Forums > Personal > Friendly Chat

forum rss feed
Author

Amidds user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 20, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katy, never got your PM. Don't know if it's this site or me as I am still having problems opening the attachments on here. I will continue to work on it lol.

MHZ, lucky you to be in Florida! I am seriously considering going to visit my kids cause I am feeling stir crazy. Of course, it's hot as hell down there now and not everything is open but, I'd like to be out in the sunshine and relaxing (and I've only been back in the office a couple of wks lol!)

Rainbow, not too familiar with Norwegian but, since just my daughter and I are going to Paris, I will be flying to Orlando to travel with her so that's where Norwegian kicks in. It was actually $300 cheaper to go from Orlando than Chicago which more than pays for my flights to/from FL!

We're just keeping our fingers crossed that we can go and things will be open at the time! I know Versailles has opened up, keeping my fingers crossed for the Louvre. I have a nephew there so he will keep up entertained too. Of course, we have that side trip to Montreux at the time too. Even though our main reason in going there has been cancelled, we will still see the FM statue and maybe see the studio. Of course, I have warned my daughter that we will be returning to celebrate FM's bday there someday when things are back to normal :)

Lspg03, haha, love the intention! I assumed they would put it on a relevant page but I couldn't read anything. Even though they messed up, it's still pretty awesome!

Stevendabudgie, I have heard a lot about that theory of the virus being here earlier than we thought and that many people may have had it and not known. I had traveled to FL in Nov and Dec. Both times I got sick and assumed I picked something up on the plane. My Dec illness was so bad that I had pretty bad coughing and a fever which I passed on to my son-in-law down there. Took a while to get over all the symptoms. Makes me wonder if I had a light case of it then and makes me want to get the antibody test to check. I don't usually get sick and can't remember the last time I got that bad so I wouldn't be surprised!!!

Re: the book discussion. I honestly don't think any of these people are trying to "cash in" especially not Thor and Lee. That being said, I couldn't care less if that's what anyone's intention is. People have a right to make money and as long as their not hurting anyone, go for it!! However, if I thought that was their motivation, I might not buy it lol! There's always gonna be people out there that have nothing better to do than criticize someone for their actions without knowing their actual thoughts/intentions. As long as these books are well done and not "tell-alls" or full of lies like the Jones book, I'm more than happy to have them!

MyHumanZoo user not visiting Queenzone.com
MyHumanZoo
Bohemian: 319 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 20, 15:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, it is really hot in Florida right now...so be careful what you wish for, lol! We are getting the daily afternoon rains too. But it is still lovely and relaxing. I am ready for my husband to find something to do though....he is a restless soul and doesn’t do well sitting still for long. Which means he is constantly either doing something that requires my input....or planning to do something, which requires my input! I am used to being on my own all day so I have had to adapt. I did finally finish my book by Cynthia Lennon though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. She is really a lovely person, very sweet and really doesn’t have much of anything bad to say about John and even Yoko, even though they treated her pretty horribly. She strikes me as a rather naive and nice, too nice to stand up for herself in most situations, which was probably her main problem.

I am very jealous of your trip to France and Switzerland Amidds....I really hope I can get to Montreux myself one day. I have been to the Louvre, but I am not much of an art person so I was not a good one to appreciate it. They told me when I went in that you couldn’t see it all in one day....but by golly I managed to do it!

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
Katydyd5 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 881 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 20, 02:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, you didn't miss much with my PMs. I actually sent them in three parts because QZ will cut off a PM if it is too long. It generally takes me three or four tries to get in to the site and I find that frustrating. I'll shamelessly plug the queenchat site for the ease of their PMs!

I'd like to get the antibody test too, though they say it isn't reliable. I was sick for about two weeks in late February. Terrible cough, low-grade fever, chills and exhaustion beyond anything I'd experienced before. I even skipped my last Broadway show, Les Miz, because the thought of going to the theater and sitting for a whole show was simply beyond me. It's not uncommon for me to get sinus infections but this was totally different from anything I'd ever experienced.

