add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 May 20, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Love Freddie’s face at the very end of this video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YwYlp5hkOuU

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 15 May 20, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was a man of many faces and a guy of few words it seems you can tell by his interviews.It appears in interviews he would rather be doing something else.I would be the same way ask me the questions I will answer some of them honestly and some of them I will give you bullshit answers because their none of your buisness that's a good way to answer questions in a interview.Reporters really did ask him some dumb questions they already knew the answers too.Back to his face if you look at his baby picture his mom was so proud of his looks.His expressions didn't change much at all.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 16 May 20, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, your clip is from one of my favorite documentaries. Freddie is so relaxed in that interview that he's giving his full smile throughout. It's such a playful interview! You've reminded me that I had the complete documentary before I got the new computer but it's one of the files that I lost. I'm going to go see if I can find it again and put it back in my files.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 16 May 20, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS Awareness to raise money for the World Health Organization (WHO) and its COVID-19 relief efforts (Google will match w/ a $2 donation for every $1 donated, up to $5M.) in its entirety for the very 1st time tonight. I've seen video of George Michael perform "Somebody to Love" @ the tribute countless of times in the past but had never viewed the tribute from start to end. Yowza! I almost started to bawl when Robert Plant performed Zeppelin's "Thank You." "If the sun refused to shine, I will still be loving you . . . " Then, he broke into "Crazy Little Thing Called Love." Brian May later played keyboard and sang a heartfelt "Too Much Love Will Kill You." Of course, the late George Michael absolutely slayed "Somebody to Love." Sady, it was also one of John Deacon's last times he played bass in the band. Thanks to the band Queen - and Google - and their efforts to raise money for pandemic relief!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN7oGo6qlMA

Jo T.

Posted: 16 May 20, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 16 May 20, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh guys I forgot to mention it slipped my mind his baby picture had won a baby contest.Freddie was a photogenic person by nature I do belief he loved someone coming over and throwing some pillows on the floor and snapping some random photos.His facial structure was radiant and those rosey cheeks.His eyes told it all they were so dark absolutely gorgeous.When I think of his career with Queen and musical history those are the ones that bring the most happiness I think.

Posted: 16 May 20, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ofcourse his amazing voice that no one can replace can we all agree.I think he might of sang till his throat bleed that’s talent.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 19 May 20, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

Spent about 7 hours metal detecting over the past couple of days. Found 2 horse shoes, a bunch of musket balls, and many nails. What I most want to find now is a horse bell or sleigh bell.

Thanks to all who posted those YouTube videos of voice teachers discussing Freddie's singing. I like many of those videos because they discuss technical aspects of singing that I know nothing about. For example, I had never heard of "vowel shading" before. Have you noticed the proliferation of "watch me watch Freddie singing" videos though? The ones done by professional vocal coaches I will watch on occasion, although they are of varying quality. The reaction videos done by someone sitting in their home listening to Freddie sing...sorry, but could you be more self-absorbed? Those videos are not about Freddie, they are about someone's need to be the center of attention. I'll pass!

Amidds....Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother-in-law. Difficult to deal with under any circumstances, let alone during this time of social distancing. Glad to hear your daughter is doing fine, although it is disheartening that she has to worry about being harassed.

Jo T. I didn't watch the replay of the Freddie tribute concert, but have seen George Michael's rendition of "Somebody To Love". I agree...he nailed it!

Lspg...Thanks for the Bob Harris interview clip. I have seen it before...one of my favorites. I always crack up when Freddie says "Oh, please mother" after stating he has survived on "jabs". I have to admit I am not exactly sure what "Jabs" are since that is the only time I have ever heard that term, but a few possibilities do come to mind. :)

Katydyd, TUHI and MHZ....I smiled when you talked about planting flowers. We don't even have leaves on the trees yet, although they are budding. I am not a gardener, but I would love to plant Freddie Mercury Roses at my house. That soft yellow, pinkish/apricot color is stunning. I don't think they are available for purchase anymore, but even when they were, you couldn't get them in the US. I have the Freddie Rose as my Instant Messenger photo at work...I didn't want a picture of myself. I'm sure nobody knows what it is...but I do!

