Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 20, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have watched some of Adam Lambert’s IG stuff, he is really funny. Chevy, did you watch him do his eye makeup a few weeks ago? He does have gorgeous eyes, and he knows how to do them up....I have never been that good with makeup! I am wondering how well his Velvet album is doing, I really liked his Superpower song but the rest are a little bit meh for me.

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 20, 18:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really love his makeup too every female appreciates his talent for sure.If his singing career ever goes he can always go into makeup.I'm usually not too keen on guys that wear makeup but it works for him he has those feminine qualities but yet he is still just a gorgeous dude to all his female fans. A image that Freddy portrayed on stage for many years that kept them ladies chasing his tail.When he was off stage ofcourse he could be himself.The crotch rocket Freddie was packing probably kept the ladies in check .The leotards he wore on stage drove men and women wild.Poor ladies they could dream .Men you were so lucky to have known him.Adam Lambert has had a honor and opportunity of a lifetime.Alot of lady's lust after Freddie to this day I do not and yes I do enjoy men alot.I just see so much more to him than his beauty I see the artist that man behind that mask intrigues me.I can kinda relate to him.I was always the one in the corner at a party checking everything out.I was approached of course but their is so much more to you than what's on the outside and I think Freddie saw the sincere good things in oeople.If they were different that was ok.He liked those strays it seemed from what I have read. I mean he liked strange freaky people .He liked people society shunned .He was their friend.I wonder if he felt this way as a child.I wonder if he felt different.I say this because I did i felt different than other girls when I was younger.It definately showed in my mannerisms as much as I tried to mask it the older I got I couldnt.I always wished I was like the other girls and just liked the boys.Its a tough thing to try to hide.Especially once you hit about 10 or11 years old .I wonder about Freddie did he feel like an outsider too.Is that why he took so many unwanted people in.We will never know.

Posted: 14 Apr 20, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, my text was answering you I got carried away friend.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 15 Apr 20, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A little bit of a tangent there Chevy, LOL!

I finally unwrapped my copy of a Night at the Odeon and watched it today, it was great. I’m not sure why I’ve waited so long on these...except that my husband gets a lot of Queen and doesn’t appreciate the concerts any more! Mainly because I have to turn them up pretty loud, I guess. So I have to watch them when he’s out of the house. It’s a cold snowy day here so it’s good for cozying up on the couch. I still have the Wembley concert to see. I don’t have the Budapest one, just wondering if anyone has it and would recommend it?

Posted: 15 Apr 20, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, That's what my history teacher used to say and we would all slump down in our chairs time for one to take notes meaning me.While everyone else slept.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 15 Apr 20, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, you sound like me. I have a couple of Queen DVDs that I haven't opened including Budapest. I did finally open and watch Wembley several weeks ago and loved it, and of course I opened and watched Montreal about a week ago and it's my favorite of them all. I have no idea why I haven't watched the other DVDs. I think it's knowing that once I do I will have nothing new of theirs to look forward to. Trust me, I know how ridiculous that sounds. . Also, when I first got the DVDs my family was living with me while they built their house and I couldn't have listened to them at the volume level I would have liked. I also have Brian's 3D book that I glanced through but haven't read yet. You'd think with all of this time on my hands I would have done more Queen watching!

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Has anyone seen mr Mack's son ranting on IG that dude makes no since he has to be on the bong seriously.He is upset because people are posting pics of him as a kid with Freddie in Germany instead of being honored he is bitching about his privacy.All I got to say is talk to your pappy he is the one that put the pics out there telling everyone Freddie wanted to be a family man instead of who he was.I think Mr. Mack got things a little twisted and misunderstood his friend Freddie.From video footage I think he adored others kids.But from a family man perspective I dont see it even if he had settled with a good man.He was a busy entertainer we cant forget he did love the night life.I just didnt like him suggesting Freddie wanting something like a lady when if he did he wouldve kept good ole faithful Mary .He even hated busty Barbara .What a shame.Get off the bong man.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh also he said he wanted to set the record straight about someone gossiping about how things really were with Freddie who was he talking about? This is turning into a soap opera.He dont wanna roll old school I dont think they play.I have no idea what he was talking about he looked as if he was going into a coma.Check it out.maybe Germany issues he was referring too.I didnt like that Germany era at all drama drama dark times and rock bottom.Need for brighter days.

Rainbow61 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 681 posts

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ...Loved your story of playing "Happy Birthday" on your Red Special. How COOL! The Budapest concert is great. You can watch the full concert on YouTube which includes the documentary footage. The video quality is excellent. Here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J5XQ-B8iBE

Katydyd...I love the Montreal concert as well. Just curious, why is that concert your favorite? I love the set list and Freddie sounds amazing. I find the audience a bit flat though. Sorry to hear you are missing your grandchild's birthday. I'm sure you will find a creative way to celebrate the day, although I realize, it's not the same unless you can be there.

Steve....I have not watched many silent movies, but the ones I have seen I really enjoyed. It's a different kind of movie experience, that's for sure. I like "The Wind" with Lillian Gish and "Sparrow" with Mary Pickford. My husband liked the World War 1 move "Wings". Yes, I would imagine that one's perspective on war is greatly shaped by many factors including where you live and the generation you come from. You probably told us some time ago, but what brought you to Queen Zone in the first place? Have you been a Queen fan for years and just stumbled onto this site?

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 01:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I think the reason I like the Montreal concert so well is that Freddie sounds and looks amazing all the way through.

MHZ I found my Budapest DVD and I'll look at it tomorrow if I have time and let you know what I think. LOL, if I have time...……………..I have nothing but time. I'm about to expose my ignorance about cars though. If one sits undriven in the driveway for too long, can the battery die? That just occurred to me today so I'm going to take it out for some exercise tomorrow. : ) That ought to use up half an hour.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 01:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, I'm so glad you enjoyed it.Im sorry yourr hubby doesnt care for Queen anymore.I love them they are timeless music.I also like Nazareth that was my moms band.The Eagles were good my dad supposidly filled in on base with them once.He also played alot of the local bars and pubs.Queen is still number one they truly were there for the fans.It just wasnt money to them when Freddie was here.He would pour his heart out to his audience and hold them up in the palm of his hand amazing.A tremendous victory and honor to be present or his friend.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The battery can die and alternator can go bad.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 03:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The battery can die and alternator can go bad.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had to do it!

Attachment: 20204161950219738.jpg 60 KB
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 17:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes Katyd, your battery can die if not used. Usually it can be recharged up if you have a charger or jumper cables to another car. You can go out every few days and run your car for 5 or 10 minutes, even drive around the block to keep the engine in shape and the battery up. We use a trickle charger on ours when we will be gone for a while, but that is plugged in so you have to have an outlet near.

Let me know what you think of Budapest, I’m only on the fence with that one since it was so close to Wembley and probably had a similar set of songs. Thanks for the link, Rainbow, I will have to check it out! Funny Katyd, I am the same with not watching the videos, I kind of want to have something new out there that I haven’t seen. I have seen so much and read so much that there aren’t many new things left. I’m already dreading the day when something happens and Roger and Brian aren’t actively doing things any more! But as to favorites, the concert at the Rainbow is my favorite, I like the older songs best, Queen, Queen II, and Sheer Heart Attack are what I listen to most. I like Freddie with his long hair and I think his voice was so much more clear and versatile when he was younger. Plus the rock and roll and vaudeville styles really appeal to me from that era.

Chevy, I haven’t seen Mack’s son’s stuff, but I can get being a little miffed about having his picture out there. But it doesn’t help his situation to complain, there’s not much that can be done at this point. I suppose just a young man wanting his own identity and not to be linked to someone else....although most people would probably be honored by it!

