forum rss feed
Author

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy Thanks!!!!

It looks like it is possibly Zoom.

Your wish is my command, here is the link to the together at home re-play. :-) he was in here and also on the online lead-in during the day. Haven’t come across that replay yet. I agree the Stones were so cool... of course. Perfect song too. I am also an Eddie Vedder fan, thought he was incredible too. All were good. Such a great connector ... so glad / appreciative that they did it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Igx-5Kej8k

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks JB! I saved it to watch tomorrow just in case I have time on my hands. Which is all I have. Time on my hands. : )

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 04:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo T....Thanks for the link to Marie's Crisis. I've watched YouTube videos of patrons belting out show tunes around the piano. They were having such a great time. What a joyous atmosphere!

TUHI...In the fall, the area where I live is a stop-over point for snow geese migrating south. When hundreds and hundreds fly overhead on a sunny day and their wings glow in the sunlight, it is truly stunning. Enjoy your warbler watching.

MHZ...Glad you liked the Budapest concert. Freddie was in top form! Thanks for sharing your guitar playing adventure with your Red Special...I can live vicariously through your playing until I get a guitar someday. Besides being able to play Queen music, I would love to learn the guitar solos in "Freebird" by Lynard Skynard, "Hey Hey, My My" by Neil Young, "Hold the Line" by Toto and (don't laugh) "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry! I guess my favorite music is the music of my youth.

Chevy....I can understand you wanting to learn more about your Native American heritage. Most people want to learn about their roots. I wish I had asked my grandparents more about their childhood, but I didn't really think about that as much when I was younger. There are probably resources in your community that could help you do a genealogy search.

JB050...I also feel like the weeks are flying by. I have a looming work deadline that involves inputting a lot of information into our new data base of all the consumers I have worked with from Oct. 2019-now. It's not difficult work, but it is time-consuming. I watched the "One World - Together" concert on Saturday, but someone I missed Adam Lambert's performance. Had to go back and watch that today. I love Adam's voice...was not crazy about the song he did though. I agree about Eddie Vedder...great singer. Loved his music in the movie "Into The Wild".

Katydyd....I want to get Rudi's book as well, but not sure if I want to pre-order. I didn't realize it was going to be sold on Amazon. Does he give any idea of when the book will be done? Looking forward to the Rudi and Brian May project, whatever that may be. Did Rudi happen to say anymore about the project he is doing with Peter Freestone?

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I don't want to lead you astray. I just assumed Rudi's book would be available on Amazon at some point. I don't know that for a fact. One thing he has said several times is that pre-orders will push him to continue to work on the book. I think he has so many projects going on in his head that it is difficult for him to stick to the book. I hope he has a publisher who is holding him to deadlines.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Katydid...thank you for the Kristen link, I laughed all the way through that! I will have to watch more of her videos. I have to admit, I always wondered how painful and effective those Epilady things were!

I watched Rudi yesterday, he was a hot mess. He really needs to have someone else host his show, someone with him to keep him on track, have the agenda and make sure he gets to the topics, and cut him off when he starts wandering on tangents. He never did give an update on his project with Peter Freestone as he promised, didn't cook the salad (cook?) and some of the other things too. I don't really care that he didn't do that stuff, it just irks me that he says he'll do it and then he rambles on other stuff and doesn't get to things. I was never one that could sit in meetings and let other people run them though...I can't stand inefficiency so I always want to be in charge and moving things along, lol! I did guess the trivia question correctly, but I am hoping I don't win as I don't really want that copy of a drawing that he loves so much. It's funny Katydid, I think Rudi was good looking when younger, but now I can't get past that bushy growth under his lip! Maybe we could take the Epilady to that! Ha!

Wow Rainbow, you have some high aspirations on guitar, I like that! And I have to say, Play That Funky Music is one of my favorites too...I have it on my phone and I like to listen to that kind of music when I am mowing the lawn. I just have to make sure there are no neighbors around to watch me bopping around while I mow! I'll have to give it a listen again and see how challenging the guitar part is on it. I just got done with a little practicing and had a decent rendition of Rocky Raccoon going, and now that song will be in my head all day!

I sure miss my farm sometimes, at this time of year I had the baby foals running around and they were always so fun and adorable. I miss having them come up and sniff my neck and nudge me with their nose. They would follow me around and always mess with everything I was working on, they would sniff the wheelbarrow while I cleaned the stalls and try to knock it over...those were wonderful moments!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would agree Rudi is a mess I dont watch his live videos but heard from ladies that do.It appears he is joining and has become a administrator to a queen fan group on fb I waunder how many will follow.I suspected this at this stage of his game I worked in car sales as a finance manager a long time my pay depended on salesmen.
They did whatever they had to against one another to get that sale.I tried to warn someone when I seen it coming instead I was wrongly accused of terrible things now look.I knew this would happen.I expect he will try to become administrator to some of the other larger groups.No worries about our little 18 ladies we will take it to the grave loyalty means everything doesnt it.Have a nice evening everyone.

Posted: 20 Apr 20, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I have no idea why Kristen always does her product tests in her car, but it almost makes it funnier. Check out her videos on stamp on brows, clip on bangs, the facial exerciser and more. I mentioned before that she can go on too long, but I can never bring myself to shut her off. Her KFC Cheetos sandwich is hysterical, but too long. I watched it though because I always wondered about that sandwich.

I agree, Rudi needs someone to help him with organization. The problem yesterday seemed to be low battery on his phone so he was trying to film while it was plugged in to the charger. He did say he would make the salad next week. I can't even imagine how he'll be able to do that with any kind of coherent directions. He needs to set an agenda and stick to it. I can't stand that kind of inefficiency either. I never liked to run meetings, but my principal always said I was a good one to have in meetings because I'd take as much as I could stand and then I'd bring out my BS meter, and force everyone back on track. That's what I want to do to Rudi. I also want to tell him to stop touching his nose!!!!! If we took the Epilady to that lip growth it would be unbelievably painful...…..and probably pretty funny.

Posted: 21 Apr 20, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ADHD, is a thing I have struggled with all of my life but I managed you would be surprised how many successful people suffer from this chemical imbalance of the body.I dont agree with alot that is going behind the scenes with Rudi and how he is representing his interviews but it's not nice to make fun of someone with a intellectual attention disability.Katy you said you had a classroom full of them.I would expect a different reaction out of you.As far as a facial growth honey we all have things we dont like about ourselves and we all age we start aging the day we are born.No I dont think it would be funny at all.As far as a bs meter I dont think we need that here everyone seems pretty mellow and noone needs to get too big for their own pants.Courtious and friendly is a nice motto dont you think.Alienation of any ooster that is trying to engage in friendly conversation and is ignored looks childish and lurkers do see this trust me they do.Thus isnt good for product sales of any kind just a food for thought.This is a nice thread you have here try and welcome them for who they are please we are all different.We not say things in the way or manner people think we should say them but that's what acceptance is.Or that's what I thought it was supposed to be.I dont care how much money a person has what they wear where they live or who they like boys or girls or both.No judgement acceptance is a easy thing to give someone but I just dont think everyone is on the same page yet.

Posted: 21 Apr 20, 22:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just finished doing several hours of data-entry for work...my brain is completely fried. I should be done this task in about 4 weeks...Aaaagghhh!

Regarding ADHD: Just like MHZ said, most of the creative people in the world probably have some degree of ADHD. And regarding Katydyd's comment, I too have had children in my classroom over the years who had ADHD. I agree with her when she said about Rudi "He's probably got so much going on in his head that he can't settle down". That sounds about right from what I have heard. Of course we don't know if Rudi has ADHD...it was just an observation, but it certainly does not demean those who do live with ADHD in any way. It makes me think of one little boy I had in my third grade classroom many years ago who had ADHD. He was so creative, his mind was going a hundred miles an hour. Did he have an intellectual disability...not in the least. He was funny, kind, and had personality plus. (Just like Freddie) I ran into his parents many years later at a church event and they told me he was doing really well. I was not at all surprised.

This chat thread is usually a pretty mellow place. What's nice is that this thread, and the other QZ threads I have participated in (actually just Thor's threads...I'm not involved in any other QZ threads, the Queenonline forum, Instagram, or Facebook) have always been open to everyone. This is not a private group that picks and chooses it members. As such, there is probably going to be a much larger range of personalities here. There is an amazing array of backgrounds, temperaments, points of view, ages, and life experiences. We live in different parts of the world. I've often thought about the conversations we would have if we actually met someday at an event. That would be pretty outrageous!

I am looking forward to both Thor and Rudi's books. They will largely cover different time periods in Freddie's life, so I am not worried that one book will compete with the other. I'm expecting that once the books have been published and we have a chance to read them, they will spark many an interesting conversation...and maybe some friendly disagreements...but that's okay.

The other day I was chatting with a good friend about doing jigsaw puzzles...of all the various Queen/Freddie products I have seen over the years, I generally never see jigsaw puzzles for sale. I would love to find one that was a collage of Freddie in his various outfits. That would keep me entertained for a long time.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 20, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Rainbow61
?
I became a Queen fan around ´97, when I was 14, 15 years old. My mum had "Greatest Hits 2" in her collection, and started listening to it. Shealso had recorded a 3 -4 TV broadcast of rock music videos, Queen also had a slot, so I also started watching that.. Before that I had known WWRY, WATC, IWTBF, AKOF from the radio, and "Princes of the Universe" from the TV series. I remember being very impressed by Freddie´s voice in the latter, and liking it in AKOM when I was a child. (before I turned into a fan).

