Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 19:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chevyman, have you seen "Room 237"? It´s a documentary about different interpretations of "The Shining". You only hear the theorists expound accompanied with clips from the movie. Some theories are hair-raising, like "Kubrick the director) hinted at his staging the moonlandings". But it´s interesting and sometimes entertaining how people can Interpret a movie in so many different ways, or project their own fantasies on it. :D

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steen, I need to check that out thanks.

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wanna wish everyone that celebrates Easter Happy Easter!Still practice your distancing go out on your boat alot of people fishing my way.If you got kids or family near by order a delivery service to give them a dinner from you.There are ways to not let this whole thing rain on your parade.Remember make a toast to one another and we do have social media send eachother pics.God Bless!

stevendabudgie

Posted: 11 Apr 20, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don´t know. The documentary is 2 hours long, and most of the theories are complete BS or just analytic overkill.

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 02:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lspg. I 2nd that. Busier working from home. Really grateful am working but have definitely noticed that too. Working this weekend too for Tuesday deadline.

My heart and gratitude also to Amidds daughter. We have friend who is a nurse who got it, a week later she was feeling better and said she was ready to go back to work. Amazing, courageous, selfless people.

Love the hobby answers. I know I sure sound like a very broken record but I do need to catch up. Really great to see everyone gathering here.

I have been getting my Queen and Freddie fixes in.

Best to all. Hope you are all safe and well.

stevendabudgie

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish everybody happy and healthy easter, too! I hate being a naysayer, but even in Wuhan, things are not back to normal, although the lockdown has been lifted. If you wanna know whether there could be a second wave, just look at China. there are a few critically reporting channels:

China Uncensored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFP46yVT-GG4o1TgXn-04Q

China in Focus NTD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBOqkAGTtzZVmKvY4SwdZ2g

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, my Freddie fixes are part of what is keeping me happy. Some of you may remember I had just gotten a new computer when this thread started and while most of my files had been saved, I lost everything I had on Freddie except my picture files. I guess that you could say that has been one of my hobbies while I'm stuck inside. It's a great excuse to spend lots of time rebuilding my files. Currently I finish my time on the computer each evening watching something from the Montreal concert. Dragon Attack is a favorite!

Wishing you all a lovely Easter tomorrow!

Stay safe!!

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, I'm glad Freddie brings you so much happiness it seems sometimes things can get a little depressing for me in my life situation and all its drastic changes and I can crank up one of his songs and its like it was written with me in mind.Im glad you find peace with the friendships you have here you enjoy talking to folks and they enjoy your company as well.A good thing you created here he would given you a thumbs up.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 17:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A very happy Easter to everyone and blessings to you all.

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was strange not going to church today for Easter mass, which is my favorite mass of the year. My husband and I went for an afternoon drive to get out of the house and decided to stop by the church anyway. We were surprised to see a sign on the door saying the church was open for people who wanted to pray (and that social distancing was to be observed). We had actually expected to find the church locked. My husband and I went inside....we were the only ones there! We walked to the back of the church and then came up the center aisle and sat down. The church is fairly large and was dimly lit, highlighting the beauty of the 12 sets of large stained glass windows from front to back. It is the church where both my husband and I were baptized, made our First Communion, and got married. To be the only two people sitting there was a peaceful and solemn, yet lovely experience....one that I will always remember.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Easter to all! Rainbow, I am the same in that I don't like to miss the Easter service, although our church has been broadcasting online so my husband and I watched that. It is really not the same, and our pastor said this was the 4th week they have done this, it is hard to believe it's been that much already. I really hope we can get back to normal soon, but I am wondering what that will look like any more. Will church, or sporting events, or anything be able to happen like it used to? Will people be comfortable crowding into places again? I would think not...but I am wondering what adaptations will be made for our new "normal".

I have been quite busy considering how little we can really do...it was my granddaughter's birthday on Friday. It was really hard to find presents when you can't really go in stores, and ordering things online is dicey with the times on shipping being impacted so heavily. We finally managed some things though, and my granddaughter's mom drove her around to quite a few houses where she got wished a happy birthday from the curb, she really loved it! They came by our house and I made a small cake for her, covered it with plastic and then put candles on it so she could blow them out and not get her germs on the cake. Then, I took my red special and amplifier on our front porch and played her Happy Birthday, she thought that was the greatest! My granddaughters love it that their Nana plays a rock guitar...not many kids can say that. Today we made up and delivered Easter baskets and had egg hunts with my grandkids (separately) and all done from the curb while they were on their steps. It is such a weird thing, but something they will surely remember!

Steven it is great that you can deliver papers, I had forgotten that they even deliver papers now, since so much information is online. Katyd, how frustrating that you lost your Freddie files, I would have been furious! At least you can get things back, even if it takes a while. I got my Freddie fix yesterday and watched several DVDs that I have been putting off, one being the interviews and concert excerpts that were included with the Queen on Fired, Live at the Bowl and the other was the mini-documentary included with the News of the World box set. Both were really good, mostly they were interviews and such that I have seen clips of online, but seeing the entire interviews was really nice. Even a few new things I had not seen.