Posted: 19 May 20, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow,I do agree about the ones that do get self absorbed and it not being about Freddie but themselves.I just can’t bring myself to watch that tribute However I bet axel Rose was amazing he is my wild man.Bless the ones that took their time to honor I know it was a difficult but rewarding thing to give.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 19 May 20, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So I finally watched the tribute concert this weekend. I had avoided it for years....it just seemed too final, like once I listened to it Freddie’s death is real and that’s it. My logical self knows he is gone, but somehow that concert felt real enough to experience his death all over again. Plus, I knew no one could do the songs like he did, and I didn’t want to hear other artist’s interpretations. And finally...it felt wrong to see the other guys having fun without Freddie! But I decided it was time...and I have to admit I really enjoyed it. All the artists were good, and tried to honor Freddie. I was just floored by the number of people in attendance, and the rollicking good time they were having. Most of all, it looked like John Deacon was having so much fun...that broke my heart. Because it was really the end for him with those big performances, and I so wish he could have kept having that fun somehow. I did love the end, where Roger signs off and Freddie in his crown and robe came on....very emotional!!

While I’m on the emotional stuff, I am wondering, every time I read a Freddie book, as I am reading it just feels like maybe this time the ending will be different, and that Freddie will survive this time. Does anyone else ever feel that? It’s like...we know how he contracted it and the timing and all, and maybe if he had just done things a little differently, or stayed on his meds a bit longer at the end he would have been around today. And my mind always seems to go there....I always feel like the ending will change, and then I am even more sad when the book is done that he is gone. It is probably just my own weird reaction!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...

Posted: 19 May 20, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ....I know exactly how you feel about wanting the ending to be different. I also feel the same way every time I watch West Side Story! It's amazing that the tribute concert sold out in just a few hours, before the line-up had even been announced. It shows how much Freddie was loved...people just wanted to be part of the collective send-off. Can't imagine what it was like for Brian, Roger, and John to perform that day, though, without Freddie.

Posted: 20 May 20, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo, thanks for the link to the Tribute concert. I marked it with the intention of watching it later. I did notice that the link said it would be up for only 48 hours but I figured I have so much time on my hands that I would have no problem fitting it in. Well, I forgot and now the link is gone. I have seen bits and pieces of it on YouTube and I'm always impressed that you can feel the love everyone was feeling for the event, the band and the man. I did start to watch Jo's link when she first put it up, but lack of time made me scroll to the end and I saw Freddie in the robe and crown. So emotional! I'm sure you all saw Queen open the Academy Awards 2 years ago (??)/ When Freddie appeared in the crown at the end of their performance at the Awards it just grabbed my heart.

MHZ, I get how you feel when you are reading Freddie books. I always make sure no one is around when I get to the end of the books because I know how I'm going to be. I know what happens, but it never fails to break my heart. So many "what ifs?"

Rainbow, we have had non-stop torrential downpours beginning last night and going all through the day. There has been massive flash flooding in the area with lots of road closures. I'm so worried my plants will drown. For the first time ever I can't get my morning glory seeds to germinate and I think it's because the ground has just been too wet. I did have one hummingbird come by on a scouting expedition the other day. And some stinkin' squirrel dug up a pot of dirt I had ready for some basil. It's definitely spring here.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 20 May 20, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, where do you go to do your metal detecting? I’ve only seen it at beaches...guessing you probably wouldn’t find sleigh bells there, lol!

Katydid, if you can find that version of the tribute concert online it would be worth watching. I liked it because it was edited, it was just the performances with no time in-between, and no excess stuff. I think before the versions I saw were maybe 3 hours long, another reason to put off watching! But this version was 1 1/2 hrs, and no Liz Taylor speech, Bowie doing the Lord’s Prayer or that kind of stuff.

We have had non-stop rain and flooding too, although today is finally supposed to be dry. I am worried about my flowers too, they look pretty drowned. Hopefully they will bounce back. And in the middle of all that our geothermal unit konked out on Sunday, so no air conditioning or heat. They are here for the next 2 days replacing the thing, so I have workers swarming my house. The only good part is that maybe all the activity will stop the stupid cardinal that has been banging against our windows for the last 3 weeks! He has a nest in the bushes near the window, and seems to be attacking his reflection all day long. So it is thud, thud, thud....all the daylight hours. I tried putting things in the windows, leaving the lights on, even covering the windows outside with towels. He just moves to another window to do it! He’s got to have long term brain damage by now! I know it is slowly driving me crazy and I’m not the one hitting my head.... : )

Posted: 20 May 20, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, You would love the town I live in I live in a military historical town they are always finding things from the war with their metal detectors. Last year they just did repairs on the military barracks the soldiers were housed in and people can check the sites out free of charge when they come to town it’s pretty cool.

Posted: 20 May 20, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ and Chevy...My husband and I detect in a large farm field...we got permission from the owner to detect there. We have done detecting on small beaches, but we mainly find bottle caps and bits of aluminum foil! That's kind of a drag because we still put all those unwanted items in our bags to carry out and dispose of. Once the corn starts to grow, maybe several inches high, we won't detect there until it is harvested, so our window of opportunity is small.

