Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > 15 Best Queen Live Performances

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4440 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/best-queen-live-performances/

Saint Jiub user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Saint Jiub
Deity: 7576 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4436 posts
add to buddy list send PM

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21048 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys need to press enter after the link so that there's a line break before the [ /QUOTE ] tag in the post you're quoting. Weird forum bug that nobody's bothering to fix, amongst many.

As per the topic - pretty sure my top 15 Queen live videos would have three or four of these 15 at most.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 07:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So are we gonna have another 20 pages of the he said she said, not really a Queen fan bitchfest in the serious part of the forum as well now!!!!

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 08:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

You guys need to press enter after the link so that there's a line break before the [ /QUOTE ] tag in the post you're quoting. Weird forum bug that nobody's bothering to fix, amongst many.

As per the topic - pretty sure my top 15 Queen live videos would have three or four of these 15 at most.


list is arse-about-face - and very lazy compiling.
Bo Rhap (live aid)? a brief snippet of a song?
far too many wembley '86 songs




go deo na hÉireann
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4440 posts
add to buddy list send PM

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10829 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hm... not a very good list to be honest. It looks like they were only allowed to use the officially released shows, but still, way too many 80's shows

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A best of list for the Greatest Hits generation. . .

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A best of list for the Greatest Hits generation. . .

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4436 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

A best of list for the Greatest Hits generation. . .


Pretty much.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21048 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

Bo Rhap (live aid)? a brief snippet of a song?


Yeah, but it's still probably the best he ever sang it live.

Can't imagine the adrenaline rush. Somewhere during that song he realizes that their career is about to get a second lease on life.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Hm... not a very good list to be honest. It looks like they were only allowed to use the officially released shows, but still, way too many 80's shows


for me, there's better versions of some of those songs on the official leases listed.

the only two that I'd definitely leave in that list (at the same venues) would be Somebody to Love and Play the Game from MK

the tone of STL - particularly that initial improv is really nice. gorgeous, even. "are you ready brothers and sisters?" - indeed.
oh, and the little crack in Freddie's voice at 5:36. Sounded a little bit of emotion. He knew he'd go to us.

Having been there that day, that intro is one of my favourite Queen Live moments.
and Roger's drumming leading the audience clap-along in the mid-section.




go deo na hÉireann
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4436 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 20:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

pittrek wrote:

Hm... not a very good list to be honest. It looks like they were only allowed to use the officially released shows, but still, way too many 80's shows


for me, there's better versions of some of those songs on the official leases listed.

the only two that I'd definitely leave in that list (at the same venues) would be Somebody to Love and Play the Game from MK

the tone of STL - particularly that initial improve is really nice. gorgeous, even. "are you ready brothers and sisters?" - indeed.
oh, and the little crack in Freddie's voice at 5:36. Sounded a little bit of emotion. He knew he'd go to us.

Having been there that day, that intro is one of my favourite Queen Live moments.
and Roger's drumming leading the audience clap-along in the mid-section.



Yea, that STL...gives me goosebumps even by watching it all this time later. That one is hard to top. I'd put that number one, voice crack and all.
Lucky you to have been there.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dupl post


go deo na hÉireann
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8225 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Dec 19, 23:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

[b]Iron Butterfly wrote:
Yea, that STL...gives me goosebumps even by watching it all this time later. That one is hard to top. I'd put that number one, voice crack and all.
Lucky you to have been there.


yep. we were quite lucky in that we ended up quite close to the stage. and right in front of centre left.

we got fairly close early on and we'd (rather shamedly) thrown food and other shit at the Teardrop Explodes. Me and my good friend Ian started a game of hurling pies and stuff trying to get it down the (seated) horn player's instrument. When I succeeded I was mobbed by about 20 people - like I'd just won the world cup.

Teardrop Explodes split soon after that gig. I felt partially responsible and went out and bought their albums and singles (as a penance) - I really liked their music after that.

Anyhow, midway through the afternoon, Queen arrived and - a huge swathe ran up the hill to see them. We took the opportunity to get even close to the stage - easily moving into the spaces that opened up.

By the time Queen came on stage - we had about four rows of people between us and the stage. perfect.

I think I posted two of my own very fuzzy Instamatic 110 camera pics on here before. Here's one of them:



Attachment: 2019123539371946.jpg 481 KB
This has been downloaded 9 time(s).



go deo na hÉireann
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4436 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Dec 19, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brENsKi wrote:

[b]Iron Butterfly wrote:
Yea, that STL...gives me goosebumps even by watching it all this time later. That one is hard to top. I'd put that number one, voice crack and all.
Lucky you to have been there.


yep. we were quite lucky in that we ended up quite close to the stage. and right in front of centre left.

we got fairly close early on and we'd (rather shamedly) thrown food and other shit at the Teardrop Explodes. Me and my good friend Ian started a game of hurling pies and stuff trying to get it down the (seated) horn player's instrument. When I succeeded I was mobbed by about 20 people - like I'd just won the world cup.

Teardrop Explodes split soon after that gig. I felt partially responsible and went out and bought their albums and singles (as a penance) - I really liked their music after that.

Anyhow, midway through the afternoon, Queen arrived and - a huge swathe ran up the hill to see them. We took the opportunity to get even close to the stage - easily moving into the spaces that opened up.

By the time Queen came on stage - we had about four rows of people between us and the stage. perfect.

I think I posted two of my own very fuzzy Instamatic 110 camera pics on here before. Here's one of them:




I will never tire of reading people's experiences who have been lucky to see Queen. Thanks for sharing it, and the pic. I'm jealous but in the best way possible. The Bowl was a great concert, even on dvd, to have been there, wow.

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Dec 19, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll put SLT from MK down as the best example of live Queen there is. Everyone one is clicking on all cylinders. I watched and recorded this show on cassette via the MTV FM simulcast in the summer of '83. I was fortunate enough to see them the previous summer on the HS tour in Philadelphia. No STL that night though. Also, Freddie's intro is just perfect!


"Take care of those you call your own"
ggo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 289 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Dec 19, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes have to agree with stl from mk. One of the best live performances by anyone ever. Stunning how good that is. An absolute favourite of mine.

(I'll be honest, I haven't looked at the list, no idea what else is on there)

From live at Wembley I really like AKOM. Brian is really pushing it.
Rainbow has some excellent performances but White Queen is immense.
My favourite Live Aid song performance is HTF, they have realised they are going down really well and look like they are enjoying it by then.
Hammersmith... My fading memory doeasnt have a stand out track, but there's plenty good on there.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 4436 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Dec 19, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One thing I love about Rainbow is how raw it is. Young, hungry, ballsy and determined as heck Queen were even then. It showed to me what great promise they had...and they fkn did it!