Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not much into puzzles but I do like to draw so that is a great pass time.My therapist also turned me on to adult coloring books I sometimes do those.A friend of mine wants me to paint a pic on her nursery wall I'm a little nervous but it's of the sea.So it should be pretty easy free handed.Alot of little fish and sea animals so cute.

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I mean from a personal perspective.

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A little history lesson any of you ever tried any buffalo meat my aunt brought me some I havent had any since I was a child it's super lean and healthy.It's a hunted meat among my tribe of indian people on my Dads side.You can make buffalo chilli and it's really good.If any of you guys fish it's really good right now fishing on your boats.I dont care to much for catfish they are too dirty.I like a more clean fish such as bass or a crappy fish they are very clean.Just another way to practice that social distancing.If your not a hunter you can always catch the fish and release them.I live by a river where you can fish on a wall so that's nice when they open the gates.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have been thinking about doing puzzles too, that’s kind of funny! I also looked at the ones at the Queen site and just couldn’t part with the money for them. I have heard that there are sites that will make puzzles out of any picture that you want, I’m not sure how much they would cost though. I suppose maybe a place like Etsy would have it?

I am wondering if anyone else has been seeing non-stop face masks being advertised on their social media? Mine has been nuts....I think after every post there is a mask advertisement, with all different designs on them. It’s hard to believe how fast they all got that going!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 18:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, Yes they are making them out of lacy bras they are so cute

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh and I just have to have the Mickey mouse one .One kf my guy friends is gonna get it for me before I go to treatment.I told him I was gonna get him a lacy one advertised in my fb group he says the only lace he likes is on his men and I dint think he meant a mask.So I let that one go lol

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 22 Apr 20, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB!!!!! The socks!!!! I love them! I give Christmas stockings to all of my adult kids and grandkids and those socks are perfect for my sons. They like to roll their eyes about my Queen/Freddie obsession so I saw your pictures and immediately went to Amazon and put a pair for each of them in my cart. So glad you shared that!

Rainbow, I marked your link for the online puzzle. I'm going to give it a try. I do a jigsaw puzzle every day on my iPad while watching tv so I'm familiar with using online puzzles.

MHZ I thought your idea about Etsy was great, but they didn't have any puzzles. I wonder if Shutterfly can make personal puzzles. If so, could they use Freddie's face though? Is it that issue of public domain? While searching Etsy for a puzzle I did find a Freddie face mask and I'm seriously thinking about getting one. My DiL has a neighbor who makes masks so she got me a couple, but a Freddie mask would be great. Sadly I suspect we will have a use for them for some time to come so I might as well share Freddie with the world. As for social media and face mask ads, it's been maddening. You are correct, it's every other post. I spent some time the other day blocking all of the advertising companies so I'm not seeing them as frequently now.

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Checking in once more; glad to see (read) that everyone is hanging in there. The only Freddie/Queen contribution I have to offer is that when I walk, I play Queen. "Another One Bites the Dust" and "Hammer to Fall" are especially good rhythms to walk to. :)

Katy, I get your lack of concentration during these past (forever it seems) weeks. I'm getting better, practicing some self-discipline, but schedules are squishy for most of us, it seems. Hang in there, you always have Freddie and Queen.

MHZ, I was fascinated (and maybe a little jealous? :) )about your farm and your love of horses, My daughter was horse-crazy, too, though we never bought a farm (or horse) for her. She did have English riding lessons for a couple of years, loved it, but moved onto soccer at some point. I'll bet you miss that open space, I know I would.

JB, you're fortunate in some ways to be busy, but I'm sure you're feeling this weirdness. I hope you were able to find that Freddie puzzle, you were so excited! A Freddie jigsaw--what would he think about that?

Rainbow, I don't see snow geese, but there are plenty of birds flying in their V formation right now over Central Texas. I've also heard birds at night, when most birds migrate. I'll bet seeing thousands is quite something. The warblers are coming through; I have a pond in my garden and those tired little things just love the shallow parts. The cats however, are not happy that they can't go outside until after dark or if I'm outside with them. Actually, it's only my older male who's outdoors much at all.

Chevy, you're just next door to me (I'm in Texas) so I'd imagine you get that same stream of migrating birds.

Keep well and safe and I wish the same for your families.

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just came across this on a political thread. Everyone needs a laugh right now. Enjoy: http://twitter.com/i/status/1252595388244275201

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 02:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TUHI! LOL. I'm thinking aren't those boys sweet to play along, and then...………………….BRAHAHAHAHA!

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tuhi, Yes I bet I do too! I can swear the same little red bird comes to see me every spring but maybe he heard about the virus and is social distancing for now lol.

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first thing I want to do when this epidemic dies down is go to Florida and take my grandson to Lego World he wants to go so bad.Its about 15 hrs from me I want to put this on my list for his birthday this will put a smile on his little face.It looks like fun.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahahaha! Love that, TUHI! I was totally unsuspecting! As for the horse thing....you can maybe be grateful you never got a horse farm, etc. for your daughter, it is a crazy expensive hobby that I don't recommend! I do miss looking out my window and seeing the horses grazing peacefully and the babies cavorting around in the grass. It's very calming for the soul!

Katydid, I bet you could get the puzzle through Shutterfly, if you use one of the stock photos it's probably ok. And the socks....I have a pair! My loving husband got me some for Christmas. I have yet to wear them though, I kind of like looking at them nice and pristine. I looked at some of the masks on Etsy, I do need one. But most of them said they wouldn't be delivered until mid-May, so that kind of defeats the purpose. I may end up with just a basic one instead of a Queen-related one based on the timeline.

I've had an entertaining morning listening to an Italian Queen fan trying to interview Rudi on Instagram Live. Apparently Rudi's phone is the source of many problems, he talks for about 5 minutes and then it heats up and you lose his connection. I think this is what happened during his Sunday show too. Anyway...they just get started on the interview, the guy asks Rudi a question...and then Rudi starts to answer and the connection is lost. The poor Italian guy is so frustrated! Then they try again and it happens again...like 5 different times. Finally they decided to answer a question and then wait 15 minutes for Rudi's phone to cool and then they do another. Some interesting info though, Rudi says he has 35 of the total 45 chapters in the book done, he is expecting to finish by June, and then release the book in early fall. He says he is going to go country by country and do book signings, I think. Hopefully he sticks to his schedule!

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Katydy5

Yes, Germany is opening up a little. I still have not changed my routine. Procedures in supermarkets and groceries stores have not changed. Stores with 800 square meters maximum can open, but how does keeping distancing work in shopping malls? At least I can go buying accessories for my bike.
I am still on the fence. It´s the same issue like in the US: How long can shut down the economy? There are signs that many got "lockdown fatigue" and developed a lax attitude. According to the data, the infection rate dropped to 0,7 (one infected person infects 0,7 persons), but slightly rose to 0,9. There are virologists expressing concern about opening up as planned. I think the infection rate will go up again. The Spanish Flu had several waves, the second one was the worst. We may be just at the beginning of the epidemic. I am not scared anymore, but try to remain on guard. Every trip to the grocery store feels like a high risk. Next week masks will be obligatory for shopping and public transportation. Concrete measures are decided and implementented by the single states, so I only can report about the place where I live.
There are reports a continued ban on major events till the end of August- no festivals, no concert etc. Musicians, club owners and event managers are frightened.

The only good thing now is the fact that it is spring. Temperatures have risen. I can go out, talk a walk or sit on bench and read.

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 23 Apr 20, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you know this? :D
https://scontent-dus1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/93987982_3448429981850965_1219007414771122176_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=0be424&_nc_ohc=0fTLiagElGoAX8qLuwC&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=7ced64cbabaf87177018a4ff7a4cc19f&oe=5EC80324

Posted: 24 Apr 20, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, I actually got out today and broke out the wind bottle only drank two Glasses but it was nice to get out for a change.I heard the U S is to open up May 1st.Boy am I ready.I have summer all planned out after my surgery.Im hitting the lakes like crazy.Thats what we do in my state .I miss my friends we all grew up together.My towns population is about 4000 or so not very many.We all have each others back here.However I may go to Florida in August if it all works out.TAking my grandson with me.Lego land here we come.i have two other grandchildren gonna be born in july they are twins.Two more boys.I have no grand daughters that's ok though I like boys they are much easier and I'm not a prissy girl so boys suit me fine.

Posted: 24 Apr 20, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I live within driving distance of KY horse country. It's so beautiful to see the miles of white fencing, green grass and horses everywhere. Everything looks so well kept and the homes, if you can see them from the road, are often quite lovely. We once took a tour of the Woodford Reserve Bourbon Distillery on the KY Bourbon Trail and saw many horse farms on the back country roads getting to the distillery. Beautiful country!

I ended up ordering one of the Freddie masks on Etsy. I know that I may not get in time for the current situation, but on the other hand I'm thinking masks may be around for quite a while. If not, I'll be prepared if this happens again. I have a mask my DIL's neighbor made and it's ok and I did try to make one myself today out of an old tee shirt using directions from the internet. It only proved that there is a reason I don't do crafts. It worked, but it mostly looks like I've got a lot of bulky cloth covering my face and I couldn't breathe all that well. I'm going to try to work on it again tomorrow. I think I just need to cut the square smaller. It would help if I had scissors made for cloth cutting. I am easily frustrated with crafts.

Steven thanks for the laugh! I've said it before, laughter is what saves me in situations like this so it was appreciated. Thanks also for sharing more of your experience. I'm glad to hear you are less frightened, but remain vigilant. I too believe there may well be a second wave. Are you seeing protests from groups that want things to open up right away? I'm afraid they will be the source of the second wave. What is the one thing you are really missing? I'm missing restaurants with friends and I happen to love American football and always look forward to the opening of the season. Now I wonder if we will even have football this year. And you may not be able to relate to this, but I desperately need a haircut. I'm starting to look pretty rough.

MHZ, back to Rudi for a minute. The problem last Sunday was his phone, so I wonder why he doesn't get a new phone. Surely he could have one delivered?? It's encouraging to hear that he thinks the book will be finished in June and released in the fall. He has quite the large personality but I do enjoy him.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 24 Apr 20, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the Kentucky horse country is beautiful too. I have driven through it and I love the green grass and fencing, that’s kind of how I patterned my property. But the painting and maintenance of the 3 board wood fencing was severely underestimated! It takes a lot of work to keep it up. In my case, I had deer that liked to run across my property, and instead of jumping over the fence, they would try and jump through it and break the boards. Ugh!

Funny, I looked at those Freddie masks again last night and nearly ordered one...but thought maybe I’d try to make one instead. I am like you with crafts so maybe I will not attempt it! My mom has a friend that can make them so I may beg one from her.

On the Rudi thing, apparently he has a new iPhone 11 waiting for him but it was shipped to Vienna so he can’t get it. If I were him, I would talk to them and get one shipped to Miami and just return the Vienna one when he gets there. I think he finally figured out that his computer has a camera and he can do it from there, so he was broadcasting from there last night. I like Rudi, he cracks me up...but I do get tired of him after a while. And my husband always thinks I’m listening to Arnold Schwarzenegger when he hears him!

The thing I miss most is normal TV and newspapers....I am sick of hearing about Covid and I want some news and tv that is not long distance and focused on people’s homes and talking about Covid! Once things open up we can finally have new experiences and actual stuff to see!

Posted: 24 Apr 20, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mhz, Me Too, I turn on the TV and I avoid the news we will overcome this.I talked to the lady that smokes my house and she has given me a sign that suggests that this will soon end.I dont know if any you guys have had your homes smoked before but it rids all negative energy and bad or diseased energies.Its a common practice among my people that makes my anxiety less and me more calm at this overwhelming time any witch Dr. can do it.Its a pretty awesome experience and so is the prayer.

Posted: 24 Apr 20, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More correct terminology would be a medicine man I used to go around with him when I was a young child the rituals are very beautiful.No pills!!!!!!!