My former in-laws lived in Florida and I used to dread the visits down to see them. I am not fond of the heat at all and it was relentless. My son and his family were just there visiting my DIL's mother and they spent some of the time in enclosed bathrooms due to tornado warnings as a result of Cristobal. I hope we don't have a rough hurricane season. It's absolutely the last thing we need.

Amidds, even though the birthday party for Freddie has been canceled this year I still envy your trip to Montreux. I'd love to see the statue and to have the studio experience. I want to hear all about it upon your return!

Posted: 16 Jun 20, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, I'm sure it's very hot! When I go down this time of year, we usually just spend time at the pool or beach and take it easy. I'm a lot like your husband where I can't sit still but, the heat this time of year usually zaps me so I don't mind being lazy!! I would be interested to hear how you did the Louvre in one day! When my daughter and SIL went last year, they picked just a few rooms and concentrated on those. It was hard because my daughter is very artistic and my SIL is not so, settling on stuff they were both interested in was difficult I guess.

Katy, maybe it's QZ then and not me. I won't worry much about it, the name had just tickled the memory banks and I was curious what I forgot this time lol!

I haven't looked into getting the antibody test around here yet, still trying to limit going out too much as I really worry about bringing it to my mom. If I feel brave enough to go to Fl before our big trip, I'll see if my daughter can do a test - I really feel as if it's going to make a difference when a vaccine comes out. It may be like Shingles where, if you have had it, no point in getting the vaccine. Plus, I have a major sensitivity to eggs which is how they grow the vaccines so I can't even get flu shots or I'm deathly ill for days. So, if I've had it and a vaccine won't help, less for me to worry about!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Paris/Montreux!!! I too, am still looking forward to it even though the bday party was cancelled and I still have small hopes that things will clear up and maybe SOMETHING will happen at the time-boat trip with Peter perhaps? LOL - will def let you guys know how it went and post pics of the statue and studio if we can get in along with anything else FM related!!! Not that pics aren't all over online for that stuff.....

Posted: 16 Jun 20, 23:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I DO think it is the QZ site, not our computers.

I definitely want to see pictures of anything you see in Montreux. Doesn't matter if I've seen tons of similar pics, this will be someone I know sharing the trip!

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Katydyd, awesome! But, be ready, I am the picture Queen! One thing I really want to do is leave a message on the wall outside of the studio - has anyone seen that? It's like a message board to Freddie and I love it! I know it's not the same BUT if anyone wants me to add their name and take a pic, let me know. Do I sound weird lol? I just think it would be fun to see our names up there in a special location. Gosh, all these little things that may not happen if the trip gets cancelled :(

Hate to bring up all the bad going on but, everyone doing OK? Don't know if any of you live in any of the areas hit by riots but I think of you all when something happens and hope everyone is staying safe!!

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yesterday we went to the beach and had a great day, my husband managed to sit still for quite a while! I got some reading done and we went for walks, too. It was one of the only days where we didn’t get the afternoon showers, which helped. I don’t mind hot weather at all, I am cold all the time so it’s nice when I can walk around and be warm for once.

As for the Louvre, I basically hustled through all the areas and rooms, I didn’t stop much to take it all in. I am not good at appreciating art, I look at stuff and think, ok...that’s nice and then move on. I did stop and admire the Mona Lisa, and a few other big name pieces. I am a fast walker too, which helped!

Amidds, if you get to Montreux and can put our names outside the studio I would love it! I love looking at the pictures from anywhere related to Freddie and Queen, so feel free to post them all. In fact, if they’d had a Freddie room at the Louvre I probably would have spent all day there, lol!

JB050 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 575 posts

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy belated birthday MHZ
Amidds - looking forward to seeing some of your trip pics if you are willing to share. Really excited for you.

You all have probably seen this before, but just in case
http://m.facebook.com/home.php

Thinking about you all .. sorry I have been MIA.

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, not sure what your link is supposed to share! When I click on it, I'm seeing birthday wishes for a friend of mine on FB. When I tried again, I got a post about two local missing dogs. Somehow I don't think that's what you were aiming for.

