Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Trying to upload a couple pics, and not finding the upload button. Anyone see it? I just see the “ post reply” button only

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never mind! I figured it out!

Attachment: 20202251975290173.jpeg 10 KB
This has been downloaded 24 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20202251222573634.jpeg 11 KB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katyd, reviewing that video, takes me back again, and it feels great. I love Mack.

Ammids, great link, the mother of all links.

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 20202251331340786.jpeg 10 KB
This has been downloaded 22 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2020225662489077.jpeg 175 KB
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: 2020225603694682.jpeg 54 KB
This has been downloaded 16 time(s).

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 03:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think we would agree the guitar neck makes for an interesting photo.

Attachment: 2020225929996138.jpeg 100 KB
This has been downloaded 21 time(s).

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great photos Lsgp!

I've always liked listening to Mack any time he appears in interviews. That particular piece opens a small door into the private Freddie. Such a giant on stage, I like knowing he was so different with friends. BTW, that interview was another DORO production. Rudi has been all over his Instagram and FB page with Peter Freestone, hinting about doing a project with him. Lsgp, I do remember Rudi saying something about another video, maybe this might be it.

Lsgp03

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 22:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydy, I was under the impression he wanted to do a film himself on the man he and his brother knew so well, not just a documentary.
Maybe I misunderstood but he felt BoRap did zero justice and left out the funny, outrageous, caring, giving friend he knew, and also left out how his mind worked while composing.
I mean let’s face it, he’s right. Freddie may have taken piano lessons during school, but he is a self- taught composer with a real gift.

maudtv user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 20, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I can't wait to see what Phoebe and Rudi are up to !!! I hope this is a new documentary with invisible interviews or something like that!
  And yes, rudi is right, borhap (the film) was not at all representative of Freddie, his funny, kind, shy, gentle and other sides have not been shown that it is a pity ... especially that Roger and Brian were also executive producers and most of the filming was attended by phoebe ....

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, I'm kind of confused. I'm not sure who you mean when you are referring to "he and his brother". I'm also confused as to who you mean when you say "he" felt BoRhap did zero justice to Freddie. I'm probably out of the loop somewhere here. I'm also reluctant to get into a debate about Bo Rhap as it is kind of a hot button issue.

I did have several written interviews given by Rudi, but alas, lost with everything else...…………...

Maud, I'm curious too. Rudi does like to throw out teasers so I guess we will just have to wait.

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katyd, Rudi Dolezal, the Dolezal brothers, are also called the Torpedo twins. Rudi worked together with his brother.
Don’t worry, lol....I’m not trying to debate the movie, it was just what I heard in a translated German interview with Rudi which had English subtitles. I wish I had saved it, but alas, I didn’t.

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Correction, they are not brothers, but they were called the torpedo twins. Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher.

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, ok. I was trying to remember some brothers who had worked together. : ) I've got so much Queen stuff in my head that it's hard sometimes to pull out relevant facts. I did find an article about Rudi where he mentions the film.

http://povmagazine.com/articles/view/rudi-dolezal-freddie-mercury-queen-bohemian-rhapsody

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice little studio clip here. I’m sure everyone has seen it already.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=02QzPGH2Xqc&list=PLo8qBGrwYZsqPOV1sRPlURll0e1oBUSDP&index=3&t=0s

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 01:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice article katyd. What I saw was all in German with English subtitles, he was included among other professionals. The whole video was him being interviewed either in Germany or Austria.
But he said something along the lines of doing a movie himself. Maybe he’s moved on from that.

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 01:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here’s an interview with Mick Rock which can be watched in segments on rainy nights.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukdc6JDzjMA&list=PLo8qBGrwYZsqPOV1sRPlURll0e1oBUSDP&index=3

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 01:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also look forward to the Rudi/Phoebe collaboration...whatever it is. Could be a lot of fun.

I was happy to read an article on the Queen site today about the street in Feltham that was named after Freddie. Something in the article caught my attention:

"...Freddie is also graciously honoured by the Friends of Feltham Pond, residents led by Angela Parton, who also maintain and tend the recently refurbished memorial space around the now thriving tree on Feltham High Street planted by the late Jer Bulsara, his Mother."

I know there was a ceremony in 2009, attended by Jer Bulsara and Brian May, where a large star memorial was dedicated. Apparently that fell into disrepair and was removed. A new plaque (smaller star) and tree were dedicated some years later. (Not sure how much later though) I found a picture of the second memorial marker and tree, but could not find any info about a ceremony. I was hoping to see a picture of Jer helping plant the tree. Does anyone have more information about that?

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 03:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just finished watching the Mick Rock interview with Rudi Dolezal and Hannes Rossacher. V