Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 03:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Looks like it uploaded before I finished. As stated above, had watched the entire Mick Rock interview with the link I pasted a couple posts up, and it’s a great interview. He gives a lot of “little details” gems all throughout. Quite enjoyed that interview.

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 04:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just looked at Rudi’s Instagram, yes, Rudi and Peter are cooking something up....hmmmmm.....I’m liking it.

Lsgp03

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I kept scrolling and reading Rudi’s page and he did write a book which isn’t released yet, aside to whatever the secret is with Peter. We shall see, like he says “ stay tuned”

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow, I'm sorry, I don't have anything on your question about Jer, the tree, and a ceremony. You are a champion researcher so if you can't find it, I doubt it exists.

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 14:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are Thor and Lee joining this thread not that you guys aren't good enough just wondering

Perk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy go to my PINTEREST page you will find all the Freddie stuff there!
Katydyd5 wrote:

Ok, I'll start by telling Jo T that I think her idea for photos of Thor's book in its new home on our coffee tables is great!

Once my son finally hangs all of my Freddie canvases that I got for Christmas, I'll share a pic of that. I've been wanting to share that with you all.

Finally, my old desktop died and I had to get a new computer. It has been a remarkably easy adjustment, but unfortunately I lost ALL of my Freddie files and folders. The Geek Squad transferred everything except those files. Yikes!! I'm working on rebuilding them but I would love if you guys would continue to share the Freddie videos and interviews that you find. It will help me rebuild my files. One thing I am looking for is a video I shared with you all showing Freddie running off stage and into the doll house at the end of a song. There is a quick snippet showing people helping him into the robe and crown before he exists back onto the stage. Did anyone happen to save that? I have no idea what the song was so I am unable to find it on YouTube.

Posted: 26 Feb 20, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perk, Thor and Lee are way too busy to join in here. Thor closed his thread because he has no time to come by QZ at this time . He left a lovely good-bye to all of his QZ friends on his thread.

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 20, 03:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd5, thanks for taking the initiative to start the thread!

Lsgp03, you uploaded some great photos of Freddie. I esp. liked the 1st photo. He was so young and fresh-faced.

Perk, when I get Thor and Lee's book, I'll post not only a photo of it on my coffee table, but you'll also see my framed Ansel Adams prints on the wall in the background, above my living room sofa! How's that? LOL
If you wash your hands beforehand using soap and water (vs. hand sanitizer) and avoid the use of any hand cream/lotion, you're less likely to leave any smudges on "Queen in 3-D." The pages ARE glossy.

Posted: 28 Feb 20, 02:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jo! Nice to see you! I hope you'll come around often.

You guys are inspiring me to actually get a coffee table. I had one of course but gave it away because I was in the process of redecorating. That came to a halt when I had to buy a vacuum, washing machine and computer all at once. All of my Queen coffee table books are currently just piled on a couch. Not a picture I want to post. Hopefully I'll be ready once we all have Thor and Lee's book!

BTW, are you all getting Thor's GFM updates by email? I have to check the site to see updates, but I got the impression from someone that I could be getting emails. I just looked, but don't see how to do that. Anyone?

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 20, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, I do get the GFM updates but I'm not sure how lol. I tried logging in, assuming I had to set up an acct when I donated but don't remember my login info!! If you can sign in, I bet you'd find it there, sorry.

Did want to let you all know about this new podcast series I heard of, episode one just came out. I haven't watched any yet but sound interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/freddiemercurysolo

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Amidds! I didn't remember creating an account, but I had, so I simply changed notifications.

Oh wow, that podcast is terrific! It's funny but I'm always a bit surprised to see how those people have all aged because I feel as young as ever. I thought it was funny when David Wigg described hiding in the balcony and listening to what people were saying about the house. All of his friends say such kind things about him. How lucky they were to be in his inner circle.

Thereuhaveit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 112 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, Amidds for this link. Wonderful snippets about Freddie! Is this a series?

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol Katy I always think the same thing about age! Of course, then I’m reminded how old I am....:)

TUHI, yes I believe it’s the first in a series. I finally had some time to watch the podcast but not to learn too much about it.

Rudy is doing a live today on Instagram for anyone who’s interested. Says he’s gonna answer as many questions “as he can”. I won’t be able to watch and I highly doubt he will announce what he is working on with Peter but who knows!

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 14:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, Amidds. I went back to the link and read the synopsis at the side bar (duh--could have done that earlier) and it does use the term "series" but that's all the info given.

I'm probably not as big a fan of Freestone as many here, as I'm a little suspect about his motivations and his stories morph with time and who pays him. I guess it will be interesting to see what he and Dolezal are collaborating on. I've always thought it would be fascinating if Diana Moseley wrote about Freddie. Theirs was a working relationship, but apparently, they were fond of one another.