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Katy. Haha. Spot on. Definitely not what I was going for. See if this one works. It’s the clip of Freddie stopping the concert to calm the crowd where they were fighting.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR3B7mq_Fz0PwrOIxNiiOMHub2aUFZsanLLj2rBbkHc_aYdQhtdg04aDoCw&feature=youtu.be&v=Uu2qhm2Kcc8

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MHZ, will def add your name. You can let me know in a PM (if it's working) if you want your real name or MHZ. I am much the same way with walking fast and glancing, especially when I shop, tho I don't enjoy shopping at all. So, who knows how much I will absorb. We are actually strongly considering taking a tour we saw on Airbnb conducted by a French historian/comedian. His tours are highly rated and he hits a lot of the high points in a "fast-moving" tour. My daughter said all the placards are in French so, this way, we will move fast, get a history, a laugh and can go back after to spend more time on things we are actually interested in. We'll see. Of course, I'm just hoping it's open at this point!!

JB, I don't remember actually seeing that clip so, thank you. If I'm not mistaken, that was in Ireland. If memory serves, between that fight and the crowd's behavior, that's why Freddie said he would never go back there and, I don't think they did!! Did get a big chuckle about Katy getting the bday and dog stories though - was it a magical link JB? :)

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds. Hahaha. I guess I accidentally linked to Facebook and the really funny part is, everyone will likely see something different. When I follow it, it goes to my “friends” posts. So yes. I guess it is a magic link. Haha. :-))

That tour sounds interesting. True, as you said will be a plus if places aren’t opening up then.

I think it’s great that you are still getting to go. Another plus, shouldn’t be as crowded. ;))

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 22:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds. Hahaha. I guess I accidentally linked to Facebook and the really funny part is, everyone will likely see something different. When I follow it, it goes to my “friends” posts. So yes. I guess it is a magic link. Haha. :-))

That tour sounds interesting. True, as you said will be a plus if places aren’t opening up then.

I think it’s great that you are still getting to go. Another plus, shouldn’t be as crowded. ;))

Posted: 17 Jun 20, 23:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I love the idea of a group message on Freddie's wall! Add me to the list!!

JB, I had seen that clip, but thanks for sharing again. It is the concert at Sloane and the one that soured Freddie on Ireland. It always makes me a little uncomfortable because it could have gone bad pretty quickly. I know they have a lot of security around the stage, but that's a mighty big crowd.

Posted: 18 Jun 20, 00:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds, I missed that. I’d love to be part of group message on the wall. What a great and very thoughtful idea.

Katy, yes. Crowd behavior definitely. He handled it amazingly. I’m sure security was grateful. Sounds like there were pockets of issues in the arena.

Posted: 18 Jun 20, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh JB, you have always been a tricky one ;)

OK, two more names to add to my list. We have plenty of time but, as we get closer, we should decide on the message and you all can let me know if you want me to use your QZ names.

Before my Ireland trip got cancelled, we had been planning to drive past the castle where that concert was. I love to be able to see the places I read about with actual eyes, ya know?

Posted: 18 Jun 20, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds. Thank you?!!?!! Haaahaaa.
So cool about the group message.

Well, Maybe you will get to Ireland and a 75th birthday celebration. ;-)))) how do you like my idea for your 2021 vacation planning.

Hope all of you and your families are well!!

Posted: 18 Jun 20, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds. Thank you?!!?!! Haaahaaa.
So cool about the group message.

Well, Maybe you will get to Ireland and a 75th birthday celebration. ;-)))) how do you like my idea for your 2021 vacation planning.

Hope all of you and your families are well!!

MyHumanZoo

Posted: 18 Jun 20, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JB, I have heard about Freddie stopping that concert due to the bad behavior, but I had never seen the video....thank you! He really went about it well. One would have to wonder now whether it would go like that.

Amidds, I think I’d like my real name on Freddie’s wall....not that it would make any difference, I suppose! I just wouldn’t want it posted in a picture on here, so if you can send the pictures privately that would be best. Although I suppose we have a little bit of time yet to figure things out.

Lsgp03 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lsgp03
Bohemian: 276 posts

Posted: 18 Jun 20, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amidds! I envy you! The statue and the studio! Please put my name there to?
Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Katydy agreed on heat. Ugh..