Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Mar 20, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You too, Chevy. Katy, I'm glad you laughed and forwarded the humor. It's sooo important to laugh right now.

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 20, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You too, Chevy. Katy, I'm glad you laughed and forwarded the humor. It's sooo important to laugh right now.

CHEVYMAN user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 20, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good morning fella Quarantinors I had a counseling session by phone today because that's the way they are handling it right now.We starting talking about Elton John and my counselor saw him in concert at a county fair in the state of Iowa before he got rich and famous.I thought that was pretty amazing.We started discussing how his childhood affected his life.His father to me was so disconnected with him.His mother wasnt much better.A child usually has one parent their close too but this poor child had noone .He found comfort in his piano and music.I really can relate to this boy.People wonder how he became such an amazing singer and artist well it's simple his dysfunctunctional childhood.It also had a price he paid though throughout the years his substance abuse and the fact his parents never really came around to the fact he was gay.It makes you wonder how many artist out there came from dysfunctional past and came out on the other end of the rainbow.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 20, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Katydy5

I also read novels, but try to read more "classics", although I still have a soft spot for SciFi. The only Jack London novel I have read so far is "The Iron Heel", a dystopian story. The same applies to Twain and "Gilded Age". I still have many gaps in literature. Regarding history books on US wars, I have read 2 or 3 about the early years of Vietnam due to my interest into the JFK assassination. I was part of a group organizing annual silent movie Symposiums. In ´14 we did one about WW1. I read quite a lot material about it, especially medical and psychiatric aspects and the way crippled veterans and shell shock vicims ("war quiverers" in German) were treated and presented in media which was appalling. Last year I read "Genius for War" by Trevor N. Dupuy. It´s about the history of the Prussian, later German Joint Chiefs of Staff, the oldest Institution of its kind in the world (founded in early 19th century). France, the US and other countries followed suit later with their own JCS. What was surprizing to me was that the picture of the disciplined, obedient Prussian Military officer who would easily merge with the Nazi soldier was not entirely true.

@MyHumanZoo

Wilson also has a history of drug abuse and psychiatric illness. That must have damaged his voice. Also, sedating drugs can turn you into emotionless zombies and make you tired. I on once saw an interview with Mike Love saying that Wilson is not in really in control, the people behind him are. So Maybe they put Wilson udner pressure to perform even though he´s not fit enough. I feel nothing but sympathy for Brian Wilson.

@Joe T

Hi! When I saw Dr. Fauci at the press conferences for the first time, I recognized him immediately. "That´s the guy whom Larry Kramer called "an incompetent idiot" in the Eighties." :D

According to this article, they have been friends since then:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/while-coronavirus-rages-in-dr-fauci-we-trust

Posted: 30 Mar 20, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone interested on Netflix there is an awesome documentary on Joe king murder it's about animal rights .Its very interesting.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 20, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Loved the “Stay the F at Home “ parody!!!!!

Here’s another good one

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=M5azNpTwVk8

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 00:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, That's so funny it fits perfect for this situation I'm watching a movie about a virus outbreak on Netflix great choice in movies dont you think.Im going stir crazy lol.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, thanks for the laugh.

Steven, thanks for the link about Dr. Fauci. I think he's one of the most trusted figures in the US right now. I also have to say I'm impressed by your reading and interests in general. You seem knowledgeable in many areas. Is it work related or a hobby?

I do read a lot, with time set aside each day for enjoying whatever book I'm currently reading. I'm having trouble focusing for long periods right now though. Instead of reading today I found myself up here on my desktop watching every concert video I could find of Freddie in Montreal. I must have watched Dragon Attack several times. Somebody To Love and Another One Bites the Dust were also on my set list. I actually own the Montreal DVD but...……..gasp...…...I've never watched it. I tend to save things for a special time and I think maybe this is it. Sounds like a good way to spend my time tomorrow.

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 06:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, I think you can definately teach us alot about history it's very welcoming to know someone with so much knowledge.

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do know alot about Vietnam Steven my father served in the army during that war.

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm so bored anyone with me I'm hyper by nature.So I been indulging in some very old music and run across and old ACDC song Big Balls i have to be completely bored to be listening to this.I have to admit i bet people back were horrified at such a song didnt it come out in the Dirty Deeds era.Its really talking about a big party a ball room but it dont come off that way.With words such as Dirty big balls and held for pleasure.I never really paid that close attention to the song but it's very naughty lol.