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I'm going to try to catch Rudi's Instagram live. I have an Insta account, but I don't use it. I actually created it only because I wanted to hear Villiers' live with Thor and Lee. I checked it out this morning and I think I'll be able to listen today. We shall see.

TUHI, I like Phoebe, but I do look at him with some misgivings. That wouldn't stop me from seeing him in person if given the chance. I do hope Amidds can do his boat tour in Montreux and report back. I'm a bit cynical at times, but I do believe he is still a great Freddie source.

I've always wished Diana Mosely would write a book, though I'm not sure she would have enough material for a full book.. Did you see her panel discussion from an appearance in Montreux? I would have loved to be there because she even gave away one of her costume drawings from I'm Going Slightly Mad. I'm not going to be able to pinpoint the exact documentary that was made after his death, but she appears and talks about an afternoon she spent with him toward the end of his life. They played Scrabble and she drank champagne. At the end of the visit he thanked her for spending time with an old man. She cries as she tells the story, and I cry every time I see it.

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 17:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that Moseley wouldn't have enough for a full biography, but maybe an in depth interview would be nice. I know the bit you're referring to where she talks about the afternoon with Freddie, and his thanking her for spending the afternoon with "... an old man." Heart-wrenching and I tear up too, her grief is so palpable. I'm pretty sure it's from "The Untold Story" which is one of the better documentaries. A little sappy in places, but, it is Freddie's story after all. :)

I think it's wise to be skeptical of Freestone, especially 28 years on from FM's death. He seems to tell the "stories" that his audience wants to hear, rather than sticking to his remembrances closer to his time with Freddie. I never thought he was as good a friend to Freddie as he claims, (certainly not the one who knew him best), though obviously, Freestone knew him somewhat well. I'd say, more of an employee/friend, rather than friend/employee, where I'd place others in Freddie's life.

CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TuhI , I hope you guys dont mind if I make one post on this subject about Peter I feel the same as you do it is heart breaking to me to watch such a shift in his stories about Freddie .Rudi has the right to write a book I just dont think he was close enough to Freddie to make that one to one impact on his readers.I feel the good ole boy book about Freddie's time with his buddies which includes Peter if he hasn't forgotten them is what people will want to read.It will be written with Freddie's heart and truth in mind that's just my opinion.Thanks for letting me speak.

Lsgp03

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katyd I also saw that same video with Diana Moseley. I think Peter freestone has some of these videos on his website Freddiemercury.com

You have to dig around in there, but I think that’s where I found it sometime last year.

Lsgp03

Posted: 29 Feb 20, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JoT sorry for late response but it’s definitely a perfect coffee table book. As per Thor’s first description of the book, he mentioned “coffee table style “

Perk, I read your last comment on Part3, and glad you found your way here. I know what you meant, it would have felt like the end of an era. We can thank Katydy for this continuation.

Katydy I’m sure by the time the book comes out you’ll have a new coffee table. But I understand, just paid for painting in dining room and kitchen, new washing machine and dishwasher repair. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Posted: 01 Mar 20, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp, LOL, there's no coffee table in my future. Prior to all the expenses I mentioned in a previous post, I had also had the entire interior of the house painted. I've learned not to ask "what else could go wrong" because you always find out. On Friday, I realized that someone had hit my car in a parking lot, and done quite a bit of damage to the side trim and bumper. It is always something and lately it's all about $$$$.

Did any of you listen to Rudi Live? I did and it was interesting. This is the first time he's done something like that so he wasn't exactly prepared. He had a list of some questions to answer, but he answered them early on and then started to pull questions from the incoming comments. But it was till fun to listen to, and I'll tell you some of what I remember. First of all he is coming to Breakthru in Cleveland this summer. He said he's not sure what his role will be there, but he's excited. He said if he were invited to Montreux, he would go. He talked about the book a lot and it sounds like it is going to be full of new info. He said when he and Phoebe got together recently and started sharing memories, many things came up that they'd forgotten and that led to the idea for this secret project. He toyed around with that for about half an hour, but then got a phone call from Phoebe who said to go ahead and release limited info. It sounds like it will be a joint project about Freddie, but I didn't hear any more details than that. Let's see...…..oh, he said he and Freddie often planned out videos at GL. He talked about Phoebe taking Freddie to video shoots, and picking him up, but that all the time in-between was Rudi's. He said he still misses Freddie and even wiped a tear away, though I don't remember if it was then or when he was talking about making one of the final videos. I'm very excited that we will have both Rudi's book and Thor's, hopefully sometime this year.

I wanted to make one short comment about memories from the past. My brother and I don't live close to each other but we talk on the phone quite often. It is amazing to me how differently we both see incidents from our past, especially our childhood. I'll remember it one way, while he remembers another and somewhere in between is probably the truth. I think some memories sort of soften around the edges as time passes. Sometimes they seem to change with the frequent re-telling. I'm not too hard on Phoebe, though as I've said before, I don't think he is the only one we can rely on.