Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen Crack Part #10 Try Not To Laugh

forum rss feed
Author

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9644 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




We love you Mandy!
stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jan 20, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bloody hell. How random!

sahm user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 109 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

made me smile,thanks

brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Included in those clips is a snippet from the film Bo Rhap where Freddie attacks Roger which we all know never happened so why did they make Freddie look so aggressive in that part of the film it was uncalled for. More lies in that film appeared later on....

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 3097 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ST17 wrote:

Included in those clips is a snippet from the film Bo Rhap where Freddie attacks Roger which we all know never happened so why did they make Freddie look so aggressive in that part of the film it was uncalled for. More lies in that film appeared later on....


On what basis do "we all know" it never happened.

Freddie broke things in dressing rooms, through a brick through a window in South Kensington (ask John Read). Had a couple of physical alterations with ex boy friends. . . . But there's no way he may have lost his temper with a fellow band member?

You don't know it didn't happen, but there is more of a chance of it happening than not.



Rachel1970 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what event was Roger presenting an award at in that clip

brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All lies and false allegations.
Freddie did like to throw things around yeah that is true but he never assaulted anyone.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A mirror over someone's head is definitely assault.


Anyways... can't stand that idiot show FRIENDS. Never could. I wish someone had warned me. I'll continue the rest once i have recovered.

P.s. seeing bits and pieces of that BORHAP "film" only convinces me more and more what a turd it is. Looks like a bad vh1 doc or tv one doc with poor role players, a lousy budget and a set of terrible wigs.

God if i had the software I'd do a voice over edit complete with useless talking heads. Add to that some generic rock band music....it'd be great


Maybe i could get Danny Bonaduce


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

who says Freddie smashed a mirror over someones head, he did however throw an iron at a mirror !

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1212947/bewildering-account-on-freddie-mercury.aspx

Just one account in a book.


It's been reiterated through the years (*source being said book)

Though I'll admit it's one I haven't read. Not the obsessive that I was in High school.

Not judging the guy - and the first reply on that page kinda sums up how i feel as well, celebrities live a lot of these moments talked about and repeated over and over.

Still, If true - a mirror over the head is assault.


Reminds me of an anecdote.


THERE WERE TWO PEANUTS WALKING DOWN THE STREET. ....


...AND ONE WAS A SALTED.


"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

stevelondon20 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




THERE WERE TWO PEANUTS WALKING DOWN THE STREET. ....


...AND ONE WAS A SALTED.


Haha!!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21417 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ST17 wrote:

who says Freddie smashed a mirror over someones head


It was Pete Brown, in Australia 1976. He has told the story numerous times. Mercury even ordered him to pick up the pieces while bleeding.

Mercury hard a dark side. Most highly functioning people do.

Best to separate the artist from the art, otherwise our heroes are just regular people - or worse.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca
brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jan 20, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Peter Brown's event's of the incident may be just lies when Freddie finished with him.
Just look what Paul Prenter done to Freddie and he told a lot of lies.


brENsKi user is on Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9468 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ST17 wrote:Peter Brown's event's of the incident may be just lies when Freddie finished with him.


what exactly are "event's of the incident" [sic] ?

I'm going to disagree very politely with you. You portray Freddie as some Plaster Saint - this could not be further from the truth.

Yes, he really was a musical genius - but just like most that fit the "genius" category - he character/personality was inherently flawed.

He took a bucket-load of drugs, he fought like cat and dog with those around him and he was (possibly) one of the most sexually-promiscuous celebrities of his generation.

Instead of denying this, just accept it and celebrate his musical genius.





go deo na hÉireann
brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 07:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And your source for all this then? Did you live with Freddie then?

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 3097 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ST17 wrote:

And your source for all this then? Did you live with Freddie then?


Did you? And where's the proof in you're views.

Stop viewing Freddie with rose coloured specs and wrapping him in cotton wool.

There's loads of evidence of Freddie having a temper. Yes the film took liberties in its sequencing of events, but don't you think it odd neither Mary Austin or Kashmira has jumped to his defence to refute what was portrayed in the film.

And your general stance that everything Freddie did was amazing and when you decide to criticise the band it's never Freddie, it's the other three in fact usually two of the other three.

brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony I know Freddie had a temper when things went wrong but he was a perfectionist but not one book on Freddie has ever stated
that he smashed a mirror over someones head.
The most honest book i have ever read was Peter Hince's book and since he was around Freddie more than most if the events had happened then
he would have certainly have mentioned this.
So till someone actually has proof that Freddie smashed a mirror over someones head that comment is completely dismissed by me !

brENsKi user is on Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9468 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:
ST17 wrote:And your source for all this then? Did you live with Freddie then?
Did you? And where's the proof in you're views.
Stop viewing Freddie with rose coloured specs and wrapping him in cotton wool.
There's loads of evidence of Freddie having a temper...
And your general stance that everything Freddie did was amazing and when you decide to criticise the band it's never Freddie, it's the other three in fact usually two of the other three.


Exactly. Even the musical genius could write a turd or three from time to time:
Body Language
Man On The Prowl
Delilah

there's also one or two priceless turd chunks from Mr Bad Guy
and Freddie's (at least) 50% blame for
Pain Is So Close To Pleasure
Friend Will be Friends
My Baby Does Me

Yes,let's celebrate his greatness, but we can't dismiss his flaws. His many flaws and immense greatness co-existed - a single-entity symbiosis (of sorts). Point being there's not one without the other. We can't even say which (genius or flaws) existed first, because in all likelihood - during Freddie's growing up - BOTH were dormant waiting for the other.




go deo na hÉireann
brENsK user is on Queenzone.com
brENsK
Deity: 3316 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brenski "Friends Will Be Friends" is a brilliant song so your stone deaf there!
I agree Delilah and My Baby Does Me is not up to the high standards but Freddie had Aids did you forget about that? He had more things on his mind so please excuse the great man because Brenski
is slagging off Freddie who is turning into a skeleton.

brENsKi user is on Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 9468 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 20, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ST17 wrote:Brenski "Friends Will Be Friends" is a brilliant song so your stone deaf there!
I agree Delilah and My Baby Does Me is not up to the high standards but Freddie had Aids did you forget about that? He had more things on his mind so please excuse the great man because Brenski is slagging off Freddie who is turning into a skeleton.

I'm not slagging him off, I'm saying that his many character flaws were part of his genius. We couldn't have the great songwriter/performer without those flaws. I doubt there's ever been a genius who walked the earth, that wasn't hugely flawed in some way - it's the trade-off.

As for the song-writing: Okay you accept two songs weren't great - can't believe you're skipping over the abomination that was Pain Is So Close To Pleasure, but no matter - to your point:

We can't excuse "Delilah" and "My Baby Does Me" because he was unwell, and in that same context say Freddie wrote the Cowardesque genius that was "I'm Going Slightly Mad" and epic prose like "Innuendo" and "Was It All Worth It" when he was also unwell.

The argument is inherently flawed.




go deo na hÉireann