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Freddie with his long hair he looks like a young persian boy and that jawline is gorgeous perfection.He did some nude modeling in college they say.I bet it was a delight when it came time to do his face so much detail their.A poster boy for all Indian guys of his time he made us proud for sure.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 21:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, Freddie could do what ever he wanted I would be totally honored I would be at his beck and call.It is a honor he thought so much of him and his family as a boy with all his fame and social status the man just walked off the stage and was this regular guy.I think the boy is just on his menstrual cycle take some midol and it will be better in the morning.His father just rubbed me the wrong way and that's who generated those photos to begin with.He took a conversation supposidly he had with Freddie about women and family and his desire not to be gay which I dont believe he said at all.He took that and ran it around the block to several whore houses and finally it ended up in the hands of reporters.That was a figure of speech I'm sorry that's a little extremeIt upsets me a little when folks say another person finally finds peace and happiness with themselves and then that other person trys to say I'm your friend I accept you with these conditions look what I have dont you want this.Family is nice but family doesnt always follow a traditional setup.Family is where your heart is.

Posted: 16 Apr 20, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I talked to several friends knowledgeable about cars and they all told me exactly what you said. : ) I decided to take the RAV out once a week for a half hour drive just to keep things in shape. Went out today and put 15 miles on it so I feel good about that. I will say that when I was in the midst of chemo a few years ago, it sat idle in the driveway for almost six months. Periodically my son would bring his truck over and take the RAV for a few days just to keep it going but it was probably only once a month. It was like a light bulb coming on in my mind yesterday when I remembered that. I'm glad I did remember and now have a plan.

I watched Budapest today and enjoyed it. The DVD is the concert, but it also has those famous Budapest pieces on each of the band members embedded in the video. For example, when Brian's solo comes along, the film makers veer off to his Budapest piece and the ride in the hot air balloon. I've always loved Freddie's part showing him shopping in the antique store, trying the vodka, riding the boat, "Interview?? Don't be ridiculous" etc. As for the comparison to Wembley, you are correct. The set list is similar and that is acknowledged in the liner notes. The explanation is that the set list maybe similar, but with Queen, you never got the same performance twice. I like all of the different eras of Freddie and Queen, but I probably prefer the later years. Then again, there are a lot of songs from the early era that I will watch over and over on YouTube. I like almost all of Freddie's looks, except for that mullet he was sporting briefly. I love the shorter, curly hair in the Crazy Little Thing Called Love video. I also really like when he had the long hair but let the curls show a bit. But overall, I think the mustache look was perfect for him.

MHZ, I have an IG account but never use it. However, I was able to find Freddie Mack's FB page. http://www.facebook.com/thefreddiemack/?epa=SEARCH_BOX I hope that works though I know FB links often don't work here on QZ. Anyway, he has a couple of video blogs he's put up and one of them deals with the issue of pictures oh himself as a child. Since many of them are with Freddie I think they would be considered public domain, but I'm way out on a limb there because I really don't know. The thing I took from his video is that he is equally upset with people making completely false statements about his family and Freddie as he is with the pictures. He said that during this quarantine he's had time on his hands so he Googled himself and was surprised to see all the baseless statements out there.. Apparently he's going to try to correct some of them or have some removed. If you've never Googled yourself it can be interesting.

Posted: 17 Apr 20, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alot of those false accusations that got start were because of his father the ones concerning Freddie anyway lol.He was a child at the time when all these accusations and studio drama were taking place assuming one was a dislike for his choice in male company winnie and female Barbara.I guess Mack didnt think much of them they werent acceptable companions in his book I dont know.I personally have seen nothing but very kind things said about Mack's boy and Freddie as far as I can tell.Freddie seemed to be very generous to the family buying and helping them financially when mack had money woes.The only true issue I have with him is I feel he misunderstood Freddie when Freddie said he wanted to give up being gay.A person doesnt have that option it's something you are not something you become or change.I guess it was a misunderstanding on his part Freddie appeared to adore children for a short while from video footage and always treated them well.Can you imagine all his antiques and a toddler no way.Who knows maybe he is bored.Boredoms a disease and dramas a fix.

Posted: 17 Apr 20, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you choose to keep company with a celebrity you have to roll with the punches.Im sure it's not that bad and even if mack jr tries to correct social media it wont change people's opinions.Opinions are like an ass everyone has one.If you dont like someones opinion dont add logs to the fire if you KEEP adding logs you must like right can we all agree good night lovelies be safe wash hands.Try to keep busy we will survive this.I have a 4 year old blowing a whoopie cushion in my face boys!!!!!!!