Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydid, do you know if you can still preorder Thor and Lee’s book? I would love an autographed copy. I think when I was going through their thread there was a lot going on with the go fund me stuff and they kept talking about refunding and stuff so I didn’t order then. They left shortly after I read those threads.

So my next book plunge is to read Cynthia Lennon’s book. I have long been a Beatles fan, back in college I read quite a few books on them. Cynthia’s book came out a lot later, and I saw it was cheap with a Kindle discount I had so I grabbed it. I am by no means a John Lennon fan, I actually think he was kind of a strange guy and mostly not nice to others. But he did write some great songs! I wanted to go see Paul McCartney on tour last year, decided against it because the only seats left were nosebleed and pretty expensive at that. Now I am kicking myself because who knows when he will ever come around again. Gggrrrrr. : )

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
CHEVYMAN user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2166 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can still order I think They are still taking donations.

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 17:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, You can always message Thor or JT she might could reach out for you or knows how you can touch base with them.Love is peace and is the answer. Love is all you need.

Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, here's the link to Thor's GFM page. Since it is still open I'm assuming you can still get an autographed book. I did go ahead and email him just to make sure, but I think it would be fine. I'll let you know if I hear different.

http://www.gofundme.com/f/freddiemercury-bk-w-50-unseen-pics

I wasn't much of a John Lennon fan while he was alive, Paul was always my guy. In time though I've come to really appreciate John and his creativity. I remember being devastated when he died because it almost seemed impossible that someone would have done that.

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, if I remember correctly, as long as you donate $50, Thor and Lee will send you an autographed copy. After I donated, Thor had asked everyone to DM him our shipping address thru GoFundMe so you should do that as well. You could also just DM him to see if they are still actively taking orders before you donate....

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yah, another book order for the guys awesome!!!!!!!!!

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I do love the Beatles very much they are one of my favorite bands. John was my favorite beatle as long as he wasn’t listening to his wife. That lady told him what pants to wear. For a lady of her times she was pretty bold I think.I kinda wonder how many trips those two went on and I’m not talking about a holiday.She seemed out there somewhere sometimes Does anyone know?I wasn’t a child of the sixties so please educate me.

Posted: 05 Jun 20, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay I didn’t even know John was married before yokoI have a lot to learn I just know the music side.Supposidly his first wife died of cancer not to long ago.

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Friday all! My family was just here for a small celebration and it was so great to see them. It's been so long and just to be around the kids made my spirits soar. LOL, I did see my DIL and the kids earlier this week to do some garden shopping, but twice in one week feels like heaven. Anyway, my son finally hung the Freddie canvases they gave me for Christmas (!!) and I said I'd share a picture once it was done, so, voila. I love that I can just glance to my right as I sit here and there he is. It's been a great day!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Quick edit: I already had the two of the canvas prints. My son just hung the three they gave me.

Attachment: 2020661531063701.jpg 13 KB
This has been downloaded 29 time(s).

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They look great Katy I’m glad you saw your son and grands I love to see those paintings they are precious gifts.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd....Glad you had such a wonderful day. Love your Freddie picture corner. I don't have any Freddie/Queen pictures on display, but I have my Funko-Pop dolls to look at.

I went to my office yesterday to pick up some papers. I hadn't been there since mid-March. It was strange because there were only a few people in the building that has 2 floors and multiple offices. Anyway, I always listen to Queen music on my short drive to and from work...today was no different. Often I'll play one song over and over. Today it was "Who Wants To Live Forever". Definitely one of my favorites. I love the gentleness of Brian's voice with Freddie's powerful vocals.

On the last thread there was a discussion about Queen + Béjart: Ballet For Life. Some people had ordered the video (don't remember who). I recently saw the announcement that the documentary will be available for free viewing on June 18-21. Just watched the trailer...it looks really good. I never cease to be amazed at how difficult ballet dancing is...that fellow human beings can leap and spin and move like that! I love the combination of power and grace.

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 14:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydid, I’m glad you had a fun day! It sounds like a blast, and I am jealous of your Freddie pics. I would love to have some, but I think it might drive my husband over the edge, lol!

And thanks to all on the info on Thor and Lee’s book, I’m going to hop over and order if I can. We have finally gotten some lovely weather here and now I need to get out and enjoy it. Hope you all have a great day!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHz, Congratulations on the purchase of your new book. It is a nice day outside I’m trying to plant flower seeds in pots with my grandson and I planted two days ago and they are already growing hopefully I won’t kill these.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 21:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haven’t been able to read many of the past pages yet, but Wow Katydy love those canvas prints! I have been putting together a Rock room myself. Its all Freddie, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. All black and white prints.

I like your selection and placement.

Thanks for being the guinea pig for the neal preston book. Im interested in it myself but will wait on your analysis.