If you guys want something really funny to watch, you should go to Brian May's Instagram and watch him sing the Baked Potato song...it is absolutely a hoot! He put it up today and I have been singing it all day, it is to help raise money for the NHS. If I was more tech-savvy I would try to post a link, but I'm not sure how you do that with Instagram!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 5205 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 20, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My church had an on-line live stream today of the Easter Mass with our priest, organist/singer and lector. It was sad to see the empty church but he gave a beautiful sermon about how on the first Easter morning when the followers of Christ went to the sepulcher, it, too, was empty because HE had risen. I cried through most of the service!

Hopefully, this horrible pandemic will have some positive aspects to it and bring people together in the realization of what is most important.

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My grandmother gets communion at her home so that's nice the priest makes those house visits.

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 02:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My church has been holding services via YouTube for four weeks now. The pastor has been filming from his home, but he did it from the church sanctuary today and I was surprised at the emotions I felt seeing my Sunday "home". One of the things I enjoyed most each week was the music. We have a great choir, and I'm Methodist, so we do lots of congregational singing too. For now individuals have been recording music videos to go with the sermons but it's just not the same. I have to have faith that it will go back to normal someday. I can't imagine not gathering with my friends on Sundays. In fact, once we get a vaccine and testing, I have to have faith that much of our life will return to normal. I just don't want to see a rush to that. I'm concerned that restrictions will be ended too soon.

MHZ I loved reading how you are connecting with your grandkids. I wish I had thought to have an Easter egg hunt here from the curb. I'm going to have to be more creative because the longer this goes on, the harder it is not to see the grandkids. We've already missed a birthday and another one is coming up in May. I'll start thinking about that now. I absolutely love that you played Happy Birthday on your red special!! Your cool quotient must have gone through the roof!!!

I checked out Brian May's Baked Potato on Instagram and loved it. He has the best facial expressions!

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all

How everyone had a nice weekend.

Katy- so cool! I’m so glad your getting to spend time rebuilding your library and enjoying doing it. Did you get to hang up your newest items or is it on hold for your son?

Rainbow. Wow! I’m so deeply moved by your story of getting in the church and the special memory you made. So beautiful.

Please forgive me since I haven’t yet seen all the posts if I missed replying or am duplicating with this link..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uIMExOejjk8

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I apologize for posting another non-Queen song, but this one is so beautiful, and the lyrics so hopeful considering what is happening now, that I thought I would share. The singing and orchestration are magnificent. I couldn't help but think as I watched this performance, "When will we ever be able to gather like this again?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Som6MLXGw

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, loved your link. Brian certainly is a bight spot every single day and I've always loved the song "Get Back". I don't have my canvas prints up yet and it is making me crazy. I had to move the big one to get into a box for something the other day and I messaged my son just to remind him that it has been since Christmas that they've been sitting up here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. He's not likely to do anything about it until this social distancing is relaxed, but the minute he hangs the prints for me I'll share a picture of my canvas corner.

Rainbow, thanks for your link too. Josh Groban has started what he's calling "shower songs" and he did his version of your song yesterday. Here's the link. He does a lot of shout outs first, but if you go about 3/4 of the way in, you'll hear him sing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ougVsiapYg

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved Get Back, JB! Hopefully I’m not showing too much ignorance here, but who is Gary Barlow? I actually tried playing along because I have Get Back in my guitar book, but of course it ended up being in a different key. Argh!

Great link as well, Rainbow, and I also enjoyed Josh Groban’s version! I adore Josh, his voice is so beautiful. I saw him in concert with Sarah Maccoughlin a few years ago and it was amazing!

I don’t know what it is about that Baked Potato song but I can’t stop singing it! I hear Brian’s voice saying “wash your hands...stay indoors” and his expression....just makes me laugh!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anything Brian May sings is super Cute these days keeping himself busy like us all.He is awesome! Roger is so quite not much activity from him I'm sure he is drumming around the house driving his wife nuts .I have a friend that drums and they cant keep those hands still.I seen Adam Lambert on Instagram being his goofy self.He is alot like me sometimes we humor only ourselves.The dude can do makeup though he has beautiful eyes.

stevendabudgie

Posted: 13 Apr 20, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Rainbow61

i did not watch those movies. I wanted to watch "1917" in the theatre a few weeks down the line.. Due to my part-time job I cannot go the movies . And then came the virus…
As I wrote, I was part of a group holding silent movie seminars. 2014 was about WW1. We watched a lot of contemporary films, fiction, documentary and propaganda. Keep in mind, that, British and Americans remember that war differently than continental Europeans. It´s downfall of monarchies in Germany, Austria-Hungary and Russia, redrawing borders and the birth of new nation states. These were Earth-shattering events. In 2013 we held one about science fiction. I read a lot of literature about the history of the genre. It is interesting that the US Civil War gave a taste of Things to come. After the German-French War 1871 the subgenre of future war stories blossomed until WW1- and why? Because, although people knew from the Civil War that the next great one would be industrial, almost noone could imagine the trench warfare of WW1. Authors imagined fast victories. but not the stalemates with endless attatacks and counterattacks to conquer one hill. Neither did they imagine that such a war could lead to destruction of civilization. I read this book, check out the synopsis/description:

https://www.amazon.com/Voices-Prophesying-War-Future-1763-3749/dp/0192123025