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know this sounds negative but one of my all time favs is Hells Bells and highway to Hell however I wasnt aloud to play it my grandparents home they were devoted Catholics and ACDC was devil worship.SO were alot of other things and still are.But I do love some of their music and so did Brian May he said he considered joining them at one point but he had committed to Queen.I think ACDC was too heavy for even Queen.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, that was the impression I got about Wilson, that he either desperately needed the money or his backers were forcing him on stage. It was incredibly sad, either way.

I was never a big AC/DC fan Chevy, but I do enjoy their stuff from time to time. I remember when the guys I knew thought that the Big Balls song was hilarious and played it all the time. It fed their juvenile humor, lol!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...

Posted: 31 Mar 20, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, I'm just trying to cheer everybody up by my weird sense of humor.I like some Bob segar , Fleetwood mac,Eagles are good.I cant stand the bee gees my mother tortured me as a young child of 5 or6 with that disco era.She was in love with John Travolta and that whole bit.I survived it thank God I was so young I dont remember too much but that awful polyester and huge turtle necks and wide leg pants and puffy hair.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 20, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katyd, if you have the Montreal DVD, watch it with Brian and Roger’s commentary turned on, you’ll love it!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 01 Apr 20, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Chevyman

Having read one or two books on a subject I am not in the position to teach. I read About about Vietnam due to my interest in the JFK assassination and the question whether Kennedy really decided to withdraw, whether LBJ revoked that order or just continued JFK´s policies. I met a Vietnam war vet by Chance in the local Irish Pub a few years ago. He shared a few experiences, but he was not the average Marine, he was Special Forces. He also mentioned that Prussian military theorists like von Clausewitz are still being taught at US Army schools. The author of said book was American. In his introduction thepPoints out that the German Army in WW2 was the best in the world, not in the moral or ethical sense, but in terms of fighting power, training etc.
Maybe you can tell us more about your father.

@Katydy5

it´s my hobby.

@MyHumanZoo

I got into the Beach Boys just recently. I think Freddie was inspired by their harmonies and took them even further.

Posted: 02 Apr 20, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, My Dad not isn't real open about his experiences in the war what I do know he was the oldest boy of eight in his family so the army drafted him.His position in the army was a field medic that's a pretty rough job from what he told me.He seen alot of blown up bodies.His job was to run his ass off in the field load bodies on helicopters start a I V if needed and get the guy to military safety care.He did tell me he wasnt aloud to place the guts back in a person if they were blown out he had to lay them beside them.If he came across dead bodies he had to place their dog tags in their mouth and kick it between their teeth till they had time to come back for the bodies.He said the enemy would steal the dog tags if they didnt and and it was hard to identify the bodies.He is retired now but while he was over there like many others he became addicted to heroin and had to go to treatment before returning home.He has severe PTSD from the trauma over there and so do I from living part of my life with a parent with it.So that's about all I really feel I can say on the matter but war just doesnt affect the veterans it affects their children born after they come home.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 20, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I finally broke out my DVD of the Montreal concert, but it doesn't have Brian and Roger's commentary. I was so disappointed. Instead it has Live Aid and also some of their Live Aid rehearsal footage. I'm aware of the B and R commentary so I went to Amazon to see if that version was available and it isn't. Again, so disappointed. I'm going to keep my eyes open because if I could find the version you mentioned, I would buy it and pass the one I have on to a friend. Having said that, I LOVED the DVD! It was just what I needed to see this afternoon. I think Freddie is in top form and many of my favorite YouTube versions of their songs are from this DVD. If I remember correctly Thor said he and the guys went to this concert. I remember asking Thor early on if he was ever star struck at the concerts he attended and he said only the very first one in Philadelphia. After that he said they enjoyed seeing their friend on stage and were always impressed with his incredible talent, but it was just good ole Freddie. I cannot imagine being in the audience and knowing that man was my friend. I think I'd be constantly pinching myself knowing that when the concert was over we'd be hanging out.

Edited update: I found the DVD with Brian and Roger! I wasn't thorough in my first search.

Posted: 02 Apr 20, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, My Dad did tell me a story once when he was high and drinking heavily on about a three year old boy that was walking toward them with a can that appeared to be a can of fruit and his seargant ordered him to shoot the child .My Dad didnt want to but he had orders so he did shoot the child.The reason he was ordered was because the enemy would send their own children up to the Americans with cans with bombs in them.It turned out the child just had a can of fruit and was offering it to my dad that really haunted my dad his whole life having to take that childs life.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 02 Apr 20, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all. Just popping in to see how everyone’s doing. Looks like some great conversations happening. Like Amidds, been busy work week here too. Am really grateful for that. Am actually exhausted after workday, even being home.

Anyone picking up new hobbies. I’m thinking about all of you every day!!!