Posted: 21 Apr 20, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven....If the "Greatest Hits 2" album you listened to was vinyl and not a CD, then I hope it did not get misplaced or given away over the years. There is nothing like real vinyl...and those record albums are collector's items now.

Posted: 21 Apr 20, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I didnt realize Freddie was diagnosed with ADHD.Usually you have to be seen by a doctor that's when they diagnosed me.However it didnt affect my learning as it does with some children.It just made me hyper and I would finish my work quickly and would disrupt other students I talked all the time.Steven I wasnt much of a Queen fan rowing up I basically started kinda following Freddie's story some after his death I was about 17 years old at the time.I can remember thinking why are these reporters and media making such a circus out of this mans life.I know stories go around about celebrities but what put the icing on the cake for me me is when they started making up these outlandish stories about him and women and such.Some people like privacy he may have been one of those people for reasons known to him.He was no bisexual .He loved the company of men it was obvious.It to me was so damaging and sad for them to say otherwise.So that's my story that's kinda what kinda got me intrigued on him and finding out the truth and then came Thor and Lee's thread and I had seen pics of them online with Freddie and other you ng men and I just knew what the media was putting out there had to be wrong.Im not a big fan of labeling a individual you are who you are at any given time but i do understand attractions to male and females and he wasn't attracted to females at all.

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 01:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry...I just reread my earlier post and realized I was not very clear. I certainly did not mean to say Freddie had ADHD. I only meant that he had some similar characteristics to the child I taught who was smart, funny, kind, and was not someone who liked to be still. But then again, that could describe many children.

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I think a lot of people are turning to jigsaw puzzles right now. I watch Ellen every day and she was talking about a puzzle she is working on and her guest, Wanda Sykes, also is doing a puzzle. We used to do them as a family when the boys were growing up and it occurred to me it might be a good way to pass some time now. I finally found some at a good price on Zulilly so I got two. Amazon has some but the prices are ridiculous and Target online was sold out. You got me curious about Queen puzzles so I looked on Amazon and they do have a few, but they are album cover puzzles and they are close to $30. I'd love to have one of Freddie but I wouldn't pay $30 even for him. Album cover puzzles don't do it for me. BTW, one of my canvas prints is drawings of Freddie in his costumes. I love it! I also Googled Freddie Mercury puzzles and there are a few out there if you were serious. EDIT: I just found this/ http://www.queenonlinestore.com/Queen/Collectables/Queen-II-500-Piece-Jigsaw-Puzzle/68XA0RGM193

Steven, I'm limiting my news watching these days but I did see that Germany is opening up a little bit now. How do you feel about that?

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 03:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd....The other day I set up a card table and opened up a new puzzle box. I haven't gotten to it yet though. It's a thousand piece puzzle of an old fashioned New England scene. I'm like you...doing a puzzle of a Queen album cover doesn't really interest me either. I took a look at your link. That puzzle has a lot of black in it. I'm not sure I would like that. I agree...not paying $30 for a puzzle either.

I found a Freddie jigsaw puzzle you can do online. You can adjust the number of pieces as well as the shape of those pieces. It has a lot of black in it also, but I like the picture...and it is free! :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F413A22F8F6

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow!!! Nooo way!!! An online Freddie jigsaw puzzle! How cool!!! Copying the link now

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow- I just skimmed back - yay re: Eddie Vedder ... Like minded. Hope your brain isn’t too mushy. I soooo know what you mean. Are you trough the bulk of your work.

Katy!! Thank you for the puzzle link to!! Copied.

So now I have a very important question (haha): why do men only get the Live-Aid socks (insert laughing emoji here) pics to follow.

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20204221110176959.png 1 MB
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20204221723695683.png 1 MB
This has been downloaded 11 time(s).

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wasnt talking about book competitions of the two books period.I dont know why people insist on pinning that one on me when it's not true.I was simple stating a marketing fact that's all.In my opinion Thor and Lee's book is gonna be far more interesting because it's not gonna be from a personal perspective not a buisness one.This is also my opinion I'm personally not that fond of Rudi I dont know why maybe he tries too hard .To me someone that jumps right in there with the fans that are Freddie's and Queens to begin with has something up their sleeve.That was just my observation.It took a while for Thor and Lee to warm up to Freddie's fans more genuine to me just my thought.But just straightening that misconception out I think the book will do great always thought it would.I was just talking about marketing there are all types of marketing being two steps ahead is never a bad idea.