People have to be very careful about where they detect. Many places, especially those of historic significance, are illegal to detect on. Also, one should never detect on private property unless permission has been granted. Most people who detect are really passionate about history and abide by the rules of detecting. They have found thousands of artifacts that have gone into museums. However, there are always those few who give the hobby a bad name.

Now that the Freddie birthday party has been cancelled in Montreux, are they just moving this year's "pink and black" theme to next year, or might they have something else planned for his 75th birthday? Also, I would imagine in November of 2021, sadly the 30 year anniversary of Freddie's death, there will be some kind of special memoriam.

Posted: 21 May 20, 00:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow,I’m glad you and your hubby get together and enjoy this hobby you have with metal detecting.I have picked up a new hobby I love to draw but I found adult coloring books please don’t laugh it really is relaxing and I enjoy it, I like playing my guitar but my hands go numb on me so I had to give that one up for right now.I hope to pick it up soon again it’s been a big part of my life since I was young and my fathers.

Posted: 21 May 20, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ. I know you pre-ordered Rudi's book. Did you see that instructions for pre-ordering have been simplified? If you are still listening to his Live IGs on Sunday you already know this. I gave up on those a couple of weeks ago when he began spending more time on other artists. Anyway, here's the pre-order site in case you were unaware. Says even those who have pre-ordered by the original method should go here and not wait for the second email.

http://www.myfriendfreddie.com/

Posted: 21 May 20, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess a lot of people have preordered Rudis book. I certainly don’t want to detour or push my opinion on anyone. Hopefully he will be more organized this time around I think I shall wait and see what happens .I know a lot of the ladies in group have ordered I think you pay extra for a personal message on your book. if that’s the case by the time you pay for little extras you could buy two books well let me shut up I’m not buying one preordered anyway. Thanks for info though I don’t follow him I got a bad taste in my mouth over something I don’t know to be fact but just suspicion so that’s for me to deal with. Happy Thursday this week went fast guys.

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 21 May 20, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very interesting Rainbow....I didn’t even realize detecting was done for historical pieces but it makes sense. It must be exciting every time it goes off!

Thank Katydid, I did see the instructions for preordering on Rudy’s book, so I went ahead and did it. I’m glad he finally got it figured out.

I saw a link on a fan page for an interview with Brian today, and in watching it discovered I have a channel called AXS on my tv and it has lots of old concerts on it. So now I am watching some great stuff! It’s the little things that make me happy!

Jo T.

Posted: 24 May 20, 04:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MyHumanZoo wrote:

Steven, it’s very interesting for sure, and we probably won’t know or understand it all for years. I am now reading “And the Band Played On” about the AIDS epidemic and how it all evolved...and the parallels are crazy! One would think after so many years we would have had a response to this type of thing more defined. But here we are, with many of the same issues and problems, although at least the timeline seems to be shorter on this one. I have some huge reactions to the differences between then and now about the ability to shut things down....I will save that for another day when I have finished the book.

@MHZ, I’ve been reading Randy Shilts’ excellent – but imperfect - “And the Band Played On: Politics, People, and the AIDS Epidemic,” too, on/off for the past few mos. Tell me when you’re done reading it. We can share our thoughts on the book. I welcome others, too. Yes, the parallels between the book and today’s COVID-19 pandemic are crazy - and scary! Dr. Anthony Fauci, Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, in the U.S. is also mentioned in the 1987 book! Have you read that far yet? Thank God for the “DRAMATIS PERSONAE” at the start of the book. The book has so many players. I constantly have to refer back to it. It’s hard to keep track of the names of all the scientists, physicians, AIDS patients, political advocates, etc. Even though I have yet to complete the book - I'm working on it - I've read enough pages to strongly believe that it should’ve been nominated for the Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction or the Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting, but it wasn’t. The late Randy Shilts was a tremendously, tremendously talented journalist. I mourn his loss. Ironically, he himself succumbed to AIDS in 1994 at the age of 42. He passed away 3 years after Freddie Mercury. Sadly, even though it has been 40(+) years since HIV/AIDS was 1st identified in the U.S., there remains no cure or vaccine. I pray it's not the same for COVID-19 and that the timeline is shorter, like you said. I also pray that those who have developed the antibody to COVID-19 after they've recovered from the infection have immunity. I try not to get my hopes up too high whenever I learn in the news about potential treatments and/or vaccines being developed. I fear they'll get dashed, but I remain cautiously optimistic.