I know rudi is disorganized but Im still getting the Rudi book only because he worked so closely with Freddie and Queen, and still speaks with Brian. I trust that the publishers will create the organizing of his work.

Chevyman, sad and bad news of those children, poor parents.

I know there is more to touch upon but need time to catch up

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lsgp03, awesome a rock room that will be cool.We definitely got all these books flying around right now stela’s those of you that enjoy reading will be busy. Did you order Thor or Lees book yet I think it’s finished. But a few weeks left to tie things up according to last update. Haven’t heard from you in a while I went to lake today my friends actually stood me in water I was scared of rocks underneath my feet but it was fun. I love the smell of fish water at the lake.

Posted: 06 Jun 20, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I meant for those of you that love to read. I’m texting from my iPhone.

Posted: 07 Jun 20, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks all for the nice comments on my canvas corner. It's in my "office" where I use my desk top computer. The room is very small and there's very little space to add any more, but I could try if I found one I loved. The ones you saw are to the right of me, and to my left there's a hanging Freddie Mercury calendar, and a print of a cabin in KY that has nothing to do with Freddie. : ) I also have my Montreux statue in here and a goofy picture of Freddie and me that my son made for my birthday. So this is as close to a Queen room as I will ever get.

Lsgp, your Rock room sounds fun. Have you ever heard the CD that Robert Plant and Alison Kraus made? The most unlikely of pairings imaginable, but it really works. Are you still listening to Rudi Live on Sundays? I stopped a couple of weeks ago when he began to focus more on some of the other artists he's worked with. I'm still eager to get his book. He paid Brian a lovely tribute when he had his health issues and said that he had talked with him.

Sounds like we are all busy, or as busy as we can be while still social distancing, with summer activities. Metal detecting, gardening, trips to the lake are all taking up our time. It's good to be outside!! I did finally start grocery shopping at the actual store again. It was driving me nuts not to pick out my own produce, so I strapped on a mask and went. Ah, cherries, watermelon, raspberries...……..I'm in heaven.

Rainbow61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 683 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 20, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw yesterday that Brian was voted "Number 1 Rock Guitarist Of All Time" by readers of the magazine "Total Guitar". Way to go, Brian!!!! I ordered a copy of the magazine. :)

Jo T. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jo T.
Bohemian: 161 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 20, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Katydyd5, I like, I like, your corner of the world! Like Lsgp03 mentioned, I like the "selection and placement," too. You have an aesthetic eye. I like how the colored Freddie canvases pop against the bare, white walls.

@MHZ, I finally saw the HBO film of Randy Shilts' "And the Band Played On" on YouTube. Thanks to Chevy for recommending the medium. I was honestly reluctant to see it and hadn't planned on it. Movie adaptations of great books rarely live up to the book. I wondered how the movie would condense a 600(+)-page book that had so many players into a 2-hour movie. However, you had me sold when you mentioned the scene of the Freddie Mercury poster in the bathhouse and Queen's "Play the Game" in the background! Actually, I believe the poster is a Tom of Finland poster, although the man does resemble Freddie from the back. Freddie was a fan of Tom of Finland. I cracked up when I saw musician Phil Collins appear as a bathhouse owner. Of course, the movie couldn't live up to Randy Shilts' monumental book, but it was decent. I liked the video montage at the end of the movie, where you saw those who had died from AIDS, including Freddie Mercury, Larry Kramer (whose character was NOT featured in the movie), etc. BTW, I was unaware the late John Lennon's ex, Cynthia Lennon, wrote a book. I'm more of a Stones fan vs. the Beatles, but I do like Paul McCartney songs like "Hey Jude," "Let It Be" and "Eleanor Rigby" (The strings in the orchestra absolutely devastate me. Seriously, cry me a river for "Eleanor Rigby."). I heard that McCartney wrote "Hey Jude" for Julian Lennon, the son of John and Cynthia Lennon as his parents went through a divorce. The song was originally called "Hey Jules."

@Rainbow61, I believe it was me and JB050 who had ordered the "Queen + Bejart: Ballet for Life" DVD last year. OMG, I forgot all about it! I have yet to watch it. I had removed the cellophane wrap though. I'll have to watch it in the near future. I had told JB last year that I'd watch it before the end of Dec. 2019, and it's June of 2020! I had also planned to see the American Ballet Theatre (ABT) tour of "Swan Lake" in my metropolis last April, but it was canceled due to the pandemic. I had seen a live stream benefit for the ABT on YouTube during the pandemic. I've had so many concerts refunded or postponed. I donated some of the refunds to local food banks, to buy PPE for frontline workers and to the World Health Organization (WHO). I honestly wonder when I'll ever see a concert or theatre live again, but honestly, that's a 1st-world complaint.

Posted: 07 Jun 20, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, as you. Get more paintings please post I would love to see it come together