Is it because he knows Adam doesn't have the vocals to handle it?! After all Freddie had lots of range in his vocals he also could change them as he got older and was really ill he also trained himself to sing did not have the people round him to train him like Adam has back then it was album then tour album then a tour hardly a break they push themselves to make it work and to bring money in. All that album and touring would not give your vocals cords a break unlike today they have bigger breaks more money involved. Most people know Freddie had problems with his throat before aids set in this might of happened because all the touring and could of started even earlier because he trained himself to sing could of push himself to much at a early age.

Freddie still sounded away better than this Adam ever could he was the best showman / entertainer /singer ever in my opinion..



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2581 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agnostic1 wrote:

Adams Lambert is meant to a professional singer a top performer with top vocals..
He to top professionals that have trained him vocals/singing..
He still sounds crap puts a crown on thinks he is someone else even if he says he is not trying to be.
Queen + if you could even call it plus is not Queen..
They play the hits mainly even doing this guy Adam squeals.

People have said on this thread about them not
playing some the earlier stuff (glad they don't in my opinion I think Adam Lambert cant do the hits never mind the earlier stuff)
Brian and Roger are getting no younger so they will have slowed down wouldn't be able to play at the same tempo like it or not so would say it's a slower tempo now.

You have this guy Adam I don't think he could do some the earlier stuff he would sound even worse than he does in the hits and that be a nightmare lol..

Now if Brian could play the older more obscure ones why does he not put the some in the live shows now?! Is it because he knows Adam doesn't have the vocals to handle it?! After all Freddie had lots of range in his vocals he also could change them as he got older and was really ill he also trained himself to sing did not have the people round him to train him like Adam has back then it was album then tour album then a tour hardly a break they push themselves to make it work and to bring money in. All that album and touring would not give your vocals cords a break unlike today they have bigger breaks more money involved. Most people know Freddie had problems with his throat before aids set in this might of happened because all the touring and could of started even earlier because he trained himself to sing could of push himself to much at a early age.

Freddie still sounded away better than this Adam ever could he was the best showman / entertainer /singer ever in my opinion..



There you go, you seem to be another one who's got lost in the wrong thread, this is the one you want - http://www.queenzone.com/forums/forum_view.aspx?Q=1



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2581 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 19, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote