Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,

I am hoping to have those who have developed friendships on Thor's threads migrate here to continue chatting about Freddie and life in general.

This will free up Thor's threads for updates that are easy to find. Although he does update on his GFM page, that site doesn't allow for supportive responses.

By moving here we can continue to grow our friendships while allowing Thor to use his thread for the original intention.

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 00:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok, I'll start by telling Jo T that I think her idea for photos of Thor's book in its new home on our coffee tables is great!

Once my son finally hangs all of my Freddie canvases that I got for Christmas, I'll share a pic of that. I've been wanting to share that with you all.

Finally, my old desktop died and I had to get a new computer. It has been a remarkably easy adjustment, but unfortunately I lost ALL of my Freddie files and folders. The Geek Squad transferred everything except those files. Yikes!! I'm working on rebuilding them but I would love if you guys would continue to share the Freddie videos and interviews that you find. It will help me rebuild my files. One thing I am looking for is a video I shared with you all showing Freddie running off stage and into the doll house at the end of a song. There is a quick snippet showing people helping him into the robe and crown before he exists back onto the stage. Did anyone happen to save that? I have no idea what the song was so I am unable to find it on YouTube.

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice new place you've got here, Katy. Lots of room to grow. :)

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so glad you dropped in TUHI. But yikes, I don't want anyone to think if it as mine. I felt as if I needed to do this because I'd been so strong last week about keeping Thor's page for updates. But I knew I would miss you guys. I just don't like to put my name as creator of a thread.

St. Jiub tried to create a chit chat thread but he started it with such an intriguing topic that people spoke to that and then it died. The same thing may happen here, but I hope those of us who were gathering on Thor's thread can come here and to the book thread. I'll be posting three soon as I am about to finish the book you recommend. I've just been very busy.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 03:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey there! Made it! Thanks katyd for starting this new thread. My heart dropped when I read you lost your Freddie files, which I assume was huge. Wow, and I’m sure that took over a year to build.

maudtv user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for starting this new thread ! ;)

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Maud and Lsgp!

My files were actually years in the building, but they needed to be cleaned out. I'll be able to replace the music videos quickly, it was the files of interviews and documentaries that will take longer. I also had files of written articles that I probably can't replace. Besides the doll house video, one other I am looking for is an early version of the DORO production of the Untold Story. It had fun scenes not included in the final cut that I'd like to have back. Anyone?

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great idea, thanks for doing this Katydyd! So sorry to hear about your lost files, how frustrating! I have been going through the old threads so I will keep an eye open for the doll house vid. In the meantime, I attached a link to part 1 of the Untold Story. Not sure if this is what you were looking for so didn’t want to post more links if it’s wrong. Figured this would put you in the right place for the rest if it’s what you needed :)

https://youtu.be/y9uce9TwGNI

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, try this one...

https://youtu.be/JSh53ozA_qY

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, thank you! That clip of We Are The Champions is exactly what I was looking for! I love seeing Freddie running off to the dollhouse, getting help with the cape, and then walking regally back out on stage. I've always like behind-the-scenes clips and though this one is brief, it's the only one I've ever seen of the dollhouse other than seeing the guys duck into it prior to a concert.

The Untold Story link you posted is from the final version I think and I do have that. The one I'm looking for was incomplete and more of a working version. It had interviews that were not included in the final. For example, Mary talks about being sent to Sotheby's to buy a clock, and like Phoebe, she was given a price limit for bidding. When she saw the clock she thought it was in terrible shape and couldn't see why Freddie wanted it, but she bought it and took it home. He held up one finger and said something like, "Ah, but just wait". Then he sent it off to be re-gilded and when it came back it was a true treasure. Is that sounding familiar to anyone? Along with that particular clip there were several scenes showing the interior of Sotheby's. Maybe that IS in the final version and I need to watch the whole thing again.

Guys, I"m not intending to dominate this thread. I really wanted to find us a new home where we could continue to build friendships and play without bothering those purely wanting updates from Thor. I hope more of you will jump in. I realize that the info I posted for finding us wasn't exactly clear and I apologize for that. Since he closed the other thread I'd like him to have the last word, so I can't really go back and post the link now. I'm hoping word of mouth works. I figured using the Personal Forums was a risk, but it seemed the most appropriate place to me because it allows for purely personal posts too.

I guess we shall see what happens.

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, I edited my post on Thor's thread to include the link. Maybe that will help.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 20, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Katydyd...Many thanks for starting this new thread!!! I, too, have missed sharing with this friendly QZ family that I have gotten to know on Thor's threads over the past couple of years. This "Personal" forum seems like the perfect place to do that. Am looking forward to many interesting conversations in the weeks and months to come. By the way...that's a drag about losing your Freddie files. I have a ton of documentaries, articles, and videos that are bookmarked, but unfortunately, they are not particularly well organized! (story of my life!)

Lspg...You asked on Thor's thread if there was any word on Rudi doing a new documentary about Freddie? I read an interview a year or so ago where he mentioned that, but haven't read anything since. Others have mentioned that Rudi is very active on Instagram, so he might have mentioned something there. I'd love to see another documentary about Freddie. That's funny about your hairdresser...at least he is considering buying Thor and Lee's book.

Jo T. Your coffee-table book photo idea sounds like fun. All my Freddie/Queen books are on a shelf in my library. I had to remove some books to make room for those. Some book are shelf-worthy and others are relegated to a neat pile on the floor. Freddie and Queen will ALWAYS be shelf-worthy!

Amidds...Thank for the WATC link. I have seen SO many Freddie videos that I am not sure if I had watched that particular one before. I enjoyed the quick behind the scenes peek of Freddie getting his robe and crown on and also watching the guys as they came off the stage ( I had seen that part before). Do you know if Freddie's robe and crown are part of the Queen Studio Experience in Montreux?

Posted: 24 Feb 20, 00:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, glad I got one right ;). Will keep my eyes open for the other.

Re Rudi....he is on Instagram and this weekend there have been a lot of posts from him and Phoebe. Apparently, they were together for whatever reason and are talking about doing a “new project” together. No idea what yet but when/if I hear, I will post for those of you not on Insta.

Rainbow, I have never heard anything specific about the robe and crown. Having just reread a few Queen books, I don’t remember hearing anything except when Phoebe mentions that most of Freddie’s costumes had been in the loft (?) at GL and were still there when Phoebe moved out. There were a few exceptions of course, like the jacket using by the sculptress for the Montreux statue and the yellow jacket that Jim had and was auctioned years ago. Awesome question though, would love to hear if anyone knows anything!

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 20, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all.

I echo thanks to Katy for gathering us here. So nice to know we will still have a hangout.

Katy... Ugh. Technology! I have a notes page in my phone with tons of links. Just say the word if you want a copy I’d be so happy to send you one. Am sure it’s no deep in the archives as yours went but maybe it could help restore some of what you lost. Guessing your geek squad-ers went Queen fans. (Haaahaaa)

I think at least a few had tix to upcoming shows. Can’t wait to hear. Would love to hear when and where people are going so can live vicariously.

I also need to get back to the book and book thread. :-). It’s a great place.

Posted: 24 Feb 20, 01:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the offer of your links list JB. I'm actually having a lot of fun rebuilding my files as things occur to me. I just remembered that great interview with Mike Moran, Mack and another man whose name always escapes me. Dave Something I think. He always seems sort of a gentle man and I do know he's passed on now. I'm going to go poke around in YouTube now to see if I can find it.

Posted: 24 Feb 20, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh Katy, don’t forget this little nugget...

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1449503/complete-list-of-documentaries-1979-2019-updated.aspx?page=1

The Queenzone list of documentaries! Lots to find in there!

Lsgp03

Posted: 24 Feb 20, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow Ammids, that’s great! Thank you.

JoT I second the photo of the book sitting on our coffee tables.

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Amidds! I think you shared that site once before, but it's another file that didn't transfer to the new computer. As soon as I opened your link I found the documentary I was looking for, and I've saved it to look at later . I'm too busy for the next few days, but I'm glad to have it again. I did check to make sure the Sotheby's section was there and it is, so now I have something to look forward to when I have some down time. Thanks again!

I'm sure you've all seen the Moran, Mack, and Dave (Roberts? Robertson? I feel badly every time I forget his name) collection of interviews, but if you haven't, it's really special. They share so much personal information about a man they clearly loved and everything they say just reinforces how lovely he was. I'm sharing it in case there is anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0moHpxp-98I

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bicycle
MisterCosmicc
Royalty: 1723 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Thanks Amidds! I think you shared that site once before, but it's another file that didn't transfer to the new computer. As soon as I opened your link I found the documentary I was looking for, and I've saved it to look at later . I'm too busy for the next few days, but I'm glad to have it again. I did check to make sure the Sotheby's section was there and it is, so now I have something to look forward to when I have some down time. Thanks again!

I'm sure you've all seen the Moran, Mack, and Dave (Roberts? Robertson? I feel badly every time I forget his name) collection of interviews, but if you haven't, it's really special. They share so much personal information about a man they clearly loved and everything they say just reinforces how lovely he was. I'm sharing it in case there is anyone who hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0moHpxp-98I

How do you forget his name?!

Hotdog
Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote