Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 May 20, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven...I have to wonder on the origin and timing of the virus too. There were lots of people near me in December and January saying they had a weird flu...it would be fever and muscle aches for a week or two, seem to resolve, and then come back again with a vengeance. They all said it was like nothing they’d had before, doctors were just saying it was this year’s flu strain. Who knows for sure? It seems odd now that we are faced with Covid 19. Until we have reliable antibody testing that is widespread, we may not ever know.

Katydid, if you make a comment on Instagram, there is a little heart next to your comment, and people can click the heart, which is a “like”. At the bottom of your IG page there is also a heart, if there is a dot on that, it means someone has liked your comment or post, or commented back. So if you just click on that bottom heart it will show in a list who liked each comment or post. I took a screen shot of mine where it says “Brian May liked your comment”....silly fan girl moment for me!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 06 May 20, 21:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder about that strain of virus being around too guys.Finally home today.All I got to say don't under estimate old folks I was waiting to be picked up from treatment where all people are picked up from and here comes the sweetest cutest little old lady being wheeled in as our eyes met we both smiled at each other.The guy wheeling her goes to lock the wheelchair and says to her is your son here yet do you want me to call him.She screams I fucking told you he doesn't have a phone three times.Her hair was sticking straight up in back it's all I could do to keep from laughing.She scared the hell out of me those poor nurses they don't get paid enough.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 06 May 20, 23:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let’s not forget Freddie’s other favorite movie “Some Like it Hot” if someone already mentioned it I missed it.

I definitely see in every way why he loved that movie

Lsgp03

Posted: 06 May 20, 23:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Chevy, glad everything turned out ok.

Has anyone heard from Ammids? I haven’t gone back to read all the posts if she’s contacted anyone here. I remember her daughter is an ER nurse I believe.

richrich user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts

Posted: 07 May 20, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My twin is also an actor. I was the baby in 'The Darling Buds of May'.

Lsgp03

Posted: 07 May 20, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We know Freddie got angry and threw things when they didn’t go well. Watched this clip of Queen in Tokyo, 1979. His voice was shot as this was an added 6th show of what was supposed to be only 5 shows in Tokyo. The comments were 50/50 was all show, and the others said frustration due to his voice shot and the band had to sing vocals.
Well I researched the April 25, 1979 show and it was indeed actual anger and frustration. Which makes sense since he has thrown irons and glasses as such into mirrors after shows.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DJPSv5_h8ts

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 07 May 20, 03:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, thanks for explaining IG to me. I'll never really use it other than to watch my favorites. I'm now also watching Kristen Hampton's IG page. I'm so glad I found her during this time. She brightens my days for sure. Did you see Brian's IG today? Sounds like he did some serious damage to his gluteus maximus while gardening. I listened to him do an interview the other day and he indicated he's been depressed again and I'm sure this won't help. He said he's going to go "silent' for a while to take time to recover.

LSGP, I have not heard from Amidds. I guess we'll just have to see if she makes a return. I hope she's ok. Thanks for the link you posted. I happened to see that one on FB today too. I think I've said before that I don't really care to see musicians destroy equipment, and he really goes at it here. In the few glimpses we get of his face I'd say he is truly furious. His voice is definitely shot. There was another video recently on FB from the same concert and Freddie is basically talking the lyrics through and Roger is doing much of the singing.

Lsgp03

Posted: 07 May 20, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, but perfectionists can get that way. Well hopefully Amidds will make a comeback.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 07 May 20, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, I feel for Freddie in that clip! It sounded painful for him. He’s really lucky that Roger could fill in so much, and that their voices blended so well! You can see the tension in everyone while they played, too.

I have a feeling that Brian’s recent buttocks injury (I always hear Forrest Gump saying that word, lol!) is related to the procedure he had done to his leg in December. He was having a lot of pain in his Achilles, and so they cut a tendon (I believe) in his calf to give him relief. I personally thought that was a risky thing to do...my career was in orthopedics so I have been around joint/muscle/tendon/ligament issues all my life. When you cut something like that, it not only releases the pain you’re having, but makes the other related muscles, etc move (or not move) like they are supposed to. So he could have bent over and whereas before with all his tendons intact it would have stopped him from moving to the point where his (gluteus or other) muscles would tear. But without that tendon intact, he was able to give himself that injury while moving. I’m not a doctor, but I would put money on that being the cause. Very painful, in any case!

Posted: 07 May 20, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get depression music was probably an escape for Brian it brings him happiness if not only for a short while.As far as Freddie's temper I can relate on that as well mine is bad at times too.It seems to me he kinda had highs and lows with his temperament has anyone ever noticed this.I guess it takes one to know one. They make good meds that work well with mood swings and adjust them accorddingly.I don't know back when he were a child and teenager they might not paid too much attention to teenage outburst or mood swings especially family's that handled things privately.I do hope Brian has just pulled something and things get better prayers going up for him at this time for sure.

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 08 May 20, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Off topic, but this will make you smile and feel good. It's not Freddie, but I like to think he'd approve. :)

http://vimeo.com/413671073/290058eecb?fbclid=IwAR3id59IWQ71j-_zxOHrHF2Nm70j3aGO7Ov-y3lKwhHrBN7UEHRch6IZiiM

stevendabudgie user not visiting Queenzone.com
stevendabudgie
Bohemian: 189 posts

Posted: 08 May 20, 01:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@MyHumanZoo

Now THAT is intriguing. Your story mirrors experiences Germans wrote about in commentary sections of German articles and YT-Videos, virtually word for word! Who knows whether it was an aggressive flu strain or an early strain of CV19... If CV cases had been in Itay last October, it would blow everything we know about the pandemic out of the water. In Italy, there are Chinese companies producing with cheap chinese laborers. The virus could have entered Italy via an infected Chinese worker, or entered China via a Chinese worker returning home… Who knows? We may have already been experiencing the second wave.

I am curious how much we will know in 10 or 20 years.

@Katydy5

I am the band´s vocalist. I first thought About singing when a became Queen fan as a youth, and even took singing lessons for a while- I wanted to sing "like Freddie". With my lack of confidence and concentration I did not try to look for a band back then. But I later joined university choirs.

@Chevyman

In addition to my uncomfortableness in large groups, I am also very irritable. Singing with drums and guitars through loudspeakers was challenging for me at the beginning, and still is though to a lesser degree.
I suggested "Killer Queen" two years ago, it was deemd "too difficult", due to a few little tempo changes. AC/DC was never my cup of tea, but the other members really wanted play their songs, so I "obeyed".
Nirvana is interesting- Cobain listened to Beatles music, maybe that´s why some of his songs are very melodic.

Posted: 08 May 20, 01:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude, Cobain was such a tragedy the drugs along with his mood disorder and depression just made it worse.He cries out I think in much of his music .Great musician but a very sad life indeed. I can relate to him on that level of sadness at times.I have a social phobia is what they call mine it causes me to have panic fits at times that make your chest feel heavy.Anxiety meds help but it can also be related to trama as well which alot of the time you don't overcome you just talk.I'm glad your able to face your fears with the public a musical genius is something to give to the world that shouldn't be wasted.Rock on.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 08 May 20, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I was wondering how it would be possible to injure the body in that particular area, but your explanation of Brian's injury as you see it makes a lot of sense. I think it's funny that he said he was going to go silent for a few days to recover, but he just can't do it. The mustache is kind of funny. Then again, my quarantine hair is getting really bad too.

TUHI, enjoyed the video. One of the things I loved most about the Broadway shows was the dancing, and a good tap routine would almost bring me out of my seat.

Steven, I had no idea you were the vocalist, though if I had read your previous post more carefully I would have seen that you told us there. I think that's such an achievement. I've always wished I could sing. I used to sing in the car when the boys were little, much to their embarrassment. I still sing all the time, but it's not something I should do in public. Good for you for going for your dream!

Lspg, I looked at your video again because I wanted to see if Freddie actually threw the ruined mic into the audience, and he did. I've always wondered if people fought over the things he threw, and also what has happened to them since. I'll bet that mic would be worth a whole lot now.

Posted: 08 May 20, 01:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TUHI. I love very uplifting I think we all needed that at first I didn't know where they were going with all that clapping then they started to jam.It sounds like good ole southern babtist music to me with the beat and all Thank You !

Posted: 08 May 20, 02:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Baptist sorry mispelled

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4838 posts

Posted: 08 May 20, 03:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5 wrote:

Shoot, lots here to comment on, but no time right now. I meant to come post earlier but I got busy doing I don't know what.

I did want to share two pictures real quick though. Hmm.....can I post two at once? I don't think so.

Ok, the first one is Roger giving an interview. Look over his shoulder----a Freddie Mercury statue! I love that he has that.

Funny.... I thought this post was referencing the GIANT Freddie Statue in his back yard property..... I was perusing this site for a bit of light fluff.... since things are pretty dark and grim...

But I just clicked the link and noted it's just a Mini Statue on the mantleplace!

In either event, I remembered this other QZ post from what seemed like yesterday... but was apparently 5 years ago.++

http://queenzone.com/forums/1390743/freddie-mercury-statue-finds-new-home-in-drummer-s-garden.aspx

A QZ user had even linked a GOOGLE EARTH link and photo at the time to see the giant thing.

I had only gone to see the musical when it hit the USA because of that Statue... I had assumed incorrectly that it would be in front of the Ahmanson Theatre out here in Downtown Los Angeles.

My brother had just passed, and I needed some fluff time... and a friend of mine's wife had bought some seasonal tickets to that garbage out there (maybe they're Not ALL garbage.. but I'm not fond of musicals.. and WWRY was nothing different)

As far as I'm concerned the only good "musicals" are on film... even the MONTY PYTHON stuff isn't good... (the films ARE.. however)

and, well.. no offense.. but I'm a straight dude and I think that gayness surely has something to do with appreciation for musicals. Not fond of any save for these oddities:

Singin In the Rain (not just a great Musical... and great FILM with an actual purpose)
My Young Auntie (Shaw Brothers Kung Fu action/comedy/drama/musical)
The Happiness of the Katakuris (brilliant hilarious dark comedy musical with family sentiment)
Meet The Feebles... the original Brilliantly bad taste film sending up the Muppets in X rated fashion.

ANYWAYS, my post was only to highlight that Roger Taylor had adopted the original Freddie Mercury statue that was positioned outside the original show run of WWRY THE MUSICAL.

God that show was awful. It WAS nice to hear INNUENDO live for a bit though.

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this message is...
matt z
Deity: 4838 posts

Posted: 08 May 20, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shoot!

turns out that that link is now dated and unsupported

http://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/45839/youre-my-bust-friend-queen-drummer-can-keep-freddie-statue/

here's a more recent story about it.

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHT!"

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 08 May 20, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Steven, it’s very interesting for sure, and we probably won’t know or understand it all for years. I am now reading “And the Band Played On” about the AIDS epidemic and how it all evolved...and the parallels are crazy! One would think after so many years we would have had a response to this type of thing more defined. But here we are, with many of the same issues and problems, although at least the timeline seems to be shorter on this one. I have some huge reactions to the differences between then and now about the ability to shut things down....I will save that for another day when I have finished the book.

On singing...I love to sing and I do it constantly. But like Katydid, I am not ready for prime time, lol! I so wish I could do it onstage though, I feel like I could be a good front-woman!

Matt...I always wondered on Roger’s Freddie statue whether it is at his current house? I remember seeing a while back that he had sold a house and moved, and I was never sure if the statue was at his original house and went with him to the new one, or if he got it at his current house. Trivial stuff, I suppose. I am with you on musicals though....I can’t abide them. Now, some of the older stuff, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, that type of thing I enjoy. But live musicals or broadway is not my thing. I never understood how the Mamma Mia movies were so popular either. But dancing in a movie...now that I can get behind! I love Singing in the Rain....and my all-time favorite Christmas movie is White Christmas...mainly just to watch the fabulous dancing. I would love to be able to do that...and tap dancing too. The way the tap dancers are so light and loose when they do it...amazing!

Posted: 08 May 20, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mattz, I'm not fond of musicals either but I think it's fair to say many straight people love musicals as well as gay people it's up to the individual and their creative interests.My uncle was a gay man and I don't recall him going to alot of theatre or ballet performances.He spent alot of his time pumping iron and going to bars like a Begal dog hunting men.He had a one track mind to keep his body in shape and make as much money as he possibly could at his young age and he did.We all have our artistic side it's our job to explore it.Well gotta go headache I pray treatment didn't give me meningitis again the light is killing me.You guys are all in my prayers have fun and be safe.