Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 20, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow Jo T, I had no idea Fauci is 79! I would have guessed at least 10 years younger. Goes to show how staying in shape really combats the aging process!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 20, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I was looking back a few pages and saw your comment about Freddie's shorts.I can remember in a interview he said he hated his legs.I think they compliment his beauty.They blend in perfect with his body type.He was so slender you know.A short guy with long legs so cute.Ok back to the shorts I dont think those shorts they wore looked good on anyone.It was a fashion statement I guess.But my goodness it left nothing to the imagination no modesty at all do you agree.I dont think they were going for the modesty look they were going for the man hunting look and I guess they nailed it because those shorts revealed everything when a guy went shopping lol.

Posted: 07 Apr 20, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We need to remember our nurses at this time they are working directly with these affected patients and basically risking their lives and some of these nurses are dying and losing their lives.So I'm not much for organized religion but do belief greatly in God the almighty and the power of prayer so do what you do in your way and lift these people up their lives matter and pray to guide the healing hand.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 20, 16:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow so much to catch up on! I’ve been busier working from home than at the office, lack of office equipment not very efficient.
Not complaining but it is what it is.

So “shout outs “ to everyone and Ditto regarding the war, ptsd, gardening, pulling weeds, Sound of Music “ dance link ( one of my all time favorites) here here to the “history buffs” as I am one as well, inherited that from dad, HIV/Covid19 comparisons, and huge shout out to Amidds daughter in ICU. If I’ve forgotten anything it’s because there was so much to list.

How much does anyone want to bet there will be a huge baby boom in December and January?
Lots more Sagittarius and Capricorn’s coming!

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 20, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lspg, ditto - seems as if my work takes me at least twice as long since I don't have everything I need and a good space to do it in!!!

Just wanted to see how everyone is doing and if anyone is doing anything interesting in your down time. I have found a few Instagram folks who are doing fun classes on line like exercise, stretching and dance parties. It is keeping me active, which I really need, staying at home. I find I just can't sit and read or do the other little things I used to do (like crochet) since I can't get out as much. Kinda ironic because if anyone had asked me a couple of months ago, I would've thought having all this time to catch up on reading or something would've sounded awesome!!!

If anyone is interested....my daughter never got the week to adjust her floor. She was given three days to renew her ICU certifications, get fitted for her mask and thrown into ICU caring for COVID cases. A lot came from the cruise ships that had been denied elsewhere. Compared to the horror stories I have heard from others about their hospitals, my daughter's seem to be doing right by their healthcare workers, which is keeping some of my anxiety down regarding her work. You may have heard this but, direct from the CDC to my daughter, the next 2 weeks are critical to stay in and avoid the virus as it's on the upswing. So, please be careful y'all!! She has described some of the symptoms and experiences (w/o violating HIPAA) of some of these patients and it really is very scary!!! Let's not take chances!

Have a wonderful Wed all!!!

Posted: 08 Apr 20, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, Thanks amidds my husband works with the dead bodies he is a cop and works security so I'm on pins and needles .I'm afraid he is gonna get it.I know what it's like to have organ failure and not to be able to breath on your own but yet not loose consiousness.It scares me to death the thought of it all .My husband took 3 bodies to the morgue this week.They have that whole unit taped off for those patients none of them are making it out of there so far.The sheriff in our town has it too and is in there he is fighting for his life he is in his 60s.I told him dont go up there unless they call him and he said it's his job and as a cop it's his duty to make sure everyone is safe and secure.He also has to handle behavioral health patients what if they got it? I'm so nervous if I get something this time I might not make it lol.people are even going crazy and licking produce in the grocery stores knowing they are infected.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 20, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't envy any of you who are working at home. It seems to me that it would take so much discipline to stick to the job with all of the comforts of home so easily in reach. I'm thinking of you all.

Lsgp, I thought about a baby boom too. I think you will be proven correct! : )

Amidds, I'm glad your daughter is doing ok and that her hospital is functioning well. So far the nursing home where my DIL is a nurse does not have any COVID patients. It's such a concern for those of us who have family who are considered essential workers. Both of my sons still have to go to work every day, and of course my DIL has her nursing shifts. They are all constantly on my mind.

Amidds, no new hobbies here though I'm going to have to come up with something. I am used to reading a book a week but I find I can't really focus that long on reading, so I've slowed way down. I haven't been out of the house to go anywhere since the first week in March and I'm doing way too much sitting. It's about to turn cold again, so no more yard work for a while. I have done more connecting with friends who I haven't talked to in a while and that's nice.

Jo, I agree with you that humor is essential at this time. I compare it to Mr. Roger's advice to look for the helpers in any crisis. I need to look for the smiles. Let me assure you that I am not minimizing the fear, despair and sorrow of this pandemic in any way. No one is laughing at the tragedy of the illness, the danger essential workers are in, or the fear that so many are experiencing. No humor there. But I do find some humor in laughing at myself. For example, I saw a meme of a person wearing a cone of shame because it would prevent one from touching their own face. I had to laugh because until this crisis I had no idea how often I touch my face and I find now that I could use my own cone. I had to laugh today when I was texting with my best friend and we were asking each other what we were doing with the day. Turns out both of us had taken showers and done laundry and that was our success for the day . Both of us were way too proud of our accomplishments. I was almost excited that I was about to walk down the driveway for the mail because I might see a neighbor I could talk to at a distance. . I've seen some very funny monologues from parents online who are trying to home school their kids. I know many of you are doing that and probably don't see the humor, but I have to admit some of the videos I see are pretty funny. So yes, I'm laughing. I know myself. I'm a lot healthier if I can see the humor. I find anger creeping in at people who are not staying home and who make statements online about defying the recommendations. I can't dwell on that. I can only do what I know is right and urge all those in my circle to do the same.

Finally, I'll share that my DIL brought my grandkids to see me yesterday. Was it yesterday??? Not sure, I've lost track of my days. Anyway, they stayed in the van, but stood on the seats with their upper bodies out the skylight. I sat in a chair fifteen or so feet away and we talked. They were just bubbling over with stories and questions and general silliness. I needed that. I hope all of you are finding those small moments of joy.

Posted: 09 Apr 20, 00:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am finding those moments special with my grandchild as well.I just have one but hes name is Chevy he is 4 and he is very special to me and knows everything about sharks and dinasours.The little dude can already read that's amazing they are learning so fast now in school.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 09 Apr 20, 22:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Joe T.
@Chevyman?

My maternal grandfather was a soldier in WW2, became a Russian POW and returned with the consequences of a head shot. It only showed when he had drunk a little, then he became violent. Surely my mum (born ´49) and her sibling were affected. They have been leading normal lives, but regarding my mother the trauma showed in the strained relationship wih my Father and the way I was raised.
I read somewhere that a few years before WW1, the German Emperor reportly said that a new war would be a "steel bath for the German nerves". What a horrible statement! Germany had not been involved in a war since 1871. "Nerves" and "nervous sickness" was a big thing in that interwar period. Ever heard of "neurasthenia"?

@Katydy5

You asked how things are in Germany. I think the measures coem a little too late. When the cases in northern Italy were skyrocketing, everyone with average intelligence could gauge that the virus would enter Germany given the fact many Germans were on skiing holiday in Austria, Switzerland and Northern Italy.. Carneval or Fasching (which Freddie loved in his Munich years) was in late February, when the first German cases had already been reported. Our Secretary of Health, together with the heads of our CDC, announced on their regular press conferences they did not consider it necessary to cancel Fasching. The result was the first big cluster. And our chancellor had been conspicuously absent on the press briefings until mid-march- and she´s a PhD physicist, she KNOWS what exponential growth is. The Department of Health can just issue warnings or guidelines, and,due to our federal system, only the individual "governors" of the states (Bavaria, Saxony etc.) can implement measures. Health warnings and appeals by Chancellor and DOH should have been issued at least two weeks earlier.
For my part, I freaked out at the end of February/beginning of March. Two or three days after the local Fasching Parade, the first case was reported in my town (Heidelberg)
I cancelled all future private Appointments and stopped going downtown. I did not go to the library to gave back books, I sent them by mail. I was dependent on public transportation, but the last ride four weeks ago turned out to be horrifying- so many passengers coughing without covering their mouths, pushing tram buttons holding onto grab handles and straps with their bare fingers, then touching their faces. This was before Lockdown were even on the table.
So I bought a cheap bicycle. I work as part-time newspaper man, so I do not encounter many people early in the morning. bakeries, pizzarias etc. are still open, home delivery and/or takeaway only. I tried to order Food from a Supermarket online service, but the delivery time schedule is always completely booked out, which means the next two weeks from now. When the next day pops up it´s the same thing. So I still go to the supermarket once a week. There are two within 5 minutes walking distance, so I do not Need to leave my neighbourhood. There is a lot of solidarity, I saw private notices by People offering to buy buy and bringing food for elderly and quarantined people. I know several people in my Extended Family who have been infected by or had a brush with Covid-19, but they are all fine. We are not very close, but it is remarkable how perceptions of the epidemic have been shifing from something that´s far away or affecting a few people here and there to something that´s "hit home" and amongst your fellows.

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 01:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven,I get it I didnt realise I had ptsd , anxiety Depression, or any of the other things till I was a
41 year old woman and I got suddenly sick.They sent me for a neuropschic evaluation and said I had severe ptsd due to childhood trama.I growing up thought it was normal for your father to make you get on the floor and hold a loaded gun to your moms head.I never understood why she stayed as long as she did.I guess maybe since she married at 15 might had something to do with it I dont know.She was born in 58 and my Dad was born in 47.He was alot older than she was.I survived it .I guess my childhood explains my fight or flight reaction when I feel backed into a corner I come out fighting I sure dont run.I learned throughout my childhood or the early years anyway to sleep light I was always ready to grab my brother at the time and hit the door in case my Dad totally lost it and tried to shoot us.We are all survivors of something .The one thing I still struggle with is my anger and they prescribe good drugs for that lol.

stevendabudgie

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just found this:

"Coronavirus Q&A with Anthony Fauci, MD
NIAID Director and Presidential Coronavirus Task Force Advisor Anthony Fauci, MD discusses recent developments in the global COVID-19 pandemic with JAMA Editor Howard Bauchner. Originally streamed on April 8, 2020."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0cYneu-hlc

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Steven always looking for updates on the corona.I went to the store yesterday and there are shields in front of the store associates scary stuff but what are we to do.Wash hands and do the best we can.I watched a man on utube lick a vegitable and a worker slapped him down to the ground he so deserved this.I wash everything I get even milk jugs.It makes you realize how many people werent washing their hands.Im gonna go ahead and say this men stand to go to the bathroom were they not washing their hands and handling things afterwards goodness gross.My 4 year old grandson always washes his hands after he goes to the bathroom I dont even have to tell him.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sometimes it's hard to find that balance between having a healthy level of fear about this pandemic, but not letting it overwhelm you. For those whose work puts you or your loved ones in contact with the public in any capacity, I know you have an added level of stress. For many who live alone, social distancing could be a challenge after this much time. Thank God for the Internet!

I try to focus on what I can control, because there is so much that I can't. I can control whether I go shopping in a store or order groceries (started doing that last week), I can control social distancing, hand washing, wearing a mask, how much news I watch etc. We've all been thrust into this difficult experience, but at least it's a shared experience and somehow, that makes things easier.

JB050...I like the idea of starting a new hobby, but no, I haven't done so yet. I also feel exhausted at the end of the work day, even though I am working from home.

MHZ...How cool that you have a Brian May guitar! That is on my dream list of purchases! A couple years ago my husband gave me the book "Queen: Easy Piano Collection". I had tried playing the first part of Bohemian Rhapsody on an electronic keyboard, but it didn't sound very good and I gave up. I should try again, although I really like the idea of having a player-piano that could do Queen songs with me pretending to play along! :)

Steve...Thanks for sharing what's happening in Germany. With your interest in World War 1, did you happen to watch Peter Jackson's film "They Shall Not Grow Old"? Amazing documentary achievement.

Chevy...Glad you have a grandson who brings you such joy. Little tykes love their dinosaurs!

Lsgp....Ha ha! Yes, I bet there will be a lot of "corona babies". Maybe even an upswing in the number of boys named "Anthony" after Dr. Fauci.

Amidds....What do you crochet? My grandmother taught me how to crochet granny squares, so I made a quilt with her guidance about 45 years ago. I have definitely forgotten how to crocet, but I still have the quilt.

Katydyd....I hope you took a picture of your grand kids during their visit. What a wonderful image of them sticking their heads of the skylight of the van. Sweet moment!

A couple days ago was the first time I had gotten out of the house to do anything fun in weeks. I went metal detecting with my husband in a large, unplanted corn field. Didn't find anything except a lot of nails and 2 musket balls. I wore my new Freddie "The Show Must Go On" tee-shirt thinking it would bring me luck. As I took a break, eating a sea-salt chocolate covered caramel, and looking around at that quiet scene before me, watching my husband detecting in the distance, I did, indeed, feel very lucky.

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, thanks for sharing your experience in Germany. Normally I'm a news junkie but I've started rationing what I watch for now so I wasn't as aware of the situation there as I might normally be. It sounds like you are taking some good precautions to protect yourself. Actually I like the idea of the bicycle because not only will it get you around, but it will also give you exercise. I'm sorry it's been difficult for you to order groceries, but again, I'm sure you are taking precautions. It does seem like people are pulling together and there are many examples of kindnesses out there.

So far I've ordered my groceries delivered twice. Scheduling a delivery date has been the issue, but I just keep hopping on the computer and checking until I can get a date. It's usually just a day's wait. I eat a lot of fresh produce so that means my buyer is touching my food directly. The first time I ordered I got two heads of butter lettuce. Well, as soon as I took them out of the bag I looked at them and I threw them away. Too much of a risk. I don't know what I was thinking, but it will be bagged salad from now on. I don't feel safe going to the grocery store at this time. I'm hearing too many stories of people getting angry over what seem to be small issues. Plus I'm so not crafty that I don't have the materials here that I need to make a face mask. MY DIL is sending me some hair ties and then I'll make one from an old tee shirt. I don't know why because I'm still not going out.

Rainbow, I had to laugh. You said you took a break eating "a" sea-salt caramel. I don't normally keep chocolate around but I can't imagine if I had sea-salt anything chocolate around that I would be limiting to one. You must be a strong woman!

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, We will survive this they survived alot worse in the 80s and there are some here today to tell their experiences and stories.We didnt have social media then and they didnt know what was causing the AIDS virus for a while.At least they know what's causing this virus right away thank God for that.My family was affected directly with the virus in the 80s with my uncle when nothing was really known but I'm sure he got the virus from multiple sex partners .It still affects a mother greatly to loose her son .I'm sure it affected Freddie's mom too.Life after death does have to go on it was a pretty dark sad period then with young men and women losing their battles but out of that came a rainbow and a purpose and reason for these tragedy's.I think the message is safe sex some idiots blamed it on men having sex and to stop doing it.Thats nuts those desires are the way we are created. Safe sex was the answer and it slowed the transmission down.They will figure out s reason why this virus is here and what will slow it down or stop it as well.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven....I forgot to mention the recent movie "1917". The way it was filmed was stunning...like you were walking in the trenches with the soldiers. I consider it a masterpiece of film making.

Katydyd....I had two sea-salt chocolate caramels with me but only ate one! I have 4 large plastic containers of them in the cupboard but usually only eat 2 per day!

I wonder how Freddie would have dealt with social distancing? No parties at Garden Lodge, no touring with Queen, no going out to restaurants and clubs. He would have found this incredibly difficult. Who knows though, he might have created some amazing music because of being isolated (Well, he wouldn't have been totally isolated. I know he had Jim, Joe, and Peter at GL...but I don't think a party of 4 would have been satisfying for a long period of time!)

Posted: 10 Apr 20, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie would have gotten cabin fever.

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 00:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey, I tried to go back to find who first introduced us to the Finding Freddie episodes, but I couldn't find it. Was it Amidds? JB?? I don't want to step on anyone's toes by posting a link to the latest, but it's worth a look. It is part 4 of the making of Barcelona, and has a few short stories that were new to me.

http://www.youtube.com/freddiemercurysolo

Enjoy!

stevendabudgie

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@chevyman

Cabin fever? Like Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"?
"Here´s Freddie!" :D

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, I love that movie here